Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

Everyone seems to be royally pissed at the upcoming implementation of the Login Reward system. Veterans for particular reasons and others because they are waiting for those weapon rewards.

Here's how i think DE should implement the system based off what I've heard.

Rather than cleaning the state at 0 to 200 and making tenno wait more days than they should..You should begin the process so everyone gets something for their efforts thus far.

Day 1 Implementation

IF LoginDays <= 50, Give the player selection to a cache

IF LoginDays >= 100, Allow the player to select any weapon or accessory

This will clear up all the anguish and your new system can run its course without the disdain of the community.

Love you DE!

-Daystroyerkun

These changes are nice, and will mark a mild improvement to the current login reward system.   It is also highly appreciated that feedback has already been taken into account and changes are still being made.  That's very important, because this current draft of the login reward rework does not include a means of "catch-up", which is the MOST CRUCIAL issue for the login reward system. As it currently stands, either veteran players who have missed login days cumulatively over the course of years, or new players who are starting out about three years behind, can NEVER catch up with the current login counter.  This is the most fundamental issue with the system as it stands.  Even if players can choose individual items at intervals, they can never catch up, and each day missed irrevocably widens the gap.

Can I propose a solution?  As an example, Black Desert Online, a Korean MMO with a daily login reward system, counts logins on the weekend as two days.  I believe it starts at Friday at 5 PM PST, through Sunday at 5 PM PST.  That means logging in for 7 consecutive days actually counts as 10 days.  So a new player could reach their first 50-day milestone in 5 weeks, rather than 6.  A very diligent new player could reach the 1000-day milestone in exactly 100 weeks, which is still just a month shy of two whole years of consistently logging in every single day, but it is markedly better than the 143 weeks it would have taken them otherwise.  In the meantime, they've caught up in the system by 10 whole monthsTHAT'S how you reward dedication.

That also means weekend logins include two rewards instead of one, further incentivising logging in and playing on weekends to scoop up additional rewards.  While there may be some concern of a "weekend warrior syndrome", as in player traffic dipping on week days and spiking in favor of weekends, I believe it would have an overall positive effect on play time and player retention. As for the players already caught up with the system?  Once caught up, they're "on track" with current daily login reward milestones.  They still get two random rewards on weekends, but their login days count as only one for the purpose of reaching milestones.  They're on track, and more players over time, rather than fewer, will join them.

I strongly believe that an improvement like the one I propose, combined with the ones already set forward in this Dev Workshop, will make daily login rewards more substantial for players, make milestones feel less insurmountable, and thus incentivise more consistent player activity, and greater retention.  I hope you consider this feedback moving forward.

Give all weapons and mods to Baro, all cosmetics to the market...

Only allowed for login reward system are potatoes, rivens, endo and so on...maybe with a little scale (but let be honest...the crying will start a few weeks later).

4 hours ago, Xavier said:

I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but it appears they switched the mod and equipment milestones. Previously, the [100, 300, 500, ...] set was the weapons and the [200, 400, 600, ...] set was the primed mods. I feel like this should be consistent with the current system.

That still puts us at 1100 days for all of the "equipment" and 800 days for all of the mods. It's not great.

1 minute ago, TGDM said:

That still puts us at 1100 days for all of the "equipment" and 800 days for all of the mods. It's not great.

Right, but the original announcement on Devstream #100 specified that players would get more agency in terms of how they progressed through the login system, not that it would be a shorter amount of time to acquire all of the content. I don't think that this change prevents DE from making further changes in the future to accommodate some "catchup" mechanic (albeit it might take a while).

7 hours ago, ArtiSylv said:

Still not entirely keen on the idea of weapons and primed mods with unique mechanics being locked behind hundreds of days. This doesn't feel like enough of an improvement, considering it'll still take literally over two years to get all of them assuming you're consistent with logging in

Good thing there are 500 other weapons to choose from with unique mechanics of their own.

Even better none of these are necessary to do anything. A one year commitment is nothing for an mmo, you must be new to the genre.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Xolpan:

Give all weapons and mods to Baro, all cosmetics to the market..

Ohh no, than you have to wait for Baro...and maybe the weapon or mod of your choice is not offered...ohhh no

OK, lets make Baro permanent...than you can buy everytime everything you want...

Still believe an easier way to fix this without being anti-fun by blocking weapons and mods from players who can't log-in on daily basis or just joined is:

1. Sigils and Resources every 50 days. 50, 100, 150, etc. Sigils could be like the ones talked about in the recent streams, they shine brighter every tier. Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Armour Parts and Primed Syandana every 100 days. 100, 200, 300 etc.

3. Ship Cosmetics, Captura Cosmetics every 200 days. Days 200, 400, 600, etc. Specially with the up coming Railjack ship.

The weapons from milestone could even be added to the drop pool of the new Lvl80+ Alerts talked in the new stream.

PS: Being able to log every day doesn't equate to being a veteran, there's people who just log in and out every day without playing.

I am at ~150 days logged in and this crushed my soul. I literally only login to get the Zenistar as of two weeks ago (I play different games a lot). It changes NOTHING for players between 101-200 days logged in. This is a large portion of players. These players are those that are deicated and are likely to become long time players of the game. Now they have to wait 100-200 days to get the Zenistar, one of the most unique, fun, powerful, and well-designed weapons added to Warframe. Instead of making players less angry of these changes, you made even more players angry. You still have the salty veterans that are angry because noobs have to put in less time for a Zenistar. You now have players that are past 100 days that are angry because the have to wait another 200 days to get the Zenistar or any weapon. The players who have gotten 101 to 2XX days should get a weapon choice or at least an option to trade the Azima for one of the weapons.

IN DE I TRUST, except for melee 3.0

.64a42fec3-1.jpg

1 hour ago, (PS4)Daystroyerkun said:

Everyone seems to be royally pissed at the upcoming implementation of the Login Reward system. Veterans for particular reasons and others because they are waiting for those weapon rewards.

Here's how i think DE should implement the system based off what I've heard.

Rather than cleaning the state at 0 to 200 and making tenno wait more days than they should..You should begin the process so everyone gets something for their efforts thus far.

Day 1 Implementation

IF LoginDays <= 50, Give the player selection to a cache

IF LoginDays >= 100, Allow the player to select any weapon or accessory

This will clear up all the anguish and your new system can run its course without the disdain of the community.

Love you DE!

-Daystroyerkun

YES

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

EDIT - 2:31 PM EST
After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones. The main post has been edited to reflect this change, here's the list of updated tracks for posterity:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

This plan is nice but i still prefer weapons and equipment are locked every 50 days but with this kinda of setup:

Sigils and resources, weapons, equipments and primed mods are obtainable every 50 days but:
Sigils and Resources are unlocked at Day 50

Weapons and Equipment are unlocked at Day 100

Primed Mods are unlocked at Day 200

This encourages more newbie players to login everyday for the weapons with minimal effort via number of logins, but gives a potential of not logging in back because of remaining "unnecessary" login reward. But at least it gives a more diverse choice of what does a player really want for login rewards.

I'm around 780+ day login now and if I got lodestar syandana at Day 800, maybe it'll be nice if I'll get the lodestar armor set at day 850, just saying.

Hi DE! This reward system is not giving more then choosable rewards with no progression help. For example: In my case I reached 300 days a couple days ago that means I got the Zenistar and i really want to get the zenith (500 day) and the sigma & octantis (700 day) so if you planning to add this the only change you give is to choose which one I want first the zenith or the sigma & octantis and i still have to wait the same ~400 days to get both guns which is more then 1 year... Any way in my opinion lower the milestone from 50 to 25 day or even 30 would help and I know there are players who logged in through almost 1000 days and they definitely deserve something that represent what they are been through.I hope you guys come up with better system for this and keep up the good work.  🙂

I still think the delay between each rewards is too long. 50 is such a long time. I'm pretty sure most players dont go over that. I've had friend who grew tired of the game, because of the lack of significants reward sooner in the game

Also I hope that people that are under 30 days of the next weapon rewards arent gonna get #*!%ed by this change

Edit : You really need to cut the time to get everything by half . You need to play around 3 years to have everything that is mastery locked. I'm already mr 25 since like 3 months (played since last november) but it is kind of ridiculous that I will never have the maximum possible mastery and some nice and cool weapons. I miss mostly at that time Zenith and Soma Prime as primary. Brakk (yeah G3 are never nice with me). Melee is where I miss Zenistar, Sigma and Octantis,Dual Kamas Prime + (Mk1 bo that is not maxed and im too lazy for it) .. Imperator Vandal + Dual Decurions..

I dont know why you lock super nice and useful primed mod behind wall (Primed Fury , Primed Shred) . Primed Vigor isnt that amazing but still has its use. 

I will be honest with you. I think daily login reward should be by "in mission" playtime so that even new player that "super binge" the game feels rewarded. 

So has it stands I can se 2 Positives and 2 negatives of this changes:

Its positive that you can choose what reward you get 1st on the reward type milestone, but not really needed on my opinion;

Also positive to have higher scaling rewards, a very welcome improvement;

on the less good side, you are only rewarding people for entering the game daily, no matter if its for 1 min or 2 hours. I think you should reconsider adding MR or hours played in the rewards calculations;

Finally I don't like it that you are continuing to lock content that is needed to progress on Mastery Rank behind a mandatory x days reward, imagine you can only play Warframe on the weekend, how long would you need to unlock those guns needed to progress on your MR?

On a last note I would like thank DE for this workshop and for listening to all the feedback.

Please do not add any more unique rewards past this. I shouldn't have to login for 2 years to get access to some arbitrarily exclusive content. It just feels punishing to players who are just starting out.

If someone doesnt want to play your game, they arent gonna log in for 2 years just to get a gun. If they do enjoy the game, then why are you punishing them for joining the game later by locking things away behind a ridiculous time wall? 

Well I'm personally getting thrown under the bus by these changes as I am MR 24 and only 17k from 25, but only have just over 300 logins. So basically because I binge my gaming sessions I am losing what little advantage my MR and total play time previously afforded me.

So much for the new system rewarding me for actually playing the game. I guess it's back to the mobile game mentality of having to login for 30s even if I can't actually play that day. I guess I'll have to wait for the 3.0 rework since DE rarely thinks these changes through correctly the first time.

EDIT: And it would be nice if DE let the game use either login days or MR to reward the best endo value since I'm an MR 24 player being treated like I'm MR 8 by the new system.

I love this game but the login rewards was probably one of the biggest mistakes from the perspective of an attracting new players and keeping them. All this system does is alienate the newer players. In my opinion to create a login system the right way first eliminate any rewards that are exclusive to it, add only things that are obtainable in game, rivens, potatoes, rare mods, etc. Then the notion of logging in for an amount of days would need to go, instead replaced by a weekly reward system, if a player logins in everyday for that week that player would get progressively better rewards (all of which you could get in game by playing) until the end when they could get something like a riven or a rare mod or even a potato and if players don't get all 7 days the system resets at the begining of the week giving them another chance for the rewards. In this design accomplishment for consecutive logins are rewarded without alienating any newer players who feel that they cant "catch up" with the rewards. The rewards also could change week to week making each week different and not stale. Give these current rewards to something else that players feel they can earn, Barro, alerts, mission rewards. Ultimately if I'm being truly honest login systems aren't a good idea, there is little to no investment to login click a reward and log out again, rewards should be provided to the players that work towards them which is how the rest of the game feels and in an architecture like that this system feels out of place.

Archived