Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones. The main post has been edited to reflect this change, here's the list of updated tracks for posterity:

Nice now back to how the rewards don't really scale enough to be even close to considered worth logging in for anything besides getting to the next milestone

Why 50 day intervals though?
Why not just "One reward == One month"??
I think this is the only log-in reward system I've seen in pc, mobile, and console games that does not base the milestone log-in rewards in a month (30 days).
Don't you feel like the gap between milestones are too long?

Not complaining just a legitimate question.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb rune_me:

Which is why I will never support a login system in any form. Rewards should be given for things you do in the game, not just for logging in. Like I said, a login system is just a "participation trophy". You don't even need to be persistent. I could just login and then immediately log out again. I could be MR 1 and have done nothing in the game but still have 600 days of logging in. Which is also why I don't think X number of days should be more rewarding than 1 day, or 10 days. 

Yeah, that argument. The probabilities of your example are low. So low that it can be called out as constructed. Why should someone login in a game he or she doesn't want to play? On the contrary: Those people having nearly 1000 logins now, are having above average ingame hours.

And you know that damn well.

2 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Yeah, that argument. The probabilities of your example are low. So low that it can be called out as contructed. Why should someone login in a game he or she deosn'T want to play. On the contrary:  Those people having nearly 1000 logins now, are having above average ingame hours.

And you know that damn well.

None of which means they deserve anything special. There's now 2 days til I get the Zenistar. And it certainly doesn't feel like an effort or like I had to do anything at all to get it. Maiming strike, primed mods, Khora, Vauban Prime, Ivara, these things I had to work hard for to get. But the zenistar is just being handed to me for no good reason. I would have absolutely no problem with it being given away freely to new players as well. I think it should. Or better yet, incorporated into the actual game so you had to farm it. It doesn't feel like a reward. It feels like a participation trophy and that's an empty feeling.

vor 1 Minute schrieb rune_me:

None of which means they deserve anything special. There's now 2 days til I get the Zenistar. And it certainly doesn't feel like an effort or like I had to do anything at all to get it. Maiming strike, primed mods, Khora, Vauban Prime, Ivara, these things I had to work hard for to get. But the zenistar is just being handed to me for no good reason. I would have absolutely no problem with it being given away freely to new players as well. I think it should. Or better yet, incorporated into the actual game so you had to farm it. It doesn't feel like a reward. It feels like a participation trophy and that's an empty feeling.

All things you mentioned can get buyed by plat. Nothing special at all.

Regarding logins I have a 100 % diametrical view. 1000 logins show dedication for the game.

You want weapons that show you can grind? Good, there are nearly 380 weapons in this game that can get by grinding/spending plat. No need to change 4  (in words: FOUR) weapons  with another method of aquisition. I for one, enjoy the login reward system, because it allows me to show that I value that game so much that I reserve a part of the day for it - every day. No other item in this game allows that.

3 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Regarding logins I have a 100 % diametrical view. 1000 logins show dedication for the game.

You want weapons that show you can grind? Good, there are nearly 380 weapons in this game that can get by grinding/spending plat. No need to change 4  (in words: FOUR) weapons  with another method of aquisition. I for one, enjoy the login reward system, because it allows me to show that I value that game so much that I reserve a part of the day for it - every day. No other item in this game allows that.

But show it to who? It's not like anyone else notices or cares. The only person who puts any value in how many days you logged in is you. And you already know how many days you played the game, you don't need a special trophy for that.

I can have a sense of pride in the fact that I played for 300 days. Sure, it makes me go "wow, not many games has kept my interested for that long, that's pretty amazing". But whether I get the zenistar or not, doesn't change that one bit. If I didn't get it, I would still have played the game for 300 days.

i am glad it's seeing a rework, but i really just want primed mods and functional weapons out of login rewards period.  weapon skins, armor, sigils, by all means go nuts, but even letting people pick which one they want of the bunch that exist... unless you log in every single day of every year beginning almost 3 years ago, you're never gonna get everything, maybe as a login reward, get special access for a full day to a specific "ancestry" trader that lets you buy any number of them for ducats like the void trader, or just finally introduce the tenno weapons as research, too. but the sourest point for me is that even someone like me with 4800 hours in the game, who's logged in almost every day.. i'm still over a month behind and a lot of people are going to miss out through no fault of their own due to real life obligations, technical difficulties or heck even ISP maintenance at times, that's not a disloyalty to warframe, that's life getting in the way of a system that seems good on paper but punishes players with time-walled access to mods and equipment for not logging in to the game every single day of the year, and i'm sorry but that kind of login milestone... it encourages people to play until they burn out on this game, then punishes them for getting burned out.
maybe milestones should be affected by account age, not cumulative logins. that's the problem i see. but even then new players get shunted, so no matter how you look at it as long as there's weapons and mods tied to login rewards, we have a problem.

25 minutes ago, rune_me said:

But show it to who? It's not like anyone else notices or cares. The only person who puts any value in how many days you logged in is you. And you already know how many days you played the game, you don't need a special trophy for that.

I can have a sense of pride in the fact that I played for 300 days. Sure, it makes me go "wow, not many games has kept my interested for that long, that's pretty amazing". But whether I get the zenistar or not, doesn't change that one bit. If I didn't get it, I would still have played the game for 300 days.

Aye 
You're right my guy 

Prestige and Elitism is slowly spreading to everyone during this debate 
I for one have been playing this game since 2013 and i would LOVE to see my friend use the login weapons or syandana and share it with him even if he was only here for 100 days 

vor 28 Minuten schrieb rune_me:

Clan mates, friends, randoms, even DE seems to care. People see what you take into a mission. It's a corner stone of the game. 

8 hours ago, Cyloss said:

Cant you just make a screen with "pick a reward" like when you rank up in a syndicate?

You've just reminded me about something: am just ranking-up in new syndicate (Arbiters / Cephalon) and so far, and quite to my surprise, it does not offer the freebie reward, as has happened previously. Has something changed or is it normal now? Cheers!

Since there is no talk about the material drops and the boosters, areI they unchanged or removed?

Because I personally think the material drops are kind of a punishment, they are completely useless, you can literally go in one mission and get that material 30 times, and the boosters are nice, but kinda short in my opinion.

I'm not saying they are all completely bad, but they could use a buff

Here's an idea - players can select rewards that are within their milestone? E.g. Players would login on Day 100 can select rewards that are for Day 100, Day 150 or Day 200. This way,

1. Players won't get set back too far from their milestone

2. Newer players, that logged in lesser, shouldn't deserve the rewards your veterans do. (allowing players to select Day 1000 reward on Day 100/300??) 

10 hours ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

Based off of everyone's obsession with the Zenistar it feels like it should be nerfed. That would have been one way to handle it.

Yes nerf something people enjoy to not use it anymore, that is  just pathetic, Its no where near OP, people just like playing with it and its popular among people. Just to kill its popularity you nerf it, thats just very pathetic way to handle things. 

The only login reward I REALLY care about are 50-75% off plat discounts.  Other than that I have the stance of, "Hey I get free S#&$ for just logging in that DE doesn't have to give me.  Awesome!"  However, I see there was an uproar about it so here are my two cents:

There should be no mods or weapons locked behind login rewards.  Instead login rewards should be exclusively cosmetics, resources, boosters, and things that can drop from a Star Chart mob whether that be a Gorgon Blueprint or Condition Overload.  

Move gear like the Zenistar and Azima to Invasions, dojos, Kuva Fortress... wherever.  As long as players can reliably get them.

And do a community poll the for the next Primed mod you do.  Prime Sure Footed?  Really DE?  Really?

2 hours ago, Sahansral said:

Login rewards are flawed though. Having 900+ only shows that you are available to load Warframe every day; it doesn't actually mean that you play the game. Meanwhile there are players with ~2,000 hours played that are between 3-500 logins. These are the players that are spending a lot of time playing the game; they just don't have time available every day to play.

Archived