Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

8 days away from my Zenistar login reward.
Which now could possibly be a primed mod instead.

I can only hope things stay untouched.
Life becomes semi-toned if you keep drawing short straws.

We're at your mercy DE
Love :heart:

This is not what was promised and punishes vet players that didnt bother to log in every single day.

Im at 430ish logins and only desire the Zenith, Sigma & Octantis and the cosmetic armor and syandana. in the new system these will now take me LONGER to get as you have lumped them all in together.

If you recall half a year or so ago when this was bought up, the community gave very positive feedback on the "pick an item, log in for 50 days to get it" idea, now if you dont want new players getting some stuff 50 days in then MR lock some of the weapons, thats understandable but why now throw in this new "improved" system that is nothing like what was discussed.

This is barely a better system and not what was discussed at all, the feeling in my clan this morning is that this hurts us as vet players that didnt always log in while not actively playing the game. essentially it doesnt overcome the original issue which is content locked behind years of logins, if it doesnt solve the issue then why bother?

Sorry if this sounds All angsty but I have been waiting for this change all year and am so disapointed in what you are doing.

As someone who is approaching 950 logins, can we get some info on what types of rewards we will see after 1000 days? 

And will the 1000+ day rewards be planned for ahead.

Currently, everyone except those players at the far end of the login rewards (900+) will have a choice of reward, but those those at the end of the login system will have to have what we are given. Any chance we could have a choice of reward at each milestone too?

I still do not understand the logic of rewarding putting in a password and then logging out of the game versus rewarding actively playing. This is such a poorly designed concept and I can't understand the point of it other than inflating daily numbers. Reward people for doing missions, ranking weapons, increasing their MR in a valid way as well. 

I was very hopeful about the changes when you announced them on the stream, but what's coming now just feels like more of the same. The improvement is moderate. Time to rewards needs to be greatly reduced and a better way to incentivize actually playing the game over time rather than logging in and out just to tick the counter each day needs to be the priority. 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

Can we keep a total days logged in system as well? There are players which are proud to say that they have logged in over 1000 times and would like to show that off as well.

Why not add a cosmetic every 250 days total logged in that is given in order not a choice from all of these. This way people will be able to show off their dedication without someone being at a disatvantage.

So it seems to me with the new system, I have a little bit of choice left being around 430 days, but compared to the old system its 100 days longer now due to the syandana and armor set being added into the weapon category.

Under the old system I would of got Zenith at 500, Sigma at 700, the Syandana at 800 and the armor set at 1000

In the new system if I follow the same path I would get Zenith at 500, Sigma at 700, the Syandana at 900 then the armor at 1100

Like many other players I am only missing the 2 weapons in terms of Mastery so I would of course take those first so this is adding 100 days to the current system. Intended?

1 minute ago, Nalfy said:

In the new system if I follow the same path I would get Zenith at 500, Sigma at 700, the Syandana at 900 then the armor at 1100

Like many other players I am only missing the 2 weapons in terms of Mastery so I would of course take those first so this is adding 100 days to the current system. Intended?

Yeah this is a mistake imo if it goes forward.

the 100/300/500/... ect track should be reserved for MR increasing items. They should make a 4th track maybe 350/700/1050 for super spicy cosmetics like armor sets ect.

Going forward, I think it's imperative that no new gameplay components are ever added to the tribute system. No more primed mods, no more weapons. Keep it purely cosmetic from here on out, because this became quite a mess, with no easy solution.

I Guess since my post gets deleted...i have to make another. So this doesnt benefit new players or veterans because it destroys new players progress if they are around 200+ days or at 270+ days and so on. And for veterans it destroys any prestige they might gain from dedicated log ins. This system in the long run will also destroy any veterans progress as it changes how weapons among other things are handed out.

Instead of the odd and even login day rewards why not lump those together and keep the syandana and armor set where they are at 800 and 1000 so they keep the prestige.

There are 4 weapons and 4 primed mods so it fits perfectly, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 900 you get to pick one of the 8, but maybe add a little MR lock on some of the weapons, or dont.You could even make the first 4 hundred day milestones offer the 4 items you would of got from logging in for 400 days (azima, zenistar, primed fury & primed vigor) then the rest for the next 4 to gate it a little and again keep some prestige for those items.

This way nobody gets screwed out of anything, it doesnt increase the grind to 1100 days and the cosmetics keep the prestige of actually having to login so much (also keep future rewards purely cosmetic).

Much love

Glad the trading aspect has been removed, hope it never comes back. Veterancy rewards being tradeable is just the worst idea. I have no idea how that even made it onto the table (actually, seeing the amount of whales buying their way to MR25 I can see why it made it onto the table, and that's maybe even more worrying)

As it is now I don't really see why bothering changing it anyway. It scales slightly more, but I don't think anyone at MR25 is strapped for any resources (except possibly credits, I know I often burn through all of those at least).

That said I still maintain my original stance (from when the current daily system was implemented) that creating this psychological pressure to login or miss out is just bad and the entire system ought to just be axed.

hace 14 horas, Xavier dijo:

In this workshop, they have delineated a system where we would be getting rewards that were multiple times better than new players for the non-milestone rewards. DE clearly has laid forth a framework where players that have been around a while experience residuals for logging in everyday and supporting Warframe and its community. Don't you think it's more productive to ask for those numbers to be tweaked in our favor than it is to belittle DE for daring to iterate to make the new player experience better?

It's not about them finally getting around to change it, it's why they are really changing it, in this case just for the sake of the new players which is always the case. Every new system they add must have a low level as well ...why? This game desperately needs/needed depending how you want to look at it, an end game yet to every system they add, they put a new player version also... like oh you grew out of normal version you wanna go elite now? cool another registered loser we can neglect now...

Why neglect? coz once a player can manage the "hard" content (which judging from the stats it's grab loki go perna invisible ...wait til they find out octavia is even more broken...) they can do anything in the game.... Off to the new batch of freshly registered losers...

A better system overall, I like it.

But it does not solve what I feel is the biggest frustration for a player like me (and I am sure there are more like me)

I am a founder, played since beta.

MR24

I have 1733 hours clocked in the Stream client alone

I still do not have a crucial mod like Primed Vigor unlocked.

I'm glad you've decided to remove the plan of making the daily items tradeable. Also the way the days work seems quite reasonable. I'd really like to see a test foorage or somethig just to be sure how exactly we would go about choosin the rewards itself.

I have to admit that I have very mixed feelings about that.

Obviously it's sort of nice that you can choose a specific reward on the different milestones. But on the other hand it also means that my past milestone were "wasted" in comparison to newer players.

Just one example: On day 100 I got the Azima. On day 100 a new player could get the Zenistar now.

Depending on where exactly in the 100/200 cycle you are right now, a new player could get certain (useful) items even before veteran players - who got (useless) gear on the same milestones in the past.

To be honest: Right now this feels more like a slap in the face. 

I like the idea of reworking the login system, but I feel the propsed changes to not address the main problems with the current system. Locking weapons and mods behind a timer has always been the problem, regardless of choice. All of the weapons could be desirable, so allowing the player to choose which doesnt help as they still need to wait 700 days to get all the weapons. 

The only way I think the proposed changes could work is if many more rewards are added, say up to around 1500, to give a choice in reward for those veterans with 900+ logins. However, this still doesn’t fix the timer and only pacifies the veterans, not the average player. 

I understand the login weapons and mods are not crucial to anyone’s success in the game, but recently you have made previously locked rewards like the Supra Vandal, Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal available to all players. If the goal is to have equal accessibility for veterans and newbies alike, weapons and mods have to be removed altogether from the daily tribute.

I just feel like there’s a better way to reward those who are loyal to warframe. I believe cosmetic rewards, such as the lodestar syandana and armor set, are the way to go for the login rewards. Instead of choosing a weapon or mod you may or may not like, you can choose a cosmetic that you immediately like the look of. 

I appreciate all you do for the game and I hope our feedback leads to a better experience for all of us.

Currently, I'm about 890-some-days into the current login system.

And personally? I hate the system of locking weaponry behind days logged in, because it's just participatory incentive. A carrot dangling on a stick to keep people just at the minimal engaged with the game when there can be so much better ways to go about it. As much as want as it feels like a refreshing take on the login system... the changes are not all that friendly to casual players, or just those that take casual part in actually playing the game. It still locks weaponry behind days of logging-in, logging-off, making it a daily chore instead of an actual incentive.

Its just easier to adapt a slight shift than to rework the system as a whole I guess... but I feel it'd be SO MUCH BETTER if it wasn't based around arbitrary daily logins and instead was based around time commitment. Spend a certain amount of time in-mission or something, so encourages people to actively engage with PLAYING instead of just clicking two buttons - log in, and exit game.

As one of these "relatively new" players, I didn't even know there was a rework being planned (I'm at about the 100 day login mark). I'm fairly hard core; profile says 819 hours played while Steam says about 1200 (yes, I probably need help!)

Having seen the proposed changes, I'm not sure they do anything for me, and to be honest I'm surprised and disappointed that a "rework" could shuffle so much and accomplish so little.

As others have pointed out, having functional, unique rewards locked for up to something like 3 years is just absolutely bonkers for people at my end of the play spectrum - i.e high on hours and low on login days. It ironically offers relatively greater benefit to people at the other end of that spectrum; people low on hours and high on login days. Yet I would be fairly confident that in the eyes of most, the former is very much a loyal player as well.

By all means reward super long term players with non-functional exclusives like cosmetics. Or greater quantities of functional non-exclusives like resources. But I shouldn't have to wait 3 years to access unique items which add/influence gameplay. As I've seen mentioned (including on a good post on Reddit), maybe limit these to 1 year - which is still a long time and if I keep at my current rate will mean about 3000 hours playing before I get them...

Also - the quantities talked about for things like Endo are still a massive non-event for players with a similar profile to me (high time, low login count). If I got 300 Endo from a 2min Vodyanoi run I would be disappointed, and I have to wait three years for the chance of that happening at daily login?

For someone playing as much as me one Rare Resource is... well. You'd have to hit maybe 10 before I even think, "oh, that's a nice bonus" (and hardly a game breaking one at that). And maybe 1000 Endo is where that mark would be for me. The flip side is those figures are disproportionately big to the low hours/high login players (although given the current and projected figures, nowhere near game-breakingly big either).

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against rewarding super long term players. If the day 1000 login reward was something like a legendary core or 100k Endo or something daft, no problem at all on my end.

I love this game, I've supported this game financially, and I want to still be playing this game in 1000 days time.

For the reason that it's a great game and continues developing, as opposed to ZOMG I can finally build that weapon/use that mod?!?!

I am confused by this... With the current system I'm 49 days away from the armor set. Seeing how you classify it in the weapons category which come every 200 days in intervals of 300,500,700,900,1100 this is where I'm confused.... so do I have to wait 49 days to get my armor or 149 days? if it's the latter I sure hope this change takes at least 50 days to implement so I can get my armor.

Archived