Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

44 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

I am confused by this... With the current system I'm 49 days away from the armor set. Seeing how you classify it in the weapons category which come every 200 days in intervals of 300,500,700,900,1100 this is where I'm confused.... so do I have to wait 49 days to get my armor or 149 days? if it's the latter I sure hope this change takes at least 50 days to implement so I can get my armor.

Exactly the problem everyone gets their progress destroyed.

This is pure poison and a slap in the face to the true dedicated fanbase just to cater to newer players who will play for a few weeks realize its not GTA V and never play again. Great way to scare away new players and alienate your veteran players. This is basically a way to screw everyone over especially those of us who have to make time to log in. So all this time spent logging in was all for nothing? Really nice....

I couldn't even tell you what I was rewarded with at my last login or what my last milestone reward was.  Thank you DE for the free gift every time I login to your free game.  Should you make changes to this system, I won't notice or care.  It in no way invalidates the amount of fun I've had in the game.

17 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey there -- if you read the edits made to the main post at 2:31pm EST today, you'd see that we're swapping the Weapon and Mod tracks to better reflect the current milestones. :) 

That means Weapons will be 100/300/500, etc!

So random suggestion seeing as some people got mad at the change in general.

Seeing as most (I think) people don't mind cosmetic rewards being locked behind the timegate, and a certain person wanting prestige items. 

Would it be possible to set the cosmetic items (talking about the syandana and armor) to only be available to be picked after reaching the current milestone requirement?

Some possible better options for the daily rewards:

• move milestones to every 25 days and keep the same order - almost 3 years of gear available in half the time
  • remove the 50 day milestone and replace it by pushing all the mastery rank gear earlier. Once all mastery rank gear or mods are acquired have the current 50 day milestones be distributed.
  • add an option to buy the login rewards in the market with plat so the wait can be bypassed

The common theme everyone seems to hate is the timewall to getting the things they want from logins. The amounts of endo/neurodes/oxium etc from logging in is so negligible I don't know why it is even being changed in the first place. The only reason aside from the milestones to login everyday is for the chance at a platinum discount (opinion of a mastery rank 25 player). Something else that would be cool is just to be able to pick from the entire pool of rewards every 50 days, instead of one of the three separate categories every 50-100 days.

So, instead of waiting 200 days for my Sigma and Octantis, I'm waiting 200 days for my Sigma and Octantis, and still remain 500 days behind the current set of login rewards. What was this meant to solve? Cause this doesn't solve the biggest issue of the login system, which is that it takes far far too long to get everything and has no form of catch up what so ever for players who started playing after it was added, or were unable to log in every single day since it was added.

So i might not get my riven pack in 17 days? there is nothing else i want on the 50,150.250 day's I want I have more than enough forma, reactors.

so on my 900 day reward I wont get my prime mod and on 1000 i might still not get it since RNG might against me? Can we at least have an system were you 1st get ones you dont own and if you have all of them you get an random one and an display of the amount you own might also be helpful encase you forgot you have it..

2 hours ago, Lyker said:

A better system overall, I like it.

But it does not solve what I feel is the biggest frustration for a player like me (and I am sure there are more like me)

I am a founder, played since beta.

MR24

I have 1733 hours clocked in the Stream client alone

I still do not have a crucial mod like Primed Vigor unlocked.

I don't understand this either as my stats are almost identical to yours except I'm on PS4. The endo changes mean I go from 80 to 120 endo but I'm being treated like an MR 8 player, not one who has been around since the start. It's like they are punishing players that have thousands of hours played, a high MR, but can't login every day. Like all things Warframe, I guess we have to wait for the 3.0 version for it to be well designed.

"After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones." The only important items, the primed mods, got scheduled further behind? Must have been some begruding bastards, typical for the forum.

At least people can pick the good stuff first now.

About the endo:
Have a steeper curve with the planned average maximum of 300 endo reached at 500 days.

As veteran I don't care about an endo reward at all. I can generate an average of about 650 endo in 3-minute Arena runs (including travel time). Let the newcomers enjoy the stuff, they've got much to catch up on.

Other than that, the new system is an improvement and that's a good thing.

8 hours ago, ZirkonX said:

Yes nerf something people enjoy to not use it anymore, that is  just pathetic, Its no where near OP, people just like playing with it and its popular among people. Just to kill its popularity you nerf it, thats just very pathetic way to handle things. 

Clearly, my attempt at humor and satire failed miserably.

DE, I love you peeps. As a founder closing on 1000 days, 2.5k+ hours in game, MR 25, I'm going to be (hopefully constructively) critical:

This does not feel like it's in tune with scaling. With the release of exalted weapons, more mods, upcoming changes to melee and melee mods (thus the meta) and other this like umbra mods, there are a few obvious things all players, from new to veteran, desire:

• Forma & potatoes: I have hundreds of potato blueprints, mostly due to events and dev streams, but forma I actually use in the dozens. A three pack sounds nice, that's about one/half of an item (weapon/warframe/pet/etc) I actually want to use. One forma maybe once a month would be an incredible increase for daily tribute and still doesn't sound excessive, it encourages people to play more and try stuff. Forma usage scales with time in game, like endo.
  • Endo: yes there are very few people that don't need it, but only because they farm(ed) it so well. 300 Endo is frankly mindbogglingly out of touch.. unless you want us to feel about it the same way most of us feel about the 10k credits login (or ~35k scaled). If the daily tribute is can be translated to consistent hours of game play required to get this tribute by playing, this amount of endo is like 2 minutes while a potato is like an hour (including trade time, might be too lenient) and credits is like seconds for the people that have this scaling up (500-1000 days etc), it just does not make sense. Combine that with how much more endo you use to get from rank max-1 / 2 to max rank on a mod and it just doesn't fit. Farming endo is already a bit of a grind, so that doesn't feel like it's too much, it would be nice if the daily tribute is more in line with play time.
  • Boosters: boosters feel good for veterans too. Some more so than others (for veterans), but if you are playing, you receive and spend resources. The only thing I would like to add here is that a veteran can use any booster far more optimally while a new player will struggle to get nearly as much value out of a 3 hour booster. I would prefer 1-3 day boosters, it gives newer players a real sense of value and might entice more players to actually buy them (which is a valid DE incentive, I'm one of these players).
  • Platinum discount: tricky one, 75% is the only one that (efficiently) matters, I actively advise players to wait for it because the value is just so much higher than any other discount. DE will/should have more metrics on this, but personally I feel most people who have used a lower discount feels cheated once they finally get the 75% one and I expect a far greater platinum purchase increase when 75% is received over any other. Just feels bad. As someone who has bought platinum many times before, it was always when I got 75% discount and all other discounts feel like the slot machine swallowed my quarter.
  • Unique stuff: whether they are prime mods, weapons or cosmetics, I always at least have the 'neato' reaction. If I am correct in my assumption of why these were split up, I'm disappointed: I assume these were split up in different and non overlapping intervals to limit the amount of choices you have every milestone. I would much prefer a large choice of rewards every milestone (still pick one, still have some things, if DE really feels the need to, only after certain milestones), so that newer players can sort of catch up at certain paths (let's say 2 weapons and 2 prime mods that you actually want after 250 days (milestones 50, 100, 150, 200)), but if you still want everything you're going to the 1000 days regardless (again, if you must).

All the other stuff in daily tribute is cute for vets and for very new players just useful. 

Not tradable sounds like a good way to prevent subjectively legitimate backlash.

Personally I prefer a daily tribute token system, with a daily tribute token store. The only way to get a daillar, dailire, flibute, dailivar; <token> is to login (it would be fitting to let app login count and it's more feasible with tokens since you don't need a whole interface with rewards), one per day, added to whatever regular daily tribute you get (resources, boosters, discounts, forma/potatoes). In the <token> store you can buy milestone items (unique cosmetics, weapons, mods) for 50 <token>s. Maybe you can also buy boosters or even discounts for <whatever DE decides is fair> number of <token>s. Add it as a tab to Darvo's shop, bob's your uncle. If you want certain milestone items to only be available after X number of tokens overall registered (all-time <token> counter like we have with credits in the stats on our profiles) that's up to DE I guess. It just feels cleaner and really would the same as my earlier suggestion that all milestone items are options at a milestone, no split between cosmetics/weapons/mods etc. I prefer a token + store because it does not force players to decide right away, while they might want to catch the last minute of that alert. And we have Darvo.

I'm just not sure what this system will solve, what is the problem that this is the solution to. The way it looks is that all problems from the current system are really all still there, but scaling is better. Also, I'm not sure whether the plan is to only have 3 choices at a milestone, or all the choices from the split up reward set, the former would make the improvement weaker too.

Trying to understand what's going on here. It was just 3 or 4 days ago I hit my 100 day milestone. I did receive my Azima pistol, but had the Primed Mods been set to 100 days back then, and only in the last 24 hours set to 200 hours? I'm trying to get the timing of exactly when the rewards timetable was revised; is my not getting a Primed Mod based on my timing that I would have or should have received it 3 days ago? Or that I just missed the boat on getting it at 100 days and have been set back an additional 100 days?

Looking forward to it , and i hope them Youtubers and some of the partners stop nagging about it and misleading there subscribers . Its called progress with a system that holds back unique items in the game behind logging tribute that doesn't mean u play the game at all so any update to this system is welcomed . Let ur ego aside for once folks will ya .. Thx again DE

At this point I'd rather just get 1 token a day in addition to the small daily reward. Create a shop on the relay and give players both milestone unlocks (you get something special for free for playing 6 months, 1 years, etc) and things to trade in their tokens for (no restrictions, just the item's token cost).

DE could further incentivize players for actually playing the game. You could get an extra token or two for completing weekly quests from this vendor (you know, actually rewarding players for playing the game, not just logging in).

How about having sets of three weapons being available first, i.e. azima, zenistar, zenith being available for the first three rotations of weapon reward. So you pick between the three at first, then the remaining two then get the last one at the third time round. Then you see the next three weapons in the next rotation. It'd make the issue of time invested vs weapon received more appreciable and still allow newer players some flexibility in their rewards and earlier access to some weapons than they might have seen with the current system.

The same could easily apply with the mods, with Fury etc being available at first and eventually whittling down to the last available reward at that rotation.

In addition, for those players who need to reacquire a weapon perhaps have tiers of login rewards only available after completing the previous one or playing so many days. For example with my system as described above. I complete the first three rotations of weapons and mods. Then I find I want to reacquire Azima (for example) or get a second primed fury. I could then opt into a 50/100 day login series that would give me said reward again after it has been done. It'd make it relatively easy to reacquire things that have been lost with a relatively small penalty that is appropriate to it. Then after I have finished the 50/100 days I would return to my previous login position. Think of it as going back to run a level (which is now much easier) in a more old school game with chapters or levels in it.

So you removed the exclusivity without making it any faster? Congrats on finding a solution that makes nobody happy. Logging in daily for 2 years to get a weird gun in this game about shooting weird guns is a garbage idea and you've done nothing to address it. I'd prefer how it currently is tbh and I'm at like 400 days

21 hours ago, kaelvamp said:

yes its a hard time, you dont know the reallity of those people that put the time and effort to log in every day, people that got a real life and yet managed to log in every day, forgive me for that sir.

when i say and repeat, they'll get to choose the best stuff that WAS LOCKED for us, we needed to wait that long to get the "cool stuff"... and THAT is not cool by ME.
They'll simply get the zenistar at 200, sigma at 400 and the armor at 600, that are the best drops, most people needed to wait at least 700 (sigma) days to get and not even putting into account the 1000 days armor.... that they still will get to choose at 600... its 400 DAYS before.
that is not fair for those that waited.

i dont mean that i dont want to players having it eary, it is just to point out that is not fair for those that waited.

Ah I see, so more your pissed that DE doesn't seem willing to lets long time players go back and re-choose those points and get the stuff they actually wanted.

Yeah I'm pissed about that too.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)GameHood82 said:

Looking forward to it , and i hope them Youtubers and some of the partners stop nagging about it and misleading there subscribers . Its called progress with a system that holds back unique items in the game behind logging tribute that doesn't mean u play the game at all so any update to this system is welcomed . Let ur ego aside for once folks will ya .. Thx again DE

You dont even understand the system and if you have no criticism of something that means you dont have an opinion at all. Nothing is perfect.

Archived