[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

hace 14 horas, Xavier dijo:

In this workshop, they have delineated a system where we would be getting rewards that were multiple times better than new players for the non-milestone rewards. DE clearly has laid forth a framework where players that have been around a while experience residuals for logging in everyday and supporting Warframe and its community. Don't you think it's more productive to ask for those numbers to be tweaked in our favor than it is to belittle DE for daring to iterate to make the new player experience better?

It's not about them finally getting around to change it, it's why they are really changing it, in this case just for the sake of the new players which is always the case. Every new system they add must have a low level as well ...why? This game desperately needs/needed depending how you want to look at it, an end game yet to every system they add, they put a new player version also... like oh you grew out of normal version you wanna go elite now? cool another registered loser we can neglect now...

Why neglect? coz once a player can manage the "hard" content (which judging from the stats it's grab loki go perna invisible ...wait til they find out octavia is even more broken...) they can do anything in the game.... Off to the new batch of freshly registered losers...

Edited by kaotis

A better system overall, I like it.

But it does not solve what I feel is the biggest frustration for a player like me (and I am sure there are more like me)

I am a founder, played since beta.

MR24

I have 1733 hours clocked in the Stream client alone

I still do not have a crucial mod like Primed Vigor unlocked.

Edited by Lyker
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

I'm glad you've decided to remove the plan of making the daily items tradeable. Also the way the days work seems quite reasonable. I'd really like to see a test foorage or somethig just to be sure how exactly we would go about choosin the rewards itself.

I have to admit that I have very mixed feelings about that.

Obviously it's sort of nice that you can choose a specific reward on the different milestones. But on the other hand it also means that my past milestone were "wasted" in comparison to newer players.

Just one example: On day 100 I got the Azima. On day 100 a new player could get the Zenistar now.

Depending on where exactly in the 100/200 cycle you are right now, a new player could get certain (useful) items even before veteran players - who got (useless) gear on the same milestones in the past.

To be honest: Right now this feels more like a slap in the face. 

• Like 3

I like the idea of reworking the login system, but I feel the propsed changes to not address the main problems with the current system. Locking weapons and mods behind a timer has always been the problem, regardless of choice. All of the weapons could be desirable, so allowing the player to choose which doesnt help as they still need to wait 700 days to get all the weapons. 

The only way I think the proposed changes could work is if many more rewards are added, say up to around 1500, to give a choice in reward for those veterans with 900+ logins. However, this still doesn’t fix the timer and only pacifies the veterans, not the average player. 

I understand the login weapons and mods are not crucial to anyone’s success in the game, but recently you have made previously locked rewards like the Supra Vandal, Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal available to all players. If the goal is to have equal accessibility for veterans and newbies alike, weapons and mods have to be removed altogether from the daily tribute.

I just feel like there’s a better way to reward those who are loyal to warframe. I believe cosmetic rewards, such as the lodestar syandana and armor set, are the way to go for the login rewards. Instead of choosing a weapon or mod you may or may not like, you can choose a cosmetic that you immediately like the look of. 

I appreciate all you do for the game and I hope our feedback leads to a better experience for all of us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Currently, I'm about 890-some-days into the current login system.

And personally? I hate the system of locking weaponry behind days logged in, because it's just participatory incentive. A carrot dangling on a stick to keep people just at the minimal engaged with the game when there can be so much better ways to go about it. As much as want as it feels like a refreshing take on the login system... the changes are not all that friendly to casual players, or just those that take casual part in actually playing the game. It still locks weaponry behind days of logging-in, logging-off, making it a daily chore instead of an actual incentive.

Its just easier to adapt a slight shift than to rework the system as a whole I guess... but I feel it'd be SO MUCH BETTER if it wasn't based around arbitrary daily logins and instead was based around time commitment. Spend a certain amount of time in-mission or something, so encourages people to actively engage with PLAYING instead of just clicking two buttons - log in, and exit game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As one of these "relatively new" players, I didn't even know there was a rework being planned (I'm at about the 100 day login mark). I'm fairly hard core; profile says 819 hours played while Steam says about 1200 (yes, I probably need help!)

Having seen the proposed changes, I'm not sure they do anything for me, and to be honest I'm surprised and disappointed that a "rework" could shuffle so much and accomplish so little.

As others have pointed out, having functional, unique rewards locked for up to something like 3 years is just absolutely bonkers for people at my end of the play spectrum - i.e high on hours and low on login days. It ironically offers relatively greater benefit to people at the other end of that spectrum; people low on hours and high on login days. Yet I would be fairly confident that in the eyes of most, the former is very much a loyal player as well.

By all means reward super long term players with non-functional exclusives like cosmetics. Or greater quantities of functional non-exclusives like resources. But I shouldn't have to wait 3 years to access unique items which add/influence gameplay. As I've seen mentioned (including on a good post on Reddit), maybe limit these to 1 year - which is still a long time and if I keep at my current rate will mean about 3000 hours playing before I get them...

Also - the quantities talked about for things like Endo are still a massive non-event for players with a similar profile to me (high time, low login count). If I got 300 Endo from a 2min Vodyanoi run I would be disappointed, and I have to wait three years for the chance of that happening at daily login?

For someone playing as much as me one Rare Resource is... well. You'd have to hit maybe 10 before I even think, "oh, that's a nice bonus" (and hardly a game breaking one at that). And maybe 1000 Endo is where that mark would be for me. The flip side is those figures are disproportionately big to the low hours/high login players (although given the current and projected figures, nowhere near game-breakingly big either).

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against rewarding super long term players. If the day 1000 login reward was something like a legendary core or 100k Endo or something daft, no problem at all on my end.

I love this game, I've supported this game financially, and I want to still be playing this game in 1000 days time.

For the reason that it's a great game and continues developing, as opposed to ZOMG I can finally build that weapon/use that mod?!?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I am confused by this... With the current system I'm 49 days away from the armor set. Seeing how you classify it in the weapons category which come every 200 days in intervals of 300,500,700,900,1100 this is where I'm confused.... so do I have to wait 49 days to get my armor or 149 days? if it's the latter I sure hope this change takes at least 50 days to implement so I can get my armor.

44 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

I am confused by this... With the current system I'm 49 days away from the armor set. Seeing how you classify it in the weapons category which come every 200 days in intervals of 300,500,700,900,1100 this is where I'm confused.... so do I have to wait 49 days to get my armor or 149 days? if it's the latter I sure hope this change takes at least 50 days to implement so I can get my armor.

Exactly the problem everyone gets their progress destroyed.

This is pure poison and a slap in the face to the true dedicated fanbase just to cater to newer players who will play for a few weeks realize its not GTA V and never play again. Great way to scare away new players and alienate your veteran players. This is basically a way to screw everyone over especially those of us who have to make time to log in. So all this time spent logging in was all for nothing? Really nice....

Edited by (PS4)ThatZombieMerc
Misspelled a word
  • Satisfied 1

I couldn't even tell you what I was rewarded with at my last login or what my last milestone reward was.  Thank you DE for the free gift every time I login to your free game.  Should you make changes to this system, I won't notice or care.  It in no way invalidates the amount of fun I've had in the game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hey there -- if you read the edits made to the main post at 2:31pm EST today, you'd see that we're swapping the Weapon and Mod tracks to better reflect the current milestones. :) 

That means Weapons will be 100/300/500, etc!

So random suggestion seeing as some people got mad at the change in general.

Seeing as most (I think) people don't mind cosmetic rewards being locked behind the timegate, and a certain person wanting prestige items. 

Would it be possible to set the cosmetic items (talking about the syandana and armor) to only be available to be picked after reaching the current milestone requirement?

• Upvote 1

Some possible better options for the daily rewards:

• move milestones to every 25 days and keep the same order - almost 3 years of gear available in half the time
  • remove the 50 day milestone and replace it by pushing all the mastery rank gear earlier. Once all mastery rank gear or mods are acquired have the current 50 day milestones be distributed.
  • add an option to buy the login rewards in the market with plat so the wait can be bypassed

The common theme everyone seems to hate is the timewall to getting the things they want from logins. The amounts of endo/neurodes/oxium etc from logging in is so negligible I don't know why it is even being changed in the first place. The only reason aside from the milestones to login everyday is for the chance at a platinum discount (opinion of a mastery rank 25 player). Something else that would be cool is just to be able to pick from the entire pool of rewards every 50 days, instead of one of the three separate categories every 50-100 days.

• Applause 1

So, instead of waiting 200 days for my Sigma and Octantis, I'm waiting 200 days for my Sigma and Octantis, and still remain 500 days behind the current set of login rewards. What was this meant to solve? Cause this doesn't solve the biggest issue of the login system, which is that it takes far far too long to get everything and has no form of catch up what so ever for players who started playing after it was added, or were unable to log in every single day since it was added.

• Upvote 1

So, with this endo system, will we be punished/reset for not logging in for a day? Over 900 days myself and it'd be a shame since sometimes I've forgotten a day every couple of weeks or months.

So i might not get my riven pack in 17 days? there is nothing else i want on the 50,150.250 day's I want I have more than enough forma, reactors.

so on my 900 day reward I wont get my prime mod and on 1000 i might still not get it since RNG might against me? Can we at least have an system were you 1st get ones you dont own and if you have all of them you get an random one and an display of the amount you own might also be helpful encase you forgot you have it..

2 hours ago, Lyker said:

A better system overall, I like it.

But it does not solve what I feel is the biggest frustration for a player like me (and I am sure there are more like me)

I am a founder, played since beta.

MR24

I have 1733 hours clocked in the Stream client alone

I still do not have a crucial mod like Primed Vigor unlocked.

I don't understand this either as my stats are almost identical to yours except I'm on PS4. The endo changes mean I go from 80 to 120 endo but I'm being treated like an MR 8 player, not one who has been around since the start. It's like they are punishing players that have thousands of hours played, a high MR, but can't login every day. Like all things Warframe, I guess we have to wait for the 3.0 version for it to be well designed.

I'm happy with these changes.
Looking forward to the update

Edited by MMDaemon

"After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones." The only important items, the primed mods, got scheduled further behind? Must have been some begruding bastards, typical for the forum.

At least people can pick the good stuff first now.

About the endo:
Have a steeper curve with the planned average maximum of 300 endo reached at 500 days.

As veteran I don't care about an endo reward at all. I can generate an average of about 650 endo in 3-minute Arena runs (including travel time). Let the newcomers enjoy the stuff, they've got much to catch up on.

Other than that, the new system is an improvement and that's a good thing.

• Like 1

Tbh this doesnt change the fact that you need to log in for 2 years to get every weapon in the game at all! These weapons and mods shouldnt be tied to a log-in system anyway. The Loadstar stuff on the other hand is fantastic keep that up and put more cosmetic stuff in there.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ZirkonX said:

Yes nerf something people enjoy to not use it anymore, that is  just pathetic, Its no where near OP, people just like playing with it and its popular among people. Just to kill its popularity you nerf it, thats just very pathetic way to handle things. 

Clearly, my attempt at humor and satire failed miserably.

how about making mods and weapons from here mastery rewards instead? that way its farmable, it can get you profit, there is not much of a time gate and there is no need to make a new primed mod or weapon every 100 days