Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

i know you guys are very busy trying to balance this but as a console tenno at around login day 880  i have a few questions.  first is if this system is on console before i get to day 1000 which is likely, what do i get to pick for day 1000 since i already have all the mods from the system? second can i get the lodestar armor past day 1000? cause 1100 is the first time i might be able to get it if it is still available after day 1000. i do not mind if i have to wait another hundred days for it i just want to make sure it is possible to get instead of not being able to get it ever.

Most simple solution......Take the weapons from login rewards and add them to the market.  If people want them, they can buy them or they can wait.  Isn't that what F2P is all about anyway?  Maybe make the mods available from Baro?

Also, don't add any more.  Keep new login rewards as cosmetics, boosters, discounts, etc........

The simplest solution is to just let players pick whatever they want every 50th login. DE can keep adding items to the pool but at least players would never be more than 50 logins from obtaining it. For special milestones certain items get added to the pool but players can always choose not to pick them or to pick them later. This would keep certain items and cosmetics as exclusive rewards but would still allow players to pick whichever reward they want. Did I miss something or is this not the simplest and best solution for everyone?

Hmmmm imma keep this short and simple so its easy to read

I agree with the reward scaling, that was a good move.

to the issues with the milestone rewards.

instead of locking prime mods and weapons in the login milestone reward, why dont you guys just reward it at certain MR? In example: warframe player can unlock the zenistar at MR X and then unlock the primed shred at MR X so on and so on. So people can instead work for the rewards they want instead of waiting and logging in for soo long to get these items. And keeping the sigils, caches, and cosmetics in the login reward systems so players who login on consistently have an edge in terms of cosmetics than those who login every once in a while only.

re post or like whatever idk the forum system if u think its a good idea XD

~hope it helps~

So... for those of us who JUST hit a specific milestone, what do we get? 

Example: I just hit 400. I got primed vigor. Under the new system, I would have been allowed to grab primed shred, which I want a lot more. How will DE address this?

Why not have it be the 50 day system people expected? At 50 days you get three choices: weapon, mod, cosmetics.

And have each one on a linear progression path. This way it still locks out latest weapons/mods unless you have the previous ones, and keeps them in that 'statis tier' people seem to like.

ie. Someone with latest armor would prove they've logged in enough days to get all other cosmetics, but whether they spend a year getting other stuff or 200 days going for cosmetics wouldn't matter, as it's up to the user to decide what path they'd prefer.

Let us get the crappy 'resource bundles' per 25 days, this way each month you get a 'congrats! Halfway there!' milestone.

Just my 2 cents. At 600 days now, over 1200 hours in game, mr25.

Let new players have choice, it's that freedom I absolutely loved about this game at the start.

On 2018-08-21 at 10:58 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Milestones:

For Daily Tribute milestone rewards, we’ve divided them into three separate categories that will appear at the intervals listed below:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

Includes packs like Sigil, Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 200, 400, 600, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc. 100, 300, 500, etc.

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

Make it a coin system.

Everyday a player logs in they get a coin in addition to their daily tribute(1a).
These coins can than be redeemed for items that are in the land mark rewards list.
The amount of coins required for each item will be separated into tiers like so.

1. Sigils and Resources 50 coins
2. Primed Mods 100 coins
3. Weapons and Equipment 200 coins

Naturally once the coins are spent the player starts back from zero but are allowed to immediate start earning coins for their next item of choice.
i.e. Prime mod > Prime mod 200 coins 
                        or
      Prime Mod > Weapon 300 coins

The strengths of this system are simple. This will allows the player to focus on the items they want guaranteeing each day they log in will feel more rewarding over time while damping the effects of missing a single log in day. this also makes getting land mark rewards seem more realistic to all players. While no longer making new items feel completely irrelevant to the casual player.

Additional notes.

1a. If this new log in system is implemented the number of days a player has already logged in already should converted into coins.

Just gonna drop this thought: if a vast majority of players believe that this new system will somehow make it that you would have to wait longer for the item that you are about to unlock, introduce a one use system where when someone logs in for the first time after the changes deploy they can pick any one milestone reward to attain. That way, if you were, for example, close to unlocking the Zenistar and the new system increased your wait time, you'd be given the opportunity to pick it (along with anything else) on the first login you make after the changes, eliminating any unnecessary wait time. Most of the arguments I see are just based on having to wait an extra 100 days for such and such item after the new system goes live. I know you recently tweaked the milestones a bit to reflect that criticism, but I'd say this would be a good option if people are still wary. It'd be like the times you gave out free forma when a weapon or warframe got drastically changed so we could switch our polarities.

20 hours ago, gewimat said:

Hope they don´t make the Weapons and Mods tradable, but is there any Plan to really reward People that already have like 900 Days or more( 3 Riven and Forma doesn´t look like a good reward for playing over 2 Years)?

Like give a special Cosmetic Item or anything exclusive to those that reach 1000 Days to show how long they have been supporting this great game 😉

1. They did update the original post, and they originally stated that trading would not be a thing for these login milestone rewards.

2. currently, there is the Lodestone Armor set to release on login day 1000. But once this new login system is implemented, anyone who reaches day 100 has the chance to select the armor. Also, in order to get all the log in weapons/gear, it will still take people 1100 days.

Day 100 - Azima

Day 300 - Zenistar

Day 500 - Zenith

Day 700 - Sigma & Octantis

Day 900 - Lodstone Syandana

Day 1100 - Lodestone Armor

13 minutes ago, R34LM said:

Just gonna drop this thought: if a vast majority of players believe that this new system will somehow make it that you would have to wait longer for the item that you are about to unlock, introduce a one use system where when someone logs in for the first time after the changes deploy they can pick any one milestone reward to attain. That way, if you were, for example, close to unlocking the Zenistar and the new system increased your wait time, you'd be given the opportunity to pick it (along with anything else) on the first login you make after the changes, eliminating any unnecessary wait time. Most of the arguments I see are just based on having to wait an extra 100 days for such and such item after the new system goes live. I know you recently tweaked the milestones a bit to reflect that criticism, but I'd say this would be a good option if people are still wary. It'd be like the times you gave out free forma when a weapon or warframe got drastically changed so we could switch our polarities.

They edited the original post yesterday. Anyone close to a weapon milestone (like me at 450 days) will still be on track to a weapon milestone if the change is implemented before they reach the milestone.

Weapons and gear are now on Odd-Hundred days, while Primed Mods are on Even-Hundred days.

However, to get all the weapons and gear in the new system, it will take you 1100 login days. 2.74 years.

I am a little concerned about how you guys will/wont be treating current players. Currently older players are being forced to stick with what was the set milestones were while new players will be able to choose from the available options. for example a player at 100 days wont be forced to take the azima, while a player with 300 days will be forced to have the azima along with being stuck with primed fury. currently the current players are just being told to deal with it while new players coming in will have an advantage. now while on paper this sounds like it is not an issue, with the thinking that both players will still receive the rewards at the same rate and the player with more time will still have more items even though they did not get a choice in what they got, they still HAVE more. But what you would be missing out on with this thought process is, is that Warframe is in an overall very good position, but this was not the case 2 years ago. The game has progressed quite a bit since then and the players who have only started playing in the last couple of months are benefiting from older players who have stuck around and supported the game. while new players are getting the polished game along with the advantage on the login rewards system. Thus you end up actually punishing the older players instead of supporting them and thanking them for their time. In other words you end up treating players who have stuck around worse than new players.

Summary I guess to sum it up, what im saying is that I feel like players who have been supporting the game for a long time are being treated worse than players who have just joined. Now, don't worry, I didn't come with out any solutions.

Option 1 My first thought was to give players with less than 300 days but more than 200 days a free second choice at primed mods and players with more than 300 days a choice at a weapon and a primed mod. However this would still hurt the players with more than 900 days in the game as they would already have all the primed mods and weapons.

Option 2 which i like more is to create and give all current players who currently have the weapons a new skin for eacg weapon that would be unobtainable to anyone who did not have the weapon on the release of the new system. What this accomplishes is that older players would still get to feel like they earned something really special for sticking with the game while not giving them anything that is locking new players out of a portion of the game .

25 minutes ago, Venatorio said:

So... for those of us who JUST hit a specific milestone, what do we get? 

Example: I just hit 400. I got primed vigor. Under the new system, I would have been allowed to grab primed shred, which I want a lot more. How will DE address this?

They won't. You have to wait till day 600 to get the next Primed Mod milestone.

2 minutes ago, Janyte said:

I am a little concerned about how you guys will/wont be treating current players. Currently older players are being forced to stick with what was the set milestones were while new players will be able to choose from the available options. for example a player at 100 days wont be forced to take the azima, while a player with 300 days will be forced to have the azima along with being stuck with primed fury. currently the current players are just being told to deal with it while new players coming in will have an advantage. now while on paper this sounds like it is not an issue, with the thinking that both players will still receive the rewards at the same rate and the player with more time will still have more items even though they did not get a choice in what they got, they still HAVE more. But what you would be missing out on with this thought process is, is that Warframe is in an overall very good position, but this was not the case 2 years ago. The game has progressed quite a bit since then and the players who have only started playing in the last couple of months are benefiting from older players who have stuck around and supported the game. while new players are getting the polished game along with the advantage on the login rewards system. Thus you end up actually punishing the older players instead of supporting them and thanking them for their time. In other words you end up treating players who have stuck around worse than new players.

Summary I guess to sum it up, what im saying is that I feel like players who have been supporting the game for a long time are being treated worse than players who have just joined. Now, don't worry, I didn't come with out any solutions.

Option 1 My first thought was to give players with less than 300 days but more than 200 days a free second choice at primed mods and players with more than 300 days a choice at a weapon and a primed mod. However this would still hurt the players with more than 900 days in the game as they would already have all the primed mods and weapons.

Option 2 which i like more is to create and give all current players who currently have the weapons a new skin for eacg weapon that would be unobtainable to anyone who did not have the weapon on the release of the new system. What this accomplishes is that older players would still get to feel like they earned something really special for sticking with the game while not giving them anything that is locking new players out of a portion of the game .

While I can agree that people who have stuck with the game long enough to accumulate the 1000 days within the next two weeks are getting shafted, i dont think giving people in the 200-300 range a second grab is wise.

In both systems, day 100 gets you a weapon, day 200 gets your a mod, and day 300 gets you a second weapon. The only downside is the new system gives you a choice (not sure how the choices are determined).

I like the skin idea, but it should still be available to everyone. Currently in WF there is nothing for people who have completed massive systems in the game. No emblems, sigils or glyphs. They could easily make one of each for the following completions:

Complete the Star Chart

Complete a Focus School (without other way bounds)

Complete All Focus Schools (Including way bounds)

Eidolon Hunter Emblems based on how many of each eidolon you've hunted (3 tiers each ex: 10, 100, 1000)

this is "better", but its just not adressing the main problem i personally have with the system. which is locking items that impact gameplay behind a daily login system in the first place. if you want e.g. two mods, you have to login 400 days, thats over a year of daily logins.

i dont mind stuff being hard to acquire, but not having any influence on how fast you obtain them is really annoying.

2 minutes ago, Ghorak said:

this is "better", but its just not adressing the main problem i personally have with the system. which is locking items that impact gameplay behind a daily login system in the first place. if you want e.g. two mods, you have to login 400 days, thats over a year of daily logins.

i dont mind stuff being hard to acquire, but not having any influence on how fast you obtain them is really annoying.

The Primed mods don't impact game-play that much. Your build will function just find with the regular version of the mod.

1 minute ago, TheFatDrake said:

The Primed mods don't impact game-play that much. Your build will function just find with the regular version of the mod.

i am aware of that, but you can use that argument for everything (e.g. you dont need to put 4 forma into mesa and 3 into the regulators, she'll work just fine without forma for pretty much anything in the game).

the login system doesnt stop me from doing anything, its simply annoying. well, with one exception, the weapons. im gonna be really annoyed when MR 26 hits and i have to watch my clanmates be that rank for a few months, while i have to wait for more stuff to be released (im 25 with ~200 days, so its not as unlikely as it seems).

again, it doesnt really stop me from doing anything, its not like i "need" to be 26, but it is annoying. and annoying stuff just isnt fun.

On 2018-08-21 at 7:58 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

Honestly why not just make Every 50 Days and you get to pick from all of them?
Like what if you just want the Weapons and Mods and don't care about the sigils and resources so you can just skip them till the end.
OR
Have Sigils and Resources be every 50 150 etc , and have Weapons AND Mods be every 100 200 etc
OR
Have a Token System

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

@[DE]Rebecca To save yourselves a lot of headache later on, make it a token system, 

So when you hit X days you get a Weapon/Mod/Etc token and you can exchange that later for the gear you want. 

Otherwise I will guarantee you will see massive dips in logins around periods when DE normally adds new items to the pools. Because people are going to wait it out rather than having to sit for another 100, 200 or 300 days if the "new thing" turns out to be interesting to them. 

With a token system they can pick it up now and decide what to do with it later and you will avoid those "well lets see what they add" drop offs. It also avoids a bunch of irrationally angry feedback from people who don't pay attention, hit their mark, get their thing and then find out that a cooler thing was added a few days after. Since at that point it becomes a matter of the player choosing to redeem the item and not the system forcing the player to redeem it NOW. 

I Agree with this 100%

Archived