[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

this is "better", but its just not adressing the main problem i personally have with the system. which is locking items that impact gameplay behind a daily login system in the first place. if you want e.g. two mods, you have to login 400 days, thats over a year of daily logins.

i dont mind stuff being hard to acquire, but not having any influence on how fast you obtain them is really annoying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghorak said:

this is "better", but its just not adressing the main problem i personally have with the system. which is locking items that impact gameplay behind a daily login system in the first place. if you want e.g. two mods, you have to login 400 days, thats over a year of daily logins.

i dont mind stuff being hard to acquire, but not having any influence on how fast you obtain them is really annoying.

The Primed mods don't impact game-play that much. Your build will function just find with the regular version of the mod.

1 minute ago, TheFatDrake said:

The Primed mods don't impact game-play that much. Your build will function just find with the regular version of the mod.

i am aware of that, but you can use that argument for everything (e.g. you dont need to put 4 forma into mesa and 3 into the regulators, she'll work just fine without forma for pretty much anything in the game).

the login system doesnt stop me from doing anything, its simply annoying. well, with one exception, the weapons. im gonna be really annoyed when MR 26 hits and i have to watch my clanmates be that rank for a few months, while i have to wait for more stuff to be released (im 25 with ~200 days, so its not as unlikely as it seems).

again, it doesnt really stop me from doing anything, its not like i "need" to be 26, but it is annoying. and annoying stuff just isnt fun.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

one day off getting to 100, I guess I wont be playing until this is implemented so I can avoid getting the Azima...

On 2018-08-21 at 7:58 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

Honestly why not just make Every 50 Days and you get to pick from all of them?
Like what if you just want the Weapons and Mods and don't care about the sigils and resources so you can just skip them till the end.
OR
Have Sigils and Resources be every 50 150 etc , and have Weapons AND Mods be every 100 200 etc
OR
Have a Token System

Edited by Dragonofdarkness13

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

@[DE]Rebecca To save yourselves a lot of headache later on, make it a token system, 

So when you hit X days you get a Weapon/Mod/Etc token and you can exchange that later for the gear you want. 

Otherwise I will guarantee you will see massive dips in logins around periods when DE normally adds new items to the pools. Because people are going to wait it out rather than having to sit for another 100, 200 or 300 days if the "new thing" turns out to be interesting to them. 

With a token system they can pick it up now and decide what to do with it later and you will avoid those "well lets see what they add" drop offs. It also avoids a bunch of irrationally angry feedback from people who don't pay attention, hit their mark, get their thing and then find out that a cooler thing was added a few days after. Since at that point it becomes a matter of the player choosing to redeem the item and not the system forcing the player to redeem it NOW. 

I Agree with this 100%

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Looks good, thanks for the effort, looking forward to it.

The token idea mentioned sounds like it would be a great idea also,

Edited by Vahlokjul
  • Upvote 1

IMO weapons AND mods should share milestones.

Sigils and resources at days 50, 150, 250 and so on.

Weapons and Primed Mods at days 100, 200, 300, 400, 500.

That way people can pick what they like from the "game altering" items to better serve their playstyle.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Mu13 said:

one day off getting to 100, I guess I wont be playing until this is implemented so I can avoid getting the Azima...

Have fun waiting God only knows how long. you might be up to Zenistar by the time they implement the change.

4 minutes ago, Moomabo said:

Are you going to reset our no# of days logged in again?

There's no reason to reset, with the old login system it wasn't set up to track anything concrete, just continuous. Everyone should keep their login day # when the new system is implemented; however, i would maybe keep track of your login days just to be safe.

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

IMO weapons AND mods should share milestones.

Sigils and resources at days 50, 150, 250 and so on.

Weapons and Primed Mods at days 100, 200, 300, 400, 500.

That way people can pick what they like from the "game altering" items to better serve their playstyle.

I can agree with this as it will still take 1100 days to get everything.

Just my 2 cents. I don't think the login tribute rework is any good. 

I remember Scott saying something like choosing your reward for the next 50-day milestone and working towards it. The list of possible rewards should be tied to Mastery Rank, so a MR2 new player don't get a Primed Vigor.

This would make new players willing to work towards another milestone. Veterans should get a whole new set of possible rewards, that players with less than 500 days of login days can't choose.

Numbers are a subject to change, but this system I personally find more entertaining.

Edited by PY-R0
  • Like 1

Personally, if this system will offer up a choice of 3 items from a given category, I think there should still be a soft gate:

Day 100 - Azime, Zenistar, Zenith

Day 200 - P. Fury, P Vigor, P. Shred

Day 300 - (Items they didn't select) + Sigma & Octantis

Day 400 - (Items they didn't select) + P. Sure Footed

Day 500 - (Items they didn't select) + Lodestar Syandana

Day 600 - (Items they didn't select) + P. Whatever

Same idea for the sigils/glyphs

Overall I am satisfied with the way this is setup. My current issue is the weird limbo some of us are going to be in when this goes live, specifically the 800, 900, and 1000 day rewards. In a few days, I will be getting the 900 day reward which is currently a prime mod, and if this goes live within the 100 days after this milestone, I will be getting a prime mod again and will forever be out of sync with the rewards compared to other players.

I see a few possible workarounds for this paradox;

A. Lock the current rewards for 800, 900, and 1000. There won't be any choices there and and those rewards should not be available sooner. This should fix the issue overall and be a fair solution.

B. Allow us to choose from both prime mods and equipment on days 800, 900, and 1000. It would be a special bonus for players who have played 800 to 1000 days and the fault of being out of sync will be the fault of the player's ultimate choice.

C. The rewards for 800 should be an equipment choice, 900 a prime mod choice, 1000 equipment choice, and 1100 equipment choice taking it back to the normal pattern. This will again fix the issue overall and also equally a fair solution.

D. Every 100 days you get a special trade in token to a new shop. The Milestone shop will contain all possible milestone rewards and only accepts these tokens as currency. This shop could be a new tab in the market or a new location, where you can visit Baro Ki'Teer while he is in the void. I could go on for possible new shop ideas and locations...

These choices are the best solutions to the problem that I can think of, but I am not a perfect person. I'm sure someone else could think of a better solution for the 800-1000 reward limbo.

• Upvote 1

Hi Devs,

One suggestion from someone who has literally just got the 200 day log in reward yesterday.

When you implement this system can you please also give players a (one time?) option to trade previous rewards gained possibly with Baro? for one of the others that would have been available if only timing had not got in the way.

I just feel I will be somewhat penalised for just passing a major milestone shortly prior to this new system going live.

Thanks for your consideration.

still love the game though 😻

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just realized something else. I am ten days away from hitting my 900 day login day mark. Does that mean I'm getting primed surefooted or the new lodestar set? Cause under the current system I would get primed surefoot on day 900 but then under the new system i would (maybe?) have to wait until day 1000 to get primed surefooted if it comes up as an option instead of the evergreen milestone at day 1000. I'm a bit confused about getting the lodestar armor set on a day that I was anticipating getting primed surefooted.

:X can we get a anniversary login? that we can chose anything? ( also, can it be retroative? -i know, maybe is too much- but i think a lot of people have older Accounts but not so much in login )

hace 4 horas, Oreades dijo:

@[DE]Rebecca To save yourselves a lot of headache later on, make it a token system, 

So when you hit X days you get a Weapon/Mod/Etc token and you can exchange that later for the gear you want. 

Otherwise I will guarantee you will see massive dips in logins around periods when DE normally adds new items to the pools. Because people are going to wait it out rather than having to sit for another 100, 200 or 300 days if the "new thing" turns out to be interesting to them. 

With a token system they can pick it up now and decide what to do with it later and you will avoid those "well lets see what they add" drop offs. It also avoids a bunch of irrationally angry feedback from people who don't pay attention, hit their mark, get their thing and then find out that a cooler thing was added a few days after. Since at that point it becomes a matter of the player choosing to redeem the item and not the system forcing the player to redeem it NOW. 

The token system sounds interesting, but i do not login for these rewards, i login to play the game, i woldn´t wait for a reward several days for "new things", 

Sounds good, glad you decided to make the items not tradeable.

It would be nice if new milestones had only cosmetic rewards. I don't really like the idea of locking mods and equipment behind such a timewall.

If this was a 30 day rotation on things it would be fine or more so at least.  50 days in between is still a long time to wait for some things, especially new players.  It doesn't really sound like a whole lot is changing or at least the parts I had hoped were changing.  The exclusive mods and weapons I really wish were rewarded elsewhere.  If most of these were just tied into Mastery rank up rewards that would be better and a whole lot more incentive for some people to level up.  Carrots on a stick are great from a business standpoint but doesn't really allow us to come and go as this system was redesigned to do so in the first place.  The exclusive rewards cancels out that original intent.

2 hours ago, TheFatDrake said:

Don't try that line. Most of us are MR 24 or 25 and we know exactly what a primed mod does for a build. These mods should have never been gated in this manner and it takes another mod to offset the loss of a primed mod which can cripple a high-end build.

I mean could you imagine if Primed Stretch was released as a login reward? Don't even try to say that a primed mod isn't critical for certain builds. Primed Vigor is great for balanced or damage reduction builds, Primed Fury is a staple for many melee builds, and Primed Shred matters a ton for weapons like the Amprex or Supra Vandal.

Again, we're not talking about new players here, but ones that have seen everything the game has and have ~2,000 hours of play time. But you keep telling yourself that primed mods don't matter much in a game about grinding and min-maxing values.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Upvote 1

En 21/8/2018 a las 11:58, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

So stay tuned all, hopefully this clarifies the current plan!

EDIT - 2:31 PM EST
After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones. The main post has been edited to reflect this change, here's the list of updated tracks for posterity:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

I'm currently at day 99.. Should I wait until the update so I can choose the weapon?

Can the age of the account and MR be factored in this?
like, you can choose something extra per year of age, or per 10 MR

then just lock some of then behind a MR wall.
And can we get an anniversary login? where we can chose anything we want? ( with reasonable limits) 

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Don't try that line. Most of us are MR 24 or 25 and we know exactly what a primed mod does for a build. These mods should have never been gated in this manner and it takes another mod to offset the loss of a primed mod which can cripple a high-end build. 

I mean could you imagine if Primed Stretch was released as a login reward? Don't even try to say that a primed mod isn't critical for certain builds. Primed Vigor is great for balanced or damage reduction builds, Primed Fury is a staple for many melee builds, and Primed Shred matters a ton for weapons like the Amprex or Supra Vandal.

Again, we're not talking about new players here, but ones that have seen everything the game has and have ~2,000 hours of play time. But you keep telling yourself that primed mods don't matter much in a game about grinding and min-maxing values.

To be fair though (I'm mr25 for reference), it's not as though the mods given via login are game breaking or 'you must use them'.  I could understand the argument if it was something like primed continuity or primed flow where there is a clear benefit to using them but lets be real here, primed shred, primed fury and primed vigor are hardly 'needed' items in any build. 

Some would argue primed shred is a downgrade due to ammo usage, primed fury is easily replaced with berserker and primed vigor is only really useful if you need extra shields because you can pretty much match it's health using a gladiator resolve for less capacity (it's only about 200 health difference on inaros where it would have the biggest difference).  Plus it's not like most high MR players run with shields in their builds (obviously exceptions) anyway because we know they're pretty useless (yes DE we're still waiting on that shield rework...), especially against aura's. 

Then we have that mod I'm sure everyone is going to use on their builds when they get it, primed sure footed.... I only got the non prime a few months back after over 2 years playing the game and I've never seen a need to use that let alone a primed version, hell I'm not even going to waste the endo or credits levelling it when I eventually get it. 

Oh and I'm not even going to go into how rivens can outclass the weapon primed mods from login rewards on the right weapons. 

Edited by LSG501