Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

Considering that 80% of my gamer friends never even heard of it. 10% played it for a week and quit coz they couldn't get into it coz de is not providing enough beginner player guidance, and 10% who still playing are unhappy with they direction. Sure! New games which are being release gaining a larger player base in months then WF after all this years so yeah... Sure let me "agree" with u. 

People have tastes and many say *insert game genre here* are not for everyone.

I cant find Overwatch or Paladins fun. Nor Fortnite nor PUBG. Friends I have also agree with me. Does that mean the games are unpopular? No. Its just not our cup of tea.

And now you doomsay, they said the same in 2014.

5 hours ago, Zanchak said:

This is just wrong on so many levels, and it has nothing to do with the "shineys" and everything to do with players who have dedicated their time to your game.

I'm not dismissing the fact that simply logging in takes no skill, to get that little arguement out of the way before it's beaten like a dead horse again.

When this system was implemented, players saw how it worked and went, "ok, we do this, we get this reward" - and that's what they did - for YEARS. These are players who have supported the game - for YEARS. Most people who have done this for YEARS have the mission hours to match.

Enter 2017/18. People rush literally everything, hit top rank in a few months and then are upset they can't have something that someone else put 800/900/1000 days into getting and BAM - they get spoon fed. Again. Total lack of consideration or respect shown for anyone who did what was set out in front of them to earn said rewards before.

Nothing is being spoon fed to THOSE older players to show, hey these people dedicated their time to us. Nope, just spoon fed to people who have rushed your game in their drive to have "everything" ASAP.

It honestly feels like nothing anyone put in before the PoE invasion of players matters. It feels like only the new wave of players get your consideration in anything. The loudest ones. Nerf this Nerf that booo I cant get the best killrate every single time cause this person who spent thousands of hours to mod everything well kills stuff I cant kill with my broken mods after 14 days. Just one fine example of what happens on a regular basis now.

It needs to stop. People with mission hours, and time spent supporting your work NEED your consideration. Please.

Cheers

Well said! Couldn't agree more! DE is focusing too much on pleasing they new players and absolutely ignoring vets who actually dedicated thousands of playtime hours and supported this game fir years. We got nothing to proudly own and wear besides a number of played hours. DE gotta start appreciating and rewarding vets. 

2 minutes ago, Nighteyezzz said:

If you look at the data on Steam it is consistently in the top 10 and average quarterly numbers always growing. Your group of friends isn't a good sample size

I didn't say they r a good sample. U know what's not a good sample? #1 game out there with a player base 10+ time larger then WF and not even 1 y.o. game Fortnite. Free to play MMOs always gonna be high on the list coz they r free and all them squeakers who can't spend all they lunch money on buying games download it and keeping it at top 10 considering highly rotating player base most of won't reach pass MR15... Vets are the spine here! 

Ok so when is this gonna drop? I'm like 17 days away from what will be with this change a log in weapon instead of a primed mod. I dont want to avoid logging in a playing just so i dont miss out on a new weapon because if i was to choose i would rather have one of the log in weapons than primed vigor.

So hows this gonna work? I really need to know.

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

People have tastes and many say *insert game genre here* are not for everyone.

I cant find Overwatch or Paladins fun. Nor Fortnite nor PUBG. Friends I have also agree with me. Does that mean the games are unpopular? No. Its just not our cup of tea.

And now you doomsay, they said the same in 2014.

I agree, I am not a bug fan of PVP based games But we r talking here not about genre, but about appreciation of them dedicated players who supported the game for years but Dev spitting in all vets faces by trying to please new players over vets. OK let me ask this ... Let's say u r a new player, now this system will allow u to say F to sucky azima and get zenith right away which vets had to wait for almost 2 years of logins to get. They now have an Option what to get. Vets who are hovering around 900+ days like me still locked to just getting One item , whatever is next, we got no options. Unless DE will release about 50+ more other daily rewards vets can choose from. 

14 hours ago, LSG501 said:

To be fair though (I'm mr25 for reference), it's not as though the mods given via login are game breaking or 'you must use them'.  I could understand the argument if it was something like primed continuity or primed flow where there is a clear benefit to using them but lets be real here, primed shred, primed fury and primed vigor are hardly 'needed' items in any build. 

Some would argue primed shred is a downgrade due to ammo usage, primed fury is easily replaced with berserker and primed vigor is only really useful if you need extra shields because you can pretty much match it's health using a gladiator resolve for less capacity (it's only about 200 health difference on inaros where it would have the biggest difference).  Plus it's not like most high MR players run with shields in their builds (obviously exceptions) anyway because we know they're pretty useless (yes DE we're still waiting on that shield rework...), especially against aura's. 

Then we have that mod I'm sure everyone is going to use on their builds when they get it, primed sure footed.... I only got the non prime a few months back after over 2 years playing the game and I've never seen a need to use that let alone a primed version, hell I'm not even going to waste the endo or credits levelling it when I eventually get it. 

Oh and I'm not even going to go into how rivens can outclass the weapon primed mods from login rewards on the right weapons. 

No one cares about ammo economy since carrier changes and primed fury doesnt replace berserker because both stack multiplicative.

And you stack rivens with primed mods. Dont get me wrong but you dont understand alot of those things.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

I didn't say they r a good sample. U know what's not a good sample? #1 game out there with a player base 10+ time larger then WF and not even 1 y.o. game Fortnite. Free to play MMOs always gonna be high on the list coz they r free and all them squeakers who can't spend all they lunch money on buying games download it and keeping it at top 10 considering highly rotating player base most of won't reach pass MR15... Vets are the spine here! 

You don't have access to the numbers so you're just making stuff up and trying to pass it off as fact, you know who does have access to the numbers? DE and considering they managed to keep the lights on for this many years when so many games have come and gone, I'm going to stick with "their doing something right" 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

Well said! Couldn't agree more! DE is focusing too much on pleasing they new players and absolutely ignoring vets who actually dedicated thousands of playtime hours and supported this game fir years. We got nothing to proudly own and wear besides a number of played hours. DE gotta start appreciating and rewarding vets. 

I'm a relatively new player, and I'm between day 200 and 250. With this proposed system, I'm still going to need to log in for 1000 days (or is it 1100? Will we get a new mod for the day 1000 slot? I hope not) to get all the unique stuff. Since I already have the Azima, I'm still going to stick to pretty much the same order that the old system had. If I were just starting out, I'd pick the Zenistar first, but that's the only, very slight improvement to this new system.

If DE are focusing on pleasing new players with this change, they're failing. If anything, it feels like they changed the original plan (pick anything every 50 days, which would allow you to get the mods and unique gear in 500 days, which is still a significant amount of time) so as to not upset veterans like you. Seems they failed at that too.

23 minutes ago, plato13 said:

No one cares about ammo economy since carrier changes and primed fury doesnt replace berserker because both stack multiplicative.

And you stack rivens with primed mods. Dont get me wrong but you dont understand alot of those things.

LOL.. saying I don't understand the mods when your entire argument basically says 'take carrier' (which ironically is what DE tried to stop with the change to vacuum) and you can stack a riven with another mod (ignoring the fact you first have to have a riven for said weapon...). 

And you know what I never knew that I could only stack a riven with a primed mod for some reason I've been able to stack rivens with non primed mods all this time, I must be doing something wrong because clearly primed mods are the only thing I can stack with a riven mod....oh wait they're not.  Primed mods are clearly essential to builds that use rivens....how could I be so wrong. 🤣

Oh and let me guess... you haven't got the mods, hence why you're trying to make out they're so important...

4 hours ago, plznohurtme said:

Coming back to Warframe after a couple of years and seeing this stupid system was almost enough to make me reconsider. A gear wall that cannot be surpassed except for logins is effectively punishing people for not logging in. I had played the game from beta for a few years, but clearly I picked the wrong few years according to this system. Cosmetics and other non gameplay effecting things should certainly be behind the login wall, but to have exclusive weapons and mods is just dumb. 

There should be an alternative means to acquiring the stuff which has a direct effect on actually playing the game...or really just do away with that aspect of the login system. I am unaware of any other game which blocks players from accessing parts of the game for years and there's a very good reason for that (I'd say it's obvious, but maybe it isn't to DE): it's a bad idea that doesn't help anyone. 

I think it is obvious to DE, which is why they want to rework it. They've even said in devstreams that they weren't really thinking about what kinds of things they were going to add on day 1000 - it was just a simple reward system when it started out, and it wasn't too bad at day 50, or even 100.

It's pretty obvious to anyone (except maybe the irrationally covetous players who feel "screwed" by someone else getting access to a mod in this non-competitive game?) that this type of system doesn't work once we start getting into years, especially for new and returning players.

44 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

LOL.. saying I don't understand the mods when your entire argument basically says 'take carrier' (which ironically is what DE tried to stop with the change to vacuum) and you can stack a riven with another mod (ignoring the fact you first have to have a riven for said weapon...). 

And you know what I never knew that I could only stack a riven with a primed mod for some reason I've been able to stack rivens with non primed mods all this time, I must be doing something wrong because clearly primed mods are the only thing I can stack with a riven mod....oh wait they're not.  Primed mods are clearly essential to builds that use rivens....how could I be so wrong. 🤣

Oh and let me guess... you haven't got the mods, hence why you're trying to make out they're so important...

You disqualified yourself as a reasonable person.

Most weapons dont need carrier with a firerate mod, the few wich do so can use carrier. Also punch through arguably doubles your ammo efficiency since you hit multiple enemies at once.

Also mods scale exponentialy with how the multipliers work thats why you cant compare riven + non primed vs riven + primed mods. Shred is a Rifle Mod and every rifle has a spare mod slot after modding serration, split chamber, 2x ele, riven and both crit mods. Even more open slots on non crit weapons, making Shred/Primed Shred a worthwhile addition to almost every rifle.

You are just trying to twist my words but failing. Obviously you profit from the status quo and are an apologist, unable to grasp the actual problem here wich power gated behind multiple years of logging in.

6 minutes ago, plato13 said:

You disqualified yourself as a reasonable person.

Most weapons dont need carrier with a firerate mod, the few wich do so can use carrier. Also punch through arguably doubles your ammo efficiency since you hit multiple enemies at once.

Also mods scale exponentialy with how the multipliers work thats why you cant compare riven + non primed vs riven + primed mods. Shred is a Rifle Mod and every rifle has a spare mod slot after modding serration, split chamber, 2x ele, riven and both crit mods. Even more open slots on non crit weapons, making Shred/Primed Shred a worthwhile addition to almost every rifle.

You really are getting desperate now aren't you....  everything you've said there does not show the mods as being ESSENTIAL, I have never disputed they are a stronger version (not always a positive as I said earlier) so trying to change your argument to that direction isn't going to work....

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

You really are getting desperate now aren't you....  everything you've said there does not show the mods as being ESSENTIAL, I have never disputed they are a stronger version (not always a positive as I said earlier) so trying to change your argument to that direction isn't going to work....

An equal playingfiel is essential.

4 hours ago, Zanchak said:

I especially enjoy things like this, where opinions are wanted but any veterans opinions are immediately "complaints" and "entitlements" and "exclusivity". I've been in and out of chemo for 2 years, most definitely not chained to a computer and I still found time to login most days. Ive missed many weeks though when sick, and still manage to be over 800. Many people are pissed not so much because of the trinkets, but because their time and support for a game they have loved for years is constantly and consistently being spat on like it doesn't even matter, most especially since PoE. I find your tone just insulting tbh. Your opinion is apparently just fine but anything outside of the loud whinings for everything ASAP counts as complaining?

Okey Dokey.

Okay admittedly i could of worded what i said a bit better. It was 3 am and little ones were keeping us awake. But still thats no excuse for me being rude. And while i understand the vets being unhappy that their shiny stuff is going to be easier for those with less login days, i still feel that locking weapons and mods behind the logins is dumb. There should be ways to gain access to the weapons or mods outside logins. While i at the same time, i believe everyones opinions matter, i feel like DE need to find someway to reward the vets for logging in as long as they have,but also throw those of us who cant get on as often a bone as well. If they can. As it stands itll take me years before i can get what i want out of the login system. That being said i do value the opinions of those vets. it just sounds like many are focusing on themselves, but the way you explained it i can definately agree that you have a valid point.

1 minute ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

Here goes a noob who doesn't know anything about the game. My congratulations! Let me guess - u love the idea of the new system with shortcuts to better weapons ? Lol sure u do... 

Yes every reasonable person who wants qual oppertunity does. And trust me i have alot more time invested into the game then most of you. I just dont play the "Login Game" while waiting for new content.

Just now, plato13 said:

An equal playingfiel is essential.

Oh... a new direction....No it's not essential, I've played plenty of games in the past with tiered abilities depending on how long you've played and they work just fine with the right matchmaking (DE could improve this though in all honesty), it's even more obvious that it's not essential when the star map is currently based around at most level 100 enemies which you can kill without even adding forma to the higher tier weapons.... the game is focused around the star chart (iirc DE even said as much), not the players who want to play endlessly.  In all honesty most players don't actually need ANY primed mod to play the game as DE intended.

And technically, changing the way of getting the mods so you can get them via 'instant gratification' instead of actually time investment would be making it so new players are 'more important' than veterans who have had no option but to go through the current system.  That's not an equal playing field in my view. 

So many butthurt "Vets". The real Vets dont mind those login changes, they appreciate it. Because the faster new player catch up to veterans, the faster DE shifts the development focus to actual endgame.

We can already tell DE will release those items into the core game, because the system was rotten from the very start and the only solution is to tear it down.

So cry more about your loss of "prestige".

On 2018-08-22 at 1:08 AM, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Login rewards are flawed though. Having 900+ only shows that you are available to load Warframe every day; it doesn't actually mean that you play the game. Meanwhile there are players with ~2,000 hours played that are between 3-500 logins. These are the players that are spending a lot of time playing the game; they just don't have time available every day to play.

this is my life. 8y0nTCL.jpg

i have been a dedicated wf player since early early beta (i mean seriously my forum account id is under 5000 lol), i have a LOT of time in this game, i'm mr 25, but i have long periods of times where i cannot get to my computer, so this is why my account looks like right now (i have another 500+ hours in the game that were before steam integreation or even playtime tracking in-game) i think it's pretty safe to say that i'm part of the demographic you guys are trying to reward for dedication, yet i don't even have a primed fury, or vigor, or any of the fun weapons, my friends have all passed me by and there are a lot of fun melee builds i honestly can't do effectively, it's really frustrating to see mr 13 players running around with primed fury. If i could pay plat or just pay money at this point for them, i would - thats how frustrated i am with the current system.

how can you call this is fair? i love you, DE. but please, stop gating this type of S#&$ behind a horrible reward system that punishes dedicated players and rewards people who don't have jobs or have regular schedules - at least with prime chamber i can WORK for it. and sure, there's something to be said for overkill, you dont "need" any of these rewards, but by that logic you don't need more than 3 frames and 1 weapon set, warframe is a game about collection, and when you've reached the end of the road, collected every single warframe, every single weapon and everysingle mod in the game, all thats left for you to do is sit there and lament how you can't get the things you have wanted for 5 years because of a contrived system

il y a 14 minutes, plato13 a dit :

So many butthurt "Vets". The real Vets dont mind those login changes, they appreciate it. Because the faster new player catch up to veterans, the faster DE shifts the development focus to actual endgame.

We can already tell DE will release those items into the core game, because the system was rotten from the very start and the only solution is to tear it down.

So cry more about your loss of "prestige".

Thank you for saying this !

The login system changing is something i personaly dont care about.

in fact, i like the changes.

Altho it should be noted that the people who logged in for 1000 days should get somehing exclusive. i mean its 1000 days logged in.

I find it funny how people want to talk about how Vets are being unreasonable or how newbies are wanting to be spoonfed.

Yet here's me, as a someone who was playing before we had this current version of the daily tribute. Sure, we still got rewards for log ins, but they were the standard affair and we had no daily log in trackings or any form of milestone. Once they added this version in, there were no compensations or boosts to the players who had played prior and yet some people spoke of this as a good thing because it allowed Newbies and Older players to play on an even playing field. Were those newbies at the time being spoon fed or were the veterans of the game at that time being entitled/spoilt? I'll never know. Either way, those newbies are now veterans who have been playing for almost 1000 days. 

I personally like the login changes. This now means I can have access to weapons that I should have had access to before some of the people here complaining about it probably would have gotten access to. 

I also want to point out I dislike log-in reward systems like this. If it was just cosmetics, such as Sigils and Syandanas, I'd have been fine and not cared about. Catalysts, Reactors and Adapters? Sure, why not. But when it comes to Primed Mods and Weapons? That I have to disagree with. 

HOWEVER: Changing it so that we can choose what we want at certain milestones is probably the best compromise we have at this point. Is it the best solution? No, but we're never going to make everyone happy.

Archived