Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, KIREEK said:

If the new login system comes sooner than that, then you will get sigma and ocantis by just selecting it in the weapon login milestone

So, what am I supposed to do? Not login for seven days until this change goes through? And that still doesn't address the fact that people like me are over 500days behind with no form of catch up in sight when it's getting more and more needed the longer it goes on

Before we start switching days around. DE, you should give everyone their next upcoming Milestone, because you're altering days with some placement of stuff now, before dropping this whenever you're planning to release this.

Honestly as a Vet, Give the Weapons and Mods to Baro. Have Baro bring these login rewards every time he arrives. Baro already bring Prime Mods and Unique Weapons. So, why not. However, acquiring these weapons "now" no longer gives weapons slots and blue potato and costs ducats. Vets got their's free with bonus perks for being active, not "loyal", but active.

Login Rewards (Daily): Respectable amounts of Kuva / Endo / Rare Resoucre(s).  (W.I.B) the numbers, based MR or Days Logged In, whatever. But absolutely NO CREDITS. Relics (Any Currently Unvaulted). If are wanna keep Booster, for the love Space Mom, allow the time to only count while in missions, (actively using it) or atleast allow us to decide when to claim it to start the timer.

Login Milestone (Every X Days): Forma (x3), Potato Combo, Adapter (x2), Riven (Rando), Kuva (X,000), Endo (X,000), Vaulted Relic (x3). (W.I.B) the numbers.

Login Unique Milestone (Sigils, Cape, Armour)   Leave them day gated to each of their respected day counts. Every other game has unique items for major events, account anniversaries, game or player milestones. We only got: True Day Zero: (Founders Stuff), Primed Chamber (Unique Event).

for me loing system is nothing for real vets what understand from say or hear vets it's meant to be for experience ppl who know many things ingame can teach new players about the game vet are someone when they need help they can ask for it not login time even how many hrs u invest ingame becuase there are ppl can learn game in short time some others need more time what we realy need is something make u know that player is vets

7 hours ago, Sunder said:

Information regarding my perspective.

• Master Founder
  • MR25
  • Mostly caught up with login days (Getting that armour soon)

Major complains by the community

• Takes too long to get all the login rewards (daunting to new players, weekend players, those not dedicated enough to the system)
  • People caught up with logins feel the time invested would be for nothing if everyone got stuff too easily

DE's provided change WOULD ease up the wait for login rewards while still keeping some folks feeling that their collection of all items (sigils, equipment, weapons, mods) is exclusive for their time invested. Even if quite a few people just login/alt-f4/login/alt-f4/repeat. One problem however is to get all 3 weapons...is gonna take 500 days. At least. So the time-gate is still there. Logging in daily --even if just Alt-F4'ing afterwards, is still kind of a daily chore that if you miss a day? It feels like you're being left behind.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't typically jump on the Youtube partner bandwagon but user, "Shy" put it best I feel.

The milestone rewards should just go. Implement them into the game some other way. I know DE feels as though this is a way to get players to pop on once a day, maybe while they're doing that they check alerts or the sortie and play for a bit. But in the same way that Gabe Newell of Valve/Steam sees pirates, I think DE could see their player-base. He states that piracy is likely a result of bad service. That people will pirate games out of convenience and the like. Better service would equal actual paying customers. A more efficient system that would make pirating less convenient and more of a hassle.

In regards to DE....they're a great company with awesome people. They don't need some gimmick like a daily login to keep players coming back once a day. Specially with how much they've grown. If it's that much of an issue keeping players coming back? Then maybe DE needs to up their service to do so.

that is why I keep suggesting at least a bonus based on the age of your account, but keep, or even shorten the time between milestones. give some yearly prize ( to the account, not counting the game one) 

9 minutes ago, IcyJalapeno said:

Before we start switching days around. DE, you should give everyone their next upcoming Milestone, because you're altering days with some placement of stuff now, before dropping this whenever you're planning to release this.

Honestly as a Vet, Give the Weapons and Mods to Baro. Have Baro bring these login rewards every time he arrives. Baro already bring Prime Mods and Unique Weapons. So, why not. However, acquiring these weapons "now" no longer gives weapons slots and blue potato and costs ducats. Vets got their's free with bonus perks for being active, not "loyal", but active.

Login Rewards (Daily): Respectable amounts of Kuva / Endo / Rare Resoucre(s).  (W.I.B) the numbers, based MR or Days Logged In, whatever. But absolutely NO CREDITS. Relics (Any Currently Unvaulted). If are wanna keep Booster, for the love Space Mom, allow the time to only count while in missions, (actively using it) or atleast allow us to decide when to claim it to start the timer.

Login Milestone (Every X Days): Forma (x3), Potato Combo, Adapter (x2), Riven (Rando), Kuva (X,000), Endo (X,000), Vaulted Relic (x3). (W.I.B) the numbers.

Login Unique Milestone (Sigils, Cape, Armour)   Leave them day gated to each of their respected day counts. Every other game has unique items for major events, account anniversaries, game or player milestones. We only got: True Day Zero: (Founders Stuff), Primed Chamber (Unique Event).

I sill think that a bonus based on how old is your account would help a lot of veterans

45 minutes ago, RawrKitty said:

this is my life. 8y0nTCL.jpg

i have been a dedicated wf player since early early beta (i mean seriously my forum account id is under 5000 lol), i have a LOT of time in this game, i'm mr 25, but i have long periods of times where i cannot get to my computer, so this is why my account looks like right now (i have another 500+ hours in the game that were before steam integreation or even playtime tracking in-game) i think it's pretty safe to say that i'm part of the demographic you guys are trying to reward for dedication, yet i don't even have a primed fury, or vigor, or any of the fun weapons, my friends have all passed me by and there are a lot of fun melee builds i honestly can't do effectively, it's really frustrating to see mr 13 players running around with primed fury. If i could pay plat or just pay money at this point for them, i would - thats how frustrated i am with the current system.

how can you call this is fair? i love you, DE. but please, stop gating this type of S#&$ behind a horrible reward system that punishes dedicated players and rewards people who don't have jobs or have regular schedules - at least with prime chamber i can WORK for it. and sure, there's something to be said for overkill, you dont "need" any of these rewards, but by that logic you don't need more than 3 frames and 1 weapon set, warframe is a game about collection, and when you've reached the end of the road, collected every single warframe, every single weapon and everysingle mod in the game, all thats left for you to do is sit there and lament how you can't get the things you have wanted for 5 years because of a contrived system

so lets keep asking for a bonus based on the age of our account, it would help a lot of veterans

2 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

so lets keep asking for a bonus based on the age of our account, it would help a lot of veterans

i don't like that either. this isn't eve, i dont want to be better than anyone because i came here first. i want to have a nice thing over players because i worked for it. and ON that note, i dont think prestiege bonuses tied to combat advantages should EVER be a thing

4 minutes ago, RawrKitty said:

i don't like that either. this isn't eve, i dont want to be better than anyone because i came here first. i want to have a nice thing over players because i worked for it. and ON that note, i dont think prestiege bonuses tied to combat advantages should EVER be a thing

I wasn't talking about combat, but other things, like sigils and maybe new colors 

4 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

I sill think that a bonus based on how old is your account would help a lot of veterans

Old account doesn't equal playtime nor login days, 1 to 1 ratio. Everyone takes breaks, some people leave for a couple months while content drought is real, some people leave because a new game releases, and some people just quit. Could it be helpful when it comes to the daily login rewards, yes. But, the fact DE wiped all the days played by them and everyone else at the time to set back at day 0 with fresh new accounts shouldn't have happened. We can't do accounts by age, in any measurement. Account creation date, as I just explain above. In-game time, could any mix % of afk to actually active. Login days, the 2 mins to login and logout to continue the milestone progress.

Maybe it's just me, but almost every time I see someone state, "As a vet," I read it as "As your better".

Playing a game for free isn't support -- at least not more so than the cost of running the servers and services that allow you to play. Buying things with Plat or with real money is support and is the only thing that pays for development. That said, P2W is awful and shouldn't be supported, but the idea that a person got here first and, therefore, deserves some compensation doesn't really jive with the idea that you were playing a game the whole time. Calling for recognition of playtime is a call for having your "status" as better recognized.

And as we've seen from games like EVE Online and others that create a permanent tiered structure, it kills games. EVE could have been a great and popular game if it had been willing to make changes that would have pissed of our "betters" and actually made a game that was perceived to be fair.

DE, in general, does a great job of making it so that time played matters. MR test gatekeeping is relatively minor. The daily sortie isn't so rewarding that missing out on it is going to affect you too drastically. And since Rivens are luck-based new players can always convince themselves they might get lucky.

Any system that doesn't have a catch-up mechanism or a hard-cap like focus (meaning everyone will catch up eventually) means that new players will be discouraged by that system. And old players always leave. Life happens. Players get bored. Catering to an ever shrinking demographic is a bad idea. Any politician can tell you that.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

Maybe it's just me, but almost every time I see someone state, "As a vet," I read it as "As your better".

Playing a game for free isn't support -- at least not more so than the cost of running the servers and services that allow you to play. Buying things with Plat or with real money is support and is the only thing that pays for development. That said, P2W is awful and shouldn't be supported, but the idea that a person got here first and, therefore, deserves some compensation doesn't really jive with the idea that you were playing a game the whole time. Calling for recognition of playtime is a call for having your "status" as better recognized.

And as we've seen from games like EVE Online and others that create a permanent tiered structure, it kills games. EVE could have been a great and popular game if it had been willing to make changes that would have pissed of our "betters" and actually made a game that was perceived to be fair.

DE, in general, does a great job of making it so that time played matters. MR test gatekeeping is relatively minor. The daily sortie isn't so rewarding that missing out on it is going to affect you too drastically. And since Rivens are luck-based new players can always convince themselves they might get lucky.

Any system that doesn't have a catch-up mechanism or a hard-cap like focus (meaning everyone will catch up eventually) means that new players will be discouraged by that system. And old players always leave. Life happens. Players get bored. Catering to an ever shrinking demographic is a bad idea. Any politician can tell you that.

I can understand the way you see "As a vet," I read it as "As your better". Because its been showing true lately. However, I would honestly like to Baro get them, because it removes the main debate point out of still flawed system.

"Does a great job of making it so that time played matters" Yes and No. (No) Login 1.0 wipe was just a uncalled for backhand to active players. (No) Proposed Changes at this time means, a day 100 player can get the currently set day 1000 player cosmetic reward. (Yes) MR Test and Locking Items (No) Our Current Rewards for being higher MR player is barely greater a new player. (No) ESO, the Vet game mode. Gets a new player mode, SO, to fix a lore error and dump a new frame into. (No) ESO and SO rewards are not that different, besides the weapons. (Yes) Unique Anniversary Weapons for All Players. Etc..

So I can kinda see it, nothing against you, but it kinda gets overshadowed by DE's decisions.

Honestly, if cosmetics were the only unique items on the login reward system there be no point needed for a catch up mechanic.

4 hours ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

I'm a PS4 vet so we didn't lose much since system lunched a bit later then PC ... I'm almost at 950 logins. 

So let's be real here. You started just after the login system was added so you have only benefited from it. What you don't know was that players like myself and many, many others played for over 2 years (some for way longer if they played the beta) and when the login system was added DE gave us, veterans, nothing for our time or dedication.

New players, like yourself, that started playing when logins were added have only ever benefited from the login system. So for you to say that DE never gives the veterans anything belies the fact that you were not a veteran when logins were added to the game.

So suck it up and let the new players enjoy the benefits, just like we saw you do almost 3 years ago. And don't forget that you have had almost 3 years of benefits while we got nothing for our time.

1 hour ago, RawrKitty said:

this is my life. 8y0nTCL.jpg

i have been a dedicated wf player since early early beta (i mean seriously my forum account id is under 5000 lol), i have a LOT of time in this game, i'm mr 25, but i have long periods of times where i cannot get to my computer, so this is why my account looks like right now (i have another 500+ hours in the game that were before steam integreation or even playtime tracking in-game) i think it's pretty safe to say that i'm part of the demographic you guys are trying to reward for dedication, yet i don't even have a primed fury, or vigor, or any of the fun weapons, my friends have all passed me by and there are a lot of fun melee builds i honestly can't do effectively, it's really frustrating to see mr 13 players running around with primed fury. If i could pay plat or just pay money at this point for them, i would - thats how frustrated i am with the current system.

how can you call this is fair? i love you, DE. but please, stop gating this type of S#&$ behind a horrible reward system that punishes dedicated players and rewards people who don't have jobs or have regular schedules - at least with prime chamber i can WORK for it. and sure, there's something to be said for overkill, you dont "need" any of these rewards, but by that logic you don't need more than 3 frames and 1 weapon set, warframe is a game about collection, and when you've reached the end of the road, collected every single warframe, every single weapon and everysingle mod in the game, all thats left for you to do is sit there and lament how you can't get the things you have wanted for 5 years because of a contrived system

Well said. And the kicker is that the scaling changes will disregard your playtime and MR and treat you like a player that just started playing and only has 100 logins. It's nice to get kicked when you are already down, right?

I have 4k hours total, 245th login on PC, On PS4 and XBOX over 1k+ hours of in-mission time ~320 login Days. Stoped playing Console over a Year ago. it will still take a long a** time to get all the Mods and Weapons the cosmetics i dont care about. Locking Weapons and Mods behind a 2 year login Wall has to go away. The only thing that changes is that you can choose what Item you want first, it doesnt change the time to get all Items.

Just now, Cephalon_Umbra said:

I have 4k hours total, 245th login on PC, On PS4 and XBOX over 1k+ hours of in-mission time ~320 login Days. Stoped playing Console over a Year ago. it will still take a long a** time to get all the Mods and Weapons the cosmetics i dont care about. Locking Weapons and Mods behind a 2 year login Wall has to go away. The only thing that changes is that you can choose what Item you want first, it doesnt change the time to get all Items.

Even if you were allowed to pick any reward on your 50th login it would still take you over a year to get all the mods and weapons. That's another year of rewards for players that are near/at the login max. If DE adds anything new then everyone will take, at most, 50 logins to get it. That's the most fair system for new and veteran players.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

Even if you were allowed to pick any reward on your 50th login it would still take you over a year to get all the mods and weapons. That's another year of rewards for players that are near/at the login max. If DE adds anything new then everyone will take, at most, 50 logins to get it. That's the most fair system for new and veteran players.

Every 50th would be kinda ok, but I still think it has to move from login to something else maybe something like complete 50 Alerts to choose a weapon or Login Mod that would give people a reason to do those 300 Ferrite Alerts.

"2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc." 100th day...................200 was fine for zeni........................

"PRIMED MODS" Nice going for upsetting a lot of player thanks DE again

it was already broken now u guys breaking old players Thanks :) 

Paraphrasing many people here: "what do we get for our time and dedication"

The correct answer should be nothing. You're not being paid to play. In fact it costs them money for you to play for which they get increased player counts which is required for an MMO. If the game is a chore and you need incentive to play, then the game should be improved so that it's no longer a chore. The idea of being paid to play is horrid and has led to so many instances of skewed priorities.

Any system that prioritizes loyalty over skill is bad. Any system that relies on rewards to counteract boredom is bad.

32 minutes ago, Cephalon_Umbra said:

Every 50th would be kinda ok, but I still think it has to move from login to something else maybe something like complete 50 Alerts to choose a weapon or Login Mod that would give people a reason to do those 300 Ferrite Alerts.

Why? 50 logins is already way too long and not everyone is logging in every day so realistically those 50 logins take much longer for an average player. I know some players that are weekend warriors and others that have families and can only play after the kids go to bed but are booked solid on weekends, and the evenings are cut short by sports, the spouse, or the kids being sick. So for most people they miss 1-2 logins per week, and others can only login 2-3 times per week. So the system has to be flexible enough to still reward players that want to play and support Warframe but have limited availability throughout each week.

A perfect login system would let players miss X logins per week and allow them to play for Y hours to earn those back. So if you can only login 4 times this week, you can play for 4 hours to earn 2 of those logins back, putting you at 6 for the week. I mean that would be the most fair way to make logins work since you either reward availability or time spent playing but you cannot exceed 7 logins per week.

Archived