[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

You really are getting desperate now aren't you....  everything you've said there does not show the mods as being ESSENTIAL, I have never disputed they are a stronger version (not always a positive as I said earlier) so trying to change your argument to that direction isn't going to work....

An equal playingfiel is essential.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zanchak said:

I especially enjoy things like this, where opinions are wanted but any veterans opinions are immediately "complaints" and "entitlements" and "exclusivity". I've been in and out of chemo for 2 years, most definitely not chained to a computer and I still found time to login most days. Ive missed many weeks though when sick, and still manage to be over 800. Many people are pissed not so much because of the trinkets, but because their time and support for a game they have loved for years is constantly and consistently being spat on like it doesn't even matter, most especially since PoE. I find your tone just insulting tbh. Your opinion is apparently just fine but anything outside of the loud whinings for everything ASAP counts as complaining?

Okey Dokey.

Okay admittedly i could of worded what i said a bit better. It was 3 am and little ones were keeping us awake. But still thats no excuse for me being rude. And while i understand the vets being unhappy that their shiny stuff is going to be easier for those with less login days, i still feel that locking weapons and mods behind the logins is dumb. There should be ways to gain access to the weapons or mods outside logins. While i at the same time, i believe everyones opinions matter, i feel like DE need to find someway to reward the vets for logging in as long as they have,but also throw those of us who cant get on as often a bone as well. If they can. As it stands itll take me years before i can get what i want out of the login system. That being said i do value the opinions of those vets. it just sounds like many are focusing on themselves, but the way you explained it i can definately agree that you have a valid point.

1 minute ago, (PS4)creativedsign said:

Here goes a noob who doesn't know anything about the game. My congratulations! Let me guess - u love the idea of the new system with shortcuts to better weapons ? Lol sure u do... 

Yes every reasonable person who wants qual oppertunity does. And trust me i have alot more time invested into the game then most of you. I just dont play the "Login Game" while waiting for new content.

Just now, plato13 said:

An equal playingfiel is essential.

Oh... a new direction....No it's not essential, I've played plenty of games in the past with tiered abilities depending on how long you've played and they work just fine with the right matchmaking (DE could improve this though in all honesty), it's even more obvious that it's not essential when the star map is currently based around at most level 100 enemies which you can kill without even adding forma to the higher tier weapons.... the game is focused around the star chart (iirc DE even said as much), not the players who want to play endlessly.  In all honesty most players don't actually need ANY primed mod to play the game as DE intended.

And technically, changing the way of getting the mods so you can get them via 'instant gratification' instead of actually time investment would be making it so new players are 'more important' than veterans who have had no option but to go through the current system.  That's not an equal playing field in my view. 

So many butthurt "Vets". The real Vets dont mind those login changes, they appreciate it. Because the faster new player catch up to veterans, the faster DE shifts the development focus to actual endgame.

We can already tell DE will release those items into the core game, because the system was rotten from the very start and the only solution is to tear it down.

So cry more about your loss of "prestige".

Edited by plato13

On 2018-08-22 at 1:08 AM, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Login rewards are flawed though. Having 900+ only shows that you are available to load Warframe every day; it doesn't actually mean that you play the game. Meanwhile there are players with ~2,000 hours played that are between 3-500 logins. These are the players that are spending a lot of time playing the game; they just don't have time available every day to play.

this is my life. 8y0nTCL.jpg

i have been a dedicated wf player since early early beta (i mean seriously my forum account id is under 5000 lol), i have a LOT of time in this game, i'm mr 25, but i have long periods of times where i cannot get to my computer, so this is why my account looks like right now (i have another 500+ hours in the game that were before steam integreation or even playtime tracking in-game) i think it's pretty safe to say that i'm part of the demographic you guys are trying to reward for dedication, yet i don't even have a primed fury, or vigor, or any of the fun weapons, my friends have all passed me by and there are a lot of fun melee builds i honestly can't do effectively, it's really frustrating to see mr 13 players running around with primed fury. If i could pay plat or just pay money at this point for them, i would - thats how frustrated i am with the current system.

how can you call this is fair? i love you, DE. but please, stop gating this type of S#&$ behind a horrible reward system that punishes dedicated players and rewards people who don't have jobs or have regular schedules - at least with prime chamber i can WORK for it. and sure, there's something to be said for overkill, you dont "need" any of these rewards, but by that logic you don't need more than 3 frames and 1 weapon set, warframe is a game about collection, and when you've reached the end of the road, collected every single warframe, every single weapon and everysingle mod in the game, all thats left for you to do is sit there and lament how you can't get the things you have wanted for 5 years because of a contrived system

Edited by RawrKitty
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

il y a 14 minutes, plato13 a dit :

So many butthurt "Vets". The real Vets dont mind those login changes, they appreciate it. Because the faster new player catch up to veterans, the faster DE shifts the development focus to actual endgame.

We can already tell DE will release those items into the core game, because the system was rotten from the very start and the only solution is to tear it down.

So cry more about your loss of "prestige".

Thank you for saying this !

The login system changing is something i personaly dont care about.

in fact, i like the changes.

Altho it should be noted that the people who logged in for 1000 days should get somehing exclusive. i mean its 1000 days logged in.

Hmm, how about this: remove the ability to choose milestone and put rng on every rewards 

That way, both new players and vets will not get what they want 😂 

• Like 1

I find it funny how people want to talk about how Vets are being unreasonable or how newbies are wanting to be spoonfed.

Yet here's me, as a someone who was playing before we had this current version of the daily tribute. Sure, we still got rewards for log ins, but they were the standard affair and we had no daily log in trackings or any form of milestone. Once they added this version in, there were no compensations or boosts to the players who had played prior and yet some people spoke of this as a good thing because it allowed Newbies and Older players to play on an even playing field. Were those newbies at the time being spoon fed or were the veterans of the game at that time being entitled/spoilt? I'll never know. Either way, those newbies are now veterans who have been playing for almost 1000 days. 

I personally like the login changes. This now means I can have access to weapons that I should have had access to before some of the people here complaining about it probably would have gotten access to. 

I also want to point out I dislike log-in reward systems like this. If it was just cosmetics, such as Sigils and Syandanas, I'd have been fine and not cared about. Catalysts, Reactors and Adapters? Sure, why not. But when it comes to Primed Mods and Weapons? That I have to disagree with. 

HOWEVER: Changing it so that we can choose what we want at certain milestones is probably the best compromise we have at this point. Is it the best solution? No, but we're never going to make everyone happy.

• Applause 1

It is kinda cheating to be honest, the best solution is for everyone to loose the rewards and milestones that we achieve and start from zero :clem: 

7 hours ago, KIREEK said:

If the new login system comes sooner than that, then you will get sigma and ocantis by just selecting it in the weapon login milestone

So, what am I supposed to do? Not login for seven days until this change goes through? And that still doesn't address the fact that people like me are over 500days behind with no form of catch up in sight when it's getting more and more needed the longer it goes on

• Upvote 1

Before we start switching days around. DE, you should give everyone their next upcoming Milestone, because you're altering days with some placement of stuff now, before dropping this whenever you're planning to release this.

Honestly as a Vet, Give the Weapons and Mods to Baro. Have Baro bring these login rewards every time he arrives. Baro already bring Prime Mods and Unique Weapons. So, why not. However, acquiring these weapons "now" no longer gives weapons slots and blue potato and costs ducats. Vets got their's free with bonus perks for being active, not "loyal", but active.

Login Rewards (Daily): Respectable amounts of Kuva / Endo / Rare Resoucre(s).  (W.I.B) the numbers, based MR or Days Logged In, whatever. But absolutely NO CREDITS. Relics (Any Currently Unvaulted). If are wanna keep Booster, for the love Space Mom, allow the time to only count while in missions, (actively using it) or atleast allow us to decide when to claim it to start the timer.

Login Milestone (Every X Days): Forma (x3), Potato Combo, Adapter (x2), Riven (Rando), Kuva (X,000), Endo (X,000), Vaulted Relic (x3). (W.I.B) the numbers.

Login Unique Milestone (Sigils, Cape, Armour)   Leave them day gated to each of their respected day counts. Every other game has unique items for major events, account anniversaries, game or player milestones. We only got: True Day Zero: (Founders Stuff), Primed Chamber (Unique Event).

for me loing system is nothing for real vets what understand from say or hear vets it's meant to be for experience ppl who know many things ingame can teach new players about the game vet are someone when they need help they can ask for it not login time even how many hrs u invest ingame becuase there are ppl can learn game in short time some others need more time what we realy need is something make u know that player is vets

Thread cleaned from a few sources of insults.

I have to remind everyone to remain calm, polite and constructive. Insults, snark and ad hominem won't make you more believable. However it will do a pretty good job at making you look like a terrible lifeform.

il y a 3 minutes, SHADOWZER057 a dit :

lifeform from what planet? :angel::clem:

Any. Doesn't matter.

7 hours ago, Sunder said:

Information regarding my perspective.

• Master Founder
  • MR25
  • Mostly caught up with login days (Getting that armour soon)

Major complains by the community

• Takes too long to get all the login rewards (daunting to new players, weekend players, those not dedicated enough to the system)
  • People caught up with logins feel the time invested would be for nothing if everyone got stuff too easily

DE's provided change WOULD ease up the wait for login rewards while still keeping some folks feeling that their collection of all items (sigils, equipment, weapons, mods) is exclusive for their time invested. Even if quite a few people just login/alt-f4/login/alt-f4/repeat. One problem however is to get all 3 weapons...is gonna take 500 days. At least. So the time-gate is still there. Logging in daily --even if just Alt-F4'ing afterwards, is still kind of a daily chore that if you miss a day? It feels like you're being left behind.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't typically jump on the Youtube partner bandwagon but user, "Shy" put it best I feel.

The milestone rewards should just go. Implement them into the game some other way. I know DE feels as though this is a way to get players to pop on once a day, maybe while they're doing that they check alerts or the sortie and play for a bit. But in the same way that Gabe Newell of Valve/Steam sees pirates, I think DE could see their player-base. He states that piracy is likely a result of bad service. That people will pirate games out of convenience and the like. Better service would equal actual paying customers. A more efficient system that would make pirating less convenient and more of a hassle.

In regards to DE....they're a great company with awesome people. They don't need some gimmick like a daily login to keep players coming back once a day. Specially with how much they've grown. If it's that much of an issue keeping players coming back? Then maybe DE needs to up their service to do so.

that is why I keep suggesting at least a bonus based on the age of your account, but keep, or even shorten the time between milestones. give some yearly prize ( to the account, not counting the game one) 

9 minutes ago, IcyJalapeno said:

Before we start switching days around. DE, you should give everyone their next upcoming Milestone, because you're altering days with some placement of stuff now, before dropping this whenever you're planning to release this.

Honestly as a Vet, Give the Weapons and Mods to Baro. Have Baro bring these login rewards every time he arrives. Baro already bring Prime Mods and Unique Weapons. So, why not. However, acquiring these weapons "now" no longer gives weapons slots and blue potato and costs ducats. Vets got their's free with bonus perks for being active, not "loyal", but active.

Login Rewards (Daily): Respectable amounts of Kuva / Endo / Rare Resoucre(s).  (W.I.B) the numbers, based MR or Days Logged In, whatever. But absolutely NO CREDITS. Relics (Any Currently Unvaulted). If are wanna keep Booster, for the love Space Mom, allow the time to only count while in missions, (actively using it) or atleast allow us to decide when to claim it to start the timer.

Login Milestone (Every X Days): Forma (x3), Potato Combo, Adapter (x2), Riven (Rando), Kuva (X,000), Endo (X,000), Vaulted Relic (x3). (W.I.B) the numbers.

Login Unique Milestone (Sigils, Cape, Armour)   Leave them day gated to each of their respected day counts. Every other game has unique items for major events, account anniversaries, game or player milestones. We only got: True Day Zero: (Founders Stuff), Primed Chamber (Unique Event).

I sill think that a bonus based on how old is your account would help a lot of veterans

45 minutes ago, RawrKitty said:

this is my life. 8y0nTCL.jpg

i have been a dedicated wf player since early early beta (i mean seriously my forum account id is under 5000 lol), i have a LOT of time in this game, i'm mr 25, but i have long periods of times where i cannot get to my computer, so this is why my account looks like right now (i have another 500+ hours in the game that were before steam integreation or even playtime tracking in-game) i think it's pretty safe to say that i'm part of the demographic you guys are trying to reward for dedication, yet i don't even have a primed fury, or vigor, or any of the fun weapons, my friends have all passed me by and there are a lot of fun melee builds i honestly can't do effectively, it's really frustrating to see mr 13 players running around with primed fury. If i could pay plat or just pay money at this point for them, i would - thats how frustrated i am with the current system.

how can you call this is fair? i love you, DE. but please, stop gating this type of S#&$ behind a horrible reward system that punishes dedicated players and rewards people who don't have jobs or have regular schedules - at least with prime chamber i can WORK for it. and sure, there's something to be said for overkill, you dont "need" any of these rewards, but by that logic you don't need more than 3 frames and 1 weapon set, warframe is a game about collection, and when you've reached the end of the road, collected every single warframe, every single weapon and everysingle mod in the game, all thats left for you to do is sit there and lament how you can't get the things you have wanted for 5 years because of a contrived system

so lets keep asking for a bonus based on the age of our account, it would help a lot of veterans

2 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

so lets keep asking for a bonus based on the age of our account, it would help a lot of veterans

i don't like that either. this isn't eve, i dont want to be better than anyone because i came here first. i want to have a nice thing over players because i worked for it. and ON that note, i dont think prestiege bonuses tied to combat advantages should EVER be a thing

Edited by RawrKitty
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RawrKitty said:

i don't like that either. this isn't eve, i dont want to be better than anyone because i came here first. i want to have a nice thing over players because i worked for it. and ON that note, i dont think prestiege bonuses tied to combat advantages should EVER be a thing

I wasn't talking about combat, but other things, like sigils and maybe new colors 

4 minutes ago, LupoDWolf said:

I sill think that a bonus based on how old is your account would help a lot of veterans

Old account doesn't equal playtime nor login days, 1 to 1 ratio. Everyone takes breaks, some people leave for a couple months while content drought is real, some people leave because a new game releases, and some people just quit. Could it be helpful when it comes to the daily login rewards, yes. But, the fact DE wiped all the days played by them and everyone else at the time to set back at day 0 with fresh new accounts shouldn't have happened. We can't do accounts by age, in any measurement. Account creation date, as I just explain above. In-game time, could any mix % of afk to actually active. Login days, the 2 mins to login and logout to continue the milestone progress.

Maybe it's just me, but almost every time I see someone state, "As a vet," I read it as "As your better".

Playing a game for free isn't support -- at least not more so than the cost of running the servers and services that allow you to play. Buying things with Plat or with real money is support and is the only thing that pays for development. That said, P2W is awful and shouldn't be supported, but the idea that a person got here first and, therefore, deserves some compensation doesn't really jive with the idea that you were playing a game the whole time. Calling for recognition of playtime is a call for having your "status" as better recognized.

And as we've seen from games like EVE Online and others that create a permanent tiered structure, it kills games. EVE could have been a great and popular game if it had been willing to make changes that would have pissed of our "betters" and actually made a game that was perceived to be fair.

DE, in general, does a great job of making it so that time played matters. MR test gatekeeping is relatively minor. The daily sortie isn't so rewarding that missing out on it is going to affect you too drastically. And since Rivens are luck-based new players can always convince themselves they might get lucky.

Any system that doesn't have a catch-up mechanism or a hard-cap like focus (meaning everyone will catch up eventually) means that new players will be discouraged by that system. And old players always leave. Life happens. Players get bored. Catering to an ever shrinking demographic is a bad idea. Any politician can tell you that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

Maybe it's just me, but almost every time I see someone state, "As a vet," I read it as "As your better".

Playing a game for free isn't support -- at least not more so than the cost of running the servers and services that allow you to play. Buying things with Plat or with real money is support and is the only thing that pays for development. That said, P2W is awful and shouldn't be supported, but the idea that a person got here first and, therefore, deserves some compensation doesn't really jive with the idea that you were playing a game the whole time. Calling for recognition of playtime is a call for having your "status" as better recognized.

And as we've seen from games like EVE Online and others that create a permanent tiered structure, it kills games. EVE could have been a great and popular game if it had been willing to make changes that would have pissed of our "betters" and actually made a game that was perceived to be fair.

DE, in general, does a great job of making it so that time played matters. MR test gatekeeping is relatively minor. The daily sortie isn't so rewarding that missing out on it is going to affect you too drastically. And since Rivens are luck-based new players can always convince themselves they might get lucky.

Any system that doesn't have a catch-up mechanism or a hard-cap like focus (meaning everyone will catch up eventually) means that new players will be discouraged by that system. And old players always leave. Life happens. Players get bored. Catering to an ever shrinking demographic is a bad idea. Any politician can tell you that.

I can understand the way you see "As a vet," I read it as "As your better". Because its been showing true lately. However, I would honestly like to Baro get them, because it removes the main debate point out of still flawed system.

"Does a great job of making it so that time played matters" Yes and No. (No) Login 1.0 wipe was just a uncalled for backhand to active players. (No) Proposed Changes at this time means, a day 100 player can get the currently set day 1000 player cosmetic reward. (Yes) MR Test and Locking Items (No) Our Current Rewards for being higher MR player is barely greater a new player. (No) ESO, the Vet game mode. Gets a new player mode, SO, to fix a lore error and dump a new frame into. (No) ESO and SO rewards are not that different, besides the weapons. (Yes) Unique Anniversary Weapons for All Players. Etc..

So I can kinda see it, nothing against you, but it kinda gets overshadowed by DE's decisions.

Honestly, if cosmetics were the only unique items on the login reward system there be no point needed for a catch up mechanic.