Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

We heard the same arguments from "Veterans™" when old event weapons were being re-released. No one promised that they wouldn't be re-released. No one promised that the login system wouldn't change. The game is still in beta.

But the thing that really kills me is when people threaten to quit over this. So much for "loyalty." Apparently all the new content coming out doesn't matter, as long as they get to have a few toys that they can hug to themselves and it's important that no one else gets to have them.

5 hours ago, JJames141 said:

So, what am I supposed to do? Not login for seven days until this change goes through? And that still doesn't address the fact that people like me are over 500days behind with no form of catch up in sight when it's getting more and more needed the longer it goes on

needed?

primed mods are for veterans after that extra kick, regular version will sufice, weapons don't change the outcome of your current efficincy in missions and cosmetics are well, cosmetics.

And there is a "catch up" mechanic, all you need is to login in the same way other player have, if we have logged on 1000 times, then so should you, assuming you even want everything, i for example don't need certain login prime rewards and certain sigils make previous sigils rather irrelevant, if you have the same mentality then you probably need less 100 or 200 login to get everything you want.

Now if you trully want everything, including sigils you won't use (because they are needed right) then you must login as much as everyone else, deal with it

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

Anfd there is a "catch up" mechanic, all you need is to login in the same way other player have, if we have logged on 1000 times, then so should you

I would be willing to login 1000 times, but that's not the argument. The core point of contention is the waiting. You and others are saying, "wait 2 to 3 years, that's what we did". But upon waiting 2-3 years everyone who was 2-3 years ahead is still 2-3 years ahead with new weapons and mods. It's still a tiered system with no catch-up mechanism which is demoralizing for people who want the chance to catch up. I haven't seen a lot of "gimme, gimme, gimme" statements coming from the "catch up" crowd. It's mostly that they want a way to earn the items that doesn't involve waiting longer than the game may even be alive.

For those that didn't start with the new login system (or within 100 days of it) there will always be at least one significant item that they can never get because there will be new items (barring if DE stops making significant rewards). In-before-you mechanics are bad. It's bad enough that founder rewards are unattainable but I get that they have to honor that promise of exclusivity.

This system is just unnecessary. Give Baro the weapons and mods and keep the tribute to evergreen rewards.

8 hours ago, andrewd084 said:

I think it is obvious to DE, which is why they want to rework it. They've even said in devstreams that they weren't really thinking about what kinds of things they were going to add on day 1000 - it was just a simple reward system when it started out, and it wasn't too bad at day 50, or even 100.

It's pretty obvious to anyone (except maybe the irrationally covetous players who feel "screwed" by someone else getting access to a mod in this non-competitive game?) that this type of system doesn't work once we start getting into years, especially for new and returning players.

I agree completely, but if you read their changes it doesn't actually address this in any way which leads me to believe they have no problem with the system despite the obvious problems. The fact that they're not actually changing the system just letting people pick their rewards speaks volumes about how tone deaf DE can be about certain things. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)FurryZenJustice said:

This system is just unnecessary. Give Baro the weapons and mods and keep the tribute to evergreen rewards.

In the end this is the only fair option. You let anyone who has earned those rewards keep them, they become tradable under the rules of baro's items (only unranked weapons are tradable/primed mods have a 1 mil credit tax), and Baro adds them in his future rotations.

At that point DE can do whatever they want with the login system as it would not affect player strength or mastery rank. And even the veterans had a long period of exclusivity, just like event rewards so there is no reason to complain.

This also lets DE keep adding rewards for players that hit X,000 logins without making new players feel handicapped. Instead it would be a true badge of honor that only the players that have played every day could attain.

3 hours ago, KIREEK said:

needed?

primed mods are for veterans after that extra kick, regular version will sufice, weapons don't change the outcome of your current efficincy in missions and cosmetics are well, cosmetics.

And there is a "catch up" mechanic, all you need is to login in the same way other player have, if we have logged on 1000 times, then so should you, assuming you even want everything, i for example don't need certain login prime rewards and certain sigils make previous sigils rather irrelevant, if you have the same mentality then you probably need less 100 or 200 login to get everything you want.

Now if you trully want everything, including sigils you won't use (because they are needed right) then you must login as much as everyone else, deal with it

A. That isn't a catch up mechanic. A catch up mechanic would allow me, and all other players, to constantly close the gap to the current max amount of days logged in rather than constantly being 200, 300, 400 etc days behind the newest reward on the table.

B. I don't care for the sigils, never have and never will. Hell, I wouldn't be annoyed with this system if it was all cosmetics, but it's not. There are mods and weapons, MR, locked behind this system. I personally am missing only Brakk, Zenith and Sigma from weapons to start ranking up, I'm MR23 btw, and yet will have to wait over half a year just to get a single weapon.

So please, stop being an elitest and realise that an attitude like that, and a system like the current login rewards, is far far more damaging for the game than actually fixing it and annoying people who've done nothing but login and log back out again day after day, and expect to be listened to because they never had life get in the way of logging in, or have felt so burnt out they don't want to even launch the game

why do we need this? don't tell me ppl can't play without a zenistar, or a zenith, or one of the mods? there are hundreds of weapons and thousands of mods, why do they need to catch up with those weapons anyways? i don't care about being a vet or prestige, but those rewards is what reminds me that i've been playing warframe even in the hardest times. But anyways, i know u can't go back now, cause you already announced, you don't screw the new players. But! [DE] you better come up with some REAL and really good endgame to compensate this "screw you vets" daily login...

19 minutes ago, Ramlethal_SigN said:

why do we need this? don't tell me ppl can't play without a zenistar, or a zenith, or one of the mods? there are hundreds of weapons and thousands of mods, why do they need to catch up with those weapons anyways? i don't care about being a vet or prestige, but those rewards is what reminds me that i've been playing warframe even in the hardest times. But anyways, i know u can't go back now, cause you already announced, you don't screw the new players. But! [DE] you better come up with some REAL and really good endgame to compensate this "screw you vets" daily login...

Veterans were playing for over 2 years before logins were even a thing. And you know what we got for our 'effort' back then? Nothing. Sorry, I don't feel bad for you and I look forward to DE making login rewards better for new players.

Removal of all Mods and Weapons from Daily Tribute is the only right thing to do now. Add a Alert Token System that let us buy Login Mods and Weapons every Alert completed grants 1 Token, E.g. 75 Token to buy Primed Vigor. That way Players can earn these Items and Common Resource Alerts have a reason to be completed.

All you new players and vets are a bunch of idiots. You don't see the big picture if they go trough with this you could kiss your zenistar goodbye. De is natorious for nerfing S#&$ the weapon is the main key it what everybody wants. Damn if you can't see it look what they did in the pass weapon and warframes got nerf. Maiming strike, blood rush , weeping wounds all dat bullS#&$ we farm is down drain. All of you are sitting here bickering and *@##$ing like lil schoolgirls you need get your emotion check out. I don't care if you new , in the middle or a vet you are ruining the got damn game for everyone who plays the game.   

3 minutes ago, (PS4)djefferson061 said:

All you new players and vets are a bunch of idiots. You don't see the big picture if they go trough with this you could kiss your zenistar goodbye. De is natorious for nerfing S#&$ the weapon is the main key it what everybody wants. Damn if you can't see it look what they did in the pass weapon and warframes got nerf. Maiming strike, blood rush , weeping wounds all dat bullS#&$ we farm is down drain. All of you are sitting here bickering and *@##$ing like lil schoolgirls you need get your emotion check out. I don't care if you new , in the middle or a vet you are ruining the got damn game for everyone who plays the game.   

Any system that rewards players with power isn't a fair system. If you were MR 29, and the ONLY thing standing in your way to MR 30 was a weapon locked behind a wait wall, would you find that fair? Maybe you would, since Mastery isn't something really worth while yet. But what if MR 30 unlocked Raids? Or what if MR 30 unlocked the Ceres Open World? When a system with no catch-up rewards players with something another person has to wait for, that system needs to be removed.

So what if Zenistar is nerfed? Tonkor was nerfed, and not many complain about that still. We can't keep using Zenistar either. I'm of the mindset that "If Item A exists and is better than Item B, why should I use Item B?", so I know where this comes from. But items come and go constantly, which is a good thing. If Tonkor was still pre-nerf stats, would people use future launchers? Tonkor, as much as I hate the nerf (Well, only the self-damaging part honestly), needed the hit to incentivise use of other weapons.

Like with Arcane Helms in alerts, Mods and Weapons should be removed from this system. Daily Tribute should be used for cosmetics, item parts/materials, and such. Leave things that affect gameplay out of this wait wall. Arcane Helms affected builds for the longest time, until we got Arcane Enchantments, so it stands to reason that a Mod or Weapon that affects a build or loadout should be available though normal progression. You can still reward valuable things through milestones, but they shouldn't be gameplay related. Exclusive ship cosmetics, exclusive pet armors, or even alternate artworks of mods. Milestones should be "Hey, look at me and how loyal I am!" not "Hey, look at me and how powerful I am!".

1 hour ago, JJames141 said:

A. That isn't a catch up mechanic. A catch up mechanic would allow me, and all other players, to constantly close the gap to the current max amount of days logged in rather than constantly being 200, 300, 400 etc days behind the newest reward on the table.

B. I don't care for the sigils, never have and never will. Hell, I wouldn't be annoyed with this system if it was all cosmetics, but it's not. There are mods and weapons, MR, locked behind this system. I personally am missing only Brakk, Zenith and Sigma from weapons to start ranking up, I'm MR23 btw, and yet will have to wait over half a year just to get a single weapon.

So please, stop being an elitest and realise that an attitude like that, and a system like the current login rewards, is far far more damaging for the game than actually fixing it and annoying people who've done nothing but login and log back out again day after day, and expect to be listened to because they never had life get in the way of logging in, or have felt so burnt out they don't want to even launch the game

if you don't care for sigils then you already need less logins to get everything you want

I'm a MR16 player, a dam good one, that's because mastery isn't my goal, for me a player's needs regarding missing exp for MR don't really matter, i understand the concern to some extent, but not the "need" as if the fun is being locked out.

1 minute ago, KIREEK said:

if you don't care for sigils then you already need less logins to get everything you want

I'm a MR16 player, a dam good one, that's because mastery isn't my goal, for me a player's needs regarding missing exp for MR don't really matter, i understand the concern to some extent, but not the "need" as if the fun is being locked out.

Nope, because I HAVE to take the sigils, I don't get a choice in that matter. As for fun being locked out, well, Sigma and Zenith, from what I've seen, are extremely fun weapons to use, Shred and Fury make weapons even more fun with punch through, fire rate and attack speed, Fury especially when using a Valkyr with War Cry, and that's locked behind 200 days logging in, nearly a full year before someone can get it. If I was starting out right now, I'd be turned back not by the grind, not by the more than slightly confusing beginning mission, but simply by the fact that there is over 3 years worth of content that I'm straight up locked out of, because I only just found this game.

Sounds like it will be a nifty way to skip straight to the cosmetics. Since these login milestones will be categories, will new items be put in under weapons or sigils or cosmetics? Those who haven't hit 1000 have choices, but the tenno further out only have the option for a single new thing or an "evergreen" pack. Like with the occasional updates of those items to the base game, it'd be nice to see a few extra things added to this new system.

Bro i understand where you coming from i hear you man. When i play i play for fun i dont worry about mastery rank you are right.  Im not here to talk about my mastery rank im not here to brag. I level up then stop when i started to see the community go back and forth new players and vets. So tell me is the new login is it the right thing to do because of a weapon a new players wants. I did 156 login days and login in everday playing the game . I earn what i achieve we all have to go trough it i started from the bottom like you have. here is something you now know i didn't get the weapon yet. Tell me something if this update launch tomorrow or next week or two before my next reward the zenistar. Is it right for me or other players who probably have the same fate to wait for another 100 days. We don't know if the login system will push us back from the days we already did to get the reward. The new players and vets are the one to blame for this to screw other players. Oh i forgot De too because they left it in the game for too long but all you cherish them.  

Here's an idea. Remember the Stolen gifts of the lotus alerts you guys do during the anniversary of the game? Why not just put all login weapons in similar alert types (lvl 99 survivals and whatnot for the  higher tier ones for example) and let Baro Ki'Tears bring the primed login mods,  and leave the login rewards as they are with only glyphs and cosmetics showing the player dedication. This way you'll achieve:

A) No timegating MR fodder thus no salty weekend warriors or newbs who can't log in every day for 3 years to get the stuff

B) Satisfy basement no lifers who do nothing else but play games all day, so they get to show off their fancy XXXXXX day reward cosmetic to anyone who cares. (I'm one of those)

I don't like the fact you can't rush on a specific category of objects, it's a problem shared by both actual and future systems.

Why not refresh the whole system using techniques you already choosen before and that made there proofs among the community : like the ambulas/meteor event system, where we had the possibility to spare the fruits of our labor as we wish.

We could receive two token every day (along with actual rewards), that we could exchange for what we really want in a shop.
It could be introduced with Fortuna, it could even make the mini choice-game more "human". I loved the idea of Komi mini-game in the Sacrifice quest, why not add the same kind of features with a character that makes you play a three card game (in a similar way to Harrow quest).
(Something like a pirate blackmarket would be REALLY appreciated, but it could also fit with the gipsy look of ostrons)

The interactivity with this character, and simply the fact to go in this shop would mean harvest your investment and result in a much better accomplishment feeling.

It would also answer two other things reported here, the first is the not-milestone days reward problem. They are cheap, then, for those who want more, add a possiblity to redo the minigame, in a double or nothing mode.
And the second one, for those who want to rush through the 50 days, give the choice discard the reward to get another token. That would reduce the 50 days to 33 days if you discard every time, it's a fair sacrifice and could only reduce the 1000 days to 660 on the better case.

What are you thinking about it?
I apologize for my spelling, I wish it will not make my ideas unclear and reduce the post visibility, nor make you cry blood tears.

EDIT : Submitted suggestion on Reddit

5 hours ago, plznohurtme said:

I agree completely, but if you read their changes it doesn't actually address this in any way which leads me to believe they have no problem with the system despite the obvious problems. The fact that they're not actually changing the system just letting people pick their rewards speaks volumes about how tone deaf DE can be about certain things. 

What I meant was that it's hard for them to implement any real changes (with this or.. honestly, any system in the game that needs to be improved/scrapped/reworked) because of that group of players who are too wrapped up in their own sense of entitlement to see the problem. DE has always been extremely sensitive to how their changes impact players who've already invested in the things they're altering, and in this case that includes a higher proportion of those bitter "veterans" than usual.

If only 10% of them are the ones who see an MR5 player and get mad that someone else has the gall to play their game and have fun with things they had to wait years for (you noobs are only playing this game now because it's good, you monsters), they're a vanishingly small minority of players affected by, say, Melee 3.0. But they're a significant portion of players who are sitting at day ~900 right now.

Glad to see that you guys are moving away from the trading idea, but kinda seems like we will not get anything new after the 1000th days milestone not that it matters tbh because now people won't have to wait as much to get the weapons which takes away a big part of what made them special to begin with (hence why people want them because let's be honest apart from the zenistar all the login weapons are just "ok" compared to primes and other normal/special weapons) they will become like any other "special" weapon but not being tradeable as the "special" part, as for the lodestar syandana it's the same as the login sigils ugly and rarely fits on any frame and the armor will be very likely the same, atleast i won't have to worry about login in as much as i used to 🙂

On 2018-08-21 at 8:45 PM, tripletriple said:

Buffing his energy?? Do you have a source for that? I hope they are.

Ok listen. Dont u be like that. excal prime is fine, and founders be complaining left n rite for no reason. Ive paid more that any founder paid on his/her "exclusive pack" . Dont support this. Live with er exclusive stuff and let us console players play with Umbra in peace!

TBH this is gonna make some veterans frustrated.

I thought Tribute rewards are more of a proof to show how long a player has kept playing. Say you met a player in mission and saw his lodestar syandana. Then you can immediately tell that he was from the old days when the daily login system was implemented. Let's be realistic, Tribute weapons are not as powerful as other prime weapons in the game. So why bother confusing newcomers when you can just make login milestones a souvenir or a medal to prove how long you've been playing (or how long you've been logging in). 

46 minutes ago, jerrysimon said:

TBH this is gonna make some veterans frustrated.

I thought Tribute rewards are more of a proof to show how long a player has kept playing. Say you met a player in mission and saw his lodestar syandana. Then you can immediately tell that he was from the old days when the daily login system was implemented. Let's be realistic, Tribute weapons are not as powerful as other prime weapons in the game. So why bother confusing newcomers when you can just make login milestones a souvenir or a medal to prove how long you've been playing (or how long you've been logging in). 

You've never used the sigma before then

Archived