[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

Sounds like it will be a nifty way to skip straight to the cosmetics. Since these login milestones will be categories, will new items be put in under weapons or sigils or cosmetics? Those who haven't hit 1000 have choices, but the tenno further out only have the option for a single new thing or an "evergreen" pack. Like with the occasional updates of those items to the base game, it'd be nice to see a few extra things added to this new system.

Bro i understand where you coming from i hear you man. When i play i play for fun i dont worry about mastery rank you are right.  Im not here to talk about my mastery rank im not here to brag. I level up then stop when i started to see the community go back and forth new players and vets. So tell me is the new login is it the right thing to do because of a weapon a new players wants. I did 156 login days and login in everday playing the game . I earn what i achieve we all have to go trough it i started from the bottom like you have. here is something you now know i didn't get the weapon yet. Tell me something if this update launch tomorrow or next week or two before my next reward the zenistar. Is it right for me or other players who probably have the same fate to wait for another 100 days. We don't know if the login system will push us back from the days we already did to get the reward. The new players and vets are the one to blame for this to screw other players. Oh i forgot De too because they left it in the game for too long but all you cherish them.  

Edited by (PS4)djefferson061

Here's an idea. Remember the Stolen gifts of the lotus alerts you guys do during the anniversary of the game? Why not just put all login weapons in similar alert types (lvl 99 survivals and whatnot for the  higher tier ones for example) and let Baro Ki'Tears bring the primed login mods,  and leave the login rewards as they are with only glyphs and cosmetics showing the player dedication. This way you'll achieve:

A) No timegating MR fodder thus no salty weekend warriors or newbs who can't log in every day for 3 years to get the stuff

B) Satisfy basement no lifers who do nothing else but play games all day, so they get to show off their fancy XXXXXX day reward cosmetic to anyone who cares. (I'm one of those)

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

I don't like the fact you can't rush on a specific category of objects, it's a problem shared by both actual and future systems.

Why not refresh the whole system using techniques you already choosen before and that made there proofs among the community : like the ambulas/meteor event system, where we had the possibility to spare the fruits of our labor as we wish.

We could receive two token every day (along with actual rewards), that we could exchange for what we really want in a shop.
It could be introduced with Fortuna, it could even make the mini choice-game more "human". I loved the idea of Komi mini-game in the Sacrifice quest, why not add the same kind of features with a character that makes you play a three card game (in a similar way to Harrow quest).
(Something like a pirate blackmarket would be REALLY appreciated, but it could also fit with the gipsy look of ostrons)

The interactivity with this character, and simply the fact to go in this shop would mean harvest your investment and result in a much better accomplishment feeling.

It would also answer two other things reported here, the first is the not-milestone days reward problem. They are cheap, then, for those who want more, add a possiblity to redo the minigame, in a double or nothing mode.
And the second one, for those who want to rush through the 50 days, give the choice discard the reward to get another token. That would reduce the 50 days to 33 days if you discard every time, it's a fair sacrifice and could only reduce the 1000 days to 660 on the better case.

What are you thinking about it?
I apologize for my spelling, I wish it will not make my ideas unclear and reduce the post visibility, nor make you cry blood tears.

EDIT : Submitted suggestion on Reddit

Edited by Hey_RawZ
Removed misunderstanding parts

5 hours ago, plznohurtme said:

I agree completely, but if you read their changes it doesn't actually address this in any way which leads me to believe they have no problem with the system despite the obvious problems. The fact that they're not actually changing the system just letting people pick their rewards speaks volumes about how tone deaf DE can be about certain things. 

What I meant was that it's hard for them to implement any real changes (with this or.. honestly, any system in the game that needs to be improved/scrapped/reworked) because of that group of players who are too wrapped up in their own sense of entitlement to see the problem. DE has always been extremely sensitive to how their changes impact players who've already invested in the things they're altering, and in this case that includes a higher proportion of those bitter "veterans" than usual.

If only 10% of them are the ones who see an MR5 player and get mad that someone else has the gall to play their game and have fun with things they had to wait years for (you noobs are only playing this game now because it's good, you monsters), they're a vanishingly small minority of players affected by, say, Melee 3.0. But they're a significant portion of players who are sitting at day ~900 right now.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see that you guys are moving away from the trading idea, but kinda seems like we will not get anything new after the 1000th days milestone not that it matters tbh because now people won't have to wait as much to get the weapons which takes away a big part of what made them special to begin with (hence why people want them because let's be honest apart from the zenistar all the login weapons are just "ok" compared to primes and other normal/special weapons) they will become like any other "special" weapon but not being tradeable as the "special" part, as for the lodestar syandana it's the same as the login sigils ugly and rarely fits on any frame and the armor will be very likely the same, atleast i won't have to worry about login in as much as i used to 🙂

On 2018-08-21 at 8:45 PM, tripletriple said:

Buffing his energy?? Do you have a source for that? I hope they are.

Ok listen. Dont u be like that. excal prime is fine, and founders be complaining left n rite for no reason. Ive paid more that any founder paid on his/her "exclusive pack" . Dont support this. Live with er exclusive stuff and let us console players play with Umbra in peace!

TBH this is gonna make some veterans frustrated.

I thought Tribute rewards are more of a proof to show how long a player has kept playing. Say you met a player in mission and saw his lodestar syandana. Then you can immediately tell that he was from the old days when the daily login system was implemented. Let's be realistic, Tribute weapons are not as powerful as other prime weapons in the game. So why bother confusing newcomers when you can just make login milestones a souvenir or a medal to prove how long you've been playing (or how long you've been logging in). 

Edited by jerrysimon

I've been playing for 4 years... Past 6 months I've been running a double resourse booster... Can I PLEASE STOP GETTING "RARE" RESOURSES 

I have more than I'll ever need... 

46 minutes ago, jerrysimon said:

TBH this is gonna make some veterans frustrated.

I thought Tribute rewards are more of a proof to show how long a player has kept playing. Say you met a player in mission and saw his lodestar syandana. Then you can immediately tell that he was from the old days when the daily login system was implemented. Let's be realistic, Tribute weapons are not as powerful as other prime weapons in the game. So why bother confusing newcomers when you can just make login milestones a souvenir or a medal to prove how long you've been playing (or how long you've been logging in). 

You've never used the sigma before then

To be honest the whole tribute idea is not bad by itself, however its not realistic either.

Rewards appear at every 50th day. Player then must login every single day without ever missing even one in order to have been able to keep get all rewards. I highly doubt that the players that achieved that are many. And the more you miss or the later you join warframe, the more disconnected you are with the system.

I guess thats the whole idea of this whole workshop - to fix this up a little bit.

So how about keep this split in the categories they - weapons and mods being one after another with cosmetics/utility being in between all of them - but also introduce progressions scaling so people can catch up with it?

Keep new milestones comming up at every 50 days, but allow players to get their rewards faster until they exaust all possible ones. At every 30 days, or even better at 50-<player mastery rank>, so at MR25 that would be every 25 days.

Nice. Now give Azima to those, who didn't know back then it's unique, sold it, realized and been refused to return because of how late it was. I was one of those. Thank you.

Wow I never foresaw this topic was going to be such a storm... I'd like to bring in my views as a newish middle tier player as I did in Brozime's video about it:

I really think the ethos of the game should be that any thing that affects gameplay significantly should be obtainable through gameplay. I think DE made a mistake when they included weapons and mods exclusive to the tribute system, specially when some of them are meta defining. Your power should be defined by how much you've played and how well you've played but going through the effort of keeping Warframe in your life and remembering to check in with the game every day of course deserves a reward. 

Proposed solution: Remove all gameplay items from the reward table and make them available in game gated behind any appropiate system you'd like and put prestige cosmetic items instead. Then, retroactively give all the new reward items to the people who have already reached the milestones since the system was implemented.

Now, people who are days away from the zenistar just got very mad at me, so it would also be necessary to allow people who are, say 10 days away or less of a gameplay reward to purchase get it easily.

Disclaimer: I'm 245 days in, 800h MR19 at the moment of writing this, so I'm not eligible for any of the criteria above and my propsal comes from zero emotional attachment.

Other thoughts/What I've experienced so far is: I love the sigils, they're beautiful and a badge of honor and they put a smile in my face when I get them. The difference between having primed fury and not having it is way larger than I imagined before having it and I don't understand why something that affects gameplay at that scale is not obtainable playing the game. I've heard zenistar and primed shred are similar in that regard. 

Honestly I hope we'll find a solution that makes everyone happy soon. 

Thanks for reading!

• Applause 2

I am a veteran I have well over 2000 hours, I have been here since U7.

I find the hottakes about "the Scandal" that is the new login rewards system to be ... strange. Just strange and wierdly upset about a system that was not that great to begin with. Does it really matter that you have the Sigma&Octantis and someone else doesn't. Who will notice it anyways. I dont check the other loadouts in Public matches to find rare things to be envious about. I never bought the Excalibur Prime Founderspack. It does not cripple my gameplay experience that my collection is missing a single Warframe (and now I have a Umbra aswell).

Why are some folks so upset about a system that is peripheral and is going from kinda meh to kinda meh?

I dont care about the new login reward system being opened up to pretty much everyone. It is and always has been an awful way to introduce prestige anyway. Also nooen will have everything Immediately. Some people sound like they have to share their Villas with a vagrant all of a sudden.

It is exclusionary, it is tedious and it provides no real value. and some of the rewards are terrible (hello "Primed Surefooted"). I'd much rather have the new system and some real prestige rooted in actual gameplay. Something that says "you are awesome" that does not require me to log in every day.

I would love to see a system that rewards and supports newer players much more than the veterans. I know that I love this game. I dont need 80 Endo to come back every day. A new player however might need an extra warframe slot or a reactor instead of 10000 credits that he does not know what to spend on.

Would a better login reward system be nice? Sure! But this is neither the untimate betrayal nor the ultimate answer. I feel it is far from both.

Edited by thebrainbrain
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, thebrainbrain said:

I am a veteran I have well over 2000 hours, I have been here since U7.

I find the hottakes about "the Scandal" that is the new login rewards system to be ... strange. Just strange and wierdly upset about a system that was not that great to begin with. Does it really matter that you have the Sigma&Octantis and someone else doesn't. Who will notice it anyways. I dont check the other loadouts in Public matches to find rare things to be envious about. I never bought the Excalibur Prime Founderspack. It does not cripple my gameplay experience that my collection is missing a single Warframe (and now I have a Umbra aswell).

Why are some folks so upset about a system that is peripheral and is going from kinda meh to kinda meh?

I dont care about the new login reward system being opened up to pretty much everyone. It is and always has been an awful way to introduce prestige anyway. Also nooen will have everything Immediately. Some people sound like they have to share their Villas with a vagrant all of a sudden.

It is exclusionary, it is tedious and it provides no real value. and some of the rewards are terrible (hello "Primed Surefooted"). I'd much rather have the new system and some real prestige rooted in actual gameplay. Something that says "you are awesome" that does not require me to log in every day.

I would love to see a system that rewards and supports newer players much more than the veterans. I know that I love this game. I dont need 80 Endo to come back every day. A new player however might need an extra warframe slot or a reactor instead of 10000 credits that he does not know what to spend on.

Would a better login reward system be nice? Sure! But this is neither the untimate betrayal nor the ultimate answer. I feel it is far from both.

This^. I think login rewards should be Warframe slots, Weapon slots, and Orokin Reactors. In my experience Orokin Reactors have a way too low drop chance. I've been playing for a while now, and I don't know if my game is glitched or I'm simply just the unluckiest person in the world, but I'm not getting any Orokin Reactors at all. No alerts that offer them. None from Sorties. Nothing. This is severely crippling the mod potential of my Warframes. At this point it looks like the only way for me to get Orokin Reactors is by spending Platinum. 😞

Is there some other way to obtain Orokin Reactors that I'm not aware of? Can you get them from Bounties? I guess I'm just going to have to Forma every slot of all of my Warframes in order to fit in the mods that I want to use. 😞

As a 1500 hour veteran... I also don't get the issue.

Let younger players have cool stuff. I don't log in for years for a weapon - I log in to play.

If more players can partake in the awesomeness of looking like me (for I am the pinnacle of a mediocre player who has too much time to play and not a lot of skill)... good for them?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

As a 1500 hour veteran... I also don't get the issue.

Let younger players have cool stuff. I don't log in for years for a weapon - I log in to play.

If more players can partake in the awesomeness of looking like me (for I am the pinnacle of a mediocre player who has too much time to play and not a lot of skill)... good for them?

game is huge ther's a lot of cool stuff out there for this "younger players" 

damn issue is they want everything as fast as possible and keep cry loud about it all the time

whats next focus trees and syndicates or will they even ask for the mythical exc prime

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

I find the complaints don't come from true veterans. They are people who logged in for the past two, maybe three years. The old vets will remember when the idea of trading was a far off thought. The old vets will remember how exciting solar conflicts and alliances were. The old vets will remember when the only bows in the game were the dread and paris set. The new popularity with Warframe is nice, but I don't want people to forget the wonderful relationship we have with DE, the fun sharing and supportive nature of the Warframe community, and the times when we were uncertain if we'd even have Warframe later down the line. I hope the crank and entitled minority shrinks. Playing for two years doesn't make you a vet. Heck, being a vet doesn't even make you a vet. Being a vet is having that vet mindset.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)NachoZissou said:

Big fuss over nothing in my opinion. 

Yeah. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Dead_End895 said:

This^. I think login rewards should be Warframe slots, Weapon slots, and Orokin Reactors

No. 

22 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

I don't log in for years for a weapon - I log in to play

Haven't been around as long as you, but yeah. 

Just now, HIGHDAMAGE said:

damn issue is they want everything as fast as possible and keep cry loud about it all the time

That's funny. At the moment, those who are crying out loud are the veterans.

All squealing, coming both from greedy newbies and from stingy veterans, still sounds like squealing.

7 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

whats next focus trees and syndicates or will they even ask for the mythical exc prime

Remember how some time ago, with ESO, some veterans cried that this was a huge slap in their face and the worse thing to ever happen because now even newbies could have full Focus and all of that? I remember quite a number of "veterans" crying.

After a couple of months, nobody even cares. That's how much it affected the game. Same with the login system.

Also, I don't see why you say "even ask for the mythical exc prime" as if that was unthinkable. There has probably been one such thread popping up every week for the last 5 years. "Asking for the mythical exc prime" is basically a Forum must, at this point.

• Applause 1

DE,

Why not make another set of items(weapons, cosmetics, etc) and put it within intervals of the current milestone. Just like you guys make people forget about Excalibur Prime with Umbra. Thus new players get their new weapons n cosmetics n veterans have the thing they've been waiting for years. And it will reduce the intervals between milestones. so players will be attracted to it more. But please keep the current milestones items prestige for players who hv been logging in for soooo long time.

TLDR: Just add new items within intervals

Login reward = redundant = superfluous 

Even discussing dis is the same. What sort of value this brings to the game? Is this the game of the logins?
I seriously don't care AT all about peanuts. And personally I think there's more important things (Crashes, eidolon hunt BUGS and wf stuck etc).

login rewards brings NOTHING to the game, despiste the charts (is this all about charts?). For me DE failed like never did before. If they want to bring new people there's more important and urgent issues.

• Haha 1

The issue is that literally every other game has timed exclusive reawrds,  or rewards you get for hard work and only hard work.  They make you feel like youre rewarded for supporting their games by letting you show off, even if its just looks.  

How many other games have you logged into as a newbie and been awed by someones glowy flashy armor and weapons.  All the ones ive played at least.  

Warframe had that and now it doesnt.  Every event has had its prestigous weapons tossed out for the taking to any newbie now. All event mods have been rereleased with the exception of primed chamber (weirdly)  and the login rewards really are the last of the things people who have played the game consistantly for a long time can show for it, and theyre giving the newbies those too.  

• Haha 2