[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Players didn't care about Excal Prime because it was a tiny increase while Founders should be outright furious over Excal Umbra who can muster over twice the eHP of Excal Prime let alone normal Excal.

Ahhhhh but it's soooooo rare. Which I'm told always has a value and purpose in video games. 😁 Can't have it both ways mate, pick a line and stick with it

An excellent point. It seems very strange to complain about something now being rare anymore because rarity is important, and then also to say that excal prime is worthless despite his rarity. Seems like some people just want to complain about stuff and don't really have a concrete idea of what they're complaining about. Most of these complaints seem to come down to "I don't feel as superior to new players as I want to and that makes me angry." Whatever happened to just enjoying the game, regardless of whether other people have the same stuff that you do? When did that stop being important?

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

Some tiny white unrecognisable sigals for your shoulders?

But they're raaaaaaaaareeeeeeeee!

1 hour ago, LuckyCharm said:

you can have your looks carbon copied by literally anyone who buys the same things you did

Isn't this how things generally work? If they get the same stuff you did, they can look the same. Very deep. Much wow.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)GameHood82 said:

Well after 2200+ hours play time , I'm pretty sure i understand the system , do u ?

Jumping up to seek justice for some youtubers out there who just want some content to make videos about is a bit naive . 

Locking content behind login system is not healthy practice for any game , but seeing DE trying to improve this system and make this content 

more accessible for more players is of course a welcomed change . 

The thing is this system is not a improvement for new or old players. Because it destroys any progress we have had because of the new way the rewards are given and any long term commitment worth there ever was to this system.

On 2018-08-21 at 5:49 PM, BabyPhon said:

So i need to wait another 130 days for primed sure footed which was suppose on day 900 now become 1000? i should be get it in 1 month according to current system tho, It's 4 months more, even tho many people think it useless mods, but i want it and quite anticipating it and you increase it to 4 more months that's not fair, how about applying this change after people get past their current milestone?

Or

How about making old+new login existing together, so for example on day 900, we can choose 1 from either primed sure footed (old login) or weapons/equipments (new login)?

Technically P. Sure Footed would be day 800, so you've missed it entirely. 😄

So you'd still have to wait 130 day for it.

23 minutes ago, TheFatDrake said:

Technically P. Sure Footed would be day 800, so you've missed it entirely. 😄

So you'd still have to wait 130 day for it.

Primed sure footed is on day 900 at current login system and i'm now at 870-ish, if new login implemented it will be pushed back, if it's not i'll get it in around 30 days, so how come i've missed it?

Edited by BabyPhon

3 hours ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

did u just compare warframe dedication with military service and #$@&% Vietnam iyPE5T8.gif

These gamers are fighting over who is a veteran and what they deserve, so yeah, I went there.

• Woah 1

At this point, I don't even look forward to the login system anymore...I'm done caring at this point. Do whatever, make it buggy, make it unfair, make it fair, or make it better for the veterans, whatever. I just don't care anymore, I'm sick and tired of hearing about all of this, in regards to the daily tribute, already. It's not like it was ever game changing or anything. I'm sorry but at this point, I have to be pessimistic about the future of this game and its community based from my experiences.

Edited by CrystalSpark

Can we have Resources be ONLY: Forma, Orokin Catalyst, Orokin Reactor, Endo, Nitain, Kuva, Orokin Cell? like can we remove these basic ass resource like Tellurium and Nano Spores and Plastids and get something that someone doesnt get just from some random easy mission.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Bonedit said:

Can we have Resources be ONLY: Forma, Orokin Catalyst, Orokin Reactor, Endo, Nitain, Kuva, Orokin Cell? like can we remove these basic ass resource like Tellurium and Nano Spores and Plastids and get something that someone doesnt get just from some random easy mission.

I would support removing these for players over MR 10 or so. New players may actually want these, but for everyone else getting these is essentially getting nothing at all. But then, what would we replace them with...

• Upvote 2

On 2018-08-21 at 3:58 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

You may recall us confirming back in Devstream #100 that we are looking at changing how the Daily Tribute system works. 15 Devstreams later, we had mockups to show, and we relied too much on recall of that 100th Devstream to properly explain the changes, so here’s a write up of two parts: the Scaling day-to-day, and the Milestones!

Scaling Day-to-day:

In the current Daily Tribute system, the day to day rewards have very little scaling. There was two tiers of rewards, so for example, the lower Endo reward was 50 Endo, and the higher was 80. And then we decided if you got lower or higher based on Mastery Rank times 5%. So a Mastery Rank 10 player would have a 50/50 chance and a Mastery Rank 20 player would be guaranteed to get the higher reward. Which isn’t much scaling at all.

On the new system it now scales based on the amount of days you have logged on. They increase by 25% for every 50 days. So for the example of Endo, the starting value will be 50 Endo, someone at 400 days, will get 3x the rewards as someone just starting, 150 Endo. For the veterans on day 900, it would be 275 Endo. This is just free Endo for logging in that now scales better - we know that’s not headline news, but it is better.

MR

Old Endo Average

Days

New Endo Average

It’s largely the 50 day intervals that are under discussion, so let’s take a look at the changes there:

Milestones:

For Daily Tribute milestone rewards, we’ve divided them into three separate categories that will appear at the intervals listed below:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

Includes packs like Sigil, Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 200, 400, 600, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc. 100, 300, 500, etc.

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

Under some amount of debate is also Milestone rewards such as Primed Mods and Weapons, being tradable. At this time, we are removing this from the plan.

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

So stay tuned all, hopefully this clarifies the current plan!

EDIT - 2:31 PM EST
After reading your feedback, we are switching the tracks for Primed Mods and Weapons/Equipment to respect current milestones. The main post has been edited to reflect this change, here's the list of updated tracks for posterity:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

2. Weapons and Equipment. Days 100, 300, 500, etc. 

3. Primed Mods. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

Ok fair enough this is better but i dont like the thought that ive spent 200+ days loging in just to get the zenistar but some MR2 that only started the game can get it in less time then me and skip the crappy azima like i never wanted that weapon and i doubt any other new player would want to pick the azima over any of the other 3 weapons. like 100 days and they can be running around with one of the most powerful weapons in the game. If u are going to bring this into the game i think its only fair that azima gets a buff or something to the point where im not complaining that i got that rather then 3 insanely good weapons.

6 hours ago, Azrael said:

But they're raaaaaaaaareeeeeeeee!

Isn't this how things generally work? If they get the same stuff you did, they can look the same. Very deep. Much wow.

So i guess my season II championship riven skin in LoL released the same as when it came  out?  Oh wait it didnt,  it came back with a special loading border for the original owners and a slight tweak to its ulti effect.  Not much but they recognised the tiny % of original owners.  Generally when rereleasing stuff games show the original owners of the items some sort of acknowledgement  by a slight cosmetic change.  Warframe doesnt do that.  They just rerelease everything with no thought to the time and effort the people who were there the first time feel, which makes those players feel like they just get shafted.  Like we felt when snipetron vandal was rereleased, and like we feel with the changes proposed here

• Upvote 1

why would i ever need more endo as i mastery up???? im mr 25 and endo is super useless, i rarely have mods to lvl up.

The poor players that are still below mr 10 or so, are the ones who needed it the most, they have so many mods and no endo nor credits to make things happen.

I get it, bigger mastery better/more rewards, yet its still a broken system, like anytime theres something new.

Years of warframe and u guys still wont lower the grindy to a healthy sanity level, every little item and thingy we only use once, has to be a hellish struggle to get...

On 2018-08-23 at 3:16 AM, LSG501 said:

um... no it's not, you'll have your 690 days when you login again (with the same username etc obviously), they don't just get reset to zero if you take a break..  You won't have gained any extra days or anything but you won't have lost your existing progress. 

Now if that break happened exactly when the last login rewards change happened (update 18ish) then you will have been reset just like every other player at that time. 

So those aren't actually "daily" rewards as stated in the OP then? And If I take, say, a month break I will return to whatever day I left at?

Is this another misrepresentation as with focus skills where passive aren't actually passive but instead way-bound whereas current way-bount are actually the passive ones that you need to unlock?

10 minutes ago, Infirito said:

So those aren't actually "daily" rewards as stated in the OP then? And If I take, say, a month break I will return to whatever day I left at?

Is this another misrepresentation as with focus skills where passive aren't actually passive but instead way-bound whereas current way-bount are actually the passive ones that you need to unlock?

Pretty much.  If I stop for a break today and come back in a week (assuming no resets like in the past obviously) I will have the same number of days as the day I left plus one due to the new log in reward.   The term daily more refers to the fact that a new one availabe daily rather than you needing to login daily. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Six years and 5500 hours and all the content consumed in that time in the game says so.

That number is meaningless. You can AFK in your Dojo forever and spoof it.

You can get about 8,500 hours in a year leaving the computer on and sitting in a Dojo.

So I guess that 1 year player is now more Veteran than you. The reality is, there is no Veteran in Warframe.

18 hours ago, Trizion said:

Have you seen how much people whine whenever anything even vaguely challenging - or for that matter requiring any semblance of logical thought and forward planning - ever comes up in the game?  See the Sentient fights in Second Dream, the final fight in Chains of Harrow, Lua Spy, Law of Retribution, Design Council Challenge Alerts, hell even original Stalker (not gimp-boi Shadow Stalker) for examples.  Now imagine how much more upset people would get when they run across content so challenging that it actually requires people to have already completed most or all of the game's other content in order to access it.  Yeah.  Warframe's never going to get anything vaguely resembling "endgame", not just because of the core design of the game itself, but because of its playerbase

Oh I agree. Why I haven't really played since DE refused to allow scaling Kuva rewards.

A game where players strategize about their approach to a problem instead of finding the best way to steal the most kills and ignore any team play experience? Obviously player majority are against it because the avg player isn't good; they're avg and Warframe likes the empower it's players. An approach that causes nerf after nerf because players have no need to work together and instead often compete as grouping is really only a means to quicker or better odds at loot and not overcoming an obstacle.

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

That number is meaningless. You can AFK in your Dojo forever and spoof it.

Seriously? 

Is this just for the sake of being argumentative?

This isn't about spoofing. What the hell would I care? These numbers came about by playing the game. I played the game because I wanted to. It was fun. Shouldn't be hard to comprehend. 

My tenure here in Warframe would meet my criteria as a veteran. I've seen much and done much. What others might think really doesn't matter to me. If others have accomplished similar things, then I'd regard them in a similar fashion. 

It's just that simple. 

On 2018-08-23 at 11:33 PM, NemoOceansoul said:

Okay admittedly i could of worded what i said a bit better. It was 3 am and little ones were keeping us awake. But still thats no excuse for me being rude. And while i understand the vets being unhappy that their shiny stuff is going to be easier for those with less login days, i still feel that locking weapons and mods behind the logins is dumb. There should be ways to gain access to the weapons or mods outside logins. While i at the same time, i believe everyones opinions matter, i feel like DE need to find someway to reward the vets for logging in as long as they have,but also throw those of us who cant get on as often a bone as well. If they can. As it stands itll take me years before i can get what i want out of the login system. That being said i do value the opinions of those vets. it just sounds like many are focusing on themselves, but the way you explained it i can definately agree that you have a valid point.

Yeh thats honestly all I care about, not the mods, not the weapons, especially not the cosmetics.. moreso the feeling that they've forgotten people exist. It sounds silly to some, but regardless of ease (in the case of logins), those hundreds and thousands of hours of mission time that most those people also have are all support that seems to be overlooked in favour of the new wave. It just "feels" wrong.

i would prefer if the primed mods were tradable. Personally, I would prefer to have a duplicate primed mod for my sentinel weps.

If not, could we select duplicates? Selecting primed fury/primed shred twice?

Else, it is possible to have a mastery-rank lock on the primed mods such that they would not be usable/tradable till the player obtains a certain MR? If so, then trading would still be possible in the long run.

7 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Seriously? 

Is this just for the sake of being argumentative?

This isn't about spoofing. What the hell would I care? These numbers came about by playing the game. I played the game because I wanted to. It was fun. Shouldn't be hard to comprehend. 

My tenure here in Warframe would meet my criteria as a veteran. I've seen much and done much. What others might think really doesn't matter to me. If others have accomplished similar things, then I'd regard them in a similar fashion. 

It's just that simple. 

Just ignore them at this stage. That person is so upset that someone else might get to play with what they thought were "their" toys that they have lost all coherence. 

Exclusivity and rarity are valuable. | Excal prime is worthless junk. 

Veteran players should be respected because of their tenure, their dedication, their stature! They have been stripped of their former glory. | You been here that long? Meh. Big deal, a person could have spoofed activity for a whole year and had more time than you. Your accomplishments mean nothing to me. 

People taking this whole thing so seriously seem to be caught up on who has what, or what they have that others don't, instead of what they have and what they're planning on trying to get next, or whether they had fun getting it. 

I don't think that they actually enjoy playing this game. That's sort of sad. 

The daily rewards, are a bonus we get just for logging in to play the game. I can't figure out what the point of being upset is. 

22 hours ago, Bonedit said:

21 hours ago, Azrael said:

I would support removing these for players over MR 10 or so. New players may actually want these, but for everyone else getting these is essentially getting nothing at all. But then, what would we replace them with...

Uh... What? No thank you. I have terrible luck collecting tellurium. 20 minutes destroying every living thing on the screen, cutting them in twain, desecrating the fragments of their corpses and looting them too, and then replacing them with reanimated dead ones to help make more corpses and I'm lucky if I get one. ONE

Anything that involves me finding a free one, short of cutting a deal with the grineer to throw Nakak to the hungry ghouls, is a good idea in my books. 

The Orokin cells I've had no problem collecting, in abundance. Hundreds of them. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... What? No thank you. I have terrible luck collecting tellurium. 20 minutes destroying every living thing on the screen, cutting them in twain, desecrating the fragments of their corpses and looting them too, and then replacing them with reanimated dead ones to help make more corpses and I'm lucky if I get one. ONE

Anything that involves me finding a free one, short of cutting a deal with the grineer to throw Nakak to the hungry ghouls, is a good idea in my books. 

The Orokin cells I've had no problem collecting, in abundance. Hundreds of them. 

While I agree, I think the best solution is to give players a choice as to which resource they get. Give them 3 options and let them actually select the one they want. For some players Orokin Cells are desperately needed. For others Tellurium would help the most. For others they may need Ferrite. I mean the point of this overhaul is to give players choices, right?

You can still have the blind, random draws for relics and medallions but give players some control over the resource rewards.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

I was hoping to get primed shred before primed vigor. I knew the selecting which reward of its type would be the only solution, but sadly this long needed update is too late for the likes of me. Id argue that the little things are really important too, like this long forgotten concept. Next, lets see some skinnable zaws

I dont know how to feel about this.... 😕

The 1000th day is 10 days or so away for me and i was really excited about the armor.

Its something special because 1000 days.----> I REPEAT 1000 DAYS <-----

When i read that people can get the same armor for a lousy 100 days that is just wrong.It lost all of its "mighty 1000th day login reward" value before it is even released.Its just a lousy 100 day armor that everyone can get easily.

Boring!!!!!!!!

The new system will only benefit the new players.They are excited because they get "new stuff" (in their eyes)

We get "evergreens" after 1000th. Wow nice duplicates.

Another Boring!!!!!!

When these are the final changes the daily tribute system lost all its attraction.

Edited by K0bra
  • Applause 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb K0bra:

I dont know how to feel about this.... 😕

The 1000th day is 10 days or so away for me and i was really excited about the armor.

Its something special because 1000 days.----> I REPEAT 1000 DAYS <-----

When i read that people can get the same armor for a lousy 100 days that is just wrong.It lost all of its "mighty 1000th day login reward" value before it is even released.Its just a lousy 100 day armor that everyone can get easily.

Boring!!!!!!!!

The new system will only benefit the new players.They are excited because they get "new stuff" (in their eyes)

We get "evergreens" after 1000th. Wow nice duplicates.

Another Boring!!!!!!

When these are the final changes the daily tribute system lost all its attraction.

So much this.

During the year there are usually several phases of content drought. If there's only repetition beyond 1000 days, there's no incentive to login if there's nothing to do in the game. People will just stop logging in each day.

People seem to forget the task of a login reward system. Provide high numbers for meta charts and motivating people to stay with the game despite temporal lack of content. And a login system without good incentive after some time stops working.

DE can evaluate this by comparing the old daily rewards systems with the numbers of the current daily tribute,

Another example was the graph they showed of participations in sorties. The curve dropped pretty harsh after some time because there was no incentive. And then they introduced rivens into the reward pool.

Edited by Sahansral