Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

Recommended Posts

Look, I understand you're the kind of person who is going to assume I'm entitled and etc, while ignoring your own arrogance so I'm just not in the mood to deal with it as you won't give me the ground if I tried.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Personally I think DE should just make it an opt-out system. If anyone doesn't want the gifts, they're free to not receive any of them. How many people do you think will jump on that bandwagon? I'm thinking that it would be a very small number. 

I'm in, just give the mods to Baro and charge me a ton of ducats, and let me have to grind for the parts of the weapons before I can craft them. I don't care what the material costs are; I have a ton already.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this game.

I realize that new players give more money to DE, but being just a couple weeks away from the 2.7 year log in reward on PS4...

1000 days...

Giving everyone everything is great. I'm all for it. Sign me up!!

I would like Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, Skana Prime, Primed Chamber, Affinity Amp, Mark of the Beast, Combo Fury just to name a few.

Thanks

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I'm in, just give the mods to Baro and charge me a ton of ducats, and let me have to grind for the parts of the weapons before I can craft them. I don't care what the material costs are; I have a ton already.

No, that's no good. If you opt out, you should get nothing. 👍

That's how gifts work, isn't it? 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Look, I understand you're the kind of person who is going to assume I'm entitled and etc, while ignoring your own arrogance so I'm just not in the mood to deal with it as you won't give me the ground if I tried.

Dont worry about it man,  the guy joined in february this year.  Hes one of the people DE is screwing over us vets to please.  

And i agree about the 1000 day login,  im almost there too and from what ive seen theres no effort at all put into it.  Its simple plates with a spike and the chest is just the syandana again with a zenith disk in the middle. Nothing at all special to make it feel like a reward.  Could have made something truely epic for that amount of time spent supporting the game instead of feeling like they slapped something together last minute like they did with revenants skills.  Could have glowy dragon wings flare up when you cast skills or something, anything really instead of just more basic static pieces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Look, I understand you're the kind of person who is going to assume I'm entitled and etc, while ignoring your own arrogance so I'm just not in the mood to deal with it as you won't give me the ground if I tried.

The arrogance of recognising when a gift is given to me that I don't really have a right to demand that they take it back and get me something better? 

Or for recognition that what others have that I don't, isn't something that should rob me of my joy? 

Or was it for the bit where I said that all of the milestones still need to be earned, even if it's in a different order, so that's not really a cause for concern? 

Or was it for saying that I also spent money on the game? Because I didn't say how much, and I didn't want to make it a comparison of "who has been willing to spend more per day over the course of x number of days. If you had never spent as much as a farthing, it would have been the same, because you would still a customer, just like anyone else and it's not a matter of how deep anyone's pockets are. 

 

Or was it when I asked if you're actually enjoying the game, and if you are happy? I ask that, because so many of the people who are complaining seem to not actually be enjoying the game. They are letting something someone else has/may have, bother them, and dictate their happiness. That doesn't make sense to me at all. 

 

Was it one of those? Or all? Or something else entirely? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LuckyCharm said:

Dont worry about it man,  the guy joined in february this year.  Hes one of the people DE is screwing over us vets to please.  

Bad new my friend, if DE decided to scrap it and I wouldn't get any more gifts for logging in, I'd be sad, but probably not for the reason you think. 

 

I have a bunch of cosmetic stuff that I've never used in mission, just Baro's colour pallette. I saw people complaining about us getting the rift sigil and pointed out that I've never used it and don't intend to. I have the plague shoulder stuff and the cherry tree, and the diadem. But I don't care for flash, never have. 

As you said I joined this year, and I'm still working on just getting all the regular frames, and building up my dojo rooms, and doing the research, and my syndicates, and the quills and everything else. (I have terrible luck getting tellurium so I'd actually miss that reward a lot.) 

I have a lot to occupy me for the time being. Venus is going to drop soon. I'll have new pets, and weapons. 

 

The reason I would be sad is that the Devs would have felt like they had to take away stuff being given freely, because a small group of people didn't really want any others to get what they have, and another group kept demanding that they be given access to everything right away. 

 

You're worried that I'll get the rewards it's taken you a thousand days to get. But here's the thing, it's still going to take me a thousand logins to get all of it. Where is the difference? 

 

 

Personally if it was up to me, I'd have just taken it all back and said "nobody gets anything, now everyone is equal", and I'm certain that's what would make everyone happy. Because you would be happy because the noobs don't get to have what you have, and the noobs would be a happy because the vets no longer have things that they covet. Isn't that right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zahnny said:

The problem is DE doesn't care for vets...Please don't use the "it's free" argument. I've spent at least over £100 on this game and probably much more. Time is money and I've invested tons of it into Warframe. I've even made a thread yesterday asking for MORE things to buy.

I think you've been playing the wrong game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Bad new my friend, if DE decided to scrap it and I wouldn't get any more gifts for logging in, I'd be sad, but probably not for the reason you think. 

 

I have a bunch of cosmetic stuff that I've never used in mission, just Baro's colour pallette. I saw people complaining about us getting the rift sigil and pointed out that I've never used it and don't intend to. I have the plague shoulder stuff and the cherry tree, and the diadem. But I don't care for flash, never have. 

As you said I joined this year, and I'm still working on just getting all the regular frames, and building up my dojo rooms, and doing the research, and my syndicates, and the quills and everything else. (I have terrible luck getting tellurium so I'd actually miss that reward a lot.) 

I have a lot to occupy me for the time being. Venus is going to drop soon. I'll have new pets, and weapons. 

 

The reason I would be sad is that the Devs would have felt like they had to take away stuff being given freely, because a small group of people didn't really want any others to get what they have, and another group kept demanding that they be given access to everything right away. 

 

You're worried that I'll get the rewards it's taken you a thousand days to get. But here's the thing, it's still going to take me a thousand logins to get all of it. Where is the difference? 

 

 

Personally if it was up to me, I'd have just taken it all back and said "nobody gets anything, now everyone is equal", and I'm certain that's what would make everyone happy. Because you would be happy because the noobs don't get to have what you have, and the noobs would be a happy because the vets no longer have things that they covet. Isn't that right? 

The difference is that now people have already waited 1000 days and just now they want to change it so the people who did all that waiting will get "evergreen" rewards,  basically the same things over and over while new players get to pick up the same items those people waited for 1000 days in 100 days if they pleased while the long term players are given pats on the head and told "good job, heres a forma for your next 100"

 

If it were me id have moved litterally every login reward to another place obtainable in game,  and replaced and retroactively rewarded everyone with cosmetics or peculiar mods up to that point.  That means there would be no mastery or mods tied up,  log in rewards still feel special cus you get a unique cosmetic every 100 days,  and vets are happy because they keep their "prestige" by having things to look pretty that people still have to wait for.  Then there would be no reason de couldnt keep adding login rewards every 100 days since thats a long time to develop say..  One chest piece,  or one glowy sigal,  or anythinh like that. 

Also im sorry for taking a jab at you,  i get heated over this topic when it feels like our concerns as old long time players are dismissed as elitist.  We really just want something that says "this is what ive done and how long ive played for. " since we really have nothing else to show for it that everything weve worked hard for in events etc has all been returned with no compensation for original owners like LoL does,  and no real acknowlegement that we even worked ard to get the things the first time when the ways to get them are made 10x easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For fk sake remove mods/weapons from milestone forever and put unique cosmetcis stuff to replace them.

  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Despite my previous misunderstanding of the daily tribute system and how it works, I still have a few things to add.

I am in agreement with what other people have said in the thread, the milestone rewards should be kickass cosmetics, not items that affect gameplay. But I can also see the reasoning behind locking the content behind this system.

But the system is still flawed for a number of reasons. 

  • New players see the disheartening 3-year gap and will still be playing catch up with newer milestone rewards. If they flake out because of this then yeah, they probably weren't good players. But in my line of work, we have two types of customers. We have slow burning, long term customers. And then we have explosive, short term customers. Both are valuable in their own respective rights
  • Players who have these items and achieved this amount of login days feel like their efforts were in vain. They believe new players are skipping the grind as it were. But in all honesty, it's not really a grind - or a chore for that matter. And that ties into my next point.
  • While convincing players to log in is good, it may not stimulate the kind of engagement you want to help the game thrive. There could be players out there that merely login to the game to get their login notch and then log out to play something else. Is this an exaggeration? I don't think so; I see plenty of people in my clan's discord that are playing other games and actively talk about playing other games. The same applies for sorties, which don't even apply to new players.

With all this in mind, I had an idea that would both stimulate engagement and reduce the time grind. Due to the work involved as well, the system couldn't be accused of cutting corners. Think of this as actively participating in syndicate missions and finding all the medallions for extra standing. You don't need to do it - but the extra work is rewarded.

Picture a login day booster system, where completing certain tasks would award players with a reduced time grind. How would this work? First, I'm thinking the player would need to log in for a consecutive number of days. That by itself isn't enough - so how about making the player also have to complete random missions on each of these days to also boost engagement.

What could these tasks be? Maybe something as simple as slay a certain number of this enemy, collect a certain number of argon crystals or complete 2 defense missions.

Point is every day there would be random new tasks for the player to complete. Completing these tasks on the consecutive days would reward the player with a free login day - or something else that reduces the time grind. With this, you are boosting engagement and giving players a choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks ok, though will still take quite a going time to get all the "game changing" rewards

On 2018-08-22 at 12:58 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Under some amount of debate is also Milestone rewards such as Primed Mods and Weapons, being tradable. At this time, we are removing this from the plan. 

Given that this will be the way going forward (A good idea as i see it), there seems little reason not to just pool the weapons and primed mods together.  While some players will prefer the weapons others will prefer the primed mods and both are about equivalent for the whole collection scheme of things (they both have more and less desirable ones).

Though to be honest I would prefer they were removed from the login system (and yes I already have them all) and then added as rewards for Mastery ranks 20+ (or even 15+ or every 5 MR ranks, or some other factor tied into having played the game).  This way players do need to play the game to get them but a dedicated player can get them within a reasonable time frame, they wont seem completely "out of reach" for newer players (while still looking like they need to put in a chunk of effort), the weapons are a thing that is directly tied to MR and it can be certain that players are at-least playing the game (while making some incentive for higher MRs too even if players don't like certain weapons).

 

That would however leave the every 100 day reward milestones empty.  For this it could include a coupon for any in game cosmetic item (not sure if that could include tennogen stuff).  Cosmetics are generally highly desirable things, so would be a reward for all players as they could choose what they liked for the cosmetic.  After all players have such a diverse mix of tastes trying to 'shoehorn' a specific reward for all players just isn't going to suit everyone.
This would also mean that while the login bonus is nice it wont feel unobtainable to new/returning players nor pointless for long-term veterans, it will actually feel like a bonus to all players across the spectrum.

  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen,

Omo DE isnt screwing you over, they're just making it easier for new players

DE is taking away exclusivity of FULL WEAPONS, if it was just a vandal or prime it would be fair but the time gate behind the zenistar, zenith, etc. always was very annoying, especially for people who physically couldn't sign in everyday

Not saying DE doesnt screw over vets, but I think this all is being blown out of proportion

I do see where yall are coming from, but can you at least try to understand how we feel when a weapon we want to try is locked behind 500 days and when they try to change that you all start yelling,"NO MINE!"

Edited by gamerbobey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, gamerbobey said:

Listen,

Omo DE isnt screwing you over, they're just making it easier for new players

DE is taking away exclusivity of FULL WEAPONS, if it was just a vandal or prime it would be fair but the time gate behind the zenistar, zenith, etc. always was very annoying, especially for people who physically couldn't sign in everyday

Not saying DE doesnt screw over vets, but I think this all is being blown out of proportion

I do see where yall are coming from, but can you at least try to understand how we feel when a weapon we want to try is locked behind 500 days and when they try to change that you all start yelling,"NO MINE!"

Oh even the vet's understand that, and many of them don't like having things that effect gameplay locked behind timewalls like 500 days either, but the problem there is the "screwing over the vets" has happened for a long long while to the point where people don't have things to show for their time in game. 

If someone say.. dropped a few hundred $$ into the game right now they could literally have everything that I have on my account except for my tennocon 2018 armor, the little white shoulder badges for the events, and the login days. Sure it's a few hundred in actual money, but for 5 years work to be able to pick it up that easily just shows how little exclusivity there is in game now. 

Cosmetics are 100% fine for login rewards and are what they should always have been, same for events, but that's not what DE has done, they've made logins and event stuff tied to mastery and power, so when people miss them they complain and DE caves and rereleases them with no concern or compensation at all for the original owners. Even a simple recolor skin, make the things full metallic or something would have been fine for it and then literally no one could complain about it. They'd still have their mastery, and the original owners would still be rocking a weapon they could be proud of having. 

They could still do that here, there's still time. Just give the people who've worked at it  something to show they put the work in the first time around and there wouldn't be that fuss. But as it stands there's no mention of any plans for that, and a looming idea of not putting in any more rewards after the 1000 even though they could very well be a peculiar mod or something that has no gamechanging value. 

  • Satisfied 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

The difference is that now people have already waited 1000 days and just now they want to change it so the people who did all that waiting will get "evergreen" rewards,  basically the same things over and over while new players get to pick up the same items those people waited for 1000 days in 100 days if they pleased while the long term players are given pats on the head and told "good job, heres a forma for your next 100"

Emphasis added. 

 

But you see that's where you are thinking about it all wrong. New players won't get all the items it took you 1000 days to get, would they? In 100 days they'll have crossed 2 milestones. One for a sigil/resource, one for a weapon/equipment. Or whatever. 

 

Yes, some random noob might choose to get the lodestar stuff (which you don't even like because you have better) on day 100. How long will it take to get the Azima? They now get to wait at least 6 more months to get what we both got very early on. But here's what everyone is forgetting because it's been so long since it mattered to the veterans.... That Azima came with a free slot too. So by picking up the lodestar stuff they screw themselves out of the free slot that's so very useful for a newer player in the first 10+ months of play. And then it's another 6+ months before they get the Zenith or Zenistar, and then another 6+ months later they get to pick the other? You keeping track here? The n00bs won't be getting things faster. It'll take the same amount of time for them as it did for vets to collect everything. OK, so the order might be different, but it means that for everything that they took less time to get than you did, there's something else that will take that much more. 

 

How are you losing anything because some people with fewer logins might get to choose a reward that you already got years ago? Or maybe they'll choose a reward neither of us really cares about and have to wait 1000 days to get what we both got in the first few months of play? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a chance to give people extra login reward(s) based on times they already logged in to avoid threads like " i only needed x(xx) days to get this, now i need xx(xxx) days" and similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No, that's no good. If you opt out, you should get nothing. 👍

That's how gifts work, isn't it? 😊

I'm not asking for a handout, I'm asking to get content that I need to work towards. DE can keep their gift, but don't give me less content because I want to work for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I'm not asking for a handout, I'm asking to get content that I need to work towards. DE can keep their gift, but don't give me less content because I want to work for it.

It's true, logging In is nothing on its own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I'm not asking for a handout, I'm asking to get content that I need to work towards. DE can keep their gift, but don't give me less content because I want to work for it.

They didn't ask you to ask for it. Again, it's a gift. That's what people seem to be missing in all of this. What you're doing is saying, "I don't want your gift, give me something else instead".

 

Try doing that when you're handed a Christmas present, and look at the givers face carefully when you're saying it. Perhaps then you'll understand what I'm explaining. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

It's true, logging In is nothing on its own.

That's actually a really good reason why people shouldn't go around demanding anything different for their logins, isn't it? 

 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Simply logging in shouldn't be the endgame in my opinion.

This game doesn't have one. DE hasn't tried to make this into the endgame. So that's neither here nor there, is it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

They didn't ask you to ask for it. Again, it's a gift.

It's not a gift, it's a carrot on a stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

It's not a gift, it's a carrot on a stick.

You never actually get the carrot on a stick. This is a series of gifts that people are getting. 

 

Seriously I am beginning to think that I'd hate to see what Christmas is like for a lot of people kicking up such a fuss about this. 

They really probably should just take away everything and make everyone equally happy. Remove the rewards that the vets got, remove the rewards that the noobs can get, and not offer anything else in it's place. 

 

The vets will be overjoyed "because that lodestar stuff sucks" and the noobs will be happy because they won't "have to wait to get the stuff the vets have". All problems solved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't care either way about this. I can wait for some glyph and there's no veterancy from just logging in. Although someone who's played many days is more likely (not guaranteed ) to be competent. 

Like if you have 3000 hours, mr25, and the day 1000 armor, and over a few million kills... Then it's reasonable to deduce that the player with all of those things is probably a veteran somewhere around some form of endgame. Is it 100% accurate? No. Is it accurate enough? Yes. 

It's just one stat that you can look at to help you tell if they should be doing that minimum 3 hour survival run with you...But it's not worth caring allot about to me.

Is DE tangling the carrot in front of us just to get that increase of concurrent players? Probably. Is that an issue? Not until it starts impeding the other aspects of the game... As far as I can tell, there's only gains - so whining about it seems a little ridiculous. 

P.s. make faction based weapon that does something very similar to zenistar and put it in the regular game. Bam, everyone wins.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...