[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

45 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Seriously I am beginning to think that I'd hate to see what Christmas is like for a lot of people kicking up such a fuss about this. 

I'm 20 days from day 1000, whatever DE chooses to do with the login milestones will be fine with me. Please don't suggest that I'm fussing or complaining, my analogy was perfectly apt, unlike your Christmas one, but I digress...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

They didn't ask you to ask for it. Again, it's a gift. That's what people seem to be missing in all of this. What you're doing is saying, "I don't want your gift, give me something else instead".

Try doing that when you're handed a Christmas present, and look at the givers face carefully when you're saying it. Perhaps then you'll understand what I'm explaining. 

Actually, as I have young children I only accept gifts for Christmas from a few select people (like my mom and my wife). So yes, I opt out of Christmas so others can focus on my children. And yes, I go out of my way to tell people not to get my anything and just to get my kids something.

What I am saying is why should DE give me less content because I don't want their gifts? It makes you wonder what kind of gift comes with such a negative attached to it. Maybe it's not really a gift or free at all.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Woah 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Actually, as I have young children I only accept gifts for Christmas from a few select people (like my mom and my wife). So yes, I opt out of Christmas so others can focus on my children. And yes, I go out of my way to tell people not to get my anything and just to get my kids something.

What I am saying is why should DE give me less content because I don't want their gifts? It makes you wonder what kind of gift comes with such a negative attached to it. Maybe it's not really free or a gift at all.

Like I said. Tell the next person that gives you a gift that you don't want it and they should give you something better. Look closely at their face when you do. See what sort of reaction you get.

There's a difference between doing that and what you are doing at home for Christmas, isn't there? Opting out is different to throwing it back and demanding better, isn't it?

And here's the thing that you really should check out, you just said that you go out of your way to not get gifts, but next thing you say is that you don't understand why you shouldn't still get the stuff if you refuse the gifts. That's an oxymoron, right there. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Like I said. Tell the next person that gives you a gift that you don't want it and they should give you something better. Look closely at their face when you do. See what sort of reaction you get.

There's a difference between doing that and what you are doing at home for Christmas, isn't there? Opting out is different to throwing it back and demanding better, isn't it?

And here's the thing that you really should check out, you just said that you go out of your way to not get gifts, but next thing you say is that you don't understand why you shouldn't still get the stuff if you refuse the gifts. That's an oxymoron, right there. 

Making their game better is not a gift, it's making their game better so the gaming experience is better in an area where it needed work, aka the login system which was heavily time gated and needed some sort of rework.

Game developers don't just rework aspects of a part of a game as intended as a "gift". It's their jobs to provide the playerbase with good content. What if DE said they would rework archwing, than literally changed the sound effects to be slightly better. Would you still say that's a "gift"??? Would you not be outraged? Ofc this is purely hypothetical (haha DE dont prove me wrong somehow in the future about this)

To be perfectly honest I thought they would've made it so every 50 days you can pick anything from the milestones once you got past day 100 or so, but this doesn't speed up much, it'll speed up the time you get zenistar, and primed shred, but its still going to take you just as long to get everything you actually want from the logins.

Also, are you telling people in this "feedback" forum that you should be ashamed of giving "feedback"? Not right man, not right.

Edited by birdobash
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, birdobash said:

Making their game better is not a gift, it's making their game better so the gaming experience is better in an area where it needed work, aka the login system which was heavily time gated and needed some sort of rework.

Game developers don't just rework aspects of a part of a game as intended as a "gift". It's their jobs to provide the playerbase with good content. What if DE said they would rework archwing, than literally changed the sound effects to be slightly better. Would you still say that's a "gift"??? Would you not be outraged? Ofc this is purely hypothetical (haha DE dont prove me wrong somehow in the future about this)

To be perfectly honest I thought they would've made it so every 50 days you can pick anything from the milestones once you got past day 100 or so, but this doesn't speed up much, it'll speed up the time you get zenistar, and primed shred, but its still going to take you just as long to get everything you actually want from the logins.

Also, are you telling people in this "feedback" forum that you should be ashamed of giving "feedback"? Not right man, not right.

Login reward = gift you get just for starting the game up on any given day. 

Whatever you were on about ≠ what was being discussed. 

You would have known that if you had followed the discussion on even the last couple of pages before weighing in.

But hey, if "feedback" = jumping in and not really knowing what you you're responding to and just generally trying to bash something that you misunderstood, well I'd say you're on the right forum. (Even though this is really General News & Information > Dev Workshop and Feedback is actually a different board, but who's counting, right? 😜 ) 

Good luck, Tenno. 

• Woah 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You would have known that if you had followed the discussion on even the last couple of pages before weighing in.

But hey, if "feedback" = jumping in and not really knowing what you you're responding to and just generally trying to bash something that you misunderstood, well I'd say you're on the right forum. (Even though this is really General News & Information > Dev Workshop and Feedback is actually a different board, but who's counting, right? 😜 ) 

Good luck, Tenno. 

Are you bashing me? Trying to tick me off?

For your information I have been following this thread since literally an hour after it was put up a few weeks ago, before they changed back the cycle of weapons at 200 400 600 back to 100 300 500.

And yes login rewards equals gifts, but what we are discussing is not the login rewards as none of them are being changed, it's how and when and if we will be able to get these rewards at a DECENT time frame. Are you not in your right mind? Do you want to login for just under 2 years to actually get the items you want? It's not much better than logging in for actually 2 full years, which is the login system right now since some of the better rewards are at the end (sigma and octantis cough).

And just to show you how long it would take to get the worthwhile items with the current proposed system...

Day 100: zenistar

Day 200: primed shred

Day 300: sigma and octantis/zenith

Day 400: primed fury

Day 500: whatever you didn't pick on day 300

Day 600: primed vigor

And then everything else is either not worthwhile or not worthwhile enough. 

Do you see the problem? Sure it's less time than the current system oh but what's this? Less by 100 days man. You get all this stuff by the time you hit day 700 for the sigma and octantis. You're still going to have to login for nearly 2 YEARS to get the worthwhile stuff.

Edited by birdobash
  • Applause 3

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Good luck, Tenno. 

Also fyi no the only person in this discussion that has been saying "ohhhhh this is just a gift guys stop *@##$ing and moaning!! Oh you have an opinion that isnt like mine??? Your opinion is invalid now"

Has been you

Everybody else has been throwing in constructive criticism (or at least trying)

2 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

The bickering is getting a little immature in here. It's super easy to get along.

I would normally agree but this guy is telling every other person here their opinions are invalid because they don't line up with his.

On 2018-08-27 at 12:42 PM, LordMakai said:

Apparently, many people think that locking weapons and prime mods behind timegates is a good idea.

It's not. Logging in everyday is a chore and this is not how you keep player retention. I am rank mastery 25 and am still one day away from the first weapon (100 day reward).

I can't be bothered to log in when there's really nothing to do. Does that mean I'm not a "veteran" or whatever ? I don't think so, I've played this game since the beta days and have yet to unlock any prime login mods, which to be honest, is kind of a bummer.

In my opinion, only cosmetics and the likes should be locked behind login days, not gameplay elements. Make the player play your game to get those rewards, not mindlessly log in everyday for years.

Truly disappointed to say the least

Wow that's actually kinda insane that you reached mr 25 and played since the beta and still only just reached day 100, sounds like your farming sessions were EXTREME 😂 

Really impressive

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

What I am saying is why should DE give me less content because I don't want their gifts? It makes you wonder what kind of gift comes with such a negative attached to it. Maybe it's not really a gift or free at all.

What does that have to do with kids? I don't have any and never will, and I "opt out" for the real reason one would generally opt out of free stuff; I'm poor, the people close to me are poor, just poverty all around, really.

Am 30.8.2018 um 00:55 schrieb (XB1)Architect Prime:

Nothing impressive about logging in. All the player stats should come into play somehow. 

Why not? But be careful what you wish for.

If you take the average player stats of those into account who now have logged in 1000 days and make that the goal to reach the latest mile stone (Lodestar armor at the moment), most new players would be into a worse bargain than now, I guess.

The people with >900 log-in days playing only some seconds per day that are currently mentioned so often in threads are a myth.

On a site note:

People assume that the daily tribute system was implemented to gift people. No, it's there to provide good meta numbers for the charts.

If you want to implement a system that stops to present a good carrot at a certain point, people will stopp following the stick. Warframe falling out of the top ten games on the steam list (as an example) is far more harmful to the game, than new players that are upset that they can't get a miniscule part of the huge content immediately.

Edited by Sahansral
  • Upvote 1

why is there no date for this update? I am few days away from reward and i dont know if i should wait or not

5 hours ago, birdobash said:

Are you bashing me? Trying to tick me off?

For your information I have been following this thread since literally an hour after it was put up a few weeks ago, before they changed back the cycle of weapons at 200 400 600 back to 100 300 500.

Nope, just pointing out that you clearly had no idea what the context of the post you quoted was when you went on your rant about me calling the login rewards gifts, because you clearly thought that the word gift referred to the 'rework'. But please do carry on as you have been. 

And yes login rewards equals gifts, but what we are discussing is not the login rewards as none of them are being changed, it's how and when and if we will be able to get these rewards at a DECENT time frame. 

No. If you actually read the last 2 pages you will see that the bit you ranted about is not about that at all. Also, this whole thread was never about that at all. There wasn't any reason for you to possibly imagine that you'd get everything handed to you in less time. That's what even a lot of the vets got wrong it seems. Many were upset because they figured that you'd be getting all the rewards and stuff faster. That wasn't the point of the rework at all. 

Do you see the problem? Sure it's less time than the current system oh but what's this? Less by 100 days man. 

No, I don't see a problem at all. Please do try and explain why you should be given all your gifts as rapidly as possible, and how this will help the game instead of simply soothing some people's sense of entitlement and fulfilling their need for instant gratification. 

6 hours ago, birdobash said:

You're still going to have to login for nearly 2 YEARS to get the worthwhile stuff.

And 1000 days for all the stuff that the vets got at the end 1000 days. Seems pretty fair to me. It's almost as if you just didn't understand what the whole thing was about before getting upset that it's not what you wanted it to be about. 

Also fyi no the only person in this discussion that has been saying "ohhhhh this is just a gift guys stop *@##$ing and moaning!! Oh you have an opinion that isnt like mine??? Your opinion is invalid now"

And here I thought you said that you had actually been following the thread. Like I said, go back and read the last two pages instead of blindly lashing out without actually understanding what you are going on about and just going with what you figure it should be about. 

I would normally agree but this guy is telling every other person here their opinions are invalid because they don't line up with his.

You don't have many conversations with people who disagree about things do you? That's basically what most of them involve, you show them why you believe that what they believe is wrong. They do the same thing. You really ought to get a cup of tea, calm down, go back and reread the conversation over at least the last couple of pages (without all of the preconceptions this time) and then try again. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

3 hours ago, Sahansral said:

People assume that the daily tribute system was implemented to gift people. No, it's there to provide good meta numbers for the charts.

Oh I don't think that it was implemented to be altruistic, but it doesn't change the fact that we do get it as a gift, just for logging in on any given day. 

3 hours ago, Sahansral said:

If you want to implement a system that stops to present a good carrot at a certain point, people will stopp following the stick. Warframe falling out of the top ten games on the steam list (as an example) is far more harmful to the game, than new players that are upset that they can't get a miniscule part of the huge content immediately.

I honestly think that they need to retain the newer players more than the older ones. I understand that some will think it's because I joined this year, or because I am 'only MR16', or because I have so much more to do in the game but it's really not. I have unlocked all the nodes of all the focus trees. That puts me (like many who are responding) in very tiny percentage of all players, most people haven't even stuck around enough to max out the sentinel we're given on leaving the starter planet. 

They don't need the daily logins to keep me around. I'm hooked, I enjoy playing. I suspect that the same is true for most of us here. Some folks I have some doubts about, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. 

But from what I've seen we have some very vocal groups who are upset about the daftest things. Some vets are upset about the change because they think it means that the rewards will be handed out on the noobs faster (they won't). Some noobs are upset because they think that it's impossible to get the things that it took the veterans so long to get (that obviously wasn't ever the case). And some people are upset because they think that the gift, the free one they get for doing something they enjoy doing, for a particular milestone isn't good enough, doesn't confer enough prestige (but anyone with a brain knows that respect isn't something that you can force others to give you, and flouncing about in even the coolest possible outfit will not get the job done).

There's nothing really wrong with the old system, and there's nothing really wrong with the change. It's mostly just folks kicking a fuss about nothing. 

43 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It's mostly just folks kicking a fuss about nothing.

DE want feedback

People give feedback

You do not like feedback

You say everyone is invalid for not giving the feedback YOU want

So you're just admitting you've come here just to upset people then? Because you've done a good job at that.

EDIT: Okay now for a more level headed reply.

Your whole argument has been "If people are ungrateful they're wrong, no matter what the gift is." and apparently we're not allowed to be passionate about things. If I can choose between trash and gold I'd take gold, if I'm given trash and said "here this is for you." I'm rightfully going to be upset. More so if other people come over and say "wtf why aren't you happy? You got given trash! People in other countries get lessar trash! you ungrateful person!"

If it was any other game company besides DE there might even be a bit of outrage over it, for lazy content. Even if that content was free.

EDIT 2: Should also be noted that DE are known to have the talent and ability to give us better gifts. As is the case with the first several milestones. And in some cultures, certain gifts are percieved as insults. No I'm not talking about entitled white girls or whatever. Certain cultures can find potentially nice gifts as insults.

http://www.worldtradepress.com/18-taboo-gifts-in-china/

Here's one source to back my words. I'm sure there's many more but I'm not writing a blog here.

Edited by Zahnny
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

DE want feedback

People give feedback

You do not like feedback

You say everyone is invalid for not giving the feedback YOU want

So you're just admitting you've come here just to upset people then? Because you've done a good job at that.

Nice straw man you built there. Only problem is that you think that feedback needs to be what you want it to be. My comments are feedback, and you seem to not like what I have said. So you want to claim that it's invalid. This is where I ask, "pot or kettle?" 

14 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Your whole argument has been "If people are ungrateful they're wrong, no matter what the gift is." and apparently we're not allowed to be passionate about things. If I can choose between trash and gold I'd take gold, if I'm given trash and said "here this is for you." I'm rightfully going to be upset. 

Nothing in what you said invalidates any point of accusation of ingratitude. 

And it's funny. Did you know that there's a booming industry where people take old computers, actual trash, and get gold, silver and copper from them? But there are still people who throw them out, even when they are still in good working condition, because something new came out. Your trash is another player's treasure. The thing that you're trying to disparage is better than not getting anything at all. You don't seem to want to consider that.

19 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

More so if other people come over and say "wtf why aren't you happy?

I've realised that some people just don't want to be happy about specific things, so they find things to be upset about. Like calling gifts they get 'trash', so they can try to convince others to be unhappy too. Doesn't actually work very often but that doesn't seem stop folks from trying. 😕

I asked it before, but I am going to ask it again:

Are you having fun with the game? Are you looking forward to seeing the new content? Have you revisited any of your favourite frames and mission types recently? Are you happy? Those are the important issues, and people seem to be missing that. A lot. 

No matter what reward, there'll always be people who don't care for it. There will always be people who insist that it should be something else. You haven't shown any reason to think that it isn't the case here as well. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nope, just pointing out that you clearly had no idea what the context of the post you quoted was when you went on your rant about me calling the login rewards gifts, because you clearly thought that the word gift referred to the 'rework'. But please do carry on as you have been. 

No. If you actually read the last 2 pages you will see that the bit you ranted about is not about that at all. Also, this whole thread was never about that at all. There wasn't any reason for you to possibly imagine that you'd get everything handed to you in less time. That's what even a lot of the vets got wrong it seems. Many were upset because they figured that you'd be getting all the rewards and stuff faster. That wasn't the point of the rework at all. 

No, I don't see a problem at all. Please do try and explain why you should be given all your gifts as rapidly as possible, and how this will help the game instead of simply soothing some people's sense of entitlement and fulfilling their need for instant gratification. 

And 1000 days for all the stuff that the vets got at the end 1000 days. Seems pretty fair to me. It's almost as if you just didn't understand what the whole thing was about before getting upset that it's not what you wanted it to be about. 

And here I thought you said that you had actually been following the thread. Like I said, go back and read the last two pages instead of blindly lashing out without actually understanding what you are going on about and just going with what you figure it should be about. 

You don't have many conversations with people who disagree about things do you? That's basically what most of them involve, you show them why you believe that what they believe is wrong. They do the same thing. You really ought to get a cup of tea, calm down, go back and reread the conversation over at least the last couple of pages (without all of the preconceptions this time) and then try again. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

On the last 2 pages u were the one telling people to stop moaning on about gifts, before that you werent but who knows you probably have amnesia 

2 hours ago, birdobash said:

On the last 2 pages u were the one telling people to stop moaning on about gifts, before that you werent but who knows you probably have amnesia 

No friend, just manners. I'll ask you to quote me telling people to stop moaning, as opposed to giving reasons for why they should not be moaning. 

As I said, you seem to be responding to what you would like to have thought was said, instead of what actually passed. That's not on me. 

5 hours ago, Zahnny said:

EDIT 2: Should also be noted that DE are known to have the talent and ability to give us better gifts. As is the case with the first several milestones. And in some cultures, certain gifts are percieved as insults. No I'm not talking about entitled white girls or whatever. Certain cultures can find potentially nice gifts as insults.

http://www.worldtradepress.com/18-taboo-gifts-in-china/

Here's one source to back my words. I'm sure there's many more but I'm not writing a blog here.

I'd ask you if you were a part of that culture, or whether these gifts actually fit into those categories, but then I realised that would be a waste of time. 

Just so you know, I took a look at the list, the very first one is a bit about the number 4. I know why you don't do that, and what you do to negate it as well. I surprised a waitress in a Chinese take away by asking for a red marker and changing the chit she'd given the. 

I got a chit with the number 44, so I put two dots in red, one before and one after the numbers. (I will be honest, I did dots because I cannot freehand a circle to save my life.) She looked at me in confusion until I showed her what I had done. She was very surprised at first, and then very apologetic that the chit said 44. I don't think that anyone had made the connection, as they don't get many ethnic Chinese people and I am not one, I just happen to know about that particular superstition. 

So, yeah, your list is nice, but it's mostly tied to some very old superstitions about how specific words are Chinese language homophones for words like death and dying and breakups. It doesn't  seem mention that there are counters for many of them. (If you want a link to confirm about the red dots I'll find one for you.)

It's also a bit of a reach, and I hope you recognise that. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Clarity

13 hours ago, birdobash said:

Incorrect. Don't throw wood on that fire. It's not a question of validity. Just don't do it.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime
  • Applause 1

I've been thinking, if a catch up mechanic or removal of functional items from the daily tribute system is out of the question, How would yall feel about letting the login counter tick upwards for a week since last login? I'm of the opinion that if you're specifically going for those items, logging in every day is quite the chore, and cutting that down to a login every monday or something without falling further behind would be awesome.

"But Chrono, its not a chore if you're enjoying the game." Fair point, there's plenty of things in the game to do, and i do enjoy playing it for hours every day regardless of what my login counter is at, but its about being considerate to those that do have the "chore" opinion. 

If our expectation for logging in is both hopping on every day and waiting for 1000 days, that might need a review. Even just hopping on once a week for 3 years shows unbelieveable dedication to the game, how much more can really be expected of players?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chronozilla said:

How would yall feel about letting the login counter tick upwards for a week since last login?

As a lot of other people will point out, the system is actually probably meant to boost the daily login count for DE so it inflates the numbers of people shown playing the game. It makes them look good. 

In return we get some free stuff, with a little something special thrown in every 50 days or so. 

They're not going to be likely to be interested in the suggestion you made, no matter how many people might like it. 

• Upvote 1

On 2018-08-29 at 2:21 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Those metrics don't go together at all. 4 missions might be 12-15 minutes tops for some people. 1 hour is only three twenty minute survivals (less for the loading screens). 300 mobs, really shouldn't take an hour to kill.

Not even close, no Xerxes I, am I. 300 enemies packed into a narrow space isn't a barrier, it's an invitation. 

Many of the people who log in for short periods, also run sorties. They just don't want to do marathon sessions. A lot of the fuss over log in rewards were just people complaining because they feel they shouldn't have to put any effort in, and others who don't want "n00bs" to get the same stuff they have, "because we earned it, and it's just being given away to anyone now".

Don't fret yourself trying to figure out how they can "fix" something that isn't actually broken. 

4 missions or 1h in total what comes first. (gives option to do for example 1h long survival to those who want it, or can be done under 20 min on short missions(even under 10 min actually)).

Also for those who run sorties - they have 3 missions already(sortie1, sortie2, sortie3), doing any quick one in 2-5min won't be a problem, right?

300 mobs a day just to show you don't for example take limbo and idle in rift absolutely useless(as we all know there are lazy players sometimes)

Also as i said before - both current and my variant can co-exist giving option to reach rewards 4 times faster if you play a bit.

Im 21 days from 1k login days. Idc if a new player at day 100 can get everything. Like it doesn't hurt me at all. It doesn't hurt any of us. Its not like its difficult to get that login. Just gotta play the game... Theres sum seriously stingy people in this community.

• Like 3

On 2018-08-31 at 2:32 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

What does that have to do with kids? I don't have any and never will, and I "opt out" for the real reason one would generally opt out of free stuff; I'm poor, the people close to me are poor, just poverty all around, really.

For that exact reason. Why waste money on me? Spend it on my kids instead. I'll survive without a gift, while it would make their day just to get something.