Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

[DE]Rebecca

38 minutes ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

why would you take another old weapon or primed mod? thats not really a choice since you cant trade them

Actually with the sake of the primed mods, they are tradeable by the patch after they are given out to players

So, going to be honest, this change doesn't do anything for me. I'm at just under 500 days and the Zenith, and will likely hit it before this comes out. After that, this change means I'm going to be on the exact same path and take the exact same amount of time to get to Shred and the Sigma as it would on the current one. To me, either there needs to be a catch up system put in place with this, or the choices should be every 50 log ins, as most players above MR20, generally won't need most of the caches and will only want the mods and weapons, and waiting 100-200 days for them, just doesn't give incentive to play

As a few people have stated the fundamental problem is that feeling like something is years off is going to demoralize anyone. It's not as if the players can actually accelerate the process. I've watched a lot of games cater themselves to veterans only to watch their game die off as the perceived distance between veterans and new players reached insane levels. And it's not the actual distance, perception is enough.

There have been so many good decisions made by the Warframe team with regards to not penalizing new players. The MR system is great. The fact that weapons have a hard cap on capacity and that you don't have to farm the weapon of the week are all awesome. This system feels like a relic of other lesser games. Please reconsider this a bit and remember that if the game is awesome people will keep playing it.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Why do so called "veteran" players whine whenever DE makes a move to improve things for new players? Whether you like it or not those new players keep DE running. Not every update needs to be catered to older players.

In the same line, most updates don't need to be catered to new players, like we've been seeing recently. Players that have put dedication into the game should be rewarded for it, or given some acknowledgement of their commitment.Exclusive weapons/cosmetics and items locked behind 700 login days aren't the correct way to do this, but people who have logged in for 1000 days like we're nearing, should get something small as a nod towards that.

I'm talking something tiny, like a mark on the profile screen or something at large milestones like 250/500/750/1000

I dislike this change. While picking rewards is nice, I don't see why you would pick anything other than what the current order already is. The mods already go from most to least useful, and you would always want the weapons before the cosmetics anyway. All this does is lengthen the time needed for all the weapons. I think the ideal system would be to combine the mod and weapon categories and let you pick from all of them every 100 days. The 50 day sigil rewards are fine though.

As someone with just over 960 days in the current system, I indifferent yet slightly optimistic of this new system. Since I have most of the rewards already, they new system doesn't benefit me on the milestones, but I do like the option to select more riven and even forma caches.

However I do have some questions:

1. Will all progress in the current system be retconed all the way back to zero? If so, will players in the middle of milestones receive the next reward or be left with nothing? Will there be any type of indication of how many days we logged into the old system with, be it a stat showing cumulative logins on our profile or some sigil?

2. Will the scaling be applied to other resources other than endo? Most long-term players already have high amount of each resource, but it would be a nice QoL to streamline the scaling across most drops and plat discounts. Of course rare resources would be excluded from the scaling.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

For the veterans on day 900, it would be 275 Endo.

This still feels really really low but it is an improvement over 80 endo for sure.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category.

I love this idea, mostly cuz im still days behind which in some way, makes me get possible new tribute weapons under 200 days since im 1 rotation away from it. BUT
You are telling me that every 100days i can get 3 rivens AND slots or 3 forma ? I'm not complaining but much rather wait 100days to get riven and riven slots than paying 60plt for slots.

Something that is also refreshing to see. is a way that Full free to play players can get potatos w/o doing sorties (Cuz rng) even if its every 100 days. its more reliable than sorties

Catch-up system is needed, but the OPs point here is that there's less reward for being a long time player, again. You can just get all the "good" stuff without having to log in for a literal year or more for specific items. I can understand feeling shafted by this change as s veteran with nothing to show for it myself.

1 minute ago, PoisonHD said:

In the same line, most updates don't need to be catered to new players, like we've been seeing recently. Players that have put dedication into the game should be rewarded for it, or given some acknowledgement of their commitment.Exclusive weapons/cosmetics and items locked behind 700 login days aren't the correct way to do this, but people who have logged in for 1000 days like we're nearing, should get something small as a nod towards that.

I'm talking something tiny, like a mark on the profile screen or something at large milestones like 250/500/750/1000

What recent updates have been catered to new players? POE? SO/ESO, The Sacrifice?

I like the progressive increase of value for logging in. However, the Milestone changes do not address that the problem is: you are locking game progression behind 2+ years worth of waiting.

Milestone days, if kept as is, should be able to be "sped" up through game play somehow. 

5 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Nothing put out by DE lately has been catered to newer players. Its difficult for them to even experience majority of it. And your continued reward is your small nod towards 1000 days. Its not like you get nothing.

Personally I did like the achievement of getting the x00 days login for weapons and gave me something to strive for.  Currently I'm working towards the Sigma and Octanis, but if someone from Day 200 can get it then...I would feel that my achievement for the 700 days would be diminished.  That is how I understood the new mechanics for the milestones to work, and I am not a big fan of it.

"Locking weapons behind 600 days of logging in is not a good idea so we are working on revamping the system"

- Solution: Lock the weapons behind 600 days of logging in and just allow the Players to pick the order (unless they just passed 200 or 400 days of logging in when this change goes live then they are screwed for nearly another year).

Soild Idea... Really what even is this?

What happened to the old idea of picking a track for 50 Days and then pick a new track once you reached these 50 days? Was a way better Idea then this (which in all honestly doesn't solve the overall issue we had with the login system which is that it takes 600 days to get the weapons, which it still does if this goes live). This is basicly the exact same system with the exact same issues we had before.

Expected something a lot better, this is just disappointing.

I'm having trouble putting this into words, but I feel that the biggest issue with the tribute system is the length of time it takes to achieve things. Fifty days is a nice simple number, it works well with a base ten number system, and divides cleanly into multiple of a hundred.

But years don't have three hundred and fifty days in them, they have three hundred and sixty five (or sometimes three hundred and sixty six), which means that those fifty days add up two almost two months in real time. What I would prefer is if the time window was shortened to thirty days, or four weeks.

That means once a month you have something to show for your efforts, and casual players who can only log on during the weekends can still make some progress during the year

Sorry, I know it sounds rough but it just feels like a brick wall for new players, and a long slog for old ones, and this is from someone who is nearing a thousand.

4 minutes ago, PH0T0Nman said:

Dude, seriously...

What I actually read: "WE had a hard time (logging in once a day) so how dare you give this fun stuff to new players. They haven't EARNED it. They must suffer this ridiculously long wait time"

Little Immature there no?

yes its a hard time, you dont know the reallity of those people that put the time and effort to log in every day, people that got a real life and yet managed to log in every day, forgive me for that sir.

when i say and repeat, they'll get to choose the best stuff that WAS LOCKED for us, we needed to wait that long to get the "cool stuff"... and THAT is not cool by ME.
They'll simply get the zenistar at 200, sigma at 400 and the armor at 600, that are the best drops, most people needed to wait at least 700 (sigma) days to get and not even putting into account the 1000 days armor.... that they still will get to choose at 600... its 400 DAYS before.
that is not fair for those that waited.

i dont mean that i dont want to players having it eary, it is just to point out that is not fair for those that waited.

This is a pretty cool change, and I guess with change there will always be some getting the short end of the stick.  I am on that short end.  I am about 40 days away from 200 logins, so almost to primed fury.  If the change gets implemented soon, that will push the mod drop for me (and countless others) out to 300 days, so 140 days away instead of 40.  Pretty bummed if the change comes and there is no thought of those that are close to their current milestone day login reward.  Maybe something like if you are less than 50 days away to the next milestone you get grandfathered in?

I kinda like receiving the daily tribute...it's a nice welcome to the day's other WF travails, frequently encountered (lag, lag, lag and more lag), but especially, this: i.e., not receiving the Twitch/Stream drops--including, the diadem, the gold statue, the cherry tree glyph, nor have I received the Thousand Year Stone Fish statue, nor did I receive the promised rewards for the Game Show Award stream earlier this year, even though all conditions were fulfilled. And it's not just me...on PS4...there be lots of other Tenno across all platforms who are in a similar situation.

And still no comment/apology/explanation from a responsible person. I even used the last DevStream 115 to submit a 'hard question' x 3 - and it was studiously ignored...though, I was not surprised as they were kinda busy, and that Chat does move exceedingly fast, so, maybe, whoever's job it is to review the Chat transcript will see them, and pass said questions up the chain of command, where maybe a (more) responsible person will address the issue, as it seriously warrants.

Anyhoo, back to the Daily Tribute: this is a very attractive feature, and, for my part, I am always happy to receive whatever's coming...and now that it will be changed, I have no problem with at all...because, I get this: it's a FREE gift and, imho, one should NOT look a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak! Nay!

That's my 2cents. YMMV

Cheers!

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Nothing put out by DE lately has been catered to newer players. Its difficult for them to even experience majority of it. And your continued reward is your small nod towards 1000 days. Its not like you get nothing.

Getting a new reward or still receiving one isn't a nod towards your playtime if it is something everyone can get. Whenever they really announce a new system, it's more targeted to new players, and their experience. From things like, what was supposed to be a veteran only ESO, got a lower level, casual mode for newer players to experience. Beta players (Which I am not) losing out on their exclusive Braton and Lato vandal with no nod towards how long they've been playing to have that. etc.

Things like that, that are only taking newer players into account without really acknowledging the dedicating of older players are what bother me. Losing my toys doesn't bother me in the slightest, give it all away since it's too hard to get right now. I just want the players who've had those items, or put the time in for them, to be acknowledged for it.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

What recent updates have been catered to new players? POE? SO/ESO, The Sacrifice?

Poe is on earth on the path to mars.  it is catered to any one bounies 1-3 are for newer players droping cheaper vertions of hard to get mods for newer player builds while later missions start at sorti 1 level.  the eidolan is only Mr5+ and can be done by new players (I have multiple trydolan captures at sub 300 days).  was the trydoaln supposed to be for the vets probably but the vet and a Mr 13 player have about the same amount of power in this game making any Vet centric content either unapproachable below Mr 15 (where most rivens are usable) or oper to any player with an s class frame and a well build kit.  that is how the game works.  in the effort to reward the grind and let you decide what you get to an extent every player can get the best gear early on with all weapons unlocked after MR 14 and all frames available after Mr5.  

Archived