[DE]Rebecca

Daily Tribute Dev Workshop!

3 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

Poe is on earth on the path to mars.  it is catered to any one bounies 1-3 are for newer players droping cheaper vertions of hard to get mods for newer player builds while later missions start at sorti 1 level.  the eidolan is only Mr5+ and can be done by new players (I have multiple trydolan captures at sub 300 days).  was the trydoaln supposed to be for the vets probably but the vet and a Mr 13 player have about the same amount of power in this game making any Vet centric content either unapproachable below Mr 15 (where most rivens are usable) or oper to any player with an s class frame and a well build kit.  that is how the game works.  in the effort to reward the grind and let you decide what you get to an extent every player can get the best gear early on with all weapons unlocked after MR 14 and all frames available after Mr5.  

That is far different from actually catering to new players specifically. I asked what content release as of late caters to newcomer, not what content can be done by them and vets alike. There is also a huge difference in actually doing the content or getting a ride through at the expense of others. Catering to new players would mean it was designed specifically for them while being non-rewarding for already experienced players.

And the vets asking for "content designed for Vets" are silly. A vet can be of any MR pretty much with any form of build, from bad to meta, it all depends what they spend their time doing in the game. What they should ask for is end-game content, content that is intended for well designed builds.

• Applause 2

Warframe has more of a lateral progression system. It's in it's DNA. The new login system fits that perfectly. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

7 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

none of them are meant for newer players like regular sanctuary onslaught.

onslaught starts at level 30 the story ends at Mr 5 in the level 30 area.  

power acquisition halts at MR 14 with a maximum halt at Mr 16, at this point all items are fully available the only difference game play between an MR16 and an MR25 player is void traces and standing caps

Edited by spirit_of_76

6 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Yes it has multiple levels of endgame, from normal to mythic dungeons/raids, but they all are endgame, none of them are meant for newer players like regular sanctuary onslaught.

Regular SO isnt ment for new players. It is ment for new and old alike due to Khora drops.

9 minutes ago, Shockness said:

I'm at 245 days, Nearly 50 days off of getting the Zenistar, and now you're saying I'll have to log in an additional 100 days making it 150 days before I can get either a Zenistar or something else of the pool? Atleast let me trade in the Azima as it's the most useless thing ever and let me choose something else instead.

This is an absolute nightmare for people who just went above 200 days, 400 days,..

I’m with you 100 percent. I’m at 238 and the thought of having to login another 100 days makes me angry. I said the same thing about trading in Azima that way we don’t get the shaft. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

as title says everyone gets choices except the ones who are at the max logins available we only get whatever new weapon or mod de issues we dont get a 1 of 3 choice ie primed mods weapons or syndanna's...kinda thought thats what trading was going to balance for us at the max logins...the the riven mods and endo whatever seem okay but not the primed mods and weapons thats only balanced for those with less logins

giphy.gif

Upscaling the resource rewards is a good decision.  However, please, please, please pump the brakes on changing this impending disaster that is "odds and evens" for the hundred day reward picks.  Keep the system for 50s/100s intact as-is, at least for now.

Hmmm...

I like much of what's here, but one thing in particular strikes me as very, very wrong.  The Primed Mods and Weapons should be swapped.  The most important thing from the Login system for most people are the Weapons, and while putting the Zenistar a hundred days earlier and Sigma and Octantis 300-500 days earlier might be nice, it means that in order to get all the weapons (and their corresponding mastery) is pushed back another hundred days, which is not at all desirable and is much worse in regards to driving people off.  Then it would be "Over two years of logins with no way to speed it up" rather than "Nearly two years of logins with no way to speed it up."

Plus, getting a shiny awesome themed weapon at your hundredth day feels way way way way better than "Hey here's a mod that requires a whole bunch of investment to be better than one you probably already have and might not even use."

For that matter, there are only four Primed mods through the login system currently, and frankly I don't want there to be more.  I greatly disagree with locking power behind logins, it is a flawed system.

Thus, I believe that the system should reward Weapons on odd-hundred milestones (100,300,500,etc) and Primed Mods on even-hundred milestones (200,400,etc).  Alternatively, combine the two pools and allow the player to choose from either set every hundred days.  This would allow for the pools to expand over time without restricting what could be added.

EDIT:  Cool, I'm pretty much on board with this now.  I would still think a combined X00 milestone pool with everything would be the better way to do it, but that's more of a minor gripe.

Edited by Vox_Preliator
  • Upvote 1

14 days until zenistar, o no i mean 114 days... I don't like this very much. Isn't it more sensible to leave the weapon rewards to 100, 300,... and the primed mods on 200, 400,...?

1 hour ago, InappropriateTennoName5009 said:

-snip-

Its fair because you already have everything and the choice to get the new items if you like them or the old ones if you are missing them or want more of them. New players and people who don't login daily will get to choose but still won't have everything. This also benefits people who mistakenly got rid of their important weapons and mods despite being vets because they can now get them back. 

Mean rant in spoiler. 

Spoiler

If you need any other reasons for this to be fair, try getting off your high horse and stop being so butt hurt that the primary target for the benefits of this change is for new players who feel completely overwhelmed by the sheer requirement of playing for years before they get those items. If you still feel wronged by the change, then just gloat about how you have all the items from the logins already. That should be enough to satisfy your pride parade right? 

• Applause 1

I don't see how this actually impacts the complaints of people who feel "left behind" by the system and have to wait X years to get certain items. Sure they can choose which, but they're still going to be years away from actually being able to get all the things. I get that it's supposed to encourage logging in, but there should also be some sort of factor that takes into account in-game hours played or something and that can help multiply your progress towards the next milestone, so that the more you actually play the closer you get to it.

• Upvote 1

Jeez ... VETS LISTEN!, DE isn't tone-deaf all these topics and all their youtube partners have already brought up this issue multiple times. 

10 to 1 they are going to give you something to compensate you, they've done it before like with the tonkor nerf and they will in all likelihood do it again. So please calm down. 

Hell whenever this change takes effect there will probably be threads filled with new players complaining about whatever DE gives the vets and all of you vets will be in here telling them to stop complaining.

Vicious cycle etc 

• Applause 1

Beyond Sigma & Octantis and Primed Shred the sundial equipment and primed mods arent even that good performance wise, and just because lodestar syandana takes place in day 800 and Primed Sure Footed in day 900 i dont think it is that necessary to change the other earlier existing odds / even 100 day milestones. Sundial equipments should stay in the odds hundreds instead of the even hundreds.

I'm glad to see the the milestones rewards won't be tradable. I feel that tradablility of login rewards would dum down the over all value of the time invested to get them in the first place; as for the rest, we'll just have to see how it plays out I suppose.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno!

You may recall us confirming back in Devstream #100 that we are looking at changing how the Daily Tribute system works. 15 Devstreams later, we had mockups to show, and we relied too much on recall of that 100th Devstream to properly explain the changes, so here’s a write up of two parts: the Scaling day-to-day, and the Milestones!

Scaling Day-to-day:

In the current Daily Tribute system, the day to day rewards have very little scaling. There was two tiers of rewards, so for example, the lower Endo reward was 50 Endo, and the higher was 80. And then we decided if you got lower or higher based on Mastery Rank times 5%. So a Mastery Rank 10 player would have a 50/50 chance and a Mastery Rank 20 player would be guaranteed to get the higher reward. Which isn’t much scaling at all.

On the new system it now scales based on the amount of days you have logged on. They increase by 25% for every 50 days. So for the example of Endo, the starting value will be 50 Endo, someone at 400 days, will get 3x the rewards as someone just starting, 150 Endo. For the veterans on day 900, it would be 275 Endo. This is just free Endo for logging in that now scales better - we know that’s not headline news, but it is better.

MR

Old Endo Average

Days

New Endo Average

It’s largely the 50 day intervals that are under discussion, so let’s take a look at the changes there:

Milestones:

For Daily Tribute milestone rewards, we’ve divided them into three separate categories that will appear at the intervals listed below:

1. Sigils and Resources. Days 50, 150, 250, etc.

Includes packs like Sigil, Forma and Orokin Reactor. All existing packs will be an option for these intervals.
Includes evergreen packs like 3 x Riven Mod and we are considering adding 3 x Forma.

2. Primed Mods. Days 100, 300, 500, etc.

All existing Primed Mods will be an option for these intervals.

3. Weapons and Equipment. Days 200, 400, 600, etc.

This includes the Azima, Zenistar, etc. But also includes the Lodestar Syandana and the upcoming Lodestar Armor Set!

The simple explanation here is that once you've reached a given category, you pick an eligible item from that category. We are also looking into adding a fourth category past the 1000 Milestone with more 'evergreen' rewards'.

Under some amount of debate is also Milestone rewards such as Primed Mods and Weapons, being tradable. At this time, we are removing this from the plan.

As a final point, we are making these changes because the linearity and complete lack of customization of the system is starting to show its age. We've made it only slightly more flexible while still respecting the core need to login frequently. Personalization is a huge part of Warframe and we think that this changes the Daily Tribute system to better reflect that. With the new track milestones, we're hoping each Tenno will have a reason to look forward to those 50 day logins.

So stay tuned all, hopefully this clarifies the current plan!

by the time a player gets to chose between weapon (mastery fodder) and a fancy syndana, they will probably ditch the cosmetic for weapon outright, Now I remember that you considered the ability to make these weapons tradeable. That will further diminish the choice of the accesories even more, making them obsolete for a majority.

oh nonononononNONONONO! this may be slightly better for newer players and doesn't matter for older players, but what about all the players between days 200 and 300??? you just made them skip out on the zenistar for another 200 days!  I am personally on the very worst side of the spectrum considering tonight my daily tribute will be day 200 and ill have to wait another 200 days to get eh zenistar xd and ik many of my clanmates are in the same position between day 200 and 300 meaning we just missed out on a lot of time.

So, it's still gonna take years to get all the weapons? Not much of a change, then...

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Edited by (PS4)iQuedas
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Deshiel said:

by the time a player gets to chose between weapon (mastery fodder) and a fancy syndana, they will probably ditch the cosmetic for weapon outright, Now I remember that you considered the ability to make these weapons tradeable. That will further diminish the choice of the accesories even more, making them obsolete for a majority.

Lol yeah, not only it kinda lose the feel of getting rewarded for staying with the game for hundreds of days by making them can be put in whichever order u wish,

it can encourage p2w instinct as people would just outright slam plat and trade for it without the need to even log in for hundreds of days. I wonder if they ever learnt from people who tried hard to sell their primed fury for thousands of platinum despite it being an ensured reward if u hit the login tribute day 200 milestone (currently).

I have concerns by still essentially locking login weapon's mastery behind 600 days at least of logging in, good to see it's not specific login weapons at least. Overall an improvement, time frame seems unnecessarily large and thus discouraging to people who aren't more than fairly dedicated.

This doesn't change the daily tribute system much though.

When you said we could choose what we want when we hit any milestone every 50 days I thought we could get to choose ANYTHING we wanted, not make 3 different milestone categories...

• Upvote 1

when the current login reward system was implemented, how far ahead did players know the rewards they'd get? i checked the forum post it went live and only the azima at day 100 was mentioned