Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most damage from a single strike/shot?

Having seen the current thread on what people feel is the best weapon in the game, it got me thinking.

First off, as it didn't specify between melee or primary/secondary, I wondered how you would really go about answering that question.

After all, there are so many variables.

Who are you fighting and how is it vulnerable, which frame are you using, have you done the various weapon upgrades from the use of an Orokin to double up your mod "points", to adding forma, and then upgrading each individual mod in turn?

Do you play on a controller or with a mouse and keyboard, which can play a part in your aiming speed and accuracy; a factor which may cause some weapons to be less or more popular depending on the control scheme used. 

It may play a small part in any evaluation, but it is a variable nonetheless.

Anyway, my point is it got me thinking just what would be the single most powerful attack in the game; taking all those factors into account.

When i say single attack it literally means just that; either one strike from a melee weapon or one shot from a gun, bow, launcher etc...and done so in the most vulnerable place, which would most likely be the head for most NPCs. 

Would it be a single slash from a seriously upgraded Zaw?

A single headshot from the best sniper rifle in the game?

Could it be a stealth kill as you creep up on someone?

A blast from an OP buffed Hek?

When talking numbers it would be great for the noobs like me if there was some kind of comparison, such as "XYZ had 200 when I first got it and now it's 10,000".

Whatever the 200 was and how it got to 10,000 would hopefully be explained too.

Perhaps it could be based on a set of parameters commonly agreed on, such as;

Damage 

Puncture 

Corrosive

Those were just 3 that came to mind.

I hope someone can produce something truly redonk-u-lous.

I don't know about ''most'' because I'm not really in the mood to do any math, but I think dealing almost 2 million damage with my stick with several more thousands of damage to nearby enemies is pretty good for a sub-par weapon. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

vQ75Vit.jpg

Unfortunately, the answer most are going to give is just ''Covert Lethality Dagger'' or ''Weakpoint Banshee'', one killing everything and the other allowing you to reach the damage cap, neither are particularly helpful :S

Although nor am I, so whatevs.

2 minutes ago, Wrum said:

are you talking theoretical damage or the actual damage cap? the damage cap i basically just the max number that the game can calculate but if you didn't have this restriction you could go way higher.

Pretty much this

and it appears to be a signed 32 bit(?) integer because I've actually seen someone hit high enough that it rolled over into negative damage. 

Banshee+Nova+Rhino+Chroma/Octavia

If this was back during raids I would add an Equinox and 3 Nidus.

All of them have max power strength.

Equinox applies an 80% PS bonus to everyone. The Nidus (Niduses? Nidi?) apply their 3 to the Banshee, Rhino, and Chroma/Octavia.

Rhino roars, Banshee applies sonar, Nova applies Molecular Prime. If you have a Chroma, apply and max Vex Armor. If Octavia, use Amp and max its volume cap.

Finally, your weapon.

Tigris Prime has the single highest base damage in the game if all pellets connect. If you have modded for 100% status chance and max multishot, you will also do ~10 slash procs, which will ignore armor and deal DoT.

Alternatively, the Lanka can reach 100% crit chance with max zoom, and has a max crit damage of 6x.

I won't get into the actual numbers, because that would take way to long for me to calculate. I will leave that to others.

5 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I won't get into the actual numbers, because that would take way to long for me to calculate. I will leave that to others.

Although maybe this will change once 32 bit is phased out and everyone's on 64 bit.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Unfortunately, the answer most are going to give is just ''Covert Lethality Dagger'' or ''Weakpoint Banshee'', one killing everything and the other allowing you to reach the damage cap, neither are particularly helpful :S

the limit of Covert Lethality  will be how much the target have of HP.

ps: outstanding wukong damage good job

ps²: thank you -AoN-CanoLathra-

Edited by Simione

4 minutes ago, Simione said:

Covert Lethality  apply +100 damage on the dagger damage, the best dagger have only 50 base damage =150 base damage 

its better using a Arca titron that have 180 base damage for the ash teleport build.

resuming Covert Lethality is overrated. 

ps: outstanding wukong damage good job

But, Covert Lethality deals whatever damage it takes to kill the enemy, as long as it is open to a finisher.

So, It can deal however much damage a level 9999 Nox can take. Which is actually a theoretically infinite amount of damage, since at that level the armor scales to the point the game rounds the DR to 100%

theoretically any high crit damage melee weapon with a blood rush is infinite (barring integer limits obviously)

currently my war which doesnt have maxed out primed pressure point, blood rush, or any other damage increasing mods and is built for critical damage, % and speed. using vazarin way during a spin at 2x combo does 450k damage... or about 35k on a tempo royale august mesto slam benefitting from the attack speed boost of berserker + valkyr eternal war warcry...

so yah.

really depends on what you put on your stuff xD

With damage buff or without? Cause with damage buff the highest damage is the integer cap. Without damage buff iirc a headcritting Condition Overload Glaive with Zakti on the side hit for something like 20 million damage before the slash proc kicks in. And with the slash proc it totals at about 42mln damage over 6s of which 22mln is finisher damage. 

Don't think there's much that can beat that tbh. 

For reference a double slash procing ground pound with stealth modifier kicking in from the highest damaging dual swords deals about 12mln at 4x combo and it requires Artax to proc blast and corrosive on top of the guaranteed cold proc. 

Edited by Autongnosis

2 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

With damage buff or without? Cause with damage buff the highest damage is the integer cap. Without damage buff iirc a headcritting Condition Overload Glaive with Zakti on the side hit for something like 20 million damage before the slash proc kicks in. And with the slash proc it totals at about 42mln damage over 6s of which 22mln is finisher damage. 

Don't think there's much that can beat that tbh. 

For reference a double slash procing ground pound with stealth modifier kicking in from the highest damaging dual swords deals about 12mln at 4x combo and it requires Artax to proc blast and corrosive on top of the guaranteed cold proc. 

I guess with buff.

There is no limit on how much you have upgraded/buffed the weapon.

It's the only way to get the really big damage numbers, isn't it?

Well if 42 mln is small... XD

Anyway with buff you get Banshee that easily goes to damage cap and that's about it. Or you can abuse Hunter Munitions on a Rhino but that gives way less damage anyway, even with all the double dipping. 

Consider this, basically if we're talking high damage we're talking melee alone. Condition Overload on a proper setup is too good, ot can't be beaten in any way. The other way to get high damage is Banshee but that works regardless of weapon so... 

It's even worse if you do some crazy S#&$ with procs and a maiming strike+CO build. 

7 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

But, Covert Lethality deals whatever damage it takes to kill the enemy, as long as it is open to a finisher.

So, It can deal however much damage a level 9999 Nox can take. Which is actually a theoretically infinite amount of damage, since at that level the armor scales to the point the game rounds the DR to 100%

While correct, you have to remember that stealth kill finishers completely bypass armor and shields.  Which means armor isn't in the damage calculation at all for Covert Lethality.  

3 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Well if 42 mln is small... XD

Anyway with buff you get Banshee that easily goes to damage cap and that's about it. Or you can abuse Hunter Munitions on a Rhino but that gives way less damage anyway, even with all the double dipping. 

Consider this, basically if we're talking high damage we're talking melee alone. Condition Overload on a proper setup is too good, ot can't be beaten in any way. The other way to get high damage is Banshee but that works regardless of weapon so... 

It's even worse if you do some crazy S#&$ with procs and a maiming strike+CO build. 

I was wondering whether a melee strike would be the ultimate one hit/shot damage dealer, so it's interesting you suggest this too.

Would you agree or disagree with me that sliding as you strike would/could add significantly more damage?

I think the biggest I ever saw was just about twenty minutes ago.  I'd jumped into a random group on the Plains of Eidolon with a bounty to kill some ghoul alpha.  No idea what was really going on, only that I was getting flung around by explosives.

Anyway, my Mag faceplants right next to what is apparently the ultimate target of all our wild gunfire, so I get up and hit the classic Mag Polarize/Magnetize combo.  With me and my entire team dumping everything we've got into the bubble.  A moment alter and *BOOM* a quarter of the targets health is chopped off.

So I did it two more times.  Still no idea what the hell was going on, enemy fire coming from the grass every which way (note: I really hope Fortuna isn't that overgrown. PoE is almost impossible to find targets) so I just started hosing everything grineer shaped and pulling enemies into easily AoE'd piles.

Edited by Highlord83

I'd suggest perhaps something to do with Limbo and his Rift Torrent augment. Because that, to my knowledge, has the biggest potential damage buff, so if you were to fire the hardest hitting single shot with the biggest potential buff, that should hit the hardest, right? Not counting the Banshee weakpoint thing. Another question is, does Chroma's damage buff stack with another instances

If so, would that maybe be an Opticor (to my knowledge, biggest single shot) with a triple bonus godroll riven to Damage, Crit Chance and Crit Damage and otherwise built for highest damage and highest possible crit, headshot with Three Umbral Chromas at full fury buff supporting a Limbo with the highest possible rift torrent buff (which I don't know how high that is. Biggest I've gained is 6,000-ish%, in ESO). Either that, or one of the Chromas gets swapped out for a Harrow to boost the Crit headshot even higher. So, assuming that the highest I've gained, 6000%, is the feasible max, considering that each Chroma gives roughly 1000% damage buff on their own, that'd be some 9000% damage buff.

That should about do the trick.

The max damage cap is something like 2.3 billion and I've seen it achieved by bullet jumping after covering the enemy in banshee sonars so yeh.. damage in this game become meaningless at a certain point and infintely scaling abilities come into play. Single weapon damage matters very little.

Actual single weapon damage with no buffs you'd be hard pressed to beat a sniper properly modded with a riven and keeping the combo multiplier nice and high.

Edited by Zilchy

23 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Actual single weapon damage with no buffs you'd be hard pressed to beat a sniper properly modded with a riven and keeping the combo multiplier nice and high.

I thought about this, and tried to come up with others that might beat it.  I couldn't think of any without them getting some type of buff.  

Some might think that it's the Lanka that can make this claim, but I have to give it to the Rubico.  Because of it's extremely high crit damage multiplier.  

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I thought about this, and tried to come up with others that might beat it.  I couldn't think of any without them getting some type of buff.  

Some might think that it's the Lanka that can make this claim, but I have to give it to the Rubico.  Because of it's extremely high crit damage multiplier.  

Rubico or vectis with reload mods making it almost instantaneous on say a chroma with green energy.

8 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Opticor because of its beam nature can reach 12b dmg AOE in single shot.

Best thing is that lanka and other sniper rifles need combo to reach that,while opticor can do that unbuffed by using these mods and DE hates me for it <click here to read more>

12 billion damage? That would be impressive considering the damage cap of the game is 2.3 billion. You'd never see a higher number. If that were true it'd be the meta for hunting Eidolons. Your link doesn't work btw.

Edited by Zilchy

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

12 billion damage? That would be impressive considering the damage cap of the game is 2.3 billion. You'd never see a higher number. If that were true it'd be the meta for hunting Eidolons. Your link doesn't work btw.

It does display as multiple numbers because it is the proc that does this dmg
it is like when you shoot with shotgun and then see 200 procs of slash at once
here is fixed link <Click here for opticor 12b guide>

OP did not say "one number" just one shot,and this does pass as one shot.
You could even count in possible aoe done,in that case amprex could beat many things.
Here is how I mod my amprex to clear whole map on single ele proc and devs hate me for it <click here>

12 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

While correct, you have to remember that stealth kill finishers completely bypass armor and shields.  Which means armor isn't in the damage calculation at all for Covert Lethality.  

Yes, but Nox have a special DR that isn't bypassed by finisher damage, and it scales with level. It doesn't scale very quickly, but by level 9999 it should be at 100%.

That's why you have to use %based damage (Trinity) or Covert Lethality.

Not that anyone really runs into level 9999 Nox. But, this thread is mostly theoretical in nature anyway.