Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mods rng is soo fair

iheboiasli707

Im not trying to be salty but lets be honest the rng on the riven mods is soo unfair some people r getting good ones while others r getting a bs ones everytime like not even bad stats but trash weapons no would use so u cant even trade them lets not talk abt the riven mods trading system where people only wants to sell or buy the 5-6 same op weapons or prices that can reach 2.5k , we cant forget the rng behind rerolling those rivens like when u at least reach the 50th rerole chances of getting good stats must change to higher not get (+dmg to corpus/reload speed -dmg ) its really unfair like rivens arents ez to get either they should be worth the grind some of the mission r like impossible to do so at least we must get a reward not a zarr that no one uses . 

Honestly, it gives me a good reason to run 1hr Kuva Fortress Survival over and over. It’s where I level up Frames/Weapons that I reforma’d.

Take the Skiajati Riven I had since when I bought it unrolled. It’s got a bit of history (long post, beware), and I wanted the best stats possible for it with the two Sacrificial mods equipped:

8ru045x.jpg

The stats are ideal for my quality of life, but that negative really hampered on what the Skiajati is known for: invisibility proc after a standing finisher. And only attack speed mods that boost the stat apply, Berserker has no effect. The next reroll went into:

0ABzBAY.jpg

Very good stats. The negative is fine because of scaling damage. But I felt I could do better up until I fudged it up here:

TAaOve4.jpg

On paper those stats are AMAZING, but that Heat damage was a pretty big downer since I wanted to advocate the use of Primed Fever Strike in my build. And the lack of Status Chance mods in my build hampered any stat procs, especially with this Riven’s insistence for Gas damage. No bueno. And after much trial, error, sweat, and more sweat, I got this roll:

TZCyUTE.jpg

Very high stats, great negative, fits the nature I wanted to build my Skiajati with Sacrificial mods, I called it quits here.

Long story short, the Riven reroll system is a tenacious ***** that is completely unrewarding at all. However, it covers a niche and it gives you something to do. And if you want something really bad and if you have nothing better to do, the hunt for Kuva is always great and rerolling Rivens is always a great surprise.

For reference on the Discord Semlar Riven Calculator:

wghMRXt.jpg 

On 2018-08-21 at 12:35 PM, iheboiasli707 said:

Im not trying to be salty but lets be honest the rng on the riven mods is soo unfair some people r getting good ones while others r getting a bs ones everytime like not even bad stats but trash weapons no would use so u cant even trade them lets not talk abt the riven mods trading system where people only wants to sell or buy the 5-6 same op weapons or prices that can reach 2.5k , we cant forget the rng behind rerolling those rivens like when u at least reach the 50th rerole chances of getting good stats must change to higher not get (+dmg to corpus/reload speed -dmg ) its really unfair like rivens arents ez to get either they should be worth the grind some of the mission r like impossible to do so at least we must get a reward not a zarr that no one uses . 

A zarr Groll will still bring a nice stipend.

On 2018-08-21 at 1:26 PM, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Honestly, it gives me a good reason to run 1hr Kuva Fortress Survival over and over. It’s where I level up Frames/Weapons that I reforma’d.

Take the Skiajati Riven I had since when I bought it unrolled. It’s got a bit of history (long post, beware), and I wanted the best stats possible for it with the two Sacrificial mods equipped:

8ru045x.jpg

The stats are ideal for my quality of life, but that negative really hampered on what the Skiajati is known for: invisibility proc after a standing finisher. And only attack speed mods that boost the stat apply, Berserker has no effect. The next reroll went into:

0ABzBAY.jpg

Very good stats. The negative is fine because of scaling damage. But I felt I could do better up until I fudged it up here:

TAaOve4.jpg

On paper those stats are AMAZING, but that Heat damage was a pretty big downer since I wanted to advocate the use of Primed Fever Strike in my build. And the lack of Status Chance mods in my build hampered any stat procs, especially with this Riven’s insistence for Gas damage. No bueno. And after much trial, error, sweat, and more sweat, I got this roll:

TZCyUTE.jpg

Very high stats, great negative, fits the nature I wanted to build my Skiajati with Sacrificial mods, I called it quits here.

Long story short, the Riven reroll system is a tenacious ***** that is completely unrewarding at all. However, it covers a niche and it gives you something to do. And if you want something really bad and if you have nothing better to do, the hunt for Kuva is always great and rerolling Rivens is always a great surprise.

For reference on the Discord Semlar Riven Calculator:

wghMRXt.jpg 

Gas is better than corrosive if ur building for the proc. Even and especially against grineer.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

There wasn’t enough status chance to warrant Gas in the Skiajati build, I assure you.

Ok, its a common misconception that gas is horrible against grineer. Gas dmg itself isnt great, but a crit infused gas proc on the otyber hand... Which is toxic, is quite effective. Especially with the ability to stack gas procs and the aoe of damage thats left in its wake.

On 2018-08-23 at 3:33 PM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Ok, its a common misconception that gas is horrible against grineer. Gas dmg itself isnt great, but a crit infused gas proc on the otyber hand... Which is toxic, is quite effective. Especially with the ability to stack gas procs and the aoe of damage thats left in its wake.

True. I love my Gas Scourge

Sorties are easy enough once you get a riven on one decent weapon. From there on no sortie assassination is too hard, except maybe Ambulas if you dont have a good squad. Kela could be hard too, havent fought her yet on sorties.

But yeah I'm with OP on the last point of making the riven rerolls produce better stats once you reach certain treshold, it's really stupid 40-50 rolls for good stats is common enough, even with boosters that's 13 x 40 minute runs on kuva survival, which amounts to 8 hours 40 minutes. I guess it's not that bad when you can get the syndicate daily cap on the one 40min run and a lot of trash mods for endo but still. 8 hours for 1k+ platinum is really not that bad, even though it's double the time without boosters. Seems to be on the Hema level.

Rivens do not impact the game in any material way. Players do not need rivens to do ANY content. Rivens are basically fluff and toys for bored vets trying to excel in the simulacrum, not the actual game. I love collecting and playing with them, think they are a great addition to the game, but as a matter of fact and not opinion, they simply do not affect the game in any material way other than as a great plat sink.

Once again, there -are- games out there with tiered gear in which the next tier/quality of gear is required to do the next content. Repeat after me so it sinks in... WARFRAME IS NOT THAT GAME... please stop with the repetitive confusion.

New players, don't be gullible enough to fall for the high prices you see in trade chat or riven market. Those are to fool people with more $$ than sense.

Oh, and if someone wants rivens, they have come -way- down in price. I have bought an astounding array of dirt cheap and great rivens over the last few days, none for more than 150p, some for as little as 25 plat. As the supply of them increases daily and with rewards such as the event's pistol riven, there will be a glut of good ones to the extent there isn't already. Like many other aspects of WF, if you want to get rivens for whatever reason, learn to trade. But whatever you do, don't buy into the myth that rivens will make you better at this game or able to do things in the game you wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

Edited by Buttaface