Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Crits im chasing the numbers

PMR25

Question

basically im asking for help on how to get high red crits thus far i have gotten to 10k red's on most high crit chance melee's but i have seen thro YT and just playing it be possibe to hit 100k to 10,000k red crits and im chasing that so want some help on how to do that thro my builds i got forma i got arcanes i got frames i got melee's how do i do it 

https://imgur.com/a/Lxjp70q

https://imgur.com/a/oE2Fg5O

Edited by PMR25

19 answers to this question

People use critical chance on slide + bloodrush to reach such insane amounts.

Currently the critical chance on slide is added additively as base critical chance!

So a weapon with a base crit of 10% would be considered as a base critical of 100% on slide with Maimimg Strike. Combine this with Blood Rush to reach insane amounts of crits.

However... melee rework is close. I doubt this is going to stay long.

I've done it 2 ways. 

1. Smeeta Kavat buff for crits. Random whenever I get the buff

2. Maiming Strike and Blood Rush. Spin to win basically and more consistently with 70k+ red crits (depending on the enemy type) with my zaw (built for status though).

Edited by Brandt1

as far as weapon builds go I recommend a zaw with a sepfahn+vargheet II jai+ any handle (I've gotten best results with a seekala). then just slap on that good ol' blood rush/bodycount build with true steel for instant crit madness.

at least that's the way I've used so far...

Edited by erasthmus

2 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

People use critical chance on slide + bloodrush to reach such insane amounts.

Currently the critical chance on slide is added additively as base critical chance!

So a weapon with a base crit of 10% would be considered as a base critical of 100% on slide with Maimimg Strike. Combine this with Blood Rush to reach insane amounts of crits.

However... melee rework is close. I doubt this is going to stay long.

To my understanding, this also works for pretty much every other additive crit source. So Maiming Strike, Arcane Avenger, Adarza kavats, Harrow's 4, etc. all stack multiplicatively with Blood Rush.

The result is hilariously overpowered. DE seems to have gone out of their way to ignore it, though-- they're literally reworking melee mechanics from the ground up instead of addressing the additive crits + BR interaction.

I deal 80K+ Red Crits with my Zaw Dagger, some times dealing over 120K on Headshots.

I have started playing with Exodia Contagion on said Dagger and managed to deal a 19KK Red Crit tho its highly risky as i can easily kill my self with it.

Spoiler

ivWnmAT.jpg

9N1e6y0.jpg

6 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Just Banshee bro.

I believe hes here to actually learn to play the game and be good and not some Press4ToWin #$&(%.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Just Banshee bro.

i banshee'd alot pre nerf but now i just don't use her as my build was made for what DE nerfed Quake and ya it's not that bad of a nerf just kills my build if i have used her i just 2 and 3 now but she needs more survival/tank 

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I deal 80K+ Red Crits with my Zaw Dagger, some times dealing over 120K on Headshots.

I have started playing with Exodia Contagion on said Dagger and managed to deal a 19KK Red Crit tho its highly risky as i can easily kill my self with it.

Reveal hidden contents

ivWnmAT.jpg

9N1e6y0.jpg

I believe hes here to actually learn to play the game and be good and not some Press4ToWin #$&(%.

I am actually as after 4 yrs playing since 2015 im not seeing the results i've been told by others who've been on as long or longer 😛

1 hour ago, erasthmus said:

as far as weapon builds go I recommend a zaw with a sepfahn+vargheet II jai+ any handle (I've gotten best results with a seekala). then just slap on that good ol' blood rush/bodycount build with true steel for instant crit madness.

at least that's the way I've used so far...

Zaw's was a route i very much considered but i comes back to my lenses and focus which im still in the process of doing only now getting farming for eidelon lenses so i can go on to farm the teralyst and eventually guantalyst or just the two other ones 

Glaidiator mods + Blood Rush + organ shatter and a long hit streak and I have done 1 million damage to infested in a hit.   It is glorious.   I usually start at 2-3k per hit and then hit 20-30k, then 100k+ then 800k-1mil comes alot later lol.   

U dont need true steel or meme strike.  You just need a hit streak. (or did need *crys*)

23 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

22 hours ago, PMR25 said:

i banshee'd alot pre nerf but now i just don't use her as my build was made for what DE nerfed Quake and ya it's not that bad of a nerf just kills my build if i have used her i just 2 and 3 now but she needs more survival/tank 

The thread is about crits and the first thing both of you think is Sound Quake? Last I checked Sound Quake doesn't multiply your damage by 10. Sonar does. That's how you turn 10k into 100k and 100k into a million. And that's only Sonar, not to mention the bonus from Silence. You both just proved you know nothing about how to play the game.

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The thread is about crits and the first thing both of you think is Sound Quake? Last I checked Sound Quake doesn't multiply your damage by 10. Sonar does. That's how you turn 10k into 100k and 100k into a million. And that's only Sonar, not to mention the bonus from Silence. You both just proved you know nothing about how to play the game.

Hes trying to Mod a Weapon to go with his Excal Umbra so why mention Banshee? I know Banshee has Sonar which significantly boosts Crit damage but its out of the case as he wants the build to work with UMBRA. And i can easily get over a million damage without Banshee so excuse me if i know how to play the game better than you without Sonar.

Just get arcane avenger + good crit melee and instead of moding for slash procs, go for corrosive versus Heavy Gunners and you'll fast see big red numbers..

One possible build:and this is pretty much my go to build for almost all melee. Either no element and pure slash procs build or corrosive - for big numbers and a bit shorter time to kill sometime. I build around my rivens, so tight on slots.

zx1mqo.jpg

2cgzho5.jpg

a2wtww.jpg

wumf05.jpg

Results:

2i78vt5.jpg

ioqg00.jpg

168zled.jpg

So it's as easy as CO + Blood Rush + Gladiator Might (very important) + Corrosive vs Ferrite armor + active Arcane Avenger and voila!

Big red numbers only with modding and 1 arcane, no abilities needed.

PS. Real crit weapons will get into red zone as soon as Avenger first time procs, others that are made with no crits in mind, like the Scoliac/Tonbo will get there just a bit later. They will still produce huge orange numbers too.

Edited by .Re-light.

On 2018-08-22 at 12:04 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Glaidiator mods + Blood Rush + organ shatter and a long hit streak and I have done 1 million damage to infested in a hit.   It is glorious.   I usually start at 2-3k per hit and then hit 20-30k, then 100k+ then 800k-1mil comes alot later lol.   

U dont need true steel or meme strike.  You just need a hit streak. (or did need *crys*)

this is my latest find or theory as im using speed builds tho im am using maxed sacrafical steel for max crit chance but i wager since im using channel mode anyway to even crit if i do it longer enough i'll see those number but jeez your saying 1mil that way more but i'd take if i can do it 

8 hours ago, PMR25 said:

this is my latest find or theory as im using speed builds tho im am using maxed sacrafical steel for max crit chance but i wager since im using channel mode anyway to even crit if i do it longer enough i'll see those number but jeez your saying 1mil that way more but i'd take if i can do it 

Tree Steel/Sac Steel can help you start getting big crits faster but...totally unecessary....You could use that mod slot for organ shatter and or Gladiator might so that your crit damage is multiplied.  Your going to crit anyways.   150%/combo + gladiator mod bonus of 30-60%/combo.   

On 2018-08-22 at 10:08 PM, .Re-light. said:

Just get arcane avenger + good crit melee and instead of moding for slash procs, go for corrosive versus Heavy Gunners and you'll fast see big red numbers..

One possible build:and this is pretty much my go to build for almost all melee. Either no element and pure slash procs build or corrosive - for big numbers and a bit shorter time to kill sometime. I build around my rivens, so tight on slots.

zx1mqo.jpg

2cgzho5.jpg

a2wtww.jpg

wumf05.jpg

Results:

2i78vt5.jpg

ioqg00.jpg

168zled.jpg

So it's as easy as CO + Blood Rush + Gladiator Might (very important) + Corrosive vs Ferrite armor + active Arcane Avenger and voila!

Big red numbers only with modding and 1 arcane, no abilities needed.

PS. Real crit weapons will get into red zone as soon as Avenger first time procs, others that are made with no crits in mind, like the Scoliac/Tonbo will get there just a bit later. They will still produce huge orange numbers too.

No arcane Avenger but i do have arcane fury but avenger was on my list to get as anything to help me get crits was viable imo besides that ik i can trade for it but it expensive btwn plat and creds highest you can buy is $200 for 2500 and you'll go thro that real quick on 1 arcane tho ig if i only buying 1 then it's not so bad the other option is to farm eidelons but im still working on my focus for operator with at least now 2 eidelon lenses so anything you got for that advice wise im open

Edited by PMR25