Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battery Sniper Please

ZarakkiZenn

Something I thought of that'd be fun to use:

• 6 shot sniper with 2s reload that automatically starts recharging after 1s.
  • 20% critical change, 25-35% status chance.
  • Elemental damage, perhaps fire with a spash AoE effect.

Utilizing the Cyrcron's and Flux Rifle's charge mechanics circumvents one of the main issues with snipers: magazine capacity to reload time, making it so it automatically recharges in between shots. Another issue snipers have, and this applies to SEMI weapons in general, is being a single shot weapon in a horde based shooter (gg); sniper have high damage to compensate, and that is fair, but perhaps we can do better. So, the high status suggested is on purpose and the low crit to compensate. High status and having base elemental damage only makes a gas build viable, which ads yet another layer of usability to such a weapon: clearing small groups of enemies with single shots. Granted, gas isn't well regarded but on a critical headshot from a weapon with good base damage it is significant. And although I realize I could use the Lanka for this, the status chance and split damage isn't enough to make it consistent; also, it's not a battery weapon which is what I'm suggesting.

Regardless, I think such a sniper, even if not the best by any means, would be a very fun weapon to use. In particular because unexpectedly clearing a group of enemies is always very satisfying and the high precision requirement of semi weapons tends to be more rewarding, albeit impractical. So this idea, in practice, is to patch up the two main issues with snipers so that at least one of them becomes appealing for general use.