Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1000 Day Login Reward

Faulcun

I saw a screenshot of the armor in another thread but it was very low quality.  I made a screenshot of my preview. You can make out the sundial face in the chest piece. The leg and shoulder parts seem to have one big sundial arm in each. (apparently called a "gnomon")

JB0NB8D.jpg

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

I saw a screenshot of the armor in another thread but it was very low quality.  I made a screenshot of my preview. You can make out the sundial face in the chest piece. The leg and shoulder parts seem to have one big sundial arm in each. (apparently called a "gnomon")

JB0NB8D.jpg

It looks potentially nice. The fact that I'm about a month away from the 950 milestone made me a little sad.

On 2018-08-21 at 8:01 PM, Faulcun said:

I suspect DE plans to release the Lodestar armor set.

I truly hope this is not the case. Fashion frame is NOT a real endgame. It started as a meme because there is NO real endgame.

I was very disappointed with the syandana for an 800 day reward.

We all started playing this game to blow stuff up, not to look pretty.

The 1000 day milestone is an incredibly significant reward, especially for veterans. In my opinion, it should be a warframe.

I agree that the fashion frame end game joke have gone out of hand, completely and utterly out of hand. It's so out of control, that it's more important to add more cosmetics, than it is fixing issues with the gameplay.

With that being said, I don't think a warframe is a good option for a 1.000 day login reward. Either they will have to be meh and it won't really be used or they can make it decent/okay/good and then there's going to be even more crying from entitled little timmy. The fact entitled little timmys tantrums have to be considered is in the first place pathetic, but even more worryingly, his tantrums takes away from fixes and changes that warframe actually needs.

On 2018-08-22 at 1:01 AM, Faulcun said:

I suspect DE plans to release the Lodestar armor set.

I truly hope this is not the case. Fashion frame is NOT a real endgame. It started as a meme because there is NO real endgame.

I was very disappointed with the syandana for an 800 day reward.

We all started playing this game to blow stuff up, not to look pretty.

The 1000 day milestone is an incredibly significant reward, especially for veterans. In my opinion, it should be a warframe.

Complain and moan more and maybe at the 1500 login reward is an exclusive quest, that rewards a unique weapon and grants you an exclusive resource so you can build future weapons

15 hours ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

I agree that the fashion frame end game joke have gone out of hand, completely and utterly out of hand. It's so out of control, that it's more important to add more cosmetics, than it is fixing issues with the gameplay.

With that being said, I don't think a warframe is a good option for a 1.000 day login reward. Either they will have to be meh and it won't really be used or they can make it decent/okay/good and then there's going to be even more crying from entitled little timmy. The fact entitled little timmys tantrums have to be considered is in the first place pathetic, but even more worryingly, his tantrums takes away from fixes and changes that warframe actually needs.

Ive already posted this within this thread already, but does it even matter if its a frame, or a mod, or a cosmetic?

What if DE had something badass like the excal proto skin, or valkyr gersemi skin rewarded at 1000+? It ultimately doesnt matter what it is, because if its good enough, then entitled timmy is gonna blow up the forums regardless. All the people here advocating for cosmetics are really advocating for mediocrity because even a super badass cosmetic will only change the conversation to just ending rewards all together after a certain day.

9 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Complain and moan more and maybe at the 1500 login reward is an exclusive quest, that rewards a unique weapon and grants you an exclusive resource so you can build future weapons

Good point. Instead we should complain and moan more about how all the rewards should be crap because it makes people feel bad if they are good, and because they havent logged in as many days as somebody else, it makes them want it more, and if they cant have it yet, then nobody should.

5 hours ago, Faulcun said:

Ive already posted this within this thread already, but does it even matter if its a frame, or a mod, or a cosmetic?

What if DE had something badass like the excal proto skin, or valkyr gersemi skin rewarded at 1000+? It ultimately doesnt matter what it is, because if its good enough, then entitled timmy is gonna blow up the forums regardless. All the people here advocating for cosmetics are really advocating for mediocrity because even a super badass cosmetic will only change the conversation to just ending rewards all together after a certain day.

I don't disagree with you in any way, that the login rewards should be good enough to be worth the while to keep up with the logins, and I'm a firm advocate of telling little timmy to put a sock in it and stop whining. That being said, I don't think a warframe should be in the login rewards, but most definitely weapons and mods. I've played on and off since ps4 came out, haven't kept up with the logins and that's my decision, so I'm barely at 600 days. For a 1.000 day login reward, it should definitely be something better than an armor set, that's for sure! A shotgun with an alternate fire, that lets you dump the entire mag into a single enemy or some funky mechanic like that. A unique sentinel that had some funky little funny perk maybe. A primed mod that gives 10% additive to all primed mods equipped? Anything is better than an armor set really.

8 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

atoag5z4q2my.jpg

Sooo... are you trying to tell me that somebody said to you "hey, there is this awesome free to play horde shooter game about space ninjas with all kinds of powers and parkour and space flght with hundreds of weapons and pets and epic battles on all kinds of planets with constant updates and continuous development and a huge community that can produce its own cosmetics!"

and you were like "wait wait wait..... you mean i can dress up my virtual character like ken and barbie dolls!? WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!??"

I dont believe you.

3 hours ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

I don't disagree with you in any way, that the login rewards should be good enough to be worth the while to keep up with the logins, and I'm a firm advocate of telling little timmy to put a sock in it and stop whining. That being said, I don't think a warframe should be in the login rewards, but most definitely weapons and mods. I've played on and off since ps4 came out, haven't kept up with the logins and that's my decision, so I'm barely at 600 days. For a 1.000 day login reward, it should definitely be something better than an armor set, that's for sure! A shotgun with an alternate fire, that lets you dump the entire mag into a single enemy or some funky mechanic like that. A unique sentinel that had some funky little funny perk maybe. A primed mod that gives 10% additive to all primed mods equipped? Anything is better than an armor set really.

A lodestar sentinel would have been beast!

On 2018-08-25 at 6:29 AM, Vedfur said:

DE earns more by getting new players in the game than they get from the veterans. remember that its a buissnes and who sould warframe appeal to in order to make money: the guy who have everything unlocked or the one who haven't bough anything (yet).

As a veteran founder, I would gladly spend money again to support the game if I didnt feel like we were getting dumped on all the time.

1 hour ago, Faulcun said:

Sooo... are you trying to tell me that somebody said to you "hey, there is this awesome free to play horde shooter game about space ninjas with all kinds of powers and parkour and space flght with hundreds of weapons and pets and epic battles on all kinds of planets with constant updates and continuous development and a huge community that can produce its own cosmetics!"

and you were like "wait wait wait..... you mean i can dress up my virtual character like ken and barbie dolls!? WHERE DO I SIGN UP!!??"

I dont believe you.

Jesus, learn to take a joke

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

As a veteran founder, I would gladly spend money again to support the game if I didnt feel like we were getting dumped on all the time.

Well, DE is pretty much in the process of having the biggest dump on veterans that spent money when they needed it the most, me personally I think it's such a disgusting practice to do, that at this point in time, I'd rather give EA my money. DE have in my humble opinion turned to be the worst developer in the industry, it shouldn't be hard to say "our player base includes players who have been here since the launch of warframe. The founders payed 800 dollars (or how much it was) and everyone else have aswell contributed considerable sums of money for us to still be working with warframe. We're not going to make changes, that'll make them feel like we're ungrateful or inconsiderate in our decisions about the future of warframe."

3 hours ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

Well, DE is pretty much in the process of having the biggest dump on veterans that spent money when they needed it the most, me personally I think it's such a disgusting practice to do, that at this point in time, I'd rather give EA my money. DE have in my humble opinion turned to be the worst developer in the industry, it shouldn't be hard to say "our player base includes players who have been here since the launch of warframe. The founders payed 800 dollars (or how much it was) and everyone else have aswell contributed considerable sums of money for us to still be working with warframe. We're not going to make changes, that'll make them feel like we're ungrateful or inconsiderate in our decisions about the future of warframe."

The max founders pack back then was $250. It got you some platinum, excal p, lato and skana prime, and access to the design council.

Its all so hilarious right now because the design council is completely dead. At best right now, you might get to vote on a name for something. All of 10 people. And the weapons are hilariously outclassed by the power creep we've been warning about for the last 5 years. Excal didnt get buffed until umbra was released... and even then, prime is still outclassed by miles. They wont buff the weapons either because then everybody will complain and cry about founders stuff again.

They dont do it because of the same fear everybody else here has about the epic levels of crying and complaining. Par for the course i suppose.

Honestly, if DE put a warframe as a login reward, no matter what day it may be would be a huge mistake on their end because most of the playerbase is already pissed off that mods and weapons are locked behind this ridiculous system to begin with. The login rewards have nothing to do with end-game content anyways, therefore skins and the like would be much more suitable options for login rewards. Something that does not influence gameplay in any sort of fashion, that is what they should have done in the process. 

DE just aren't going to be able to win this one....

Some players don't want logins to change to respect the time investment

Some players want everything removed from login rewards because they don't want to spend the time getting the items etc

Some players aren't happy with what they get given for logging in....

IF DE were to put a warframe in login rewards I can already see the *storm that will follow in the forums/reddit etc, it's bad enough now with the opposing perspectives in respect to the rework and that's just over cosmetics, some slightly buffed prime mods and some weapons....

3 hours ago, itsJylerTAG said:

Honestly, if DE put a warframe as a login reward, no matter what day it may be would be a huge mistake on their end because most of the playerbase is already pissed off that mods and weapons are locked behind this ridiculous system to begin with. The login rewards have nothing to do with end-game content anyways, therefore skins and the like would be much more suitable options for login rewards. Something that does not influence gameplay in any sort of fashion, that is what they should have done in the process. 

Im told fashion frame IS endgame. Why do I have to wait 800+ days for endgame content?

6 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Im told fashion frame IS endgame. Why do I have to wait 800+ days for endgame content?

Hence the reason they changed it, isn't it? They don't want to lock them behind that long of a time-wall, so they allowed people to choose.

1 hour ago, Gamma745 said:

Hence the reason they changed it, isn't it? They don't want to lock them behind that long of a time-wall, so they allowed people to choose.

So then there shouldnt be any issue with mods/weapons/frames/etc either then right?

Ditch the poncy armour set, make it a freakin awesome reward like a GOOD primed mod or weapon, then make it the last fixed gated reward until you finish your choose your own reward rework. I've logged in for a 1000 days damn you DE plus the rest before this system even started.....REWARD THE VET.....don't appease the NOOBS. 

Just this once make it feel rewarding to get a significant milestone reward again PLEEEEEEEEESE.  

Thanks, now let the salt pile.....

#makeloginrewardsgreatagain

Edited by (PS4)NastyNath74

23 hours ago, Faulcun said:

The max founders pack back then was $250. It got you some platinum, excal p, lato and skana prime, and access to the design council.

Its all so hilarious right now because the design council is completely dead. At best right now, you might get to vote on a name for something. All of 10 people. And the weapons are hilariously outclassed by the power creep we've been warning about for the last 5 years. Excal didnt get buffed until umbra was released... and even then, prime is still outclassed by miles. They wont buff the weapons either because then everybody will complain and cry about founders stuff again.

They dont do it because of the same fear everybody else here has about the epic levels of crying and complaining. Par for the course i suppose.

What's more worrying is, the "solution" to the power creeps we've been warning about (rivens), are so poorly implemented, that all you can think is "do they even understand what they're doing?". It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out, when the multiplicative mods in the game leaves older guns with lesser stats behind, it won't help just giving a 200% multiplyer. 200% of 10 is 20, leaving the weapon with 30% what ever, while other weapons gets as high as a 200 actual percentage of what ever stat you're modding. Been making several posts about it and fixes for it, but I'm willing to bet money that no one in DE have even read it. What's even more worrying, arcanes got made more obtainable because of the price, yet nothing is being done about rivens.

I stand by my current opinion about DE, (with their current stand on how they handle feedback and treat loyal players) they are by far the worst developer in the industry and I point blank refuse to give them credit for any kind of good idea or in any way support them any further. Ultimately what lead me to put down the game, the treatment of long time players and the noobification of everything warframe.

I think they've botched the PoE update, even from the very first installment of it and every single update since is still a wasted opportunity. They want to move warframe in the open world direction, which is fine, not a problem at all, but then they keep the normal missions and doesn't even keep the tileset they worked so hard to rework? Here's where it once again isn't a bad idea to look to other games for inspiration, a lot of bad things can be said about Destiny 2, but look at the way they made Lost Sectors and tell me that doesn't have potential to start a Survival, Excavation, Defense, Spy, Defection from? Look at how Destiny 2 did their Patrol Missions, and tell me that doesn't have the potential for Exterminate, Capture, Mobile Defense, Sabotage? We already have those missions spawning at random on the plains, the only reason I can see why DE did it like they did is lack of talent and the ability to promote old content under a new name.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

What's more worrying is, the "solution" to the power creeps we've been warning about (rivens), are so poorly implemented, that all you can think is "do they even understand what they're doing?". It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out, when the multiplicative mods in the game leaves older guns with lesser stats behind, it won't help just giving a 200% multiplyer. 200% of 10 is 20, leaving the weapon with 30% what ever, while other weapons gets as high as a 200 actual percentage of what ever stat you're modding. Been making several posts about it and fixes for it, but I'm willing to bet money that no one in DE have even read it. What's even more worrying, arcanes got made more obtainable because of the price, yet nothing is being done about rivens.

I stand by my current opinion about DE, (with their current stand on how they handle feedback and treat loyal players) they are by far the worst developer in the industry and I point blank refuse to give them credit for any kind of good idea or in any way support them any further. Ultimately what lead me to put down the game, the treatment of long time players and the noobification of everything warframe.

I think they've botched the PoE update, even from the very first installment of it and every single update since is still a wasted opportunity. They want to move warframe in the open world direction, which is fine, not a problem at all, but then they keep the normal missions and doesn't even keep the tileset they worked so hard to rework? Here's where it once again isn't a bad idea to look to other games for inspiration, a lot of bad things can be said about Destiny 2, but look at the way they made Lost Sectors and tell me that doesn't have potential to start a Survival, Excavation, Defense, Spy, Defection from? Look at how Destiny 2 did their Patrol Missions, and tell me that doesn't have the potential for Exterminate, Capture, Mobile Defense, Sabotage? We already have those missions spawning at random on the plains, the only reason I can see why DE did it like they did is lack of talent and the ability to promote old content under a new name.

Initially i felt the same way about rivens. I still do to an extent. However, their idea behind them was to help bring some of the less used weapons up to par with some of the more popular ones. I horde all my rivens and generally give one away to a clan member when i need to make space. But that being said, I have a lot to mess around with and have found new love for many weapons that never get used like the viper and twin vipers. I bring them into sorties now lol. I accidentally landed a sick roll on my glaive, and made me switch it up to a crit build which i never would have done if not for the riven. Or another one is the panthera. Ive always liked it, but i love it even more now. So i kinda get what they were after, and it has surely helped a number of weapons, even if it has just unbalanced everything into oblivion. 

I too was very disappointed with poe launch. Cetus should have been integrated into the plains itself. All it is is a giant sandbox with so many limitations. And now they are releasing venus without even expanding the plains first. Theres so much content missing from the plains.... like wheres all the cave systems? And here we go again with venus and a giant sandbox again.

Theres so much work to do because they've turned themselves in so many directions, and they end up leaving old content behind for years before they touch it again. I wasnt even excited about venus, and still not because i know whats going to happen. All of the content will be trivialized within the first week. The biggest point of interest is railjack for me.

1 hour ago, Faulcun said:

Initially i felt the same way about rivens. I still do to an extent. However, their idea behind them was to help bring some of the less used weapons up to par with some of the more popular ones. I horde all my rivens and generally give one away to a clan member when i need to make space. But that being said, I have a lot to mess around with and have found new love for many weapons that never get used like the viper and twin vipers. I bring them into sorties now lol. I accidentally landed a sick roll on my glaive, and made me switch it up to a crit build which i never would have done if not for the riven. Or another one is the panthera. Ive always liked it, but i love it even more now. So i kinda get what they were after, and it has surely helped a number of weapons, even if it has just unbalanced everything into oblivion. 

I too was very disappointed with poe launch. Cetus should have been integrated into the plains itself. All it is is a giant sandbox with so many limitations. And now they are releasing venus without even expanding the plains first. Theres so much content missing from the plains.... like wheres all the cave systems? And here we go again with venus and a giant sandbox again.

Theres so much work to do because they've turned themselves in so many directions, and they end up leaving old content behind for years before they touch it again. I wasnt even excited about venus, and still not because i know whats going to happen. All of the content will be trivialized within the first week. The biggest point of interest is railjack for me.

Admittedly rivens have helped a dusin weapons or so, but the rest have either been "buffed" in to a state, where no weapons can keep up or they haven't helped at all, as 200% of poop is still poop. I made this thread a while ago outlining what I believe to be something that really needs addressing in warframe, rivens included.

As for your comparison between cetus and a sanbox, I think it's very reasonable to say DE just put a "deluxe skin" on the dev sandbox, set up logic rules and pushed it to release. It doesn't even feel like earth, that barren landscape have more in common with mars.

As for Venus, I've only seen a 2 minute trailer and I could not be more unimpressed! It's literally more of the same just in a different skin and a hover board. Granted it can be fun goofing around, but to continue to compare to know mechanics, in this case Destiny 1, the sparrows was just a faster way to get around than running, it was only fun when they made PvP races. No DE, in the miniscule chance you're actually reading this, it wasn't a suggestion or an idea, you got too much other stuff you need to work on!

I don't know anyone that prefers fighting corpus and imagine fighting eidolons with nullifiers around! I don't even know how there's going to split up arcanes, but unless Venus gets an equal reward table to the eidolons, it'll be a ghost town within a couple of weeks.