Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question to developers regarding steam's new "Steam Play" on linux!

GloriousEggroll

Hello, all!

I'm a fan of both Warframe and Linux OS. I wanted to ask any of youwho might want to help, if you would please sign and share this petition I started, kindly requesting DE to port Warframe into Linux OS. Here is the link, you can take a look, and who knows, maybe even share it with someone else, that would be greatly appreciated =)

Digital Extremes (DE) for porting Warframe into Linux OS:
https://www.change.org/p/digital-extremes-de-digital-extremes-de-for-porting-warframe-into-linux-os?recruiter=246191616&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Thank you so much.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-01-04 at 10:29 AM, VicenteMMOS said:

kindly requesting DE to port Warframe into Linux OS

yeah no that's likely never gonna happen, they'd have to rewrite the whole engine.

and they don't need to do it anyway, it already runs perfectly fine on Linux via WINE, except for:

• some minor audio issues that are currently being worked on by the FAudio project
  • an issue with motion blur which you can just turn off
  • an issue with "vsync = auto" crashing which you fix by just setting it to "on" or "off" instead according to your preference
  • and the launcher bug which could be fixed by DE or in the meantime just use the custom launcher script

and to be honest even if they'd fix the launcher at this point i'd actually prefer @GloriousEggroll's script because it does way more than just circumventing the launcher bug, such as integrating FAudio and DXVK, and even bridging support to SteamPlay

Edited by nonchip

Well, I've been playing the game on Linux in Wine+DXVK the whole time. Nothing to complain about, really, except for occasional crashes that happen to Windows users just the same. Performance with DXVK is no worse then in Windows, I guess.

Tip: So far, the game seems to be most stable with DXVK v0.95, with DirectX10 turned off in game (just DX11). With DX10, I've often been having crashes in the same few environments (PoE, Earth Void fissures, Orokin Sabotage), but with DX10 off, it's only been rare random crashes a few times.

However, the crashes seemed to have gotten worse after updating to DXVK v0.96, with or without DX10. So I've rolled back to DXVK 0.95 for now.