Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling and Prime Armor

(PSN)nerex33

With the recent information on channeling being removed from the game, which I've always like and am sad it's leaving, I got to wondering. What's going to happen to the prime armor that has really nice effects when your Warframe uses channeling, like the:

Targis prime armor set

Edo prime armor set

Spritsail shoulders

Atavist shoulders

Acanthus shoulders

Citadella syandana

Will there be another way to activate these effects because I would toggle on channeling just to see them while playing. I've spent quite a bit of money on these and would absolutely hate to lose the awesomeness of these channeling effects, they were my main motivator for purchasing prime accessories. 

So what's going to happen to them?

I for one am glad to see the channeling system see some different light, up unto this point it's been a "cool" feature but unpractical. I'm still on the fence about having light and heavy attacks but i'm sure it'll be fine. We can only assume the effects will remain under certain conditions.

Even if the channeling effects (which I guess we won't be able to call channeling effects soon) do leave the game, it's not like I'm going to stop playing. The game is still my favorite above all others. It just seems like they are trying to make it more like other games melee systems with the light and heavy attacks, but those differences are one of the reasons I like it so much. It's Warframe, it is its own very unique thing. I don't see why channeling can't remain with the addition of light and heavy attacks. 

3 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Quite a bit back I asked steve on twitter about this. Said the plan at that moment was to have it on block.

Though that may have changed over time.

That's kind of a bummer. It won't be at all fun to run around trying to play with block being held/toggled.