[DE]Taylor

Where is Update 23.5.0?! [COMING FRIDAY]

1 minute ago, GLkoro said:

if it not out this week we should get a free riven mod 

why? If its not ready yet its not ready yet, theres no reason to compensate us for something that has no negative effect on us.

• Applause 3

il y a 4 minutes, GLkoro a dit :

Primed Point Strike and Vital Sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

il y a 1 minute, LordPantaloonsthe3rd a dit :

why? If its not ready yet its not ready yet, theres no reason to compensate us for something that has no negative effect on us.

Because they keep saying "IT IS NOW ! Wait no no... BUT NOW, oh wait..."

Just now, kingkongbudy said:

and in what way is that negatively affecting your game to the extent where you think a riven mod is appropriate compensation?

1 minute ago, kingkongbudy said:

In what alternative universe do they say that? They only say that 'hopefully' it will be out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GLkoro said:

Millenials, want something for free for no reason.

• Like 3

It's definitely going to be next week..

I can't really trust DE anymore with shipping updates at the right time.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

Impossible for the sword to come, it's mechanics are tied to melee 3.0, and they'd have to rework the entire new melee weapon for the current melee just for a few months later implement melee 3.0... a bit counter intuitive.

1 hour ago, ZephyrWynd said:

Nah, just kidding, would be really cool (and really inefficient) if they did that though.

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, Sasha_The_Lynx a dit :

In what alternative universe do they say that? They only say that 'hopefully' it will be out.

I'm not speaking only about this update but dude, "[Coming Friday]". If it's not released today it will be exactly what i said.

4 minutes ago, kingkongbudy said:

they just updated saying that a bug which is keeping players from recieving specific rewards is in and they are trying to figure out a way to kill it before its released as the update would be gamebreaking with it in it 
why should we be compensated with something just because some of us are impatient ? and cant wait for that to be figured out 
programming is alot tougher than you might think it is and its an all too common problem for us when a bug is dealt with that a new one springs forth because now the new code is making new problems and since you cant go back and start the old one a new idea has to be made that might cause more 

1 minute ago, Caliboom said:

they still have plenty of time to get the update out just give it some time

Just now, Caliboom said:

There really is no "right time," it's just done when it's done. If you want it rushed without bugfixes. testing, etc., then that's just ridiculous.

I'm not speaking only about this update but dude, "[Coming Friday]". If it's not released today it will be exactly what i said.

Just be grateful that DE constantly tests builds and fixes things right up until release. Many devs would just dump a broken quest on the players.

il y a 4 minutes, LordPantaloonsthe3rd a dit :

and in what way is that negatively affecting your game to the extent where you think a riven mod is appropriate compensation?

First please learn humour, second, how is that not an "appropriate compensation" ? I mean this litteraly cost them nothing it's just data, so it's not like i was asking pl or tennogen stuff. This is litteraly nothing for them. So if you have just a little bit of something to compensate, like overhype, then offering something that doesn't cost them anything is good in my opinion. it's just to say "we're sorry for raising your hopes up too much". I'm not asking for an apology letter. Hell i'm not even asking for the riven it was just a fun idea.

so if someone was supposed to pick you up at your house but broke both their legs and one arm somehow you would still be pissed if they didn come and pick you up at the time you thought they would ? 

this could be somewhat the same problem in that when they estimated and hoped to get it out today they hadn realized how big of a problem or hell the bug keeping the update gamebreaking might not even have been seen till after that you cant really get angry over them finding something that important and trying to deal with it and that might take longer than what they had hoped for

1 minute ago, wunderbutt said:

There really is no "right time," it's just done when it's done. If you want it rushed without bugfixes. testing, etc., then that's just ridiculous.

They shouldn't promise it will be on "Friday" and hype players when it actually won't.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone else interested in exactly what is causing this problem?

The current problem is players not getting a specific reward properly so its game breaking/not shippable

Doesn't that remind you of something?  DE Megan ran into a similar problem a few prime times ago just after the release of Limbo Prime.

First please learn humour, second, how is that not an "appropriate compensation" ? I mean this litteraly cost them nothing it's just data, so it's not like i was asking pl or tennogen stuff. This is litteraly nothing for them. So if you have just a little bit of something to compensate, like overhype, then offering something that doesn't cost them anything is good in my opinion. it's just to say "we're sorry for raising your hopes up too much". I'm not asking for an apology letter. Hell i'm not even asking for the riven it was just a fun idea.

de didn hype it we did 
they told us what is to come and updates on when they are hoping for it to come 
the rest going on right now is purely us

''we were going to ship it yesterday but decided to do a little bit more polish so it's coming today.. wait.. what's this.. players can't actually get rewards for completing the quest? sounds like we need more polish boys.''

Not bashing, just sounded funny.

Just now, Caliboom said:

They shouldn't promise it will be on "Friday" and hype players when it actually won't.

they didn't promise though they saw that it was basically finished and where like "hay, we may be able to ship this tomorrow after some polish"

On 2018-08-22 at 5:33 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

EDIT: 4:04 page not found PM EST

Still working away! We'll update you all if plans change. :) 

Quoting for visibility!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 3