[DE]Taylor

Where is Update 23.5.0?! [COMING FRIDAY]

oh look the weekly 'it's not ready' post... it would be nice to actually have things hit the 'official' update day once in a while lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, LSG501 said:

oh look the weekly 'it's not ready' post... it would be nice to actually have things hit the 'official' update day once in a while lol

There was no official update time for Revenant. They said possibly this week and its still this week. CHILL

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

There was no official update time for Revenant. They said possibly this week and its still this week. CHILL

I'm not worried over it not being here but it does seem that DE can't hit their 'official' update day of Wednesday more often than they actually manage to hit it which is the reason for my post rather than the 'missing' revenant. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

If there was no goal for the weekly updates, why would DE decide to post on Wednesday to say it's not coming on Wednesday? 😉

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

If there was no goal for the weekly updates, why would DE decide to post on Wednesday to say it's not coming on Wednesday? 😉 

Goal is still release Revenant this week, only info about delaying, nothing new

Just now, Myscho said:

Goal is still release Revenant this week, only info about delaying, nothing new

That's not what I was commenting on 

15 hours ago, IAmObiWanKenobi said:

Nakak really doesn't have any backstory yet

Her parent's died during a Grineer raid before the Tenno woke up, leaving her to take care of the home alone and forcing her to become a lot more independent than other kids. Konzu and Saya have taken on the role of mentor/godparents, but are too busy coordinating the efforts to drive off the Grineer on the plains to really take her under their wings.

There, now go back to focus on grinding those sweet, sweet arcanes.

• Woah 1

8 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

That's not what I was commenting on 

Punch line remain the same

Just now, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Her parent's died during a Grineer raid before the Tenno woke up, leaving her to take care of the home alone and forcing her to become a lot more independent than other kids. Konzu and Saya have taken on the role of mentor/godparents, but are too busy coordinating the efforts to drive off the Grineer on the plains to really take her under their wings.

If I may, where is this stated?

Did I just miss it?

"potentially slated for this week"

"hoping to release"

Yep, it's definitely delayed.

I don't really trust threads like this anymore, most of the time updates end up getting delayed.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb LSG501:

be happy we get so frequent updates despite DE being busy with Fortuna...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shreddar87 said:

Is Thursday officially out or just yesterday?

I'd give them 39 more minutes. After that Thursday is out.

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Their preferred update time seems to be 2 pm EST which is in half an hour so if today it will probably be at that time although I've seen later

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Daziri said:

I'd give them 39 more minutes. After that Thursday is out.

To be fair give it some more time for a Thursday update as they usually do it at later hours

Its only 1:37pm for Canada right now. They have plenty more work hours in the day. People need to stop thinking DE works on their individual scheduled and realize there is a thing called TIMEZONES.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I'm not worried over it not being here but it does seem that DE can't hit their 'official' update day of Wednesday more often than they actually manage to hit it which is the reason for my post rather than the 'missing' revenant. 

There is no "official" update. Yeah sure, we get the hotfixes on demand on Wednesdays, but this update was announced to be released this week. Also known as "they could release it bug free by Saturday" update and I'm okay with that. 

Apart from that, its already the hump day of the week. The DE mods would know that the community would want an update since the promised "next week release" is basically three days in and this is too keep us in the loop without the need to beat around the bush.

24 minutes ago, LasarraSelendis said:

There is no "official" update. Yeah sure, we get the hotfixes on demand on Wednesdays, but this update was announced to be released this week. Also known as "they could release it bug free by Saturday" update and I'm okay with that.  

Apart from that, its already the hump day of the week. The DE mods would know that the community would want an update since the promised "next week release" is basically three days in and this is too keep us in the loop without the need to beat around the bush.

DE have said their update day is Wednesday (when there isn't a Monday holiday in the week), hence why we get updates to it being delayed on a Wednesday.  I also put official with punctuation because it is very rare that ever happens. 

It really does feel like some players just come here to 'support' DE and take things so far out of context too... considering the fact I used LOL at the end of the original post it should have been pretty clear it was meant more tongue in cheek than actually being a complaint.  Having said that it would still be nice to see an update on a Wednesday rather than a Friday where we often end up having to deal with bugs all weekend...

Also just a side note: If the update wasn't intended to be released on Wednesday, why update us that it isn't ready.... as you say we all knew it was meant for 'this week' which as you say means we've got until Friday....it wasn't like there were any threads going 'where's revenant update'

Edited by LSG501

Justo ahora, LSG501 dijo:

DE have said their update day is Wednesday (when there isn't a Monday holiday in the week).

Could you be so kind to show us the part of the stream, post, podcast or workshop where that is stated by them? Thanks in advance BTW.

17 minutes ago, LasarraSelendis said:

There is an Official update day, it is wednesday, they stated as much in a devstream ages ago. It is why they always release these "where is update X?" Threads on wednesday or after. This isn't some randomly selected day. Releasing an update on a Wednesday supposedly gives the team time to do the finishing touches on monday and tuesday, release on wednesday, then bugfix through the rest of the week.

Releasing updates on Fridays, as they got in the habit of doing, results in the team needing to either bugfix throughout the weekend, thus getting no rest, or leaving the game bugged out then fixing on the next week, causing major frustration for players.

Also, there is no such thing as a bug free update release. There are ALWAYS bugs upon new content release, so it's not like delaying the update to friday or even saturday will magically give us a buttersmooth release.

I'd much rather they delay the update to next wednesday, and on the next update they'd for a change not hype things up and go about throwing ETAs without having some idea wether they can meet it or not.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mrrobotto67 said:

Could you be so kind to show us the part of the stream, post, podcast or workshop where that is stated by them? Thanks in advance BTW.

No, because I don't have a calendar as a brain with exact dates shown for when it was said.....

Justo ahora, LSG501 dijo:

No, because I don't have a calendar as a brain with exact dates shown for when it was said.....

Ok ... at least can you give us a proximate on when was that stated? (for example: 1 year, 3 months ...)