[DE]Taylor

Where is Update 23.5.0?! [COMING FRIDAY]

vor 11 Minuten schrieb KubrowTamer:

Because there isnt. Wednesday is the earliest target update day for content updates, not the must release day. They idea isnt to release everything on Wednesday but to have it by then at the earliest. Thats why most updates come out on Thursday not Wednesday. 

Well you are wrong about that. The offical Update Day is Wednesday, which is why we are getting these posts. The thing is though that they very very rarely can keep this day and have to delay it constantly, especially when the patch is introducing new content. The rule of thump is: pure bugfixes usually arrive punctual on updateday (wednesday), content updates usually get a "where is update..." post announcing a delay and depending on the amount of update another update a day later annoucning that it will be atleast one more day (so depending on the amount of content the update usually drops on thursdays or fridays but that doesn't change that the offical update day is wednesday and this is just the usual delay).

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Evers said:

Well you are wrong about that. The offical Update Day is Wednesday, which is why we are getting these posts. The thing is though that they very very rarely can keep this day and have to delay it constantly, especially when the patch is introducing new content. The rule of thump is: pure bugfixes usually arrive punctual on updateday (wednesday), content updates usually get a "where is update..." post announcing a delay and depending on the amount of update another update a day later annoucning that it will be atleast one more day (so depending on the amount of content the update usually drops on thursdays or fridays but that doesn't change that the offical update day is wednesday and this is just the usual delay).

True but I fee we should expect it later today hopefully 

*Comes to see if there is any actual news on the update* ... Nope, just people whining about update delays in a free game. I swear, sometimes I wonder how the vocal minority deals with basic emotions in the rest of their lives.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Andruunicul said:

OH snap=]]]]] , btw, PSSSSST, MAYBE DE does not see this but if u have some funky S#&$ to show, add me x)

37 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

Now all we need is a Vlad The Penetrator

Ow wait, this isnt an NSFW forum.

Someone said Vlad The Penetrator?

https://imgur.com/gallery/qCWdh

Risky click of the day.

Edited by Namastyler
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reiyd said:

*Comes to see if there is any actual news on the update* ... Nope, just people whining about update delays in a free game. I swear, sometimes I wonder how the vocal minority deals with basic emotions in the rest of their lives.

People commenting online on a forum is not a representation of how people deal with basic emotions in real life like where did you get that from?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Reiyd said:

I guess expecting a little bit of professionalism from a large company is considered to be emotional instability these days?

I wonder how the vocal minority who complains about the vocal minority deal with basic market rules in the rest of their lives.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

People commenting online on a forum is not a representation of how people deal with basic emotions in real life like where did you get that from?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Luka-Song said:

I guess expecting a little bit of professionalism from a large company is considered to be emotional instability these days?

I wonder how the vocal minority who complains about the vocal minority deal with basic market rules in the rest of their lives.

Professionalism? I feel like they are very professional with keeping us up to date. It's literally impossible to guarantee that an update will ship a certain day, and people's inability to deal with disappointmen without flinging poo at each other all day is what I was referring to.

15 minutes ago, TigerStormYT said:

I feel like peoples' misunderstanding that an online forum is still a medium of communication with other people and constantly acting like children on it is a problem with how they handle emotions, yes.

3 minutes ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

So... almost 4pm... really hoping we get Revenant today. Please?

They just posted his youtube video, so I imagine he should be going live any moment now.

• Applause 1

Justo ahora, I.V.A.R.A dijo:

So... almost 4pm... really hoping we get Revenant today. Please?

I think it is going to be at night, only based on Eidolons coming at night and this is an Eidolon/vampire based warframe, so it could be a cute idea to drop the warframe at night too.

Professionalism? I feel like they are very professional with keeping us up to date. It's literally impossible to guarantee that an update will ship a certain day, and people's inability to deal with disappointmen without flinging poo at each other all day is what I was referring to.

First things first, it is possible to guarantee an update ship day.

How?

You have the update ready beforehand.

You never wondered how game companies release entire games or expacs precisely in the day they announced as the release date?

Second, I could see a company having a few delays here and there and still being considered professional, but DE misses the mark way more often than they hit it, and no, keeping us up to date on their delays is not professionalism, it's just common courtesy.

That isn't to say I don't enjoy the game and appreciate their work. As a rule of thumb you can follow: if someone is complaining about something it's because they care. If a company is doing mistake after mistake and no one is complaining, it's because their product, or even the company itself, is dead.

That being said, instead of dolling out insults and labeling people who point out errors and mistakes as "emotional", you could stand to see that while DE does some things right, they do other things wrong, and one doesn't justify the other.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Luka-Song said:

How?

You never wondered how game companies release entire games or expacs precisely in the day they announced as the release date?

Second, I could see a company having a few delays here and there and still being considered professional, but DE misses the mark way more often than they hit it, and no, keeping us up to date on their delays is not professionalism, it's just common courtesy.

That isn't to say I don't enjoy the game and appreciate their work. As a rule of thumb you can follow: if someone is complaining about something it's because they care. If a company is doing mistake after mistake and no one is complaining, it's because their product, or even the company itself, is dead.

That being said, instead of dolling out insults and labeling people who point out errors and mistakes as "emotional", you could stand to see that while DE does some things right, they do other things wrong, and one doesn't justify the other.

I just feel like clinging to the official release date from four years ago is a bit ridiculous. They live update to update. They want to release content as soon as it is ready for the players. That is why you have moments like Steve going live on Periscope just before the PoE launch so everyone could be hyped and tense together. That is why you don't see them saying "This update will go live this day at this time" weeks ahead of time. They say "Oh, this content is almost ready to ship, so let's let them know we will be shipping it SOME DAY NEXT WEEK" and they say next week, not Wednesday. I just feel like there is much more important things to be up in arms about rather than the things people are in this community. If an update not releasing on a Wednesday screams "no professionalism" to you, then I guess you never watch the devstreams? These are real people pouring their passion into a game and they are only as professional as they want to be. If you want professionalism, go play the latest boring crap from EA or some other clone of a game from last year.

33 minutes ago, Reiyd said:

I just feel like clinging to the official release date from four years ago is a bit ridiculous. They live update to update. They want to release content as soon as it is ready for the players. That is why you have moments like Steve going live on Periscope just before the PoE launch so everyone could be hyped and tense together. That is why you don't see them saying "This update will go live this day at this time" weeks ahead of time. They say "Oh, this content is almost ready to ship, so let's let them know we will be shipping it SOME DAY NEXT WEEK" and they say next week, not Wednesday. I just feel like there is much more important things to be up in arms about rather than the things people are in this community. If an update not releasing on a Wednesday screams "no professionalism" to you, then I guess you never watch the devstreams? These are real people pouring their passion into a game and they are only as professional as they want to be. If you want professionalism, go play the latest boring crap from EA or some other clone of a game from last year.

What the hell do you think I think? You think I see them as a bunch of robots coding nonstop? Or rather, do you think people at other game companies that DO deliver their content in the date set don't have any passion for their work? Either assumption is incredibly pretentious and presumptious of you.

As I already mentioned, There's a reason wednesday updates were a thing, and more than that there's a reason why hype management is an incredibly important thing to take into account. Remember how they had to split the second dream into several parts because they couldn't contain the hype they created, or when they shipped the Rail update filled to the brim with bugs cuz people were hyped and they weren't ready?

If you want DE to not improve and keep making the same mistakes then by all means continue brushing away real issues and attacking people who point those issues out. I for one want them to improve and become a better, more successful company.

Also, if you think DE is santa claus just doling out gifts out of the goodness of their hearts you are beyond naive. They are a business, they make money, this money comes from customers. When McDonalds sells you a burger they're not donating it to you, they're selling it. They do it cuz they need money. The difference in the free to play model is that someone else pays more so that a free player doesn't have to. It'd be akin to the guy behind the line in mcdonalds paying for your burger aswell as his. So stop thinking you should just take whatever they hand over to you while keeping your mouth shut. This horse isn't free, you can look at its teeth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

*dead*

*whisper in the air* tomorrow is too late....................................

23 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

EDIT: 4:42 PM EST

Our top astronomers are on the case and it looks like tonight isn't the night for Revenant, unfortunately. Something to do with the position of the moon, or stars or something. Keep an eye out for him (hopefully) tomorrow! 

Appreciate your patience! :community:

Quoting for visibility. :) 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Luka-Song said:

How?

What are you talking about? No game developer can release content the moment it's released on time every time. The reason why some may SEEM like that is because the content is finished WELL before dead line. We get Warframe content fresh out of the oven. There's a difference. Fortunately most of us are mature enough to deal with tentative release dates and don't need weeks of buffer just so we feel like things are being released "on time"

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What are you talking about? No game developer can release content the moment it's released in time every time. The reason why some may SEEM like that is because the content is finished WELL before dead line. We get Warframe content fresh out of the oven. There's a different. Fortunately most of us are mature enough to deal with tentative release dates and don't need weeks of buffer just so we feel like things are being released "on time"

You do realise you just said the same thing I said right?

"The reason why some may seem like that is because the content is finished well before the deadline" - what you said

"It is possible to guarantee a ship day. How? You have the update ready beforehand" - what I said.

Literally the same thing, so thanks for agreeing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1

21 minutes ago, Luka-Song said:

What the hell do you think I think? You think I see them as a bunch of robots coding nonstop? Or rather, do you think people at other game companies that DO deliver their content in the date set don't have any passion for their work? Either assumption is incredibly pretentious and presumptious of you.

As I already mentioned, There's a reason wednesday updates were a thing, and more than that there's a reason why hype management is an incredibly important thing to take into account. Remember how they had to split the second dream into several parts because they couldn't contain the hype they created, or when they shipped the Rail update filled to the brim with bugs cuz people were hyped and they weren't ready?

If you want DE to not improve and keep making the same mistakes then by all means continue brushing away real issues and attacking people who point those issues out. I for one want them to improve and become a better, more successful company.

Also, if you think DE is santa claus just doling out gifts out of the goodness of their hearts you are beyond naive. They are a business, they make money, this money comes from customers. When McDonalds sells you a burger they're not donating it to you, they're selling it. They do it cuz they need money. The difference in the free to play model is that someone else pays more so that a free player doesn't have to. It'd be akin to the guy behind the line in mcdonalds paying for your burger aswell as his. So stop thinking you should just take whatever they hand over to you while keeping your mouth shut. This horse isn't free, you can look at its teeth.

Ah, yes. This single Warframe and small quest update definitely fit the size and scale of the first cinematic quest in the game. Definitely. And call me whateevr the Hell you like, I see a lot of games that feel like there's no passion in them. As for the free model, of course I know that S#&$. I've spent my fair share of money on the game over my five years. I don't know how the Hell we came to that topic but whatever. My whole point was and still is that most of the people in this thread are whining for a stupid reason. The update will come this week and when it does the pessimistic players will chew through it and immediately start whining "Fortuna when" or more than likely complain about bugs because it was rushed out too soon after foaming at the mouth for it ever since the frame was announced.

• Upvote 1