Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed! The content servers are temporarily unavailable.

Milkybastion

Question

Hey, In our are we had an internet outage for a couple of hours

when the internet came back I wanted to play warframe to be greeted with this unpleasant message,

Update failed!

The content servers are temporarily unavailable.

The update will be restarted shortly

The update will be restarted shortly.

Shortly I thought so I went go get a snack and watch YouTube but here I am 2 days later with this same message

I connected my computer to my cell data and it worked just fine  I could play the game but sadly I don't have unlimited data so I got about 5 minutes of playing before it shut off

do I have a problem with my internet I have restarted my computer re installed the game twice doesn't work verified cashes put it in administrator mode all of it 

but still my limbo awaits untouched in my foundry. If you can help me pls reply!!! 

Thanks in advance!

10 answers to this question

I dunno since a VPN worked I'm kinda skeptical that it will be the firewall. I mean I guess it could be blocking the IP but whenever I've had issues it's been blocking the application itself. If it was blocking the application I wouldn't think a VPN or connecting the PC to a phone would do anything to resolve it. 

I'd be inclined to try removing the router from the equation and plugging directly into the modem. 

I should have prefaced the above by saying I’m not an IT expert...  but wouldn’t your firewall see info coming through the VPN as coming from one single source and let it through (so long as it was told to) whereas info coming through Warframe may not have an ‘allow’ rule set for it?

again, not my area of expertise.