Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the new gear... spiral. wait what?

(PSN)robotwars7

that moment when you get locked in the Grineer Urinal, you smoked a few too many Moonlight dragonlily joints and are trying to find your energy pizzas cos you got the munchies.. :crylaugh::crylaugh: 

seriously though, will this work? I can't think of any game that has a spiral for a gear "wheel". what does everyone think of this proposal? are spirals the way to go in the development of complex interfaces, or is this going to make dropping pizzas in a hurry much harder? what do you guys think?

For the current system I've made use of the numpad as hotkeys as you can assign hotkeys for them in options. I'm used to it, and it works well. What this here is actually creating, is more room for additional gear so you don't have to be forced into picking the very essential items.

It'd work very well if all you do is press Q to use your gear. Hotkeys are a life saver.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:
or is this going to make dropping pizzas in a hurry much harder? what do you guys think?

Don't put pizzas and important stuff in the end of the spiral. Only put "useless consumables" (Dragon Keys, Scanners, or any kind of stuff you just need to have equipped but you don't have to actively use them) here.

24 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I don't see how it isn't, you just hold the same button and rotate the stick as before

Not exactly, you move Stick to one direction on Slot you need and press button, while now you should probably rotate from left to right with Stick and then press button. I can’t imagine how accurate it will be under pressure to stop at Slot you need and press it.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

Not exactly, you move Stick to one direction on Slot you need and press button, while now you should probably rotate from left to right with Stick and then press button. I can’t imagine how accurate it will be under pressure to stop at Slot you need and press it.

In Prey it perfectly worked on my PS4 why shouldn't DE make it work in Warframe?

Oh and in Prey you were constantly under huge pressure when fighting and switching weapons because they you had like 10 weapons with 2 shots each 😄

Looking forward to it 🙂

Edited by (PS4)NoOscarMayerNo

30 minutes ago, (PS4)NoOscarMayerNo said:

In Prey it perfectly worked on my PS4 why shouldn't DE make it work in Warframe?

Oh and in Prey you were constantly under huge pressure when fighting and switching weapons because they you had like 10 weapons with 2 shots each 😄

Looking forward to it 🙂

You will probably recall this Topic in time after Elite alerts and this Spiral gear, how it looks like now, will be implemented and you make decision to run them Solo with Health pizza somewhere in 3rd or 4th place.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Onder6099:

You will probably recall this Topic in time after Elite alerts and this Spiral gear, how it looks like now, will be implemented and you make decision to run them Solo with Health pizza somewhere in 3rd or 4th place.

Allright...I don't even understand what you just said...lot to learn there is 😄 😄

We'll see how precise this wheel will be. I believe in DE^^

It's visually pretty, but infinite is not usefull imo. Could be better to let us equip/unequip things with a right click on a slot.

If you have X dragon key and want to remove it mid mission, you could right click it and equip something else (right click open the menu we have in the loadout)

Do the same for "emotes" and we have now 2 free rows in the arsenal, so we can add a "focus" category and select a school for each one of our loadouts.

PoliticalAltruisticAmericancurl-size_res

The spiral was only as big as how many items are on it. It was very functional on controllers. And a modifier key plus equipment key could bring up emotes. Im sure the hotkeys will stay at 12, but I only need 5. Lets see how it is when its not such a early prototype eh?

beyond good and evil keyboard

bge-screenshot-1.jpg

Edited by Firetempest

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:
 I can't think of any game that has a spiral for a gear "wheel". what does everyone think of this proposal? are spirals the way to go in the development of complex interfaces, or is this going to make dropping pizzas in a hurry much harder? what do you guys think?

I think you should use hotkeys. 

I actually think it could work and work pretty darn well and it solves that really irritating "out of gear wheel spaces" issue. 

It seems like it would be a serious boon for controllers, just keep your heavy use items near the top/front and things you use infrequently near the bottom/back. 

Mouse and keyboard might be a little strange at first but doesn't seem like it would take much getting used to. 

I would assume that the first 10(?) slots will still be "permanent" regardless of if you have anything bound to them or not and as such will be something you will continue to be able to bind those to quick use buttons on PC. 

That seems a wee bit crazy, at least to me, but then again my gear wheel is  basically non in use because I  tend to ignore ever using it in the first place because the whole constant move your mouse thing over the gear stuff seems a bit detrimental while in a hectic mission, but thats just me.