Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught -- Level 30 EVERYTHING

Rogue.Runner

I don't know about anyone else, but I am exceedingly tired of people using ESO to level their weapons. 

Elite should be BOTH fully ranked warframes AND weapons

As it stands now, people are constantly joining for a few quick zones to level their weapons then QUIT, leaving the serious player or two alone to somehow keep up efficiency on a mission scaled for a four man team???  This is not right. 

Right now I have to run ESO 2-3x just to get my daily focus due to this.

If you just want to level your weapons, play ESO SOLO or go to regular Sanctuary where people are farming for Khora and quitting all the time when her parts don't drop. 

This practice has ruined ESO in my opinion.  Can't find teams to stick it out as long as they can anymore -- thus all CHALLENGE to reach higher zones has been removed, now it's just a challenge to find players to actually go beyond the first few easy zones. 😞 

And one of the most frustrating experiences??  HOST MIGRATION... 😡

But hey....glad yer weapon leveled there buddy.

Edited by Rogue.Runner

Цитата

Elite should be BOTH fully ranked warframes AND weapons.  

You're madman.

It's the only half-decent place to level s***. So the gamemode would be way better if it was level 30 warframe OR weapon. And really your weapon is more important than your warframe unless you're Saryn. at the very least it should be a feature for solo. I've no *** clue why I should go to SO instead of ESO to level my Inaros for example in a solo mode. Like, at all.

Цитата

As it stands now, people are constantly joining for a few quick zones to level their weapons then QUIT, leaving the serious player

So serious the most you go is zone 8 for a focus.

Lmaaao.

I totally agree with that. Going to ESO with unleveled/unformad gear is just leeching. You can't be effective there with that sort of loadout.

Regular SO on the other hand start at fairly low levels, where even low level gear can actually contribute to the team by killing a fairly amount of enemies.

Только что, Lancelot185 сказал:

Who relies on weapons in ESO?

Anyone with half a brain that needs to level warframe. You could do it for a short time on release actually when SO wasn't locked with this stupid*** restriction.

Nothing has changed from the regular SO, it's either a frame or a weapon.

Цитата

It's not like guns alone could keep the efficiency remotely high enough.

It shouldn't concern you if the option to choose it appears only is solo mode.

3 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Anyone with half a brain that needs to level warframe. You could do it for a short time on release actually when SO wasn't locked with this stupid*** restriction.

Nothing has changed from the regular SO, it's either a frame or a weapon.

You must have a maxed frame for ESO, so, again, who relies on weapons? It's always a saryn/volt etc doing the heavy lifting; guns don't wipe maps.

4 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

It shouldn't concern you if the option to choose it appears only is solo mode.

I'm not sure what you're saying here?

I'm fine with it.  bring 1 weapon to use, level the rest.

I could care less.

Lets remember the rule of pugs: If you don't go to carry: you go to fail.

If you can't carry ESO to round 8 and you're worried that others might not be contributing as much as you want, then put a group together for it.

I don't agree or disagree. Just a bit confused on why not use recruit to find people who also want to test endurance. i suppose there's some merit to going in with randos and just staying together for as long as physically possible, but it just seems equal to divng into a pub Eidolon hunt and got pissed that someone wasn't a meta frame or only wanted to do Teralyst even though I'm prepped to do 5x3, ya know?

1 hour ago, Lancelot185 said:

Who relies on weapons in ESO? DPS frames are the ones doing the work, so you may as well bring weapons to level if you have them. It's not like guns alone could keep the efficiency remotely high enough.

I believe this is a HUGE flaw in Sanctuary.  It becomes the Saryn/Volt show otherwise.  No way weapons alone could keep efficiency up past the first several easy levels. 

I mean...Zone 8?  That's it? Big deal.  I can't earn 300,000+ focus by Zone 8.  It needs pushed to 12-13+ to obtain all the focus needed for the day.  

I guess one has to ask, WHY did DE create Sanctuary Onslaught? Was it merely designed to be another Hydron?  I was under the (perhaps erroneous) assumption it was created for the fun, excitement and challenge of players who find the star chart nodes no longer even remotely difficult (only using them for the mundane need of farming *yawn*).  Warframe gets utterly redundant and reduced to 'play in my sleep' game without greater challenges.

I thought THAT was why DE gave us ESO.

That and their stated goal of being a way to obtain large amounts of focus.

But, perhaps I am wrong.

I went in the other day with a newly Forma'd rank zero Heavy blade zaw that did consistent damage, but it wasn't like I was using it to do all the work, just the heavy lifting on heavy units or killing chumps in between casts of my Volt's discharge. Plus I had a max rank multi forma'd Strun Wraith for later.

I don't think it's bad to level a weapon in ESO, you just shouldn't go there with the intention of being barely present for 3 waves and leaving before the 4th. If you're going to be levelling weapons bring a good frame, don't just take the last frame you were using because it doesn't matter. It's annoying when I see an Ivara pop in and realize this isn't some Artemis bow monster, its a squishy infiltrate Ivara.

I would agree if they would made some fundamental changes to the gamemode so that it could be a challenging gamemode again.

So that the drain is not thaaaat high in later zones that you simply cant work against it anymore.

Like it is now, yes the gamemode has become a joke and its kinda DE's fault that players only use it to level stuff anymore.

If a team fails its not because they died to often or because their weapons cant kill anymore, its because the drain decides that you should go now aka bad design.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cloudyvisage said:

I don't think it's bad to level a weapon in ESO, you just shouldn't go there with the intention of being barely present for 3 waves and leaving before the 4th

I agree...in principle.  But in reality, that is "being barely present for 3 waves and leaving before the 4th" is what happens over and over and over again.  Just another Hydron . 😞

I'm getting a little worried about DE.  Dropping the ball a few too many times lately.  Even the new update is -- to me -- nothing to get excited over.  If it's great (like the new amp), they will nerf it, if it's not great they will toss it to the wayside (like Khora).  Feels more and more like Destiny 2.  Don't fix the old stuff, nerf the weapons, and weaken the player all while calling it "balance".  We'll just give them more new content to compensate and keep them distracted.

Oh, and FORGET end game content.  Non-existent.  There is no in-game reason to even level anymore. Farm for MR?  Why?  Nothing harder is presented and no challenges arise with the higher levels. Weapons do not get more powerful, and if they do they are promptly nerfed once they find out.  

Please DE, don't let Warframe die.  I really love Warframe,  It is by far my favorite game and I am looking for a reason to keep playing, but you keep giving me reasons no to. 😞  

Edited by Rogue.Runner

well, i agree in general with ya - even though i confess having misused the elite run for leveling stuff too more than once. but at least, not with the weapons i use playing there and never did i "quit" when the bugger was up to 30 again. i always run it until i get kicked out when i play the host (even if i run the last few zones alone) or, if i see the host not entering the portal, i'll stay too, to prevent the bloody host-migration and all it's unexpected no-fun effects that still happen too often for my taste.

so yes, they should probably prevent this - especially since they thought it necessary to "prevent" capture mission being misused as pseudo endless runs (which i find rather silly indeed). another and maybe better way would be make staying as long as possible far more worthwhile - and to be true, most random teams won't get far beyond zone 8-10 anyway, even with everyone still on board. and in "organized" runs, all this isn't an issue anyway.

8 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

You're madman.

It's the only half-decent place to level s***. So the gamemode would be way better if it was level 30 warframe OR weapon. And really your weapon is more important than your warframe unless you're Saryn. at the very least it should be a feature for solo. I've no *** clue why I should go to SO instead of ESO to level my Inaros for example in a solo mode. Like, at all.

So serious the most you go is zone 8 for a focus.

Lmaaao.

Sounds like you're the madman to be honest.

10 waves at hydron if you do it right, not like it's too much work. Besides, go have a look at how affinity is calculated, you don't get double the xp for killing a level 50 over a level 25. Learn your warframe mechanics buddy.

While I think this suggestion is a direction DE definitely should be hesitant to go, perhaps an MR lockout, this wouldn't resolve this issue in particular much but it would eliminate one annoyance, seeing an MR6-8 player popping in and just imagining his adorable cheeks creased in a huge smile at how pleased he is to be here.

Wrong place, oh shiny eyed kiddo.

This boils down to the same old ‘I play on public and don’t like playing on public because *insert reason* so instead of not playing on public, I’m going to demand that Public be changed’

I mean, I agree it’s a bit of an eyeroller when Billy Nomates rocks up with his unranked Lenz but I’m not going to expect anything more or less from public. Wouldn’t go to Glastonbury and start demanding they play my music. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Umbranoir said:

This boils down to the same old ‘I play on public and don’t like playing on public because *insert reason* so instead of not playing on public, I’m going to demand that Public be changed’

I mean, I agree it’s a bit of an eyeroller when Billy Nomates rocks up with his unranked Lenz but I’m not going to expect anything more or less from public. Wouldn’t go to Glastonbury and start demanding they play my music. 🙂

Pretty much this. It's just plain better to one's health regarding stress levels if you don't expect too much out of people when playing on public.

It only shows how bad this stupid mission type is.

Nobody cares. At wave 4 there's usually just two guys left, but I don't care either, as I leave at Wave 4 (I'm using ESO only when I want to quickly max out Syndicate points). At least I inform the last other member about my leaving (Saryn leaves the building).

If someone explicitly asks to stay 8 waves, I do. But usually nobody asks. To hell with ESO and its miserable drop rates.