Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea-Mashup: Frame, Enemies, Modding System and more

LOD07

Oh you are doing abilities art too? thats cool.

Anyway, it seems to me that crouching as part of the cast animation may make the ability to long to use for a 1st ability.

Idealy, imo, he needs just to get ready for a throw while the apear manifest in nis hand. That will make it somewhat quick and spamable. Remember, wf is a fast paced game.

Edited by DR.Noooooo_B

vor 16 Stunden schrieb DR.Noooooo_B:

Oh you are doing abilities art too? thats cool.

Anyway, it seems to me that crouching as part of the cast animation may make the ability to long to use for a 1st ability.

Idealy, imo, he needs just to get ready for a throw while the apear manifest in nis hand. That will make it somewhat quick and spamable. Remember, wf is a fast paced game.

I get that point. But what if the entire animation is just half a second long. For a normal throw without charging it up? 

1 hour ago, LOD07 said:

I get that point. But what if the entire animation is just half a second long. For a normal throw without charging it up? 

Hmmm Im not sure what you mean but basicly, what Im trying to say is that for the ability to feel smooth it needs to have 1. short cast time 2. it shouldnt interupt other action too much. 

Crouching would require the player to stop for a sec wouldnt it? and even if u do all those motions in a very short time it would look wierd.

Dunno, maybe Im missing your point.

Also what do u mean "charging up"?  the ability doesnt say anything about charging.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb DR.Noooooo_B:

Hmmm Im not sure what you mean but basicly, what Im trying to say is that for the ability to feel smooth it needs to have 1. short cast time 2. it shouldnt interupt other action too much. 

Crouching would require the player to stop for a sec wouldnt it? and even if u do all those motions in a very short time it would look wierd.

Dunno, maybe Im missing your point.

Also what do u mean "charging up"?  the ability doesnt say anything about charging.

Maybe you are right with that. I meant that the entire ability Animation lasts for half a second. but with that you are quite Right, it would look really off and wouldn´tbe fun to use as it would stop your entire Motion, and as i am thinking About it it is totally ineffective concerning the Synergy with other abilities. when he has his four active and aimglides he is still able to throw his spear...but here i drew him like he Needs to stay on the Ground in order of casting the ability. stupid stupid  i am....

Same with charging up the ability. it would function the same as vaubans first doeas, embers first, hydroids first etc. just to deal more damage

Well if I may, how about this simple animation set:

Legios raises his hand => manifest a spear in his hand => throw the spear, end of animation.

If you draw this you may want to also illustrate how the spear pierce and knock enemies down.

Hope I was helpful :). 

Edited by DR.Noooooo_B

vor 33 Minuten schrieb DR.Noooooo_B:

Well if I may, how about this simple animation set:

Legios raises his hand => manifest a spear in his hand => throw the spear, end of animation.

If you draw this you may want to also illustrate how the spear pierce and knock enemies down.

Hope I was helpful :). 

thanks for those inspirations. i will Change it up. 

A47D9h3.jpg

This was the animation I drew up for my warframe concept for a spear, Although I do like your first artwork since warframe is so fast paced. Something where you just quickly summon the spear makes the most sense! Also great artwork and really cool idea!

Very unique take on the legionnaire.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb KronikPlague:

A47D9h3.jpg

This was the animation I drew up for my warframe concept for a spear, Although I do like your first artwork since warframe is so fast paced. Something where you just quickly summon the spear makes the most sense! Also great artwork and really cool idea!

Very unique take on the legionnaire.

thanks man appreciate that. well the artwork doesn´t really resemble anymore how I imagine his ability to look like. but stay tooned i will add it in the near future

It looks interesting. I would suggest changing the 2nd to a shield bash type attack (think combination of excaliburs slash dash and a grineer shield lancers shield bash) and the banner have a small increase of everything including affinity (range and rate of increase) or switch it out for a large affinity boost at least if your going for the Legionnaire style frame. Think general giving more experience type thing. Just a thought.

Am 12.12.2018 um 15:13 schrieb Cuchullin:

It looks interesting. I would suggest changing the 2nd to a shield bash type attack (think combination of excaliburs slash dash and a grineer shield lancers shield bash) and the banner have a small increase of everything including affinity (range and rate of increase) or switch it out for a large affinity boost at least if your going for the Legionnaire style frame. Think general giving more experience type thing. Just a thought.

I get your point. However changing his second ability to a mobility kind of ability doesn't really fit in my point of view. 

And th banner. The affinity boost sounds nice. Perhaps that it increases the amount of affinity you get after you got hit by the immunity phase for 500%? Maximum

The concept sounds good to me and the abilities too.

The frames looks remind me of Excal, Atlas, Ember and Limbo mixed into one frame, maybe the sign of rank on the top of the helmet could be bigger to differentate it more from Ember and it would also make it look more historically accurate.

The shield being a round shield goes well with the gladiator theme but not sure how it would look with an active Phalanx, it wouldn't look like a Roman phalanx as the Triarii (and similar units closest to Greek hoplites who used spears and actual phalanx formations)used large tower shields, but i guess small historical inconsistencies can be overlooked in a game.