Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea-Mashup: Frame, Enemies, Modding System and more

LOD07

So i thought a share this one with you. This could be a possible reward or something like that. A better Remodelled skin (with no textures yet) of the Amprex. Let me know what you think of it.  

D307C64DB6E710D34589D9D7BFD0896BE68DD8F4

654BBC3AD0AFE89C4BAFEBB94264C3B47EE1333A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so i am currently really busy studying and within that spare amount of freetime i have i am currently more working on the Warvengers project. But two weeks from now the stressful part is kinda over and i can continue working on this thread as well. 

thanks for your patience

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I further developed my idea of adding in a new mod slot for primary and secondary weapons and Set Mods in general.

Please check out the entire Main thread about my thought in the following link:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1001323-legios-concept-comic-new-weapons-enemies-quest-modding-changes/

However, I wanted to separate this topic just to ensure that i will get responses and opinions on it.

So, to sum up. The Idea is, as we have a large number of mods in the game that aren´t or barely used within our builds because of the current meta of the Game. So, I don´t want to change that, I just want to provide a solution for missing capacity slots.

In my main thread I provided 3 new enemies. One for each main faction.

These new enemies drop on death a so-called frame Orb. This frame Orb can be used to install a specific mod into one weapon.

I don´t really know how to solve the problem with the capacity I am thinking for these mod slots there just isn´t a capacity count at all, so for instance if you throw in a 9 capacity mod it´s just not adding up to the normal capacity count that we currently have.

This Mod however is then tied to that weapon. To get rid of it you need to replace it with another mod and the cost of another frame orb.

This offers the potential to individualize the weapons even further by adding in your own kind of play style.

For example, if you want a suppressed Tigris just throw in the silencer Mod. If you want to change it just use a frame Orb choose another Mod that would fit into this kind of category and have fun.

The category I am talking about are obviously mods that aren´t offering any kind of damaging stats. For example, Ammo Mutation, Magazine Size, Magazine Capacity, Projectile Speed, reload Speed.

So, here is the first question I want to ask you guys. Or actually two.

Would you like a System like that?

If you do, would you say that this kind of new weapon slot should allow to fit in specific weapon Augments?? (Syndicates, Amalgams, Arena, Index)

Bonus Question: Should a Slot like this exist for Warframe Augments only as well?

Next Topic. Set Mods.

I wasn´t sure how to tackle this topic as there are some set mods that are kind of powerful…

So, the idea that I’m having is that we introduce something like a rune system to our loadouts.

Imagine it like a slot list or circle with a capacity of 40 and you are able to fit in 8 set mods of your choice.

Now I should mention here that the frame orb is also getting used for this.

But compared to the primary and secondary new mod slot here the frame orb functions similar to normal forma and cuts the capacity of the mod in half. Just with the exception, that you lock this mod into place and if you want to remove or swap it with another mod you need to invest another frame orb.

Back to the rune System.

I realized that we already have a large amount of set mods. And i was thinking, which ones i am using or have seen being used by other people. There weren´t a lot besides Hunter Munitions and Vigilante Armaments for example.

So, here is how it would work.

You can unlock up to four different Set effects (Those that are actually adding up the more set mods you use at the time), but you need at least two of a kind to unlock the set effect. Obviously, the normal Mod effects only apply to the specific type of weapon, pet or Warframe (Hunter Munitions then ONLY applies to primaries NOT to secondaries or melee)

In my opinion this would make Loadouts a lot more interesting and you could play around with these set Mods a little bit more as you aren´t “wasting“ necessary mod slots within your standard builds.

Let me know what you think of it and leave suggestions for changes and once again check out the main thread where I will upload further visual explanations on this topic.

Thanks for reading through this and making up your mind about this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

so it´s a little over a year ago since I´ve created this thread and it came a long way since. 

However it starts to get a little confusing with all the little tiny bits that I would like to add to it. 

That´s the reason why I am going to change the Thread-Name into another MASHUUP something to clearify that it´s more than just  another Warframe Concept.