[DE]Marcus

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Recommended Posts

Mask of the Revenant: Revenant Feedback Megathread

We will be using this thread to hear your feedback on the newest Warframe Revenant!

581817ca09243b54cda4d0f83214f80c.jpg

Expand the spoiler below to read about his abilities:

Spoiler

934ecb477b4cd48cdfb83e1fbc8d9023.png

 

PASSIVE: Shield depletion smashes nearby enemies with a knockdown shockwave.

ENTHRALL: Convert a target into a zealous thrall. Thralls turn on their allies and enthrall through damage. On death, they disintegrate into a damaging pillar of energy. The thrall horde remains under Revenant's spell until this Ability runs out.

MESMER SKIN: Become enveloped in Sentient energy, which redirects damage and stuns all those who dare attack. Stunned enemies can be Enthralled at no energy cost.

REAVE: Dash through enemies as a wall of Sentient energy, leeching shields and health from any encountered, enhanced for thralls.

DANSE MACABRE:  Erupt with a multitude of Eidolon energy beams and sweep a circle of death around Revenant. Incoming damage is redirected to the beams. Hold fire to boost range and damage, while also increasing energy consumption. Thralls killed by this leave overshield pickups.

We encourage you to play with Revenant before providing feedback. Please be constructive and detailed to the best of your ability. Thank you for your feedback! 

If you came across a bug in the Mask of the Revenant update you'd like to report, please visit our Mask of the Revenant Bug Report Megathread

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

this should be interesting

 

Edited by Cebian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd love a different animation for his ultimate 😄

Edited by Ksaero
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlackoutHaven said:

The Mask isn't there at all.

same

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mask available for me either and I am rank 2 with the quils and got the speach part of the quest from Nakak

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vethar said:

No mask available for me either and I am rank 2 with the quils and got the speach part of the quest from Nakak

 

same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news only changing the hilariously bad animations of Reave and Danse Macabre? Reave is not a "cloud of Sentient mist". If you even slightly turn the camera you see is just a square of shaking smoke. It doesn't even look three-dimensional. DM looks awkward because of how slow he's turning.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Phantasma suffers the same problem as the Phage does, shotgun ammo! Could you please take a look at all beam weapons and their ammo economy again? The different ammo types heavily affect the performance of these weapons. One of the arguably highest dps weapons (Amprex) can go for days before running out of ammo. Others with lower damage output and while being single target only can barely finish a capture mission...

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how I feel about enthrall because every warframe ability out there targets enthralled mobs so if you are grouped up with like saryn and all these others A. You almost never get a chance to let enthrall start enslaving and b, even when you do they die so quickly they don't really have an effect on anything...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhm so I did the 3 dash through the warframe objective on a hydron defense and we instantly lost the mission.....

  • Haha 6
  • Woah 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

might have been a fluke tried doing it again, didn't work that time....hmmm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The displayed range on Danse Macabre seems...a bit off, by a decimal or two. 

I noticed while leveling in Helene the range displays as less than 1meter, but it CLEARLY goes out past 5 or 10.   

kVr98eJ.jpg

 

Additionally, it displays the energy/second drain as 0 during the mid-levels.  I only have proof of this at frame rank 15, and it DOES Drain your energy at that point.

7FL1EeS.jpg

Just some minor display bugs.

-- Edited for clarity

Edited by Kyoneshi
Clarity, organization
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, his three needs to be a lot thiccer. The flat, sharp edged bedsheet does not look good.

Second, being capped at 4 Thralls basically destroys any potential flow this Warframe could have in combat. I spend most of my time without any Thralls because, surprise, Warframes can kill enemies at ludicrous speeds. It's basically impossible for me to keep them up without just spamming my 1, but then I'm better off just using Atlas.

Lastly, the cast times are grueling. If feels like Rev is stuck in molasses whenever I use an ability.

What Rev really needs is an increase to the cap (or just remove the cap entirely) and allow some way that dead enemies cause other enemies to be Entralled. Capping it at four Thralls and requiring Thralls to attack others to spread it just means that Rev is going to be the new "AFK Hydron" frame.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow, just bought this warframe.  it is downright terrible.  DE has a lot of work to do on this one.  The abilities are downright poor.  1 through 3 are all not worth using at all and 4 is not enough of a return on cast. 

#1 Was nothing learned from Nyx.  This ability is not even as good as her enthral. 

If 2 allowed the attacker to automatically be enthralled that would make it ok, IF the enthralled could not be killed by your own damage.  

#3 has a cast time ......so as you port through your enemies they can move before you finished casting

#4  not as good as banshees disco ball

DE......these abilities need MAJOR REWORK.  should not have even been released.  

 

Final opinion 

Not a tank as its abilites do not compliment.

Not a Dps 

Not a summoner or controller as the abilities require too much effort for terrible return

Not a support as it is more of a hinderence than a help to party as the damage output could easily be outdone by weapons and your abilities dont buff the group

 

MR Trash definetly not worth spending money on until it is fixed.

 

Fix suggestions 

Delete 1 possibly move 4 to 1 as a quick cast 

2 make enthralls automatic and enthralled pemanent and not subject to friendly fire

3 make AOE with a range affecting all enemies with a short duration cc that heals self

4 party buff some sort of valkarie spin off , but for group rather than just personal

 

 

Edited by VoodooTaboo
enlarged post
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VoodooTaboo said:

Wow, just bought this warframe.  it is downright terrible.  DE has a lot of work to do on this one.  The abilities are downright poor.  1 through 3 are all not worth using at all and 4 is not enough of a return on cast. 

#1 Was nothing learned from Nyx.  This ability is not even as good as her enthral. 

If 2 allowed the attacker to automatically be enthralled that would make it ok, IF the enthralled could not be killed by your own damage.  

#3 has a cast time ......so as you port through your enemies they can move before you finished casting

#4  not as good as banshees disco ball

DE......these abilities need MAJOR REWORK.  should not have even been released.  

Final opinion 

MR Trash definetly not worth spending money on until it is fixed.

 

Can't disagree more. If you're playing in levels that are too easy then you won't be able to use them well. It's a fun frame. 

  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not going to wait until I've got Revenant to post my feedback regarding it, because I'm only going to have Revenant after I grind bounties for him, or trade up for enough plat. I do not have feedback regarding the abilities, but rather the acquisition method.

Here we have a Warframe that, by all rights, should not exist. It's a Warframe, possessed by a Tenno, composed of Technocyte and channeling the Void, but it's also a Sentient, which is why it should basically just not actually work. I'm sure the miniquest will be intriguing, but I can't actually start it until night falls in Cetus, delaying any enjoyment I might possibly get from it. So, the anticipation for this patch is now...wasted, really. Like, yeah, I'm still interested, but when I get the patch, I want to start on getting the guest of honor. I don't want to wait for night to fall.

Acquisition method is also incredibly dumb. Farming normal Frames from normal bosses, that's only fine because the boss will always drop one part. Bounties, I'm likely not going to get his parts from unless I spend forever grinding, since there is no guarantee that I'll get anything in particular. But he's also a genuinely interesting concept that makes me wonder how it works. So why is the lore relating to how this thing that should not be can be relegated to a miniquest, and the parts stuffed in bounties? There are a few frames who've got quests that explain who they are while being far less of a curiosity, and this guy just gets...a miniquest that progresses when you get his parts from bounties, and his parts have to be gotten from bounties in the first place? This is some blatant and annoying play-time padding and a waste of an interesting concept which could help explain how all these factors relate to each other.

Edit:

Also, why is Nakak's dialogue not able to be skipped? I had to listen to it multiple times due to the "hahah whoops we forgot to make sure she'd have the mask in her inventory" snafu. Not that it should be something that is even in her inventory. Why not just give it to the player? It would cut down on unnecessary bollocks with Cetus Wisps and shopkeeper inventories. Anyway, point is, she's annoying as hell, and with the issue that caused her to have to be spoken to so many times, to hear her moronic story about...I don't even know. It was stupid, irritating, and I've already begun to repress the memories.

Further abuse leveled upon this 'miniquest' and its idiocy:

So, while we can't stop hearing the Lotus tell us how to do literally anything and everything, Nakak gives us a hint about something, that then doesn't even get repeated when we go to the plains after the long wait (because somebody decided the quest should only be able to be progressed at night). I am really beginning to get the impression that this whole miniquest is a rush job.

Edited by OricSharp
Nakak sucks.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OricSharp said:

I'm not going to wait until I've got Revenant to post my feedback regarding it, because I'm only going to have Revenant after I grind bounties for him, or trade up for enough plat. I do not have feedback regarding the abilities, but rather the acquisition method.

Here we have a Warframe that, by all rights, should not exist. It's a Warframe, possessed by a Tenno, composed of Technocyte and channeling the Void, but it's also a Sentient, which is why it should basically just not actually work. I'm sure the miniquest will be intriguing, but I can't actually start it until night falls in Cetus, delaying any enjoyment I might possibly get from it. So, the anticipation for this patch is now...wasted, really. Like, yeah, I'm still interested, but when I get the patch, I want to start on getting the guest of honor. I don't want to wait for night to fall.

Acquisition method is also incredibly dumb. Farming normal Frames from normal bosses, that's only fine because the boss will always drop one part. Bounties, I'm likely not going to get his parts from unless I spend forever grinding, since there is no guarantee that I'll get anything in particular. But he's also a genuinely interesting concept that makes me wonder how it works. So why is the lore relating to how this thing that should not be can be relegated to a miniquest, and the parts stuffed in bounties? There are a few frames who've got quests that explain who they are while being far less of a curiosity, and this guy just gets...a miniquest that progresses when you get his parts from bounties, and his parts have to be gotten from bounties in the first place? This is some blatant and annoying play-time padding and a waste of an interesting concept which could help explain how all these factors relate to each other.

Edit:

Also, why is Nakak's dialogue not able to be skipped? I had to listen to it multiple times due to the "hahah whoops we forgot to make sure she'd have the mask in her inventory" snafu. Not that it should be something that is even in her inventory. Why not just give it to the player? It would cut down on unnecessary bollocks with Cetus Wisps and shopkeeper inventories. Anyway, point is, she's annoying as hell, and with the issue that caused her to have to be spoken to so many times, to hear her moronic story about...I don't even know. It was stupid, irritating, and I've already begun to repress the memories.

So you're ignoring the point of the thread and spamming. Not to mention that you have a problem with a lore-giving quest (as opposed to just spamming a boss for parts, which is weak game design once the starchart has been done) and you seem to completely miss how easy bounty drops are to get. 

Otherwise, take a chill pill and don't be so sensitive about a freaking NPC. 

  • Like 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, VoodooTaboo said:

Wow, just bought this warframe.  it is downright terrible.  DE has a lot of work to do on this one.  The abilities are downright poor.  1 through 3 are all not worth using at all and 4 is not enough of a return on cast. 

#1 Was nothing learned from Nyx.  This ability is not even as good as her enthral. 

If 2 allowed the attacker to automatically be enthralled that would make it ok, IF the enthralled could not be killed by your own damage.  

#3 has a cast time ......so as you port through your enemies they can move before you finished casting

#4  not as good as banshees disco ball

DE......these abilities need MAJOR REWORK.  should not have even been released.  

 

Final opinion 

Not a tank as its abilites do not compliment.

Not a Dps 

Not a summoner or controller as the abilities require too much effort for terrible return

Not a support as it is more of a hinderence than a help to party as the damage output could easily be outdone by weapons and your abilities dont buff the group

 

MR Trash definetly not worth spending money on until it is fixed.

 

Fix suggestions 

Delete 1 possibly move 4 to 1 as a quick cast 

2 make enthralls automatic and enthralled pemanent and not subject to friendly fire

3 make AOE with a range affecting all enemies with a short duration cc that heals self

4 party buff some sort of valkarie spin off , but for group rather than just personal

 

 

There's always that dude lmao

 

Let's wait a few weeks, build and study him properly and then whine.

  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thread is feedback regarding the frame. I am giving my feedback regarding the frame, although my feedback has more to do with how he's gotten if you don't have plat to spare, rather than the function of his abilities. Not really sure where else feedback regarding the acquisition method would go, if not here.

The lore-giving quest is not, in fact, what I have a problem with - I don't think it's well executed, but I like lore quests and think one is absolutely necessary in this case.

I don't like lore quests that require me to grind bounties between steps, and hope to get a part. I prefer grinding bosses to grinding bounties, if I have to grind, because one has a much better chance of dropping anything I might actually be looking for. The difficulty of getting anything from the bounties is subjective.

Because of the way this is arranged, the quest is basically going to be a series of disconnected steps that are just not going to be very compelling as a result of "Well, every time I make progress, I have to grind and then wait before I can keep going." And, of course, it's not even going to actually help get the frame, just be a small side-puzzle-thing. Meh, I say. Meh.

 

Regarding the NPC: I exaggerate sometimes. She's not really that bad. But I do find her annoying, and I really hate having to hear something over and over, especially if it's because the thing that I'm looking for is somehow not actually in the game yet because of some factor I'm not privy to.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OricSharp said:

I don't like lore quests that require me to grind bounties between steps, and hope to get a part. I prefer grinding bosses to grinding bounties, if I have to grind, because one has a much better chance of dropping anything I might actually be looking for. The difficulty of getting anything from the bounties is subjective.

Because of the way this is arranged, the quest is basically going to be a series of disconnected steps that are just not going to be very compelling as a result of "Well, every time I make progress, I have to grind and then wait before I can keep going." And, of course, it's not even going to actually help get the frame, just be a small side-puzzle-thing. Meh, I say. Meh.

2

The alternative, which you preferred, is grinding bosses. That's bad. Grinding bosses is weird because the big boss is somehow just a runt you beat up for lunch money. 

A quest that features you going through excursions that offer MULTIPLE CHANCES (up to 5 IIRC on the highest level) to win loot. 

It's a good decision. It's thematically sound. It's bounties at night which isn't something that people do often enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now