Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

Mask of the Revenant: Revenant Feedback Megathread

We will be using this thread to hear your feedback on the newest Warframe Revenant!

581817ca09243b54cda4d0f83214f80c.jpg

Expand the spoiler below to read about his abilities:

Spoiler

934ecb477b4cd48cdfb83e1fbc8d9023.png

PASSIVE: Shield depletion smashes nearby enemies with a knockdown shockwave.

ENTHRALL: Convert a target into a zealous thrall. Thralls turn on their allies and enthrall through damage. On death, they disintegrate into a damaging pillar of energy. The thrall horde remains under Revenant's spell until this Ability runs out.

MESMER SKIN: Become enveloped in Sentient energy, which redirects damage and stuns all those who dare attack. Stunned enemies can be Enthralled at no energy cost.

REAVE: Dash through enemies as a wall of Sentient energy, leeching shields and health from any encountered, enhanced for thralls.

DANSE MACABRE:  Erupt with a multitude of Eidolon energy beams and sweep a circle of death around Revenant. Incoming damage is redirected to the beams. Hold fire to boost range and damage, while also increasing energy consumption. Thralls killed by this leave overshield pickups.

We encourage you to play with Revenant before providing feedback. Please be constructive and detailed to the best of your ability. Thank you for your feedback! 

If you came across a bug in the Mask of the Revenant update you'd like to report, please visit our Mask of the Revenant Bug Report Megathread

• Like 4

Really disappointed overall tbh:

Passive:

- The range is ridiculously low from what I've seen.

Enthrall:

- Why limit the ability to 4 thralls only? As if bumping nyx's mindcontrol from 1 to 4 would make it any better. 4 is not enough to draw enough aggro and just forget the idea of them helping you deal damage because enemy damage on enemies is bad ( void spines (unairu) is a great exemple of why you guys should forget that type of damage mechanic)

- the thralls (if kept at a low number) need get aggro similar to saryn's molt rn. 

- The pillars base range is too low and the damage they deal is meh at best, could use some effect to make up for all their flaws.

- BUG: sometimes thralls just freeze in place as if they've been hit by the mesmer skin effect.

- BUG : delay on the spread even with 1 active thrall. 

Mesmer skin:

- This thing gets destroyed by dots. As soon as parasitic eximi are near you you basicly don't have a two.

- With how many enemies are thrown at us this ability ends up a lot weaker than what you'd think.

- Just give him status immunity when he has this on (even fits with the eidolon proprities) or a grace period between the charges comsumption.

- The cast time is too slow for how important this ability is for him and knowing that it's not recastable.

- Enemies stunned could use some indicator since the time to react and get a free cast of his 1 is kinda short and they're not that visible in a horde.

- The smoke effect can be really annoying.

- the base number of charges is too low if there is no invincibility in between. It works for amesha because the density of enemies and their accuracy in AW is low. It doesn't translate well on the ground since warframe is about throwing a horde at you and not 1 on 1 confrontations and he has no way to alleviate aggro from him.

- BUG: melees ignore your charges completly sometimes.

- BUG: the counter stays locked sometimes at 0 charges or no charges at all while the ability is still **in use** when you tap the button forcing you to take a real hit. to reset it.

- BUG: Please check how this ability interacts with enemies with explosives. It's really hit or miss (Try bombards if you need to reproduce the bug). 

- BUG: (reported by -x-5P1T.F1R3-x- ) Weird interaction between Revenant's mesmer skin and bullets from nullifiers as seen here in Mogamu's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSmrL5bqAQ 

Reave:

- The delay on this is gonna drive me crazy. They all reposition before you even fired the ability.

- The energy cost is a bit too high for it to be worth using as mouvement tbh and there are better ways to heal more efficiently (makes it hard justify that cost). What would make it potentially worth the energy is restoring mesmer skin charges when you go through thralls. 

- Could use better VFX.

Danse macabre:

- The energy consumption is just crazy when holding the LMB.

- This ability is a pain to use when there is any sort of verticality to the map.

- the reflect portion could use a multiplier because enemies EHP scaling >>> their damage scaling.

- please remove  or drasticly lower that counter decay. The fact that he'll will run out of energy/mesmer charges will force him out anyway and makes me question why it's even there.

- BUG: Doesn't seem to go through Mass vitrify.

Overall, he started as this CC afflicting minionmancer  warframe and ended up being kinda messy and not great (or even good) at anything. I hope he'll get some much needed buffs and changes.

Post 23.6 changes:

- Enthrall:

- Still needs to draw aggro on the thralls (since he has no good defensive ability since Mesmer skin is the way it is) or they should receive bonus stats and multipliers

- you guys also need to figure out how to solve thralls interaction with other players because this ability is non existant as soon as you switch to public.

- Mesmer skin:

- still worthless because of how it works and what warframe missions are.

- Reave:

- still feels cluncky because of the first part of the animation.

- Danse macabre:

- shields in their state are near worthless so th compensation is not really there.

-Let's be be real that nerf is just there to stop all the hydron clears complaints. Sad to see that abilities are adjusted for hydron these days. The ability is not as OP as everyone claims it is.

- You guys kinda asked for the set and forget playstyle by making him spin, if it was aimed like a convectrix with a tighter cone and more beams it would be more effective since you're hitting what you actually want to hit with near 100% uptime and less "set and forget" since you actually need to choose a direction.

- I still don't get why the beam radius scales with range tbh. I'd rather use that space in the ability description to detail the status chnce in both forms.

- BUG: the beams don't go through mutalist quanta's bubbles.

Please fix mesmer skin and he'll be in a viable spot at least. Enthrall and reave could be improved too but the big x is his two because it's core to his gameplay and survivability..

- Reave is slow to begin with. It's hard to hit enemies let alone players bulet jumping around.

- No mesmer skin tweaks really? that ability is just giving the illusion of being good, it's not.

- Pillar changes: depends on what they are. I hope it's utility and not damage since the later is never gonna be decent unless it's scaling somehow.

23.8 update:

- needs faster animations.

- Newly discorvered bug that makes mesmer skin basicly useless.

Edited by SSI_Seraph
bug reports & changes feedback
  • Like 6

The Phantasma suffers the same problem as the Phage does, shotgun ammo! Could you please take a look at all beam weapons and their ammo economy again? The different ammo types heavily affect the performance of these weapons. One of the arguably highest dps weapons (Amprex) can go for days before running out of ammo. Others with lower damage output and while being single target only can barely finish a capture mission...

I don't know how I feel about enthrall because every warframe ability out there targets enthralled mobs so if you are grouped up with like saryn and all these others A. You almost never get a chance to let enthrall start enslaving and b, even when you do they die so quickly they don't really have an effect on anything...

• Like 1

The displayed range on Danse Macabre seems...a bit off, by a decimal or two. 

I noticed while leveling in Helene the range displays as less than 1meter, but it CLEARLY goes out past 5 or 10.   

kVr98eJ.jpg

Additionally, it displays the energy/second drain as 0 during the mid-levels.  I only have proof of this at frame rank 15, and it DOES Drain your energy at that point.

7FL1EeS.jpg

Just some minor display bugs.

-- Edited for clarity

Edited by Kyoneshi
Clarity, organization
  • Like 2

First off, his three needs to be a lot thiccer. The flat, sharp edged bedsheet does not look good.

Second, being capped at 4 Thralls basically destroys any potential flow this Warframe could have in combat. I spend most of my time without any Thralls because, surprise, Warframes can kill enemies at ludicrous speeds. It's basically impossible for me to keep them up without just spamming my 1, but then I'm better off just using Atlas.

Lastly, the cast times are grueling. If feels like Rev is stuck in molasses whenever I use an ability.

What Rev really needs is an increase to the cap (or just remove the cap entirely) and allow some way that dead enemies cause other enemies to be Entralled. Capping it at four Thralls and requiring Thralls to attack others to spread it just means that Rev is going to be the new "AFK Hydron" frame.

• Like 1

Wow, just bought this warframe.  it is downright terrible.  DE has a lot of work to do on this one.  The abilities are downright poor.  1 through 3 are all not worth using at all and 4 is not enough of a return on cast. 

#1 Was nothing learned from Nyx.  This ability is not even as good as her enthral. 

If 2 allowed the attacker to automatically be enthralled that would make it ok, IF the enthralled could not be killed by your own damage.  

#3 has a cast time ......so as you port through your enemies they can move before you finished casting

#4  not as good as banshees disco ball

DE......these abilities need MAJOR REWORK.  should not have even been released.  

Final opinion 

Not a tank as its abilites do not compliment.

Not a Dps 

Not a summoner or controller as the abilities require too much effort for terrible return

Not a support as it is more of a hinderence than a help to party as the damage output could easily be outdone by weapons and your abilities dont buff the group

MR Trash definetly not worth spending money on until it is fixed.

Fix suggestions 

Delete 1 possibly move 4 to 1 as a quick cast 

2 make enthralls automatic and enthralled pemanent and not subject to friendly fire

3 make AOE with a range affecting all enemies with a short duration cc that heals self

4 party buff some sort of valkarie spin off , but for group rather than just personal

Edited by VoodooTaboo
enlarged post
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, VoodooTaboo said:

Wow, just bought this warframe.  it is downright terrible.  DE has a lot of work to do on this one.  The abilities are downright poor.  1 through 3 are all not worth using at all and 4 is not enough of a return on cast. 

#1 Was nothing learned from Nyx.  This ability is not even as good as her enthral. 

If 2 allowed the attacker to automatically be enthralled that would make it ok, IF the enthralled could not be killed by your own damage.  

#3 has a cast time ......so as you port through your enemies they can move before you finished casting

Final opinion 

Can't disagree more. If you're playing in levels that are too easy then you won't be able to use them well. It's a fun frame. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to wait until I've got Revenant to post my feedback regarding it, because I'm only going to have Revenant after I grind bounties for him, or trade up for enough plat. I do not have feedback regarding the abilities, but rather the acquisition method.

Here we have a Warframe that, by all rights, should not exist. It's a Warframe, possessed by a Tenno, composed of Technocyte and channeling the Void, but it's also a Sentient, which is why it should basically just not actually work. I'm sure the miniquest will be intriguing, but I can't actually start it until night falls in Cetus, delaying any enjoyment I might possibly get from it. So, the anticipation for this patch is now...wasted, really. Like, yeah, I'm still interested, but when I get the patch, I want to start on getting the guest of honor. I don't want to wait for night to fall.

Acquisition method is also incredibly dumb. Farming normal Frames from normal bosses, that's only fine because the boss will always drop one part. Bounties, I'm likely not going to get his parts from unless I spend forever grinding, since there is no guarantee that I'll get anything in particular. But he's also a genuinely interesting concept that makes me wonder how it works. So why is the lore relating to how this thing that should not be can be relegated to a miniquest, and the parts stuffed in bounties? There are a few frames who've got quests that explain who they are while being far less of a curiosity, and this guy just gets...a miniquest that progresses when you get his parts from bounties, and his parts have to be gotten from bounties in the first place? This is some blatant and annoying play-time padding and a waste of an interesting concept which could help explain how all these factors relate to each other.

Edit:

Also, why is Nakak's dialogue not able to be skipped? I had to listen to it multiple times due to the "hahah whoops we forgot to make sure she'd have the mask in her inventory" snafu. Not that it should be something that is even in her inventory. Why not just give it to the player? It would cut down on unnecessary bollocks with Cetus Wisps and shopkeeper inventories. Anyway, point is, she's annoying as hell, and with the issue that caused her to have to be spoken to so many times, to hear her moronic story about...I don't even know. It was stupid, irritating, and I've already begun to repress the memories.

Further abuse leveled upon this 'miniquest' and its idiocy:

So, while we can't stop hearing the Lotus tell us how to do literally anything and everything, Nakak gives us a hint about something, that then doesn't even get repeated when we go to the plains after the long wait (because somebody decided the quest should only be able to be progressed at night). I am really beginning to get the impression that this whole miniquest is a rush job.

Edited by OricSharp
Nakak sucks.
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, OricSharp said:

I'm not going to wait until I've got Revenant to post my feedback regarding it, because I'm only going to have Revenant after I grind bounties for him, or trade up for enough plat. I do not have feedback regarding the abilities, but rather the acquisition method.

Here we have a Warframe that, by all rights, should not exist. It's a Warframe, possessed by a Tenno, composed of Technocyte and channeling the Void, but it's also a Sentient, which is why it should basically just not actually work. I'm sure the miniquest will be intriguing, but I can't actually start it until night falls in Cetus, delaying any enjoyment I might possibly get from it. So, the anticipation for this patch is now...wasted, really. Like, yeah, I'm still interested, but when I get the patch, I want to start on getting the guest of honor. I don't want to wait for night to fall.

Acquisition method is also incredibly dumb. Farming normal Frames from normal bosses, that's only fine because the boss will always drop one part. Bounties, I'm likely not going to get his parts from unless I spend forever grinding, since there is no guarantee that I'll get anything in particular. But he's also a genuinely interesting concept that makes me wonder how it works. So why is the lore relating to how this thing that should not be can be relegated to a miniquest, and the parts stuffed in bounties? There are a few frames who've got quests that explain who they are while being far less of a curiosity, and this guy just gets...a miniquest that progresses when you get his parts from bounties, and his parts have to be gotten from bounties in the first place? This is some blatant and annoying play-time padding and a waste of an interesting concept which could help explain how all these factors relate to each other.

Edit:

Also, why is Nakak's dialogue not able to be skipped? I had to listen to it multiple times due to the "hahah whoops we forgot to make sure she'd have the mask in her inventory" snafu. Not that it should be something that is even in her inventory. Why not just give it to the player? It would cut down on unnecessary bollocks with Cetus Wisps and shopkeeper inventories. Anyway, point is, she's annoying as hell, and with the issue that caused her to have to be spoken to so many times, to hear her moronic story about...I don't even know. It was stupid, irritating, and I've already begun to repress the memories.

So you're ignoring the point of the thread and spamming. Not to mention that you have a problem with a lore-giving quest (as opposed to just spamming a boss for parts, which is weak game design once the starchart has been done) and you seem to completely miss how easy bounty drops are to get. 

Otherwise, take a chill pill and don't be so sensitive about a freaking NPC. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, VoodooTaboo said:

Final opinion 

Not a tank as its abilites do not compliment.

Not a Dps 

Not a summoner or controller as the abilities require too much effort for terrible return

Not a support as it is more of a hinderence than a help to party as the damage output could easily be outdone by weapons and your abilities dont buff the group

Fix suggestions 

Delete 1 possibly move 4 to 1 as a quick cast 

2 make enthralls automatic and enthralled pemanent and not subject to friendly fire

3 make AOE with a range affecting all enemies with a short duration cc that heals self

4 party buff some sort of valkarie spin off , but for group rather than just personal

There's always that dude lmao

Let's wait a few weeks, build and study him properly and then whine.

• Like 9

The thread is feedback regarding the frame. I am giving my feedback regarding the frame, although my feedback has more to do with how he's gotten if you don't have plat to spare, rather than the function of his abilities. Not really sure where else feedback regarding the acquisition method would go, if not here.

The lore-giving quest is not, in fact, what I have a problem with - I don't think it's well executed, but I like lore quests and think one is absolutely necessary in this case.

I don't like lore quests that require me to grind bounties between steps, and hope to get a part. I prefer grinding bosses to grinding bounties, if I have to grind, because one has a much better chance of dropping anything I might actually be looking for. The difficulty of getting anything from the bounties is subjective.

Because of the way this is arranged, the quest is basically going to be a series of disconnected steps that are just not going to be very compelling as a result of "Well, every time I make progress, I have to grind and then wait before I can keep going." And, of course, it's not even going to actually help get the frame, just be a small side-puzzle-thing. Meh, I say. Meh.

Regarding the NPC: I exaggerate sometimes. She's not really that bad. But I do find her annoying, and I really hate having to hear something over and over, especially if it's because the thing that I'm looking for is somehow not actually in the game yet because of some factor I'm not privy to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OricSharp said:

I don't like lore quests that require me to grind bounties between steps, and hope to get a part. I prefer grinding bosses to grinding bounties, if I have to grind, because one has a much better chance of dropping anything I might actually be looking for. The difficulty of getting anything from the bounties is subjective.

Because of the way this is arranged, the quest is basically going to be a series of disconnected steps that are just not going to be very compelling as a result of "Well, every time I make progress, I have to grind and then wait before I can keep going." And, of course, it's not even going to actually help get the frame, just be a small side-puzzle-thing. Meh, I say. Meh.

The alternative, which you preferred, is grinding bosses. That's bad. Grinding bosses is weird because the big boss is somehow just a runt you beat up for lunch money. 

A quest that features you going through excursions that offer MULTIPLE CHANCES (up to 5 IIRC on the highest level) to win loot. 

It's a good decision. It's thematically sound. It's bounties at night which isn't something that people do often enough.