Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

7 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Why would you be able to Sprint while spinning like a madman? Or does it disable sprinting after ending it?

Ah yeah my bad. What I meant that if you enable your ability 4 while you are sprinting with toggle sprint and then disable the ability, you are no longer sprinting after using the ability.

Just now, GrimMonsoon said:

I’m not. No doubt it’ll get nerfed. Though if they do they should nerf Equinox working with this too. 

I respectfully disagree. Equinox already has one toggle ability that blocks energy regen (4, which grants Overshields/Slash-procs everything). Her 3, which only boosts Strength/weaknes enemies mildly already drains per use, just like Nekros' Desecrate, which also doesn't block e-regen. Personally, I think there's a big difference between Desecrate and Pacify/Provoke, and Revenant's spinning lasers of doom. The former are justifiably EV-friendly, Danse Macabre not so much.

Just now, SenorClipClop said:

I respectfully disagree. Equinox already has one toggle ability that blocks energy regen (4, which grants Overshields/Slash-procs everything). Her 3, which only boosts Strength/weaknes enemies mildly already drains per use, just like Nekros' Desecrate, which also doesn't block e-regen. Personally, I think there's a big difference between Desecrate and Pacify/Provoke, and Revenant's spinning lasers of doom. The former are justifiably EV-friendly, Danse Macabre not so much.

Maim/mend doesn’t block energy regen... you can receive EV energy while using it. Which is my entire point. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)SilverWolf198 said:

4: This ability is good and lots of fun, not sure how it will do in higher level content, so it might need some better scalings.

It scales up to level 155 pretty well (in simulacrum at least). The ability changes element according to the enemy defense type, so armored enemies will get hit by corrosive damage and shielded enemies will get hit by magnetic damage. The ability also deals status procs, so armor stripping and magnetic procs are a thing.

13 hours ago, OricSharp said:

Here we have a Warframe that, by all rights, should not exist. It's a Warframe, possessed by a Tenno, composed of Technocyte and channeling the Void, but it's also a Sentient, which is why it should basically just not actually work. I'm sure the miniquest will be intriguing, but I can't actually start it until night falls in Cetus, delaying any enjoyment I might possibly get from it. So, the anticipation for this patch is now...wasted, really. Like, yeah, I'm still interested, but when I get the patch, I want to start on getting the guest of honor. I don't want to wait for night to fall.

Jesus fking christ. The warframe IS NOT sentient. It's a warframe that channels void energy into sentient energy, simple. Sentients are weak to the void yes, but there's nothing saying that a warframe cannot use sentient energy.

3 hours ago, runx0 said:

It scales up to level 155 pretty well (in simulacrum at least). The ability changes element according to the enemy defense type, so armored enemies will get hit by corrosive damage and shielded enemies will get hit by magnetic damage. The ability also deals status procs, so armor stripping and magnetic procs are a thing.

What's the difference between simulacrum and in mission? And wait, it really does that? Wow damn

1 hour ago, -Defeater- said:

not worth the energy to cast.

but it's free when you use it with his 2

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Reave's dash length is too long. if its going to be long id like to have control over its movement.

You can cancel out of it by pressing 3 mid-dash. I use it to reposition while in 4 for now mostly.

The 4 blocks pickups if you use the mouse button booster, but seriously @DE you created another ember pre nurf.  You added a lot of cost which doesn't seem to affect it much.  I just unlocked level 10 on mine and got to say this is going to be another frame I don't play with, as all you will see are players in the 4 24/7 without needing to drop to operator buff or drop pizza's

3 minutes ago, atejas said:

but it's free when you use it with his 2

You can cancel out of it by pressing 3 mid-dash. I use it to reposition while in 4 for now mostly.

ik its free with his 2, but if youre using his 2, chances are youre using his 4, and when youre not using his 4, youre using his 2. currently in the simulacrum shredding 155 heavy gunners with 195 str in like 5-7 seconds, and anything that doesnt have armor vaporizes. only slightly inconsistent cause the lasers travel up and down, other than that its pretty good

EDIT: had no clue you could use your 3 while in your 4, goes pretty far too. wonder if thats a bug or intentional 

Edited by -Defeater-
  • Like 1

truthfully, his is perfect as is. just when you cast your first on the foe i will like to be like nyx and Trinity vampire mode, as in soon as you target the foe with your 1 their immune to damage until after its fully casted. the perks he gives to his team as support is amazing. his passive is wonderful. it gives me knowledge when shields go down so i know to jump and hide. 

1. Enthrall 

4 enemy cap is just too low. They don't do anywhere near enough to warrant such a low cap, you are better off using a Radiation status weapon than this.

• Make it 6-8 enemies at least at base and then scale with power strength. 
  • Increase pillar size at base range to 4m, it's quite useless at 2m if you are playing in wide rooms. 

2. Mesmer Skin

• Add better more prominent effect to see when it's activated and provide better response feedback when you are out of charges.
  • Give a better description on who exactly gets enthralled as I've had a lot of enemies hit me and they only got stunned
  • Make enemies turned by this not count to the cap set by his first ability. 

Overall the frame is not bad, but it needs some tweaking to be able to reach its peak. Too few enemies get charmed, they don't do anything special when they do, visual/audio feedback is very poor for his 2 and 3. Dance macabre is in a good place at the moment, not too powerful but not too weak either. 

Edited by aligatorno
  • Like 1

For quite a while now, I've been suggesting that we should have more fine control over Hydroid's Tidal Surge ability, specifically the ability to stop and restart it quickly. The way Revenant's ability "Reave" works is exactly what I was talking about. You can press the button again to quickly stop it, and again to restart it in a different direction or whatever.

Soooo... any chance of porting this functionality over to Hydroid's Tidal Surge?

Thanks

Edited by Meneliki
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

2. Mesmer Skin

• Give a better description on who exactly gets enthralled as I've had a lot of enemies hit me and they only got stunned

they're supposed to only get stunned, when they're stunned it allows you to enthrall them at no energy cost, except you cant because your capped at 4

Edited by Camberwell

1 minute ago, Camberwell said:

they're only supposed to get stunned, when they're stunned it allows you to enthrall them at no energy cost, except you cant because your capped at 4

And also because your teammates killed them before you even had a chance. Which they're supposed to do, so why not actually give the Thralls some form of DR or invulnerability to damage.

11 minutes ago, Tango03 said:

And also because your teammates killed them before you even had a chance. Which they're supposed to do, so why not actually give the Thralls some form of DR or invulnerability to damage.

Because unlike Nyx or Nekros' minions, Revenant's thralls are supposed to die quickly. They're for brief cc, the overshield regen and the damage zones, not like Nyx's chaos or Nekros' shadows.

The damage zones need a buff, reaving through thralls actually needs to be useful, and there's no reason not to increase the thrall cap, however.

Edited by atejas
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, atejas said:

Because unlike Nyx or Nekros' minions, Revenant's thralls are supposed to die quickly. They're for brief cc, the overshield regen and the damage zones, not like Nyx's chaos or Nekros' shadows.

The damage zones need a buff, reaving through thralls actually needs to be useful, and there's no reason not to increase the thrall cap, however.

That's what I said. What I should have clarified though is that you as Rev should still be able to kill them instantly, to obtain the over-shield buff.

1 hour ago, ShadowExodus said:

What's the difference between simulacrum and in mission? And wait, it really does that? Wow damn

Simulacrum doesn't reflect the real gameplay, as you can disable AI and make yourself invincible so it's more for testing the power of your warframes, abilities and weapons.

As for testing the Revenant more today for 2 hours + already, I am convinced that the cast time of mesmer skin should be halved and the same applies to the reave, as they both root you in place before the ability cast is finished. For enthrall and dance macabre this is not that important from my experience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tango03 said:

That's what I said. What I should have clarified though is that you as Rev should still be able to kill them instantly, to obtain the over-shield buff.

Ah, sorry, I didn't catch that. I would be down for a DR against other enemies but increased damage vulnerability from Revenant himself or something, but it might get finicky to balance. Still, his thralls need another pass in general.

4 minutes ago, runx0 said:

Simulacrum doesn't reflect the real gameplay, as you can disable AI and make yourself invincible so it's more for testing the power of your warframes, abilities and weapons.

As for testing the Revenant more today for 2 hours + already, I am convinced that the cast time of mesmer skin should be halved and the same applies to the reave, as they both root you in place before the ability cast is finished. For enthrall and dance macabre this is not that important from my experience.

Another frame that relies on her 2 to stay alive is Gara, but she doesn't have the problem Revenant does because her 4 refreshes it. Maybe something similar could apply here? Say, thralls killed by danse macabre each restore 1 mesmer skin charge or something. It wouldn't let you tank indefinitely since you would eventually run out of thralls but it would actually incentivise enthralling some more.

Edited by atejas

NEW BUG !!!

I went out on the plains with the quest started , i went to the circle and after i first saw revenant Nakak told me to go talk to Konzu , i went without getting the blueprint , and now when i enter at night in plains , the revenant circles are not appearing , and i can't do anything to get the blueprint.

Played him on a diffrent set of missions. So before I go through abilities let me point some of the problems and other stuff I noticed:

- Almost every his power has too long casting speed! 3 ment to be a dynamic dash but seems slow, 1 sometimes doesnt mark the enemy before my sentinel kills it, 2... same thing Im usually dead before it starts to work

- It has a bug when you cast your 1... some weird texture appears, like cylinder of burned ground?

- His passive is super cool but can we get more flashy animation for this? So I know it works

Abilities:

First

- Too long casting speed

- Good for solo but not for team... before your marked enemies does anything... they are dead from someone's tigris

- Too long casting speed

- Fire from it is kinda small... can it be affected by range mods?

- Did I mention that casting speed is slow? 🙂

- "Ability is not ready"... can we get rid of that?

- Can we use it during using 4th skill? It will allow to make some combos and burn some enemies faster

Second

Cool ability but im really really sad you changed it before release... Why cant it mark enemies like it did when you showed revenant to us?

- Too slow casting speed

- Bring back its old usage... so it marks enemies when they hit you. I know you did it cuz noone would use his first ability if this was a thing and let me say... they will. Just bring it back please.

- Smoke from this ability covers my screen and i cant see anything >_>

Third

- Too slow casting speed

- There is no animation, or anything that tells me that Im ganining shields or hp... I just pass through enemies and pray that it does.

- Smoke animation looks kinda... bad. Like a wall of smoke. Can we change it to cloud or smth?

Fourth

It... Is... Brilliant 😄 I have never had that much fun with a ability since Mesa!

- The idea of status damage for this ability is epic! I love when Warframes are projected and though through like this!

- Can we have both lasers up? Sometimes it does high range damage sometimes it doesnt cuz you spin to slow... well propably its a design-ment thing... but would be cool.

- Nulifier boubles could get damaged by the lasers... its hard to clear the room when those guys are on. So make laser deal damage to their shield maybe please? 🙂

----------------------------------

Warframe is really cool but please bring his second to work how it used to work. Let it mark enemies by its own... eveen for the addicional cost, or when enemy is stunned let us Click 2 again to mark stunned enemy. It would make things much easier

Thanks for the amazing warframe ❤️

And thanks for your work yeasterday till night appreciate it ❤️

Edited by CuteFoxyFox
  • Like 2