Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

Well heck, I was just about to make a thread myself but you've got all the same points!

Except one: The reason for the "Ability not Ready" error. That is because you're limited to 4 thralls at a time. Personally, I think at least 10 would be a better amount -- or make it scale off power strength!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meneliki said:

For quite a while now, I've been suggesting that we should have more fine control over Hydroid's Tidal Surge ability, specifically the ability to stop and restart it quickly. The way Revenant's ability "Reave" works is exactly what I was talking about. You can press the button again to quickly stop it, and again to restart it in a different direction or whatever.

Soooo... any chance of porting this functionality over to Hydroid's Tidal Surge?

Thanks

It has been requested for as long as Hydroid has been out alongside with letting us prematurely end his 3 which lead to one of the first if not the first toggled ability.
Still waiting on the day we can cancel his Tidal Barrage instead of spend 5 seconds with your face in the wall or stuck on an invisible corner.

2 hours ago, atejas said:

but it's free when you use it with his 2

You can cancel out of it by pressing 3 mid-dash. I use it to reposition while in 4 for now mostly.

its a mechanic that is not necessary. extra presses for the sake of extra presses like its some kind of mode but it isnt. its a dash a pretty long one too.

56 minutes ago, ADYY2002 said:

NEW BUG !!!

I went out on the plains with the quest started , i went to the circle and after i first saw revenant Nakak told me to go talk to Konzu , i went without getting the blueprint , and now when i enter at night in plains , the revenant circles are not appearing , and i can't do anything to get the blueprint.

Same thing here. Didn't know it was a bug until watching vids on how to acquire the blueprint.

Edited by Hard_Corps
Better grammar

OK here are my few cents:

Enthrall

I know this is more "Vlad" ability then Eidolon but since then enemy dmg scaling is not working its more or less a small distraction for enemies. Not going to save you , not going to impact battlefield,..kinda meh. I would much rather see smt like Summon 4 Vormalist under your control, which could be buffed with other abilities like Eidolon roar. (similar to real Eidolon)..but that is just some ideas.

Mesmer Skin

Stun is nice, but the number of charges makes it pain as defensive ability. Duration based, with inner cooldown on invidual enemies so they get stun only once per 5-10 seconds would work much better.

Reave

Dont have much problem with this one, not really Eidolon based but ok. Just the wall is too visible..looks like you are pushing a rectangle.

Danse Macabre

Oh boi...first this is exact opposite of what is DE doing last few years. This ability can be speced so you just stand on objective afk doing good amount of dmg to everything.  But now to the ability itself. Dmg is good (but i dont like how long you can maintain this 'dance' ), mobility is wierd since you can move quite fast but cant jump and the dmg is more or less horizontal. I kinda like it but would change the mechanic that it would drain energy per target ...and made it so it can kill groups of enemies easy but it would drain alot energy. ultimate you would use only sometimes but it would have greater effect. 

Smt like this :

gqYhD.3583e.gif

• Like 1

Well, for start, I'd like to say a big thank you to DE, it's a very well done Warframe.

But since this post of feedback exists, it is that you wait our opinions in order to regulate the last detail isn't it ?
So, here is the list, in all objectivity, of the remarks that I made to myself while doing the quest, and using Revenant up to the lvl 30.

The Warframe:

His appearence: He is beautiful +.+ The set of armor is perfect, nothing to complain about.

His powers:

Enthrall:
One thing disturbs me about this power, we need a visual indicator, on the icon of power, when we reached our limit.
I noticed that there is a sound indicator, but a visual indicator would be complementary.
I suggest that the icon goes red, much like simaris blocks us a skill in the sanctuary.
Also, on the minimap, thrall are marked with small blue dot, like any allies, but, since their aren't numerous, and they tend to wander, would it be possible to make them more visible on the mini map?
A blue dot slightly bigger, and bright?
We have to look for them to kill them, so all means are good to find them as soon as possible.

Mesmer Skin:
The animation, I still do not understand it. And besides, it's really ridiculous when you do it in mid-air.
A very short audible indicator would be welcome for every stunned enemy,
and another when we no longer have our armor.

Reave: As a lover of Revenant's look, I tell you frankly, I can not stand this 2D squared texture. <.< Really, it ruins everything.
This skill is inspired from the vombalyst dash isn't it ?
During their dash, they are fully enveloped in an aura of energy. Why not Revenant ?
Please change that '-'

I am very happy with the distance we can travel with, but I would like to suggest a possibility, that we can use it to go up, at least diagonally, at 45 °.
The vombalyst are capable of it, I think..
It would be convenient for example to go to a higher floor, on Akkad, Hydron, in the void, with class * - *
Or to get closer to a ship in the plains, as I do with Nezha ..

Dance of Death:
I've already seen people predicting a nerf <.< No no no, don't touch that, it's perfect.
I have no idea of the method of calculating the damage, but find them perfect.
Heavy enemies resist just enough, the low level low are killed easily, it's perfect.
I want to remind all those who already ask for a nerf on this skill that it is an End Game warframe

You must have unlocked the quills syndicate, so have made the war within, and have fought eidolons.
And more, that's what he's supposed to be, a powerful character, so no please, no nerf <.< Especially since it's his only damage ability.

My suggestion on this power, totally optional:
Maintain space, move the lasers upwards, up to 45 ° or a little more.
Since we can not jump while we use it, it would be useful to be able to hit enemies
positioned higher than us.

The quest:
The story is good, logical, well told.
But it's a formality ° - °
And you dare to put the parties as a reward for the price ? >.< Monster °-°
I didn't get one, and I got enough of Gara to laugh and cry xD
You have worked like crazy to do the plains of eidolon, and you do not use all their potential .. !
The parties are in Cetus bounties on the pretext that the Grineer found them ?
Why not go get them ourselves, in the caves, where the big pieces of Sentient are buried, where the Grineers are searching with their machines ?
I would have preferred to do an excavation, underground.
You had the idea of the mask that sees something that you do not see without, why not have more use this idea ?

I know this has never happened before, but if you can, rework this quest when you have time.
It's just a shame not to have done more, especially with the theme and environment available. Especially since you usually do some great work..

Additional and optionnal:
Since his only attack ability is his lasers, players will tend to play only with that, and sooner or later it will annoy people.
Not me, but I know there will be some.
So, I would like to suggest the addition of a second possibility of damage in his kit.
Make Enthrall, a double ability.
I know it's strange to put a possibility of damage on the same skill as the control, but there is no place elsewhere ..
In the same way as the 1 of Gara.
Simple use, the power just works as currently.
If the key is a little held, the power projects a thick laser lasting more than one second, to the target, and damages everything in its path.

Here it is ..
Take your time to understand the real feedback, those who speak with common sense, please. Nothing presses.
Overall Revenant is already very good.

After leveling Revenant to 30 and some testing in the Simulacrum, here's my feedback:

Stats:

• That's a lot of shields, with ways to quickly restore it and stack Overshields built into his kit. Rocking Arcane Barrier and Arcane Aegis at the moment, so far so good.
  • Nice base energy pool, going to need it for a spin2win build.

Passive:

• Not bad as a backup plan in case his shields fail to restore in time. Not that special though for a passive.

Enthrall

This ability shows promise but still has ways to go. It has a good amount of ability duration, but in practice does not last long enough during combat for thralls to produce meaningful results.

Thralls are meant to die, but they die too fast when caught in the crossfire from your teammates; a dead thrall is not helping you distract enemies or recruiting more thralls to your cause- it's disintegrated into an energy pillar that does moderate damage but also doesn't have much of a presence, since they too fade quickly. Due to thralls dying so quickly, it is also difficult to setup for Danse Macabre to massacre them for Overshields.

Suggestions:

• Enemies that hit thralls also become thralls, up to the maximum amount.
  • Enemies that are damaged by energy pillars also become thralls, up to the maximum amount.
  • Revenant can always cast Enthrall on his desired enemy, even when max thralls are reached. If at the maximum amount of thralls, the oldest one is released from his spell.
  • Energy pillars can proc some type of element (Heat, Radiation, etc).
  • If Danse Macabre's energy beams hit an energy pillar, an Overshield pickup spawns where it is (limited once per energy pillar).

Mesmer Skin

Revenant's survivability power. I'm glad the number of charges is modifiable, as attacks from all sides can easily surpass the remaining charges and render Revenant vulnerable in the blink of an eye. The CC stun, though short-lasting, is a helpful feature I'd keep.

That said, this ability does have its shortcomings... the long casting animation that roots me in place, the confusing charge tracker on the ability icon (charges which can dip into decimals from modding, but display a 0 on the icon), the constant field of opaque mist surrounding my legs obscuring vision, the lack of direct feedback on which enemy triggered a charge and where that enemy is (so I can promptly use Enthrall on him for free while he is still stunned). It's a bit jarring.

The little Eidolon tendrils on Revenant's shoulder are a nice touch though.

Suggestions:

• Reduce casting animation time.
  • Tweak mist visual effect to be less visually obstructive.
  • Add an energy trail visual effect that goes from Revenant to an enemy when an attack is redirected.
  • Number of charges round up to the nearest whole number (1.5 charge becomes 2 charges), displayed properly on ability page and ability icon.
  • When all charges are used up and the ability ends, show the player a notable visual effect that communicates this event, rather than just the mist dissipating.

Reave

Mobility power with hitpoint restoration. Thankfully cancellable mid-dash, since this type of dash is non-steerable. Rather expensive to cast however, and not that visually pleasing due to it being a wall of mist that is quite flat. Leeching more hitpoints from thralls is a nice touch, but thralls hardly survive long enough in multiplayer for you to line up a perfect dash.

Appreciate the instant cast during Danse Macabre, however.

Suggestions:

• Mist wall size modifiable with Ability Range to catch enemies/thralls more easily.
  • Reave innately staggers enemies that Revenant passes through. If Mesmer Skin is active, the stagger becomes a stun.

Danse Macabre

Very satisfying fourth ability with high anti-faction versatility and good damage. Combined with Reave, zoom from room to room erasing everything with laser beams from my finger tips is a fun experience in moderation. Just wish it was easier to set up a good amount of thralls to produce Overshields for my team.

Suggestion:

• If Danse Macabre's energy beams hit an energy pillar left by a thrall, an Overshield pickup spawns where it is (limited once per energy pillar).

Overall, I think Revenant is a welcomed addition to the growing list of Warframes. He just need extra touches to feel right at home.

• Like 2

the more i play this frame, i find myself just creating a thrall and killing it instantly just create the damagaing pillar, number 1 may aswell just be an ability that turns enemies into damaging pillars, without the thralls creating thralls mechanic

maybe thralls could do increased damage while they're alive, or go into berserk mode or something and actually kill some stuff, they're quite weak right now i think

I'm pressing number 2, but I'm not really getting any feedback as to what its actually doing

I like number 4 tho, thats good

il y a 6 minutes, PsiWarp a dit :

Revenant can always cast Enthrall on his desired enemy, even when max thralls are reached. If at the maximum amount of thralls, the oldest one is released from his spell

YES °-° Very usefull to quickly control a heavy ennemy when we already have a full team..

il y a 7 minutes, PsiWarp a dit :

Add an energy trail visual effect that goes from Revenant to an enemy when an attack is redirected.

YES °-° It's frustrating to have our charges consumed by an enemy who is not in our field of vision, while we have prepared our 2 for the enemies in front of us.

Number of charges round up to the nearest whole number (1.5 charge becomes 2 charges), displayed properly on ability page and ability icon.

Hm .. maybe not round, but in any case I would be better without this little bug: sometimes the counter completely disappears, while it remains full of charge. <.<

When all charges are used up and the ability ends, show the player a notable visual effect that communicates this event, rather than just the mist dissipating.

YES °-°

For all other suggestions, I'm not sure .. I think it would make it too good, it would attract people wanting to nerf him  xD
They may be fine .. but maybe a little superfluous ..

For those who dont know, Revenant's ult changes damage type based on the target. Generally speaking it changes to corrosive for the Grineer, magnetic for the Corpus, and gas for the Infested.
Although gas generally has a good type advantage against the infested, the presence of any ancients will quickly squash any hope you had for stomping the horde

Ancient Disruptors block 90% of ability damage to nearby infested.

Ancient Healers also reduce damage dealt to nearby infested by 90%, this is bad enough but not specific to gas. What ancient healers really do to prevent gas from working correctly is prevent the gas damage type's best asset (proccing high DoT of clustered enemies) from working.

And lastly, Toxic Ancients are the worst! Not only do they block 80% of gas-type damage to nearby infested, they also block 100% of toxin damage, and what type of damage do gas procs deal? Toxin.

Given the fact that different auras stack, all it takes is for a couple of ancients to roll on up to the party (which is a near constant after a few rotations into infested survival, for instance) and you'd better be prepared to see a LOT of zeroes! And this is all because of the selection of gas.

Almost any other damage type would work better against the infested (barring straight toxin, of course), so given the fact that the idea is that Revenant is adapting to his enemies weaknesses, gas seems like a bad choice.

Personally i think radiation would be the best choice as it actually blocks the buff that ancients give to their allies, but even heat damage would be better tbh.

• Like 3

For those who dont know, Revenant's ult changes damage type based on the target. Generally speaking it changes to corrosive for the Grineer, magnetic for the Corpus, and gas for the Infested.
Although gas generally has a good type advantage against the infested, the presence of any ancients will quickly squash any hope you had for stomping the horde

Ancient Disruptors block 90% of ability damage to nearby infested.

Ancient Healers also reduce damage dealt to nearby infested by 90%, this is bad enough but not specific to gas. What ancient healers really do to prevent gas from working correctly is prevent the gas damage type's best asset (proccing high DoT of clustered enemies) from working.

And lastly, Toxic Ancients are the worst! Not only do they block 80% of gas-type damage to nearby infested, they also block 100% of toxin damage, and what type of damage do gas procs deal? Toxin.

Given the fact that different auras stack, all it takes is for a couple of ancients to roll on up to the party (which is a near constant after a few rotations into infested survival, for instance) and you'd better be prepared to see a LOT of zeroes! And this is all because of the selection of gas.

Almost any other damage type would work better against the infested (barring straight toxin, of course), so given the fact that the idea is that Revenant is adapting to his enemies weaknesses, gas seems like a bad choice.

Personally i think radiation would be the best choice as it actually blocks the buff that ancients give to their allies, but even heat damage would be better tbh.

Edit: why did this appear twice in the latest topics?

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel

I've had some time with this Warframe. I like the ideas behind it.

• Enthrall on initial use was disappointing because the dev-stream left me with the impression that it was like Nyx's mind control but could spread like a vampire infection. It DOES do that, but the thralls are rather short lasting on account of you and your squad can easily kill them. But with time I've found that this ability is more useful as a damage ability, because dead thralls leave behind pillars (with very pretty particle effects I might add) that deal DoT to enemies that walk by. I can appreciate that, but I think a lot of players are going to be expecting more mind-controll and crowd control from this ability due to the description given to us in-game and in dev-stream. I also really like the fact that it is one handed and doesn't stop you from moving.
  • Mesmer Skin suffers from a bit of the same problem. It's not a terrible ability. The stuns and free Enthrall casts do make it very useful. But based on how it was described to us, I'm certain a lot of players are going to expect more of a survivability skill from this one. You CAN increase the number of charges with power strength, which is really nice. But the long cast time and the fact that you can't recharge it makes it unreliable for survivability. Personally, I don't mind this, as a warframe with this much damage would be too OP if it had iron skin too, but I do think the cast time can be made a little shorter for quality of life improvement sakes.
  • Reave is a little dissapointing. Because Revenant has so much shields compared to health, it doesn't need to be used often, and when it does the cast time is so slow you can get downed just charging up for it. There is such a small window of opportunity for this ability I haven't been able to tell if the health steal on this is even that good. A faster cast time should help with that. It uses way too much energy to be used as a maneuverability skill (which is a shame because it would make a great one).
  • Danse Macabre .... I LOVE THIS ABILITY! It's just so out there! The animations are surprisingly smooth, and the damage scales well (no doubt due to it adjusting to the weakness of the enemy). It does drain a lot of energy, but I wouldn't expect an ultimate THIS good to be energy efficient. It's good for when there are a lot of enemies that need to die! My only issue is, from the perspective of anyone who isn't Revenant, this ability is an eyesore and an epilepsy waiting to happen... this coming from a Limbo main... Although, just like with Limbo, 3 or 4 of them with various energy colors makes a very pretty light show!
  • Design is nice. I love the use of the new particle engine here. Even if he somehow got nerfed, I'd probably still use him for fashion frame purposes.
  • Passive is meh, but so are just about all the other passives.
  • Overall I really like him. He just needs shorter cast times on his 2 and 3, and not to give his squad mates an epilepsy.

Good job.

So, two forma in and three survivals on Mot. Went through a few builds. And there's issues. Hardcore issues.

Passive: Literally non-existent. I never noticed this doing anything. It's really just pointless.

1: Also useless. Capped at 4 dudes, despite it being able to create more dudes, which is pointless. It's also incredibly easy to just kill your own guys so you'll never really use this ability, since you'll either A. Just kill your thralls instantly because that's what Warframe is about or B. Your teammates will kill your thralls instantly or C. You press 4, they die instantly. The pillar never seemed to do anything either.

2: Your damage reduction, which is bugged and falls off seemingly at random. It will stop displaying charges all the time, and just be greyed out, making me unsure if I should back off or keep going. I could have 9 charges, I could have 1. I wish it was just some kind of damage reduction, not some weird stun with charges. It also doesn't display any kind of damage reduction in the stats, so I'm not even sure if it does, or what it scales off of. Free creation of Thralls is useless because Thralls are useless. Could use updating.

3: Nice ability, except for the cast time. It really needs the cast time brought down. Extra siphon off of thralls is useless since no one is going to use Thralls because they die instantly. It's not bad as a nice little heal and some mobility, but it scales strangely off of duration making it hard to go into negative, which you want to do for Fleeting Expertise. Ended up wasting a mod slot on Primed Continuity simply because of this ability alone. Also used a mod slot on Natural Talent for this ability too.

4: A really cool and fun ability, with issues. My biggest issue is Nullifiers and Ancients. It seems to do zip to either. It won't damage the bubble, or anything in it, which means you have to jump out of it in order to shoot the bubble, and that usually makes you lose your stacks on your 2 instantly since the enemies won't be stunned in the bubble and you just get one shot. Also, it seems to literally not damage Ancients if there's anything remotely close to them. I don't know why, but the damage, even boosted, just reads 0. Also, I've stacked Effeciency as much as possible, and this ability still drains energy like a *@##&#036;. Even without channeling, it's hard to keep it up for more than 15 seconds or so, which hurts this frame a lot. I was the most excited for this ability, and being able to go around being a spinning laser tornado, but atm it's not very viable due to the issues I mentioned. Also, it seems to NEVER proc status against Ancients, even when channeling, which again hurts it even more. If there's ancients, I tend to have to jump out, recast my 2 (which also has a decent cast time sometimes), shoot the ancients, and go back in. It's just a hassle. It seems only really good against the Grineer, which is a pain in the ass. They really need to fix this ability, since it could define the frame and be really fun. Also, I kind of hate the overshields this ability gives you. If it could HEAL you instead, I could run Rage or Hunter Adrenaline and be able to stay in it longer. Hell, even if it just didn't give you overshields, I could let enemies hit me with my damage reduction from my 2, then use my 3 while spinning to get my health back while murdering everything. It'd be way more fun. 

Overall, he's just buggy atm and could use some fine tuning. Less energy costs, since all of his abilities are really expensive even with a ton of effeciency. His 2 could use some more tuning so you don't lose stacks instantly. 3 needs a faster cast time. Thralls need to be counted as friendlies, and you should be able to have more than 4. Compared to other frames, he doesn't do anything better, and is surprisingly weak in most situations. 

Yeah, I would agree its not that bad against the small infested but ancients sorta tend to disable the benefit of having gas. The mutalist infested also tend to not care much about gas as they share Ancient weaknesses.

Preliminary feedback:

Appearance:

The material and colour channels on Revenant take colour really well! The uncanny blend of Eidolon and Warframe definitely comes through in spades.

The only criticism I'd have is how the Energy effects on his model are handled. I expected it to appear more like a multitude of energy fibres making up a mane of energy hair.

Ability visuals and sound:

With the exception of his 4 and 3 his abilities sound and feel satisfying to use.

The issue with his 2 is that it looks underwhelming. Where's my spectral sentient root armor DE? 😞

The issue with his 3 is that it looks very ugly. Kindly rework it.

The issue with his 4 is that it looks very awkward and echoes Inaros' sandstorm too much. Please give him something less floaty and more visceral feeling. There should be some special effect to enemies killed by his 4. The sound effects are very satisfying however.

Giving him control and allowing him to walk around with an arm laser sounds good too but I'll take a revamped animation.

Passive:

I like the touch that he is immune to magnetic procs from the water during night in the Plains.

His knockdown on losing shields feels...situational. It feels more there for flavour than anything. I would prefer if it blinded or pushed enemies away.

Enthrall:

1)Very restrictive. In missions you will reach the manual enthrall limit very quickly, and enemies will not spread it fast enough before they themselves are slaughtered by your allies. Like Harrow, Nidus and Khora to some extent, your ability is suppressed by the killing potential of your teammates.

2)Enemies don't do enough damage for this ability to be useful for damage. As CC as shown by the above point, it is therefore unreliable.

3)Damaging pillars left by enemies rarely come into contact with enemies because of how narrow and small they are.

Suggestions:

Uncap the number of enemies you can turn, and have the number of enemies affected inversely affect duration of affliction. As the number of your thralls increases, the time they spend under your control decreases from a maximum value of 60 seconds. 

Let your manual enthralling limit be increased upto 24. 

This actually lets you manage your army by culling it if it gets too large and makes it fit better with the overall goal of killing enemies.You are free to kill them at your desired pace when they have satisfied their need for CC, while careless use undermines its potential.

Mesmer Skin:

Amesha's guardian swarm made into a warframe power! 

The reason it works so well with Amesha is that because of how archwing plays you do not get hit as much as you do in regular play.

Unfortunately Warframe's horde modes are capable of stripping his mesmer skin in a flash, particularly using gunplay.

It also suffers from a very long casting animation.

Suggestions:

1)Raise the number of charges. At current, the number you can gain is too few to be really useful, particularly in higher levels!

2)Add a buffer between consumption of charges, allowing each charge to protect you for a minimum duration. For example, when consumed, each charge gives you x% damage reduction for 4 seconds before next charge is consumed. This allows for you to get more use out of your cast and makes it less frustrating and flimsy.

3)Add his passive as an effect when all mesmer skin charges are depleted to give you some breathing room to reposition/recharge your Mesmer skin, and replace his passive with a new one.

4)Shorten casting times.

Alternately, let killing enemies stunned by mesmer skin return a charge if killed within a certain time limit.

Reave:

1)Very awkward to use, often causing you to overshoot/fly into corners/get stuck in geometry, etc. 

2)Movement is also linear, feeling very restrictive.

3)Energy cost is too high for a movement ability even if it provides sustain.

Suggestions:

1)Activate to go into spectral form, becoming invincible but unable to do damage or interact with environment and having limited movement speed.

2)Give an omnidirectional dash that lets you steal health and reposition.

3)If Danse macabre is active, only the dash is available to use, just like now.

Danse Macabre:

Fantastic damage, adaptation to enemy weakness was a stroke of genius. Very few things to say here.

Suggestions:

1)Please change damage type for flesh to viral. Gas suffers against infested!

2)Please allow us to Aim it slightly up and down. Right now it only interacts with enemies on the exact horizontal plane as you which can be frustrating sometimes.

3)Please add something more to killing entralled enemies, like releasing small shockwaves, etc.

As I continue to play with Revenant I will revise and add to the feedback as necessary.

Edited by Evanescent
  • Like 1

I've already posted but just wanted to add a bit more.

Playing at or above level 50, I simply find myself using only Reave (3) and Danse Macabere (4). Reave to recover and Danse to clear a section of common low-health mob dudes. Occasionally, Enthrall is useful for Nox, Eximus, or Napalms.