Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

So after playing with him and getting feel for his kit, I have noticed his 4 outshines his first and third ability. Enemies die to his 4 so fast he doesn't need to heal. And his first ability just kind of seems to be there for the traps it leaves behind. The thralls die way to fast to either rev or his allies to be of any real use. I really feel his first ability needs to be looked at, either making it so allies can't hurt thralls or it stores damage that hurts it when the ability wares off, or something along those lines.

Sorry, but this is a total change to his entire kit. This is not reasonable. This is a completely new frame.

39 minutes ago, falconwarrior said:

should be a true Eidolon themed frame

Nowhere has DE said this was the case. Headcanon doesn't apply.

He is not an Eidolon, He is not a Sentient. He's been affected by the energy in the same way the Plains have.

• Like 1

what I wanted to say has basically already been said... his 1 is pretty useless since in the early levels they die pretty much instantly and later levels their damage is useless against enemies and you only have 4 that has the same stupid A.I. and doesn't even do much in the drawing fire from the enemies department (Nekros and Nyx have a way better time in this area). His 2 gone in an instant, I wanted to test if there was a grace period like with the Simaris mods but nope my 5 stacks drop instantly to 0 when there were 5 enemies. His 3 other than the square mist block its not worth using since the energy cost is not worth the trouble of using the ability. his 4 murders trash mobs at the early levels but later levels Mr. paper bag drops so quickly using the ability when the enemies aren't crowd controlled is an instant get yourself killed button.

His a mixed bag of Mirage, Nyx and hydroid but your  better off picking any of those frames instead of Revenant, I deeply regret buying Revenant in his current state and I'm thinking about going to Zendesk for a refund

• Like 1

Three forma and exilus, overall this is a great warframe and other usual suspect crutch frames should be brought down to this level.

1. Acquisition. Paid plat but no one I talked to farming it took more than two hours. Compared to other frames that's very easy, almost too easy.

2. Appearance. 10/10 Beautiful frame that dyes very well. However, both of the animations that come with him are kind of odd. Why is he always pointing in agile? Would probably "unpoint" that and the noble is odd as well. Can do homage to other games of the past and make fire, ice or electric revenants, pretty cool. I made mine into fire, and it's one of the best looking of many awesome looking frames.

3. Balance. Very well balanced frame. Not enough range on the 4 and too high drain to turn it into a crutch frame that messes with the play/enjoyment of others. NERF other AOE down to this level for the good of the game, start with Peacemaker, Maim and Spores... then branch out into all radial AOE, at least in higher game modes. Game is suffering due to radial AOE spam. You will gain far more in retention than you will PO by nerfing lots of AOE cheese in WF. The frame has low team utility compared to other choices. 8/10 overall.

4. First skill. Needs a few more thralls, maybe 8. Like all the skills, casts too slow. The skill works well, thralls are quickly responsive, -do- draw and create aggro IME. The problem here is that like many other skill mechanics, currently encourages noxious hallway hero "play" as opposed to team play due to all the OP map clear radial AOE in the game that will also kill thralls. Please do not make the thralls invulnerable to teammate fire generally, but DO consider making them permanently immune to all friendly frame powers other than Revenant's, and a possible very short 3-5 second initial immunity to friendly weapons. 5/10

5. Second skill. Speed up the cast time. The "Natural Talent Mandatory" is not good, especially on frames that are not the usual suspect crutch frames, and should be changed (in Harrow's case also, another great, well balanced frame in a sea of OP crutch cheese). Resists some status effects like explosions from bombards, but not others like scorpion pulls. Needs conformity in resistance, and should resist all status from anything other than nullies, while consuming a charge. A very powerful but balanced skill overall. Allowing recast while active is a -bad- idea and would make it OP. 8/10

6. Third skill. SPEED UP CAST TIME and reduce the energy cost to 50. I kind of like the vaporous wall effect personally. Effect on nonthralls seems to be very weak, even nonexistent sometimes, increase. 7/10.

7. Fourth skill. Speed up cast time, as others say allow some z axis of some type, maybe in conjunction with the 3. Entering it currently breaks sprint, and I understand why this is, but it should resprint on exit. Damage is fine and well-balanced due to low range and high energy drain.

Overall rating 7/10.

8. This well-balanced, interesting frame will not likely get much play once the new frame smell wears off, and that's your fault DE. Stop pussyfooting around and tone down the AOE crutching in your game. Saryn was overbuffed, there should be exactly -0- aimbot skills in a shooter game, and radial AOE should have range, dmg, target and map mode caps (lots of mix and match fixes possible), at least in higher planets and game modes. You drag your feet on this, nerfing X skill to LOS, then six months later, Y skill to not be perma low level room clear. That's NOT enough. To make WF into a good, fun game for all you really, truly need to rip the bandaid off all at once on radial AOE cheese in your game. Maybe you have some of this planned for Fortuna, I hope so.

Edited by Buttaface

23 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Sorry, but this is a total change to his entire kit. This is not reasonable. This is a completely new frame.

Nowhere has DE said this was the case. Headcanon doesn't apply.

He is not an Eidolon, He is not a Sentient. He's been affected by the energy in the same way the Plains have.

They've literally said it on multiple devstreams. The whole "change damage type to adapt to resistances" was to make him more sentient like. He's sentient-themed the same way Nidus is infested-themed.

4 hours ago, BreezeKazero said:

Danse Macabre does corrosive damage and procs to Grineer enemies and magnetic damage and procs to corpus enemies, tested it while leveling in onslaught, the damage seems faction based so I would assume it would continue to do that current damage type regardless of their current armour or shields.

It does seem faction based at first, but mixed void enemies will cause magnetic and corrosive. My main gripe is that currently the only enemies causing gas are the enemies that matter the least. I'm hoping DE plans to apply it to more enemies.

Revenant Review: 

I Credit-Card farmed Rev the moment he came out and have been playing him non-stop so far.  TL:DR=He is fun and powerful, but the best way to play him people get wrong.

Passive: A good passive that synergizes well. The moment his Mesmer Skin runs out he dies fast, so having this just in case is great.  Range is too low to usually be useful most of the time.

Enthrall: At first glance, I saw this as Nyx 2.0, but AI remains terrible at killing other AI. At that point, I brought my focus to the damaging pillars and it was at that point I really saw the light.  If you build for Duration and Range this ability is lots of fun. Pillars could use a bit of a range buff honestly, it wasn't till 250% range that I even hit enemies.

Mesmer Skin: Revenant's best ability is a better version of Amesha's 1, which is a great thing.  When working correctly I love this skill, but my charge counter often bugs so I have no idea what I have left at most times.

#3: I list this as #3 because I can't be bothered to remember the name, it is that bad. I use this to move when spamming 4 mainly.  This also heals you slightly, but if you keep Mesmer Skin up then this is not needed.  My suggestion is to replace this skill with a skill that consumes your active thralls for a bit of health or even exploding them.

Danse Danse Revolution: A great ability. Range is small but that is OK with how powerful it is. The main issue is hitting targets above or below you, not being able to jump makes this problem more obvious.

Fashion: Thematically Revenant is great. I love his look, and I love the theme. The following is my Angelic Revenant, dispensing rays of judgment.

Bugs/Issues:

Enthral can hit bosses, INCLUDING Stalker.

Mesmer Skin counter does not display number after being hit sometimes.

#3, though slightly useful, could use a bit of love.

Danse Macabre not being able to aim up or down really hurts on maps that have any bit of terrain, which is every map in the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yonm said:

They've literally said it on multiple devstreams. The whole "change damage type to adapt to resistances" was to make him more sentient like. He's sentient-themed the same way Nidus is infested-themed.

Yet Nidus isn't recognizably a copy of Infested enemies we fight. I don't see suggestions to change his 1 to a toxic spit, his 2 to vomiting sticky goo on the floor, etc.

Why should Revenant be an explicit copy of the Eidolons? Plus OP's suggestion has 3 different 3rd and 4th powers and a stupidly specced passive that has no chance of actually appearing in the game.

Suggesting a newly released frame has nearly every ability trashed to make room for 3 entirely new abilities, mechanic and art-wise, is just straight up bad.

This belongs in Fan Concepts as a new frame that mirrors Revenant.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Yet Nidus isn't recognizably a copy of Infested enemies we fight. I don't see suggestions to change his 1 to a toxic spit, his 2 to vomiting sticky goo on the floor, etc.

Why should Revenant be an explicit copy of the Eidolons? Plus OP's suggestion has 3 different 3rd and 4th powers and a stupidly specced passive that has no chance of actually appearing in the game.

Suggesting a newly released frame has nearly every ability trashed to make room for 3 entirely new abilities, mechanic and art-wise, is just straight up bad.

This belongs in Fan Concepts as a new frame that mirrors Revenant.

Do you even know what a theme is...? How do your personal feelings invalidate the fact the the devs have explicitly stated that they've designed these two warframes based on the infested and sentient?

Quick Summary: His ultimate is fine where it is, but his 1-3 abilities and passive could all use some buffs/changes compared to what was shown before in devstreams.

(The abilities might have been nerfed because of the ultimate change.)

Passive:

It is now a knockback or knockdown wave that triggers when your shields deplete. I have never noticed this while playing so far and even when I saw my shields deplete, the area of effect is to small to be useful or sometimes doesn't even work at all. Honestly, the previous passive would have been more useful. The old one used to be a life-steal that was proportional to how current energy you had. It was simple, but it would have been more effective and used than the current passive.

Maybe bring back the old passive but make it to where the life-steal is proportional to how much energy you don't have.

Ex: 5-10% life-steal with no energy, then maybe either 1% or none at max energy. Maybe even gain a very small amount of energy per kill under a certain threshold.

Thematically, since his name is Revenant, I think of it as when he is low or out of energy, he gets bloodthirsty and wants to consume his enemies esseance to get stronger.

Enthrall:

I don't think needs much other than it should enthrall 5 enemies total, that is affected by power strength. It wouldn't be as substantial as in the devstreams, but it would help nonetheless. 

Mesmer Skin:

This just needs a quicker casting time and more uses. It is very similar to the Amesha's 1, so I think it needs a similar amount of uses to it. It is his main defense too.

(15 base line, then affected by power strength. 10 uses if that's to much)

Reave: 

Either reduce the cast time significantly or remove it entirely, then reduce its energy cost if they want to keep it as is. So far, I don't think it's worth 75 energy for limited mobility and a little bit of sustain. Since it can be used as an escape tool and is a small heal, it maybe should have a 25 energy cost or 50 if it's better than what I have noticed. Lastly, the animation for it looks a bit strange. Just this somewhat awkward square fog flying around.

Danse Macabre: Leave as is since it is fairly balanced and effective on many levels, however, I have seen some changes already mentioned that could be useful.

Overall I think the theme is really cool and I enjoy playing Revenant a lot. He just needs some tweeks/changes to his abilities and I think he would be in a good place.

Thank you for reading!

Edited by Drador-An

Very cool ability! However I feel like we have way too many warframes that give overshields. Maybe he could give energy instead or buffs as a form of pickup. Increased casting speed buff or a increased efficiency buff. anything that benefits weapons or warframes sounds very productive and a unique team comp!

Edited by Vladimir

Here is my list of feedback on Revenant, listed via his abilities:

Enthrall:  four thralls does not in any way constitute a horde.  Four is a group or maybe a gang at best, but it's not even on the same order of magnitude as a horde.  In other words, a cap of four thralls is ridiculously low for that being his main mechanic.  I can understand the need for a cap, but it needs to be raised substantially (or Enthrall's description should use a word other than "horde", because that's just plain old false advertising).  Additionally, once enemies become my thralls, they seem to lose half of their AI.  They do stupid crap, like standing there and getting shot without fighting back.  They also seem to prioritize staying near/following Revenant over fighting enemies, which seriously hampers their usefulness (maybe I want to leave them behind as a distraction or to cover an ally and I don't want them to follow me) AND gets them killed a lot if you're a melee player - your thralls will literally walk right into your sword/axe/polearm/whatever.  They regularly get stuck on level geometry (happened repeatedly on Saturn Defense where thralls would constantly run into the defense target and then just run in place while getting shot), and lastly, when they're not doing anything, they don't seem to react to other thralls taking damage, which again, severely limits their usefulness - if they have nothing to do (i.e. are not already fighting), they should certainly back each other up.

Suggestions for improvements:  fix the AI, buff thrall damage so that they can actually kill things, then replace the hard cap on thralls with a soft cap:  thralls can enthrall other enemies via damage up to 12 thralls.  Revenant can still make thralls past that limit himself, but he loses Mesmer Skin's synergy and each additional thrall he creates costs more and more energy.

Mesmer Skin's synergy with Enthrall is basically worthless considering that thralls can enthrall others for free anyway just by shooting at them.  By the time you get around to trying to enthrall a second stunned thrall, your first thrall has probably already made two more thralls.  Maybe make it so that enthralling one stunned enemy simultaneously enthralls all stunned enemies?

Reave's dash doesn't really seem all that helpful.  I would much rather we turn into an invulnerable mist that can move around freely (and steal health/shields once from each enemy we pass through) for a short time than the world's slowest dash we got.

I don't really know what to say about Danse Macabre.  I personally don't like it as a concept, but it's also clearly the most useful of Revenant's abilities, so thumbs up?

Overall, I really think you guys should roll Revenant back to what you proposed during his original reveal - he sounded absolutely awesome back then.  All the changes that have been made since then have made him pretty meh.

Edited by Aekhon
  • Like 2

The passive doesn't actually do anything in normal gameplay and even if it had better range it would be a garbage tier passive. It should be removed and replaced with something that mimics the sentient ability to gate damage for both usefulness and thematic appeal.

The first ability doesn't work well with the other abilities and succeeds neither at serving as a distraction nor helping to deal any damage in actual gameplay.  Thralls need to do a better job of helping you do the murder or the not die. 

The second ability is weak.  There needs to be a limit to how fast charges are consumed.  There also needs to be a way of gaining charges, or another damage reducing ability that can cover for its downtime.

The third ability is useless for movement, survivability, or murder during normal gameplay.  The effective health pool of Revenant is too small for the healing to be useful, and the healing would be too low even if Revenant had more health/armor.  Movement wise its worse than a basic bullet jump, especially for the energy cost.  The health it leeches from the enemy is negligible.  Also, it's buggy and frequently collides into everything and nothing, rather than actually passing through enemies or going off for its full duration.

The fourth ability is enough to take Revenant from 'pretty terrible' to 'meh'.  It works well enough but it can't carry every other ability being lackluster to garbage. 

Edited by cowpunter
forgot to mention bug of third ability
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buttaface said:

~snip~

agreed. saryn was absolutely over buffed. maim needs to be brought down too. i would also like to know this obsession they have with slow cast time in a fast paced game. nezha still suffering from slow cast time. it took them years just to reduce cast time on mags crush.

• Like 1

After having made my little feedback earlier, and supported some suggestions that I could see afterwards, I come back to present an idea ..

I saw a lot of negative opinion on Reave .. and thinking of it, I have a suggestion ..
Make it a toggle ability, with a fairly short duration.
This would be his (emergency) spectral mode, as it is when he comes out of the earth in the quest, but with more aura of energy.
In this mode:
- He enters this mode by a shout, which briefly stun ennemies nearby
- He's invulnerable ( and maybe uses the incomming damage to boost his own )
- Moves a little faster.
- Doesn't use his weapons anymore.
- He can't use Mesmer Skin
- He can't use Dance Macabre.
- He has a number of charges. (maybe 5 or 10) ( To keep the balance, and encourage people to leave this mode even before the short duration comes to an end.)
- These charges are used to shoot big single lasers with his left arm, by the firing key.
- Every kill with these lasers give us some energy (like a Limbo kill in the rift)
- The rolling key makes a long dash similar to that of the vombalyst, with the current effects of Reave.
- He has 3 free dash, the third will force him to return to his physical form. ( Again, to keep the balance )

Of course, if we are using Danse Macabre, the 3 remains the long dash, but it must really be reworked to be similar to that of the vombalyst.

This way, we have:
- An ability perfectly in his theme, which gives him a second possibility of damage, to vary and not to have only the spin2win..
- A ability that is played in the emergency, the duration would be just long enough to use our charges.
- We are safe thanks to the spectral form to take our time to use the dash effectively.

Please, take the time to consider it.
That removes nothing of him, and I think all the negative opinion on Reave come from players who want it to be more controllable and useful.
And that adds the final eidolon aspect..
You already almost have the model ( in the quest ) <.<

I propose this because, anyway, currently, he pauses between each dash, it does not chained fluidly.
You have designed this ability to give him an escape move, that regenerates, synergizes, and is similar to the vombalyst dash.
These conditions are all respected in this suggestion, which brings you in addition, a spectral form that will give him even more eidolon charisma and a second laser attack, more simple and direct, which will delight everyone.
If you are afraid of the invincible aspect, I remind you that you already have some warframes that have this available, and that I specified that the duration should be short, because it remains an ability to escape, or rush.

Of course, I know it's very rare that you change a skill just right after you release the warframe. I do not really know how it happened .. but it seems to me that there was big late changes with Khora, no ? 😛

His 1 needs some work. It's just a weaker mind control. The thralls either need some type of damage resistance so they can have a meaningful presence or the maximum amount needs to be raised so they can actually spread and provide more cc. This skill just doesn't feel as impactful as it should considering how much it was sold to us when he was being showcased. 

2 is okay but having stacks be removed by status tics is a huge drawback. It should make him status immune or the stacks should ignore status damage.

3 is good but could probably use some type scaling.

4 is great but rather weak against infested. Gas was probably not a great choice due to the presence of ancients.

Edited by Yonm

so, after extensiv testing, i agree to what many other already said about the revenant:

passive: even though it sounds nice, it rarely ever is of use - but i'll try it out with a min. shield build and mayby fast recharge to see if that will make any differenz. imo, something like damage-type adaption to his armor would far better working into the eidolon-theme and would be more usefull to the player.

1st.: theoretically a nice ability, but not so in actual gameplay. my main complainment about it is that oneself and every other allied forces can kill the thrall - which might be a good tactical move in some (very few though) situations but even then is rather weak in puncto time and range of the "pillar". the max number of 4 thralls is to low and the energy cost for them a bit too high (especially since you usually kill them yourself "accidently" just after casting the skill). someone suggested above that you could cast the 1st on 4 enemies, but the "spreading" effect would then be on 4 additional enemies per thrall (or maybe it was 3... anyway). or, the thralls should be like every normal allied npc, undamageable - like i said, the pillar is rather less of use most of the time. the synergy effect to the mesmer skin is rather awkward to use in normal gameplay since this is a game in which we usually don't stand still to watch who was effected by an automatic cast from our ability just to use the synergy effect for another one...

2nd.: would be a usefull ability if the amount of reflection could be increased at least to the double and the time enemies get stunned also - this would also help with the poor-to-use synergy of the 1st. ability. oh, and it should be recastable any time too...

3rd.: also too awkward in it's use - make this skill instantaneously without the animation that takes ages and only will lead to enemies already done&gone. the amount of shield and energy is ok, but not great. also, make the dash range increased by mods would make it usefull too.

4th.: i like the ability in general, but the amount of energy consumption is a bit too high, even with streamline in. the movement could be faster too, or at least should be increased by movement mods (which i can't see is the case atm). the damage is ok, but i would like it more if the 4th. would be modable like a summoned weapon, which it is... ofc, the same could be said to other frames abilities too then, like mirages "disco-ball", which is a bit similar. anyway, you should also clarify the description of the ability, for the range of the beams is definitivly NOT 0.1m (0.2m boosted) - it also seems not be affected by range mods (which it should imo) and seems to have a fixed range of 55m (hard to see at times since the beams are a bit unsteady - which is ok though).

his general stats are ok for a medium-frame - maybe a bit more base-energy would be fine. the look of the frame is quite cool (especially with his "correct" armor - which also looks very nice on other frames btw), but why do i always get the feeling he is limbo's brother?..

the phantasma

nice beam-shotgun satisfying in use, but sadly the lack of crit. dmg and chance forces it to be a status-only weapon (which i always find rather silly in a "shotgun" kind of weapon...). the range of the beam is a bit too short imo, but is still manageable. the magazin though should be a bit bigger than it is now - even with the short reload time it has.

Edited by fr4gb4ll

First time giving feedback, don't hurt me.

Revenant looks good but feels gimpy on the ability front. His kit suggests to me he should make a Nekros level army to hide in while dishing out his own damage. In practice he is best experienced when maxing Power Strength and hoping you live long enough to spin for more than five seconds. His cast times are painful, literally on his 2, and the utility on everything varies wildly. From here I'll list each part and talk my way through what I think the issues are along with a potential solution.

His passive: I consider the best passive in-game to be Zephyr's: It fits her theme, you notice what it changes and it can affect your playstyle. Rev's is supposed to help keep you alive in the event your shield drops but does nothing to actually extend your meager existence. If we had shield gating or if shields weren't his main HP this might not be so bad but this is where we are. Making it pop on thresholds like Vexing Retaliation would improve the current passive while my suggestion would be to change it. Eidolons have tons of shields that only acknowledge void damage, since we are the only things that deal void damage just give it a reduction. Give the man a little more armor and apply that reduction to his shields. He'd still be pretty squishy without Mesmer Skin but not useless.

Enthrall: Needs. Better. Thralls. The infection hardly spreads when enemies completely drop aggro on everything after getting enthralled and have no improved stats to really justify going out of your way to pick a target. Plenty of other people will suggest just raising the thrall cap but I think that won't really solve the problem on it's own. Give thralls their own Mesmer Skin and remove their ability to make more minions with damage. This will buff their durability, scale with Power Strength, let them more reliably enthrall and be worth the energy to cast. This buff isn't even taking into account my changes to Mesmer Skin itself. One thing I thought was really disappointing was when I maxed Power in exchange for duration was that my thralls didn't get any better. The pillars don't scale well and around level 50 Enthrall completely drops off. Better thralls make a better Revenant.

Mesmer Skin: This ability does not do enough. I will grant that certain situations favor this armor more than other, bombards can't touch you and I ran today's sortie with minimal worry. After more use though, both with and without Power, this skin starts to feel like card-stock. The base stacks are way too low, six entire attacks get negated before you have to spend more time than the ability lasted to recast it. The max stacks I can manage is 13.56 (how the heck does half a stack work?) and it's hardly an improvement when hordes of hostile units carry automatic weapons. With the proposed passive change making the stacks like half as effective with at least twice the capacity would do wonders for you and ya bois. That was all just the tank functions. For the enthralling thing - just make it automatic. That's it. Thralls make thralls and you don't have to look around to find the one stunned moron in a crowd of dumb.

Reave: There is no reason to use this. Unless you build duration you don't go anywhere so it makes a bad escape and it doesn't deal any damage as a Power attack. Rev's shields don't last long enough to need a whole ability to replenish and if you've lost HP then you're probably either already dead or it was so little you'll make it back from orbs. If it's more effective on thralls that die if you look at them funny then why did I make the thralls? That's four casts of Enthrall or a long wait for the spread of one thrall so you can replenish HP. Either you need the healing way faster than that's gonna take if you just started prepping thrall or they'll be dead before you can use them. Make it a damaging Cloud Walker, not even a dash, just float onto some enemies and start sapping their HP to heal. It doesn't need to hurt that much it just needs to make you safe and let you get what you need then go.

Danse Macabre: This is everyone's favorite ability, just make the overshield come from every enemy and make it so thralls that still have Mesmer Skin don't take damage.

In my opinion Revenant is already a really, really good warframe buried under some bad decisions. His aggro absorbents don't last long enough and has a hype-killingly small unit cap. His tank ability doesn't last long enough and takes so much time to both set up and deliver on that it's annoying. His one vampire remnant makes Puddle look fun and his ultimate suffers from the other abilities lack of raw numbers. I appreciate tweaking him so he doesn't make Nyx totally obsolete but this incarnation feels like an over-correction. To close this out I actually want to make a suggestion for a future warframe; I want a warframe with Exalted dual axes and a charge attack that throws them, think Olaf or Kreig for the rest of the kit. Just a nice Nordic berserker. Valkyr ironically doesn't "scratch" the right itch.

I couldn't try the Warframe yet but based on others comments, here are some ideas.

Passive :

I think it is fine except for the range according to people. Maybe I'd give it A LOT of range (affinity range ?), but also a cooldown on it so it's not abused and won't control the entire area every time Revenant loses his shield.

First Ability :

When an enemy affected by the ability dies, transfers the ability to the closest enemy for the remaining duration. + Increase the maximum number of affected enemies. 

Why : The main issue is that enthralled enemies just die too fast and can't spread because of the rest of the squad. I don't think making them invulnerable is a good idea because it will be hard to distinct them from enemies and will be frustrating. By spreading at death, Revenant doesn't increase the number of enthralled enemies controlled but doesn't decrease it either. The maximum number of affected enemies is really low compared to what we saw on the devstream. I hope it will be increased to at least 8 (but didn't really think about it. I just think it would be cool).

Second ability

When casting first ability, every enemies that are incapacitated by this ability are automatically enthralled.

Why : I don't think looking for every target incapacitated in such a messy game is a cool experience, so make it simple by not having to look for each incapacitated enemy.

I won't talk about the protection from damage as I don't know how to improve it. I like the fact that it is not based on duration so we don't have to use it every X seconds, but don't know if that makes it better or different since I couldn't try the Warframe yet.

Third ability :

Reduce the energy cost.

Why I like the spell but I think it is a bit expensive since it was designed to be used with the fourth ability. The visual could be improved. Couldn't try the casting time but according to people it's an issue.

Fourth ability :

Add damage reduction while ability is used.

Why : I like the ability and the damage adaptation was a great idea ! But I'm afraid the ability will be to hard to use in high level content because of big damage from enemies. By adding damage reduction, it gives the player time to react to damage and use the third ability to heal Revenant.

Conclusion

I like the idea of Revenant, but I think the different issues I talked about affect the experience of the player and make it hard to enjoy the Warframe.

Feel free to answer to my comment if you think some ideas aren't that good and explain why ! 😋

• Like 1

Here is my feedback on the New Frame:

Pros:

• This Warframe can Regenerate Shield while being shot at. Even without arcanes the Frame will begin Shield regeneration after the usual delay, even while being constantly shot at.
  • Due to its abnormal high base shields he can Facetank nearly any mission on starchart levels (Excluding Enduring Runs) with a proper build.
  • His Enthrall works on nearly anything (including (Shadow) Stalker, Juggernaut, and G3).
  • Properly Moded this Frame has no Problem with soloing Sortie level Content.
  • His 4th has a good balance between damage dealt and energy consumed, also after a short time getting used to it the combination of his 2nd and his 4th works really well.

Cons:

• Thralls being killable by Friendly Tenno is a nice idea, but in combination with the limit of 4 it feels like a waste of Castingtime and energy to use it when you are playing Public, as said Tennos will most definitely kill your Thralls in mere seconds.
  • His 2nd Ability should round Up or Down, with something like 5.72 Charges you end up with having 0 Charges left but ability still in use and unable to recast. The Time to use the free Entrall is sufficient.
  • His 3rd Ability dosn't work as described in the Text. The Text reads "Leeching 40% shields and 40% of health" but healing only about 4 to 20 health/Enemy on lv 30 dosn't add up. Also the Ability is by far too expensive for what it is doing. If it would "leech" the full 40% of health and shield of every enemy hit it would be to strong, but at around 7.5 % scaling with mods(Capped at 40 %) it should be useful and not to strong.
  • The changed Passive is a Joke and not a good one. Yes he can trigger this on his own every few seconds after his shield are down, but with the really small radius it barely hits anything. The life leech based on energy missing would have had a grate synergy with his 4th that scales with damage taken... If his passive has to be something unique make it restore shields based on damage dealt with a percentage that changes with energy missing. This would not be to strong as shields wont stop enemys from one hit killing you after a certain point but it would have synergy with his 4th.
Edited by Darkuhn

I think we can all agree that his current passive is pretty useless. First off, you need to take damage for it to trigger, which makes it pretty useless if you're trying to avoid damage. When it does actually trigger, the range is a pitiful 5-7 meters (couldn't get an exact reading)

So, what would be a much more useful passive that follows the theme of the Warframe, Eidolons?

My suggestion: Just like the Eidolons we fight on the plains, Revenant doesn't take damage to his health as long as he has shields. Bleed, Toxic ticks and anything else that can hit through shield usually will hit his shields instead. Pairing this suggestion with his good shield-pool would give him a nice bit of survivability without going overboard. Modding a frame for shields is usually a terrible idea and I think this would be a nice change of pace.

Thoughts?

• Like 7