Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

6 minutes ago, Insizer said:

Quite frankly Revenant needs a massive overhaul as his entire kit is a mishmash of things that establish no role nor combination of roles.  His Enthrall ability is all but pointless as his thralls die before they do anything and serve practically no purpose in death.  To make it worse his kit synergy relies on his thralls and his ult's synergy is completely pointless (oh boy overshields, like that will help you past level 40).  Furthermore the ult is one of the most boring ults in the game imo.  You turn into a top and can't do anything other than move around and power up your lasers.  The frame continuously begs the question "what is this thing's purpose?"

And that is just a few of the issues.

Revenant is one of the most boring frames I have in my arsenal, if not the most boring.  I have more fun with Wukong and that is saying something.

I don't think I've been so underwhelmed by a frame before.

He's fun- but alone, otherwise yea, thralls die fast and serve no purpose other than distraction. 

I ignore shield on him- he should have a lot more HP rather until DE makes shields actually useful.  

Personally, I find his Ult fine.  It's not like many other ults aren't just "push 4 and watch your frame do a thing"  at least you can move and use your 3 at the same time. 

If his thralls had inf. spread then I think that would make him pretty good

He's not as bad as Khora but he should still be fixed up some.  Too many useless aspects or aspects that don't do well in anything except solo. 

Ok, just used him in a sortie. His moves are great, but he needs a bit of a buff. His 2 gets demolished by DoT status based attacks (such as flamethrowers). Make him immune to status with Mesmer Skin. Second of all, make his Enthrall ability scale with power strength, because 4 is a bit...underwhelming. His Danse Macabre is fine, his 3 is fine. Overall amazing kit but please consider those two adjustments I said above.

• Like 1

Revenant is like a solo friendly DPS nyx... so if you don't like him, you don't like nyx. I think it's pretty fun to use.

One thing though, the enemies affected by enthrall should get a little boost of defense, cuz they die really fast, even in solo play. The cap is fine, you have to use them to draw agro away from you, not to build an indestructible army of zombies (even if DE tried to do that at first)

hace 5 minutos, tactical_surgeon dijo:

If his thralls had inf. spread then I think that would make him pretty good

That would make him really OP and annoying to your teammates

1 hour ago, InfestedDealer said:

I like Reveant,

Problem: Mesmer Skin either has low charges for some people, But to me It makes using Reave pointless Because I won't be takeing damage to health or shields Plus ( Strength , duration build doesn't have the space for shields , armor or health mods)

Simple Solution: Have Reave give Mesmer skin stacks per Thrall hit , or energy or have Reave open enemies up to being thralled.

Complex Solution: Change how Memser skin or Reave works to better fit one another.  Either Mesmer mitigates damage in a new way or Reave gives the player something other than a light damage dash.

Absolutely agree that Reave should give mesmer skin stacks instead of health/shields. It would make the skill way more useful.

I did say in my original post they're not really meant to be CC, just enough to distract.  I know if they were inf. that would be op- they'd spread across the map but 4 is a bit small considering they die instantly to teammates so they really serve no other purpose other than a distraction. 

I personally am having fun with him- but the focus on shield on him / over shield just doesn't work.   If we could cast our 1 while in 4 it would be more useful

He's bad. He's not the worst ever and he functions for the most part.

1. Increase cap to 10 allow it to be affected by Power Strength.

2. More base amount of charges and have enemies automatically become enthralled when they attack. This way (with a higher thrall cap) he can synergize easily with his 4 as enemies attacking him will get stunned/ turned into thralls and become instant pillars from the ult.

3. It's ugly, sounds cool, needs a faster animation as well as better FX around him.

4..........the lasers do not hit the targets sometimes to half the time. That is a serious problem. The animation and all that I can adapt to, but the inaccuracy of this ability is awful. You might need to change the animation or make the beams bigger or something because it does not work as it should and that can make him feel unplayable. Holding it down for more damage often made it harder to hit enemies because of obvious verticality issues.

Edit: Also the reflected enemy damage is [GARBAGE] and we get a free enthrall anyway so you might as well just make it instant and remove the useless reflected damage.

Edited by Lior55
Forgot to mention the trash aspect of his Mesmer Skin

All his abilities are not original and to some extent repeat the abilities of other warframes, only weaker. The fourth ability (similar to the fourth Misa) feels more confident .. but in my opinion it is not worth as much platinum. I bought it, pumped it to 30, put it on the shelf. 
The new shotgun was also not impressed. And the sound of his shooting ... what are these whimpers?)) I like the sound of shooting most of the weapons in the Warframe, but this unpleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

Also, I know that this may be difficult to pull off but the Teralyst has an EXTREMELY COOL ATTACK where it shoots an energy proyectile to the sky which triggers a laser/meteor rain that deals huge AoE damage, Revenant having a scaled down version of this attack would be absolutely perfect ❤️

I've played him for a bit now, and some of the issues I have...

1: This ability is decent for sowing discord, but it's kneecapped mostly by spectre AI. It can take multiple seconds for an enemy to realise that they've been enthralled, as they finish whatever they were doing before actually changing sides, after which they will dedicate a lot of effort to keeping themselves alive, not spreading the affliction or dealing damage. The fact that they get mowed down by allies also renders this ability pointless when not playing solo. The pillars left behind are too small an AoE to be relevant for damage output.

2: This ability seems somewhat underwhelming. Stunning such a limited number of enemies and dealing largely negligible damage to them isn't exactly a powerhouse of an ability. I often forget it exists.

3: The cast time being as long as the dash duration makes this one of the most annoying abilities to use. The results are also largely negligible, as it is a slow, clunky and weak heal. This needs better interactions or effects. 

4: This appears to be fine, though its lack of vertical traversal makes it somewhat difficult to use in certain cells or locations.

My suggestions: It might be interesting to explore better interactions with the pillars of Sentient energy, though it would require him to produce more, perhaps by retooling his passive. Changing his passive to "Every time the Revenant loses X shields, he spawns a light pillar in close proximity. His abilities interact in special ways with these pillars." could open up possibilities to create a more coherent, solid kit. For instance, casting Mesmer Skin in a pillar could disperse it into a burst of overshield for Revenant and his allies. Using Reave on a pillar could burst it open into a swarm of homing bomblets. Running over a pillar during the Danse Macabre could boost its power for a short duration, perhaps adding the Teralyst's earth-rending after-effect to it. 

the vfx on his 3 are actually horrible, looks like a placeholder to be used during development that you forgot to take off. Aside from that there's a lot of great ideas on how to make his kit more coherent so I won't add anything to those.

I would prefer that his passive be kept simple since he already has kind of a finicky kit. Something like: Revenant is immune to status effects and knockdowns while his shields are active. This would be thematically appropriate (eidolons can't be damaged until their shields are downed), and it would address the biggest weakness with mesmer skin. Resisted status effects could drain a portion of his shield like Inaros' negation swarm or something instead. This would also incentivise using reave and thralls to restore your shields instead of simply recasting 2.

5 minutes ago, Droopsie said:

the vfx on his 3 are actually horrible, looks like a placeholder to be used during development that you forgot to take off. Aside from that there's a lot of great ideas on how to make his kit more coherent so I won't add anything to those.

Yeah I wondered that too, it's like a solid square of fog. Not pretty at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dwqrf said:

By now, I figured one life changing modification that should be made :

Thralls should drop Overshield on death (uncondtionnaly; or maybe a %of drop depending on %power strenght)

Thralls killed by Danse Macabre should make a aoe pillar of energy.

How about overheals instead of overshields? Overshields are already pretty common but some temporal overhealing what decays at mmoderate speed could make an interesting risk vs reward tank.

I've had Rev for the whole day, here is what I have to say.

1:  This needs a increase in the number of thralls you can have. Four is just way too low for this kind of ability and it's quite useless when in a squad as your teammates will kill them. I had found myself struggling to even try to use some of his other abilities in synergy to this one as the number was too low or they were already dead. I suggest having the number cap raised and only have them killed by the player and not by teammates. 

2: I did use this ability far more than any of the others, yet I felt like it just wasn't cutting it. It is tough to try to get a free thrall out of a horde of enemies that ran towards you while the one you want is sleeping behind the mass. The charges went by way too fast and I found myself dead before I could recast or thrall and use the Reave. I suggest that if a enemy shoots a charge off then that enemy and any others near said enemy gets affected.

3: In short I never used this ability, reasons is that my thralls either were dead or out of the way while I was casting it. I also found myself wasting energy as when I tried to use it with a squad, my thralls were dead by my teammates. The effects overall on this on certainly made me not want to use this aswell. A increase in casting time and having more thralls as suggested in would fix this. I also feel that it should be used on non-thralled enemies, as if to have thralled enemies give more health, shields, and over shields. While having regular enemies give low health and shields. 

4: I certainly had no problems with this one to be honest. The drain of energy is where it should be, while the damage might need to be lowered just a tad. Overall, this one seemed to come out quite okay.

Conclusion: This warframe needs more work and is not in a great area as is. Overall, I found myself using 2 and 4 alot and there were several times I tried to use 1 and 3. Yet, every time I did I wasted energy and gave up on trying to use these unless I was alone. I hope this helps.

10 minutes ago, seniledark said:

4: I certainly had no problems with this one to be honest. The drain of energy is where it should be, while the damage might need to be lowered just a tad. Overall, this one seemed to come out quite okay.

The damage is fine because it's inconsistent and misses at times, the energy drain is high no matter what and we shouldn't nerf Frames that actually have the ability to do scaling damage. 

I agree which pretty much everything else you said though.

I absolutely adore his design and I'm rather fine with his kit, but his 1 NEEDS some rework, at LEAST a higher thrall cap (like 8 or something in that area, also only you should get to destroy the minions, none of your teammates)
His 2 also needs some rework, at least a clear feedback WHEN a charge is drained
His 3 works but could use a stronger heal
His 4 is great since it scales well and does use a lot of energy, which limits spamming

• Like 1

here are also some points from me concerning his kit:

1: too limited. it is like nyx's 1 but with more thralls. since enemies are bad at damaging each other its kind of RNG CC on a small scale. the only reason to use it right now is the synergy with 3. the area of effect on death needs to be bigger by default and the thralls need some way to deal more damage to their former allies aside from the aoe dot on death, maybe give them forced slash proccs on every attack if possible. a max thrall count based on power strenght would also help a lot. maybe remove his passive and add the death pillars to his passive so that any enemy affected by his abilities leaves such a pillar on death. that way it wouldnt be too limited to his already really limited thralls and their movement and actually really useful. knockdown on shield depletion is not bad, literally, but its uncreative and not really all that useful especially considering that his kit currently is not on the very strong side, more like a tad above average, generously speaking although thats surely an opinion.

2: this ability could be great but its waaaaaaay too limited. either it needs more max charges or it needs a charging mechanic where it converts energy into charges and we can charge it for longer to gain more. 10 charges for example are down really quickly depending on the circumstance and when its down vs higher lvled enemies Revenant is surely dead. its really strong to block incoming damage and return a 5~ seconds stun, but its too limited duration make it more of a hassle to recast it, especially with that long casting time.

3: from what i recall i thought its supposed to be a bit like a channeled ability which goes for quite some time or untill the player decides to stop it. in any case, its waaay too slow and expensive, too short duration and doesnt even do a lot. its nice to regenerate health and shields but his main tankyness is supposed to come from his 2, right ? so in a realistic scenario, knowing that his 4 is his best and actually a well balanced ability, this is just an expensive way to move during danse. maybe give this synergy with his 4 so that is applies the dmg from his 4 to everyone he passes through. increase the speed and base duration too and leave enemies he passed through blind for maybe 2,5-3 seconds, except for thralls ? another idea to help this out would be the ability to "collect" the death pillars from his 1 so that if he dashes through them he leaves a trail of that very energy which deals damage equal to the sum of all collected pillar's damage. kind of fusing them into one bigger trail.

4: i dont see any issue with danse macabre aside from energy cost. with 175% efficiency my build sits on 3,13 energy per second, 6,26 on channeled. this is managable but considering its maximum output is needed after a certain point in the game its really an expensive 4 with 6,26 energy per second. 2,5 energy and channeled 5 energy would stil not be cheap but better for later in the game with leech eximi and more duarble enemies where channeled "mode" is required.

Edited by Xydeth

Personality I'm disappointed in this warframe specifically all the things down in the dev stream that made him cool and the fact that his 4th ability just doesn't synergize with the other 3  and since his original design was vampiric I'd like that to come back so i've come up with an ability set that would make revenant the prefect crowd control in my opinion.

His first ability enthrall should have a cast cap of 8 but enthralled enemies can kill other enemies and convert them up to 20. Enthralled victims should be immune to damage from allies. This should not be a timer based ability but a permanent one until you dismiss the enemies. Enthralled enemies should count as already dead so getting rid of them isn't necessary when a defense round ends. There should be a limit to which enemies can and cannot be enthrall for example you cannot enthrall a Knox or a Nullifier. Nullifiers can undo enthralling on Enthralled enemies.

His second ability should work more like Rhino's iron skin that's all there is to that point. 

Instead of his 3rd ability being a dash it should synergize with his first ability. His original design being a vampiric frame instead of dashing through enemies for shield he should drain the health of Enthralled enemies to heal the longer you activate the ability the faster it kills your thralls.

His fourth ability should be changed dramatically. Instead of having this weird skin to win ability we should use what I dubbed as "sacrifice". His 4th ability doesn't rely on energy but instead relies on his current thrall amount. The color of his energy will change the abilities damage type along with the Sacrifice power based on which eidolon has the color closest to it for example his default colors would sacrifice all his thralls to rain mortars from the sky a bright yellow would cause beams of light to raise from the ground a green color would cause precision lightning strikes in high value targets. The more thralls you sacrifice the longer the effect will last. 

His passive should be changed to an energizing wave instead of knocking enemies down when his shields go out allies in affinity range will receive 100 energy.

This is how I believe Revenant should have been done and I hope you take the time to consider this. 

This will be with the assumption you play around his ultimate, like you would do Mesa.
General
His armor and HP is to weak. Even with an maxed Arcane Guardian you might die in you 4 to lv 30 enemies.
Increase armor to 300-400 and HP to 950 with Max Vitality, or give him a passive ala the eidolon, that all damage has to go trough shields 1st and then it can touch health. This also makes him immune to procs while he ha shields (slash and toxin are the biggest offenders).
Another fix would be to make all of his abilities castable while in Danse Macabre.

Enthrall
Remove duration, increase cap of enemies, make it propagate much faster between enemies.

Mesmer Skin
6 shards at max rank and no power strength is bad surviavability wise considering you are almost stationary. Increase it to at least 12 shards and make it recastable, or keep it 6, but every time you cast it, it stacks on top of existing shards. Example: Let's say you have 2 shards left, you cast it again and get 8 total, you cast it another time and you now have 14 sahrds and so on and so forth. Maybe even add an -1 shard per every new cast tier so 1st cast gives 6 shards, 2nd gives 5 3rd 4 and so on. Every 6 consumed shards you get an +1 shard to you cast. The ability resets to 6 if no shards are left.

Reave
1st, this need an animation change asap, it looks like a bad placeholder animation. At least make it use the same smoke animation as Wukong's Cloudwalker. Also, if enemies are in groups they can just stop you charge. This looks like a clear bug, and should be addressed. Also make it work Vertically like Slash Dash or Rhino Charge so it can give you some mobility while in Danse Macabre.

Danse Macabre
Let's start with a bug: If you have any bit of momentum while entering it you have to wait 4-5 sec for it to wear of until you can get some control over you frame.
Now then, the ability has no synergy with itself: If you mod for power, the drains becomes ridiculous enough that an full energy pool with Primed Flow and and R1 Arcane Energize procing for 100 energy constantly barelly lasts 10-15 seconds.
Increasing it's base damage would help the ability a lot, as it became useless against lv 60 enemies in SO.
The vertical range of the ability is bad, and the way it looks for enemies doesn't help. Also if anyone is on slight high ground over or you fall to some place you can't do anything but stop the ability. Make the enemy check and damage area more like an cylinder rather than a disk, and give Reave some vertical mobility to help yourself. Range, horizontal wise is in a good spot so this doesn't become a map wide nuke, but vetical one needs some buffs.
  • Like 1

Revenant Dance Macabre makes me motion sick every time I use it.

Can we get another visual effect for it that is not awful to watch.

Just give him Mirage Disco Ball as a possible fix (or something similar), at least is not as annoying as watching Revenant dance.

Also his 3rd skill just looks... bad.

Personality I'm disappointed in this warframe specifically all the things down in the dev stream that made him attractive and the fact that his 4th ability just doesn't synergize with the other 3  and since his original design was vampiric I'd like that to come back so i've come up with an ability set that would make revenant the perfect crowd control in my opinion.

His first ability enthrall should have a cast cap of 8 but enthralled enemies can kill other enemies and convert them up to 20. Enthralled victims should be immune to damage from allies. This should not be a timer based ability but a permanent one until you dismiss the enemies. Enthralled enemies should count as already dead so getting rid of them isn't necessary when a defense round ends. There should be a limit to which enemies can and cannot be enthrall for example you cannot enthrall a Knox or a Nullifier. Nullifiers can undo enthralling on Enthralled enemies.

His second ability should work more like Rhino's iron skin that's all there is to that point. 

Instead of his 3rd ability being a dash it should synergize with his first ability. His original design being a vampiric frame instead of dashing through enemies for shield he should drain the health of Enthralled enemies to heal the longer you activate the ability the faster it kills your thralls.

His fourth ability should be changed dramatically. Instead of having this weird spin to win ability we should use what I dubbed as "sacrifice". His 4th ability doesn't rely on energy but instead relies on his current thrall amount. The color of his energy will change the abilities damage type along with the Sacrifice power based on which eidolon has the color closest to it for example his default colors would sacrifice all his thralls to rain mortars from the sky a bright yellow would cause beams of light to raise from the ground a green color would cause precision lightning strikes in high value targets. The more thralls you sacrifice the longer the effect will last. 

His passive should be changed to an energizing wave instead of knocking enemies down when his shields go out allies in affinity range will receive 50 energy.

This is how I believe Revenant should have been done and I hope you take the time to consider this.