Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

The only issue is that while his 4th is strong, i don't see how can that be turned into efficient gameplay, the range isn't that great, looting with it is limited, you move at a snails pace.

The ability does provide power for sure, but won't make missions profitable and more worthy, the ability itself is a tradeoff, less efficiency (less loot overall) and more pretty lights for players to be blind by.

You're complaining about the adaptability, something other warframes don't have in the way this one does, however it comes at a cost, do you honeslty look at the warframe and see huge potential to clear out large areas of enemies and crates?

Take mirage for example, you can kill enemies while the orb is active killing aswell, it does not happen here, DE is giving you power but in no way the grind will be reduced, it has a tendency to increase because your performance will get worse.

Having the most powerfull tigris ever is pointless when you take 20 minutes to clear out a 2 minute exterminate mission.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

God forbid they make new and unique features of frames. God forbid those abilities be good. GOD FORBID! 

If you have such an issue with things being effective then why don’t you propose DE remove all the weapons and tell us to start killing with a codex scanner.

I think you are twisting my words here. I never said anything about not being able to be effective. I personally dislike with the automation/all-in-one abilities mechanic. But Codex scanner kills does sound nice. 👍

6 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

The only issue is that while his 4th is strong, i don't see how can that be turned into efficient gameplay, the range isn't that great, looting with it is limited, you move at a snails pace.

You're complaining about the adaptability, something other warframes don't have in the way this one does, however it comes at a cost, do you honeslty look at the warframe and see huge potential to clear out large areas of enemies and crates?

I agree with what @KIREEK said here, there's a lot of trade off with his ability. A key mechanic from a sentinel point of view is in fact the ability to adapt to damage types and without it you cant really call Revenant a sentinel Warframe anymore. If anything they've given us a decent Warframe that wont be breaking the meta anytime soon.

Edited by Errodin

1 hour ago, sockpuppetclock said:

Thrall should just pull a little bit more from the whole "Eidolon" theme and make it so that killed thralls will remain in that spirit form like voms until duration ends.

YYAASS YYAAAAASSS!!! For everyone saying that his Thralls should get the Ghost Vom treatment for the remaining duration to infect more and create more pillars and that he should do a stunning eidolon scream when he loses shields, Yes. YES! GIVE HIM MORE EIDOLON ASPECTS!!! HE'S ALMOST FINISHED (outside of all the other buffs he needs to his 1 and 3)!!!

EDIT: The Thrall cap can be increase back to 20, but Vom Thrall cap could be 4 while they can still infect other enemies that are still susceptible to be destroyed by allies. More pillars. More damage output.

Edited by Lior55

17 hours ago, atejas said:

His dps is limited by LoS and angle, which are both huge limitations. He's much closer to Mesa, who hasn't been nerfed in years, than he is to, say, Saryn or Equinox

Also i notice as i main him now. that Soon as you use your 4 it seems all the A.I target you and not the allies as much. so you just become the main target. that is also another balancing factor of it. it makes you careful to not abuse in wide open areas but makes it good at defending a target in the "OH NO, we are done" movements in defense. his energy drain is HUGE for it. he has Low armor and his shields, will even at 2000 can go down easily by couple hits in tier 4 void. His four should not be nerf as it also makes his chances of dying higher then using any another.  

Would it be madness to make his passive a resistance to the primary damage that destroyed his shield?

(Don't get me wrong, I'd still prefer life steal, because I have a thing, but the adaptation thing could be a thing... with things...)

After spending the day .. rereading the completeness, or almost, of this megathread,
( yes I have nothing better to do with my life .. xD )
Here is the list of what I think is necessary, in priority, as adjustment of the powers of Revenant.

Enthrall
- The cap of 4. If this cap is not changed, I understand, but it's imperative that the usage is never blocked by this cap.
That the oldest target among our 4 is released if we want to control a 5th.

When you rush a area, you may use this power on some ennemies, and then you arrive in a room with a heavy unit, and you cannot control him
" °-° where are my 4 little friends, I want to kill them >.< "  we think at this moment..

Optional: force the new thrall to stay in place 1 or 2 seconds before leaving to attack what it can. It looks for distant targets without moving during these first moments,
because we may want to use the power just to quickly have 4 thralls to cross with the Reave, or kill with the 4 for the overshield.

Optionnal: The counter of thralls must be in evidence. Currently it is in the middle of all the possible buff. This would not matter if we could always use the power as suggested.

(very) Optionnal: I suggest that if we keep the key pressed, we bring our thralls around us by teleportation.
That the cost in energy depend on their number if you want.

Mesmer Skin
- Correct the bug that completely makes disapear the counter.
- Add a sound and visual indicator when an enemy is stunned. (a small ripple of energy in his direction will suffice)
- Add a sound and visual indicator when the armor disappears.

Optional: review the list of types of damage that we can endure.
It happens very often that completely crazy damage falls on us without knowing where it came from while we thought invincible for another 10 charges...

Optional: Consider changing cast time.

(very) Optional: Consider modifying the animation.

Reave
- Change this 2D gif into a real aura of energy similar to the vombalyst dash.

The other negative opinions and proposals I have seen for this power seem uninteresting to me. This power is actually good enough as it is.
Be careful, however, its use in  mid-air is strange, if we fly over a slope our altitude changes .. which is not really logical, we are supposed to go straight from where we started the power.

Optional: Consider a rework of this skill.
A spectral shape similar to the vombalyst, the dash would be easier to chained, with the roll key.
The complete idea is visible in my previous feedback.

Danse Macabre:
I didn't see much negative opinion, but I saw a certain suggestion several times.
So, optional:
- To be able to raise us a little higher if we maintains space key, in order to pass over some small obstacles.

Warning, I do not know if it's wanted, if we trigger the power while we are squatting, our speed will be greatly reduced '-'

The passive:
I saw a lot of negative opinion on this.
It seems really useless, and even having found that we can easily destroy ourselves with the Phantasma, this tiny shock wave is just ridiculous.
You have gone from life steal, potentially Op, to ridiculous shock wave.
It's Revenant, give him something worthy of his prestige.

-----------------------

I saw a few remarks about the functionality of the overshield, which seems useless to some, because our thralls are killed too quickly by the allies.

Personally I didn't have a problem like this.
I quickly capture 4 targets and I cast the 4 without wasting time, I increase my overshield easily, although it seems too random sometimes ..
I managed once to have 2000 shield, but I do not have still not managed to do it again ..
In any case the overshield is very useful for defense when the armor of the 2 goes away, and we need time to reactivate.

Overall, the warframe is very good, and we see very well what he is intended to do.
But you may have made it available slightly too early.
But it could be intentional ..
After all, it's Rebecca's baby, isn't it ?
It would be more than logical that the warframe of the community manager receive a lot of influence from the community thanks to the feedback ^^

I return play with him, I love him so much and cannot wait the tweaks of all this little details xD

Edited by Azvalk
  • Like 1

^This^

If They still don't want to raise the cap or change that aspect of the ability. They should be able to have the enthralment transfer upon death to another, so that we still get 4 thralls even after their deaths until the duration for the first ability runs out.

Edited by ConsumerJTC

Been playing this frame non-stop but 3 of his abilities need some work cause they don't work well or flow either one.

1.Enthrall- Needs a higher cap cause 4 doesn't mean anything when allies just kill them before they can spread. Also the damage they do is poor against enemies. The pillars of energy that thralls leave after death its damage I would like to see it scale in a way to the thralls HP or enemy that walks over the Pillar(Example as a Level 150 Bombard's HP Enthralled=some % of damage outputted through the pillar). If changed to that way it would be amazing so you can pick out those stronger/threatening units to be like Trojan horses of hordes of enemies that come at you in missions. The range of the pillars I don't know if it needs a slight increase. Also the overshields you get when killing them through Danse Macabre is kind meh would like it to be alittle higher.

2.Mesmer Skin- This goes away tooooooo quickly when you fight hordes of enemies cause 1 bullet takes away a charge. The charges needs a certain amount of Damage done to it before a charge is depleted so I don't have to constantly cast this ability to keep me alive when I am doing his 4th ability or running & gunning. Also the cloud/fog effect around the player when you have cast this ability is annoying in dark rooms or areas cause I can't see past the fog/cloud I would like that removed or tuned down

3.Reave- This ability feels alittle too clunky and its cost to cast is not worth for such a small Shield/HP regen. Needs more Shield/HP regen when using this ability if the cost is gonna be that high for it.

4.Danse Macabre- This ability is amazing only thing I would like changed is the extremely fast decay of the extra damage buff you get when receiving damage while in this ability. 

Overall: This frame has some potential but its being held back alot cause these 3 abilities. Each ability needs alittle more synergy with each other in combat. His passive is ok?Yea, Could have something better? Yea but I think his passive is ok and can be left alone because it provides some CC when your being shot up but its barely recognized is some cases. Enthall needs higher cap with some damage scaling of some sort when they die and leave the pillars behind. Mesmer Skin needs HP for each charge so your not casting it all the time. Reave needs a lower cost if the Shield/HP regen is that low and movement is kinda clunky.  

This is how I think it went:
Dev - Nice, my vampire frame is almost done
Reb hears - Pft, lame! Why not Eidolon?
Everyone - omg yeah that's great!
Dev - Y-yeah, I agree (wtf do I do now?!?).

Every base thing for him needs a little increase. He's slow, costs a lot of energy, base stats are low and the synergy feels incredibly forced.
The only good thing? The shields. You know, that one squishy thing that hasn't been touched in ages that gets shredded and made nothing against toxin?
Seriously, you can have a frame like Inaros but with shields with 2hp and it'll still be bad if there's nothing to make it worth like making the regeneration faster. Harrow does a discrete job, yet it's not enough there either.

Back to the synergy, is he a vampire or an eidolon? Well, he's none to me. The only Eidolon trait he has is obviously his 4th ability: you store the damage you take and shove it back while also exploiting their weaknesses: armor- corrosive, shields- magnetic, health... gas, ok you're the boss (maybe viral would've been better though. Just my opinion).

He's through and through a vampire before the 4th ability (all about abduction), and this is where things gets wrong and interesting at the same time.
His 2nd: mesmer skin? Where's the mesmerization? I only see stuns. And what? Like 11 charges? As if that will ever work against a horde of enemies with automated weapons. And where's the Eidolon's trait here? Shouldn't a skin based on reducing what damage I'm about to take be more suited?
Doesn't matter. Maybe fuse this with his enthrall and it'll make more sense, especially for how tedious it is to activate.

His 3rd: still, this is more of a vampire thing, where's the Eidolon/Sentient trait? I mean, this ability is good with the ease of his 4th.

What about his 1st then? I just said it remove it, didn't I? Vamp, or Eidolon? If you want a vampire, you can still make it.

Dracula: a vampire, a rat, a bat, a mist and a wolf. Equinox: day and night, offensive and defensive.
You already did something like this and you can make it again.

As for his passive, idk. It's useless at best. Even Nova's feels more on point.

Edited by Asdryu

il y a 11 minutes, Asdryu a dit :

Forget the notion of vampire.
There was never any intention to make him a vampiric warframe.
The word vampire has been uttered only to speak of the notion of "curse" which serves as a pretext for its mental control.
It is in the lore, the eidolons are cursed to some fate, prisoner of a state that forces them to be nocturnal if I resume very roughly.
The life steal passive may have been misleading, and that may be why it has been changed.

All his powers have a relation with the eidolons, there is no doubt for me.
He only misses the spectral shape of the vombalyst that I would like to see happen in a rework of Reave.

Edited by Azvalk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

In my understanding Reb was the dev that concepted the original abilities after being shown the eidolon looking frame.

Imo they should have scrapped the entire vampire theme and go with a full eidolon inspired kit and save the vampire theme for a vampire frame.

But despite me and some people suggesting this, too many people liked the thrall theme and they decided to keep that in.

Edited by Madway7
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Azvalk said:

The word vampire has been uttered only to speak of the notion of "curse" which serves as a pretext for its mental control.
It is in the lore, the eidolons are cursed to some fate, prisoner of a state that forces them to be nocturnal if I resume very roughly.
The life steal passive may have been misleading, and that may be why it has been changed.

He only misses the spectral shape of the vombalyst that I would like to see happen in a rework of Reave.

He still pretty clearly has vampire undertones. Thralls are a mainstay of vampire lore, and his alternate helmet is called "Vania", very likely a reference to either Transylvania or Castlevania.

1 hour ago, Azvalk said:

The EIdolons were stated before as being "undead" parts of a Sentient that while allve of a sorts, the original Sentient's mind was annihilated by the Void Bomb Unum and Gara tricked it into swallowing into its core. The original Sentient however, still had a vulnerability in sunlight giving it a vampire weakness from the start as its invulnerable shield was not active during the sunlight and the Tenno controlling Gara could damage it during these times. This led to a game of cat and mouse, the Sentient that would become the Eidolons hiding during the day and Gara and the Unum trying to fend off its attacks and find its hiding hole during the night. The taste of Kuva (from Unum Temple Kuva instilled animals) and lure of gaining full control of the Unum tower (drinking blood) led it to its final confrontation. Vomvalyst also disappeared at night giving the impression of evil or vampiric spirits to the point where DE joked they weren't vampires so they wouldn't die when sunlight came, but rather hide  as an excuse for active ones no longer dropping cores on sun rise.

Giving Rebecca's love of Vampire stuff its possible she pushed for it to be a vampire frame tying with the existing Eidolons existing as a similar state. That said, given Plague Star, and several quests having an Eidolon warframe as we now do in Revenant shouldn't be possible.

this warframe makes me feel like there were far too many cooks in the kitchen.

passive is only useful for a recast on his 2 (and marginally so). should change the passive and make the 2 cast faster, or give it a recast, or iframes on the casting animation like rhino/nezha.

enthrallment needs some love. not being able to remove it means that putting 1 on a heavy gunner could result in 3 butchers being turned without any way to stop that. corrosive projection shouldnt remove armor from thralls. it feels lame to have to kill a thrall to benefit from the skill. im basically using it as a CC to ignore a nox or something, the flame pillar isnt fun to take advantage of, i would rather just be able to rely on the thralls to be useful.

suggestions: allow enthrallment to be removed - allow thralls to TEMPORARILY enthrall other enemies (which can then become a flame pillar on death), no more than once for each individual enemy - make enthrallment constantly deal damage so that the 4 thralls are constantly changing on their own kinda like saryn spores

these suggestions arent intended to be incorporated all at once, just some things i thought of that could work.

mesmer skin is actually broken, nearly an exploit if 4 revenants are in the same squad with viable builds. its possible to reach 10-15 stacks of armor without too much work, most of the time there wont be more than 40-50 enemies on a map at any given time. 4 revenants could get up to 60 stacks on mesmer skin, stunning the entire map between them constantly.

suggestions: reduce max number of stacks but allow the invulnerability from each stack to last a period of time while only stunning one enemy - allow to be recast - boost casting speed (its horribly slow)

reave is truly useless outside of its mobility. the damage does not ignore armor so far as i can tell, and even if it did the tooltip is ambiguous, not telling us the difference between buffed and unbuffed damage. health and shield are useless on this warframe since his 2 is the only good means of survival that he has. the armor is too low to build for hp and shield pointless as everyone knows (unless you have a blanket damage reduction). also this ability feels like it should be able travel vertically like void dash.

suggestions: allow this ability to work like void dash - allow it to keep the shield/hp damage, but instead of transferring those to the warframe give stacks of mesmer skin for each thrall it passes through - perhaps allow it to open enemies up to free enthrallments instead of stealing shield/hp - turn this into something that resembles ivara navigator in mechanics, with a different animation cuz the wall is kinda ugly

danse macabre - beams only seem to hit within a very small vertical range. shield drops are 100% pointless. taking damage to deal more damage is completely counter-intuitive to the purpose of mesmer skin, hes not tanky enough to effectively take hits and stay alive in his 4 without using his 2. dropping shields from thralls is a literal slap in the face.

suggestions: allow us to change the height of the beams attack to hit enemies above/below more easily - change the shield drops to mesmer skin stacks - change taking damage buffing his damage to something like dealing more damage against enemies stunned by mesmer skin

not trying to be super negative here but the kit is a mess overall and absolutely not fun. ironically enough the phantasma does just about everything that revenant does better and more easily.

Edited by FaydWF

1st Ability:Should stay the same. The only thing that needs changing is the limit on the number of enthralled. 4 is a good max for enthralled created by the ability, but there should be no cap for those created through other means. Though it would be nice if enthralled enemies don't have a duration.

2nd Ability: The charges when consumed, should give you 1 second of invuln during which enemies that attack you are mesmerized. The next charge will be used when the invuln is over and you are attacked again. Also, enemies that make contact with you during the invuln, and those that trigger a charge with melee are automatically enthralled.

3rd Ability: My main gripe with this is how clunky it is. IMO, you should be able to move in any direction (like a bullet jump) and the momentum should carry over. Also enemies hit should be mesmerized.

4th Ability: I don't think the overshield thing should be here. His 4 is op enough already, and his shield pool is massive. I think that sucessive 3rd ability casts should cost less energy. Also, the movement would make more sense if it was like Wukong's cloudwalker. Also, when he does more damage, he should also spin and/or move faster. I think energy costs should be increased for the enhanced mode, dmg nerfed for regular, and ranged nerfed for enhanced.