Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

from what i've seen, revenant is a decent frame, he is just needing/ wanting two tweeks as far as i can see:

--- make his one affected by power strength, having 4 as the base number of thralls

--- give his 3 synergy with his 2 by making every enemy that he goes through gives him 1 flat number restored to his mesmer skin

p.s maybe give more clarity to what his 3 does in the ability menu

Allow me to start off by saying, I love warframe, it's one of my favored games and even with my opinions on this frame thus far, I still do care for this game deeply and honestly I hope to see this guy improved to at least put him on par with some of the other frames. Anyway, so far my opinion of Revenant is less than impressed in most aspects:

Passive - In theory the passive is ok, an explosion whenever your shield breaks, a good gtfo sorta moment. Sadly the range on this is insignificant to the point where you basically need to have enemies literally pressing against you for it to be effective. I've seen it miss on even the grineer Scorches. Honestly I'd change the passive entirely, but, if the goal is to keep the abilities and tweak them, then increase its range.

Enthrall - Honestly I loved this ability in concept during the devstream, when it could infect a large number of grineer. Sadly with the cap of this ability simply won't work, especially with friendly fire on. A good 90% of the game is about nuking rooms of enemies as fast as you can, and while I understand being able to mind control an endless amount would make it far too strong, the minuscule cap of 4 makes it impossible to keep the ability running in any group, even solo it seems that I kill my own minions immediately. A larger cap cap would make it have a higher chance of a few surviving to reinfect more. Although even with this being the case, as it is now mechanically, one good AOE nuke and your entire group is gone. I'd recommend perhaps making the controlled grineer decently resistant to friendly fire from other players (While still taking normal damage from the caster and enemies perhaps? ) Some means of keeping them alive a bit longer so they can be useful. To boil it down on my thoughts on fixing it, Increase cap, perhaps a buff to keep them alive (aka more health, damage resist, or just less damage from caster's allies), and a dps increase to the units themselves would be nice even if only a small one. 

Mesmer Skin - Another good ability that when talked about in Dev stream, I liked alot until the mention of charges. Anytime defensive charges on abilities are mentioned the cap NEEDS to be high in this game, in any given game the hoard of enemies is constant and usually of decent size. While the stun is a good duration at 5 seconds, only able to have 6 at base and 12 with 200% power strength isn't going to cut it. Any sort of dot sets them off and if it is a projectile that was fired or some mean of being hit multiple times before or after the stun actually activates makes it so that multiple charges are lost for no reason, napalms basically negate this ability entirely. My opinion is significantly increase the charge cap to this, even if to balance the stun duration needs to be brought down some, as it is now it simply won't work. Alternatively, and my opinion the better option, would be that the 2 ability reflects damage and instead of stunning simply enthralls the target, only stunning when thrall cap is reached (which hopefully will be higher than 4). Or remove the charges all together and simply make it a smaller stun. Side note, the VFX of the smoke is somewhat annoying to try to fight with, I do hope it can be changed or toned back some. 

Reave - Like all the others, this ability sounded lovely on paper, but in implementation felt lacking. The casting time of this ability made it fairly hard to effectively aim at both my own controlled units and the enemies alike. That said, even with several mods to increase cast speed, the base cost of this ability felt too high, it felt more like it should only cost 50 energy at most. It's only minor synergy is if your 2 ability stunned someone for an extended period of time. The casting time needs to severely be dropped for this to be an effective way of self sustaining. Overall as an 'oh S#&$' ability or even and engagement ability there is just a large amount that needs to be worked on. I will add as a side note, I feel that the life steal should just be an effect that latches onto enemies and drains them for a few seconds, similar to how Inaro's first ability heals him per tick, although to a much larger degree with it being a smaller area than Inaro's pocket sand, and of course some form of synergy with the enthralled. Also VFX wise, I do have to agree with many others, the square cloud blanket feels like a place holder that is more jarring than anything remotely belonging.

Danse Macabre - Honestly one of the few solid abilities, this one I'll keep shorter since not too much to say against it. Love the damage, love the damage changing to match enemies weakness. That said, cast time entering and leaving feels far too vulnerable, especially with the 2 how it is, the bonus against your own Enthralled is useless since by the time the cast starts they're dead a good percent of the time(had this happen to me a decent number of times), and the drain does feel a bit too high, even when not using the enhanced LMB version.

Well I hope this helps in some manner, I tried to be as objective as I could while still holding to my opinion, wanting this to be constructive feed back and not simply bashing on a frame. As I said in the beginning, I looooove this in concept and during the dev stream it seemed like it had so much potential, I really do wanna see this meet that potential and love this frame as I love soooooo many others.

Edited by Xephier223
Accidental post, just finishing it up.
  • Like 1

idea for passive would be something like...

when shields reach 0 and health is damaged. Revenant will release 5 small homing projectiles (refer toTeralyst) that will seek out enemies. Those projectiles that hit enemies will restore a small % of Revenant's shield and health.

From what i seen from YouTube videos and streams,

His first ability needs a buff. 4 thralls is to little for what they're supposed to be used for, with 4 available they'll be wiped out by your team before you can siphon health off of them with his 3rd or generate overshields with the 4th. If it was buffed to 10 thralls or the number to be controlled scale with power strength can fix this.

3rd ability needs visual work, it looks an unfinished place holder texture. Instead of a wall of smoke it could be replace by Revenant dashing forward and turning ghostly like when a vomvalyst charges at you.

5 hours ago, NIkuno said:

the tooltip does say "wall of sentient energy", so maybe just change the effect to be more sentient-like?

I agree that it'd probably look fine if it was a wave/wall of spectral eidolon energy. The idea of a 'mist' form in particular feels like a holdover from Vlad that doesn't gel with his current identity.

@[DE]Pablo

More or less what i wanted to say about Revenant has already been highlighted but nonetheless here comes my 2 cents and a bit of tweaks

First of all EVERY power needs a substantial improvement regarding CASTING times , they're really quite long and not fluid at all

Passive ability is utterly unnoticeable, it needs AOE RANGE and stun/knockback recovery higher duration

Abilities :

1) The cap needs to be raised, first showcase had a cap of 20 while the final version only 4, let's find a middle ground there shall we ? I'd say 8 max cap.

DON'T and keyword is DO NOT, give any form of invulnerability, it's too much troll potential for exterminate missions, defense and what not

Enthralled units should appear on the minimap as blue dots , much like the friendly units we can summon, i just finished a round on Hydron and there was this genius who kept enthralling units and the wave didn't end altho no enemies were on the radar and some units were wandering in some dark corners and we had to lose time to hunt them damn, when  5 waves can be done quick and it drags long because of stuff like that.

2) The charges need the Healt Conversion mechanic with a twist, when taking damage a stack is consumed after 3 seconds, and consumed only if DMG to HEALTH occurs... Mesmer Skin should also grant STATUS IMMUNITY

Increase base charges / make it rescastable eventually

3) Needs the most overhaul, i'd quite change it, remove the dash, Revenant gets enveloped into sentient smoke and able to run/jump normally, passing through enemies will grant shield/health leech but he won't be able to use any weapons in this state, can either be a toggle duration or have a fixed duration.

Synergy with 4, while doing the Dance Macabre and the 3 is active, Revenant gets a 70% evasion bonus

4) Needs more verticality and tweaks as to where the lasers can hit the enemies around , while the 4 is active we should be able to recast Mesmer Skin

The hitbox is janky i could see some improvements there too

The damage area and range of action of the Pillars needs to be higher, at least 6/10 meters

As per the Phantasma, the secondary mode could use a way higher projectile flight speed and higher magazine capacity

Edited by arm4geddon-117
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Talinthis said:

Revenant 4 is actually my most hated ability in the game if you have one in your party that uses a bright color. Drives me up the wall with it constantly flashing all over the screen 

Have you seen white energy color vaubans spamming bastille? That thing is much worse.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

As per the Phantasma, the secondary mode could use a way higher projectile flight speed and higher magazine capacity

The charge time on secondary is directly affected by the magazine size. I tested by putting in all mag size mods and the secondary damage increased by a lot but the chargetime got much slower.

Drastically raise the cap for minions, and allow some way to manually propagate the effect, like by dashing through them with Reave; reliance on the AI is not enough. Until that happens, he's just a press-4-to-win machine.

Mesmer skin casts too slowly for how it functions.

As for his passive, I haven't noticed it once. Maybe tweak the VFX if there are any, and give it a range boost.

Here's a screenshot I took while using his 3. Is it supposed to be a badly textured flat plane  that blocks your entire vision while you're trying to travel? Or does that only happen on lower settings, if so why?  It's really impossible to hit enemies if you can't see. No other skill blocks your screen this much other than Atlas's wall. Because it's a wall. This thing even has perfectly square edges. It looked the same on the devstream even. I thought it was just placeholder but that's so lazy if it's not. (its purple pink cus my energy color, but it does that with even the default)BsrV9Wl.jpg

• Like 2

While I see a lot of suggestions to make his thralls more durable, that would probably lead to the same issues that people have with Nyx and her mind control. It would slow down missions that are wave based because you have to deal with the even more durable (or in Nyx's case the invincible until she realizes her Mind Control is on) minion. 

Why not make Enthrall a "curse" that resurrects an enemy after they are killed? He IS named Revenant after all so having his Enthrall bring spirits of slain enemies back would fit his name to a T. That way his thralls would be completely invincible to friendly fire, because they are allies and not simply "chaos/radiation/mind controlled" enemies, and can contribute to spreading the Enthrall "curse" around with their damage. This, too, would make him less intrusive on the team so everyone could nuke or go wild as freely as they want while Revenant is happy building up his horde of "redead" thralls!

Thank you for making Revenant a fair to farm Warframe, DE. :thumbup:
While the Neuroptics took me about 30 runs to get, the other parts dropped after a bounty run or two. All in all I was bounty-hunting for about 6 hours, fair enough to me.

16 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

that sure was a mistake in the description since the beams actually reach 55 meter - funny enough, range increasing mods seem to not increasing it any further (not that it would need no go more than that).

I notice it works the same as shotgun meaning there is falloff. If the enemies are within the radius as seen from our Abilities tab, then they will take the full damage and got killed faster than those enemies at or near the edge of the beams. Not sure bug or not but seems intended..

feedback on Revenant after playing with him for some time
passive: does it even work? no, really it doesnt stun enemies that are pretty close to you(was playing against infected and never saw any of them stunned from passive).

First skill: so what happened with the 20 cap? right now its like a worse nyx mind control and theres no indication if traps deal damage so hard to judge how useful they are, the 4 thralls cap is too low even 15 would be better.

Second skill: useless against large groups of enemies also blocks vision with the smoke effect, maybe make it something like rhinos skin? (i dont mean give it some health, well maybe it will work but what i mean is have a time frame where armor cant be destroyed like when you cast iron skin but make it after every destroyed stack)

Third skill: cast animation too slow and doesnt always work, also increase the duration just a tiny bit.

Fourth skill: too much energy burn even 10 energy per second is better also if the enemy is 2 steps higher than you it wont hit them.

4 skill's damage are not base on faction, but on health type the laser are actualy hit, corrosif for armored health, magnetic for shield bar, and gas/towin for flesh health

for greener, the 4 deal in first time corrosif damage/proc, and then gas when armor are remove from corrosif proc

English isn't my first language, if I make any mistake, sorry

1 hour ago, shissachan said:

While I see a lot of suggestions to make his thralls more durable, that would probably lead to the same issues that people have with Nyx and her mind control. It would slow down missions that are wave based because you have to deal with the even more durable (or in Nyx's case the invincible until she realizes her Mind Control is on) minion. 

Why not make Enthrall a "curse" that resurrects an enemy after they are killed? He IS named Revenant after all so having his Enthrall bring spirits of slain enemies back would fit his name to a T. That way his thralls would be completely invincible to friendly fire, because they are allies and not simply "chaos/radiation/mind controlled" enemies, and can contribute to spreading the Enthrall "curse" around with their damage. This, too, would make him less intrusive on the team so everyone could nuke or go wild as freely as they want while Revenant is happy building up his horde of "redead" thralls!

Then he'd just have Nekros' shadows...I'd rather just have enthrall spread much more aggressively, so that I can semi-reliably spawn new thralls even while reaping my existing ones with 4. Make enthralling new ones easier than killing existing thralls and you'll never have a reason to stop creating more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shissachan said:

Thats sound like a good idea, you enthrall an enemy, force it to become an ally and when it dies it turns into a zombie to serve you for the remaining duration and to enthrall more enemies,

I've noticed my damage is getting outpaced by the likes of saryn, exalted blade, even a couple of arca plasmor shots can kill quicker than my danse macabre - if anything its underpowered for it's energy cost especially since it rarely hits its intended target.

Edited by Droopsie
  • Like 3

Like Rhino's augment Iron Shrapnel, augment on Revenant's Mesmer Skin allows it to discard all remain charges by pressing the ability key, unleashing a radial stun for a half of initial stun time in a small radius (5-8m) + aditional 1m for each discarded charge.

• Like 1

Revenant, the new warframe, is on the verge of greatness, but he's lacking in a few departments.

Firstly, almost nobody ever uses Reave, so we should have a reason to use it. We almost never need it cause Mesmer Skin is just a straight up better survivability ability. The problem with Mesmer skin however is that it disappears really fast, since one charge is drained for every enemy that hits you.

- I propose that Reave should be able to restore Mesmer Skin charges per enemy that you dash through. this would make revenant more survivable and Reave actually have a purpose.

Secondly (this is maybe just me), the cap of 4 on the thralls is a little too low.

- My idea for this is either 1 of 2 things:

1. Increase the cap from 4 to 6, this doesn't seem like much, but it would help a lot.

2. Make the cap scale with power strength, like Mesmer Skin does.