Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Marcus

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

the 1 is just not practical at all, the energy plumes left behind that do damage don't matter, they don't last long enough to do any damage and even if there are things in the area you've long killed them with your weapon long before they have had a chance to do any damage.

The spread of enthral is kind of nice but limited to 4 is just not enough again to be practical, the fact they die so quickly and easily makes it even worse.

I'd rather see the energy plumes provide healing per second to shields/health/overshield by standing in them over doing damage because things are dead before they ever seem to walk into them.

2 is an interesting ability but again the time it takes to sit there and enthral 3 targets when I could have just killed them, is pointless if the energy fields don't actually do anything worth spawning them for, if it provided healing it would be a huge boon to have and be worth it.

3. I have yet to see it useful other then to move from one side of the title towards the other to try and progress your 4, but thats about it, I would have rather seen the 3 be more like the woukongs cloud then anything.

4. I think is just fine though I can see it having scaling issues in the end, the lack of invulnerability and damage taken makes it hard to use at higher levels, but perhaps with some better builds and some more forma's it may not be that bad, will have to play with it more, but so far I see this being another titania, where most people will play it for the 4 and nothing else.

Whenever mesmer skin is used the white smoke effect it has makes it nearly impossible to see especially when you're moving fast so could there be an option to change the color of the smoke or just straight up turn it off?

The only thing I've noticed so far is as follows:

1: Enthrall cap of 4 is way too low. I remember when Reb showed off the near final version on a Dev Stream where she had enthralled probably 8+ enemies. I know things are subject to change when shown off on the Dev Streams, but 4 isn't enough to really matter for CC

2: I've had an issue where if a Hyekka Master is enthralled, they can still spawn in Hyekka that are hostile and unable to be damaged until either the Hyekka Master is killed or Enthrall wears off.

3: I'm honestly not noticing the health/shield regen from Reave, I don't know if it's bugged, but even at max level, I barely get any health or shield back when going through 4+ enemies.

EDIT - 4: The fractions on the Mesmer Skin are probably a bug, but if not, it's hard to discern how many charges are left when it either shows "0" or has no charge counter but the icon is grey'd out.

EDIT2 - 5: With larger FOV, the "fog" effect on Reave looks bad. It makes it clear what it really is, a simple "fog" texture placed over the screen. Maybe move to a different effect? 

EDIT3 (Hopefully the last one) - 6: Placing him behind T2 Rep w/ Quills is frustrating, at least for me. My work schedule doesn't really permit me a lot of time to do Eidolon hunts to farm the required rep to reach T2, I've been farming Vomvalysts when possible and am only T1.5. I know this might be more of a personal issue than a community issue, but it basically forced me to buy with plat if I want to play with the new frame. Obviously this is a very minor issue, but I thought I'd voice my concerns over this.

Other than these, the 4 is great and the overshield from using your 4 on thralls is helpful.

Questions/Issues I have about Revenant

1. Why isn't the max amount of enemies u can enthrall not higher and not affected by power strength?

2. How come enemies stunned by Mesmer skin, not open to finishers?

3.Why is the distance of Reave affected by duration and not range and if its range is affected by duration y not make It so we have direct control over where we go upon cast?

4.Why is Reave not an instant cast like it is in his 4th?

5.Why does the counter on his 4th decay so fast? Better yet why does the counter decay at all?

6.How come the nullifiers can shoot through the Mesmer skin and kill you?

7.Why change the passive from the previous Devstream where it was lifesteal based off of current energy to the current version we have now? I ask this because if he had the lifesteal passive it would've synergized more with his 4th ability where he has to take dmg to deal more dmg. His current passive is just a better and more consistent version of Nova and Rhino.

These are the issues that I have with Revenant overall he is a decent frame, he is pretty fun to play with but he can be a bit better. His Mesmer skin is pretty good and his enthrall is a one-handed ability which is nice. 

Same opinions as most about 1: It's impractical. It feels like it's micromanagey as if you have too many thralls, nothing dies, ability resets, waste of time. Yet if you have none, then there is no point to the ability. It was good to make it so that you can kill them yourself to get the death effect, yet the death effect isn't that great, especially due to low range and duration.

2 is unbelievably annoying FX wise. The dust stuff is way too invasive, almost to the point where when jumping and stuff, its opaque, especially on the plains at night, which is where i'm playing Revenant currently. The ability itself is also kinda weird, requiring them to attack you to enthral them when you could just kill/enthral them in the first place. Could be changed to an auto enthral upon damage by enemy.

3 is the worst offender. From testing, it gives no over-shields (kinda renders the abilities shield potential as useless as its just worst Harrow condemn) but that may be a bug. The shielding it does give you doesn't occur 100% of the time as well. I've stood in front of enemies in the simulacrum, the enemies frozen, used the ability and its done nothing, both on full and depleted health/shields. The high cast time also makes it hard to use.

4 is same as what others on this thread have said, best ability but has small problems like scaling, damage taken during ability by enemies etc.

Overall, he feels jankey and underwhelming. His kit tries to synergise but fails as its just way more efficient just to straight up kill the enemies than to 1 and 2 ,then 3 ,then 4 (see Khora 2 + 1 combo, or Saryn 1 and 4 combo for efficient synergy compared to just killing enemies with your weapons).

I've got to give my feedback here about acquiring Revenant.

ok, so I get you're trying to make it hard to get, but the fact is that the rate at which you get the parts is turning people off from actually doing the bounties. I believe half of the people who did bounties regularly are actually protesting now because the addition of the parts now screws up the math for the drop chances. On top of that, there are some bugs that disable joining together as a team even if you have it set to online, which screws up with the flow. Another issue i've heard is that people don't want to try and do something similar to getting Gara pieces, in a way thats just harder and you're not even gauranteed to get the parts. its made about 100% of my friends I talk with regularly say its not worth it and to just buy it. Which I can't do because most of my platinum is reserved for weapon and frame slots.

If you want to make it a farm from plains, maybe have it so that Onkko sells the parts to you if you trade with him a certain number of Flawless Sentient cores. This way its actually hunting something that is REALLY connected to Revenant.

I get you're trying to make it hard to get, but this is a little too grind-y. At the most you should have all the parts as uncommon at MOST.

The (mini)quest should be included in the Codex. How's anyone going to figure out all steps by themselves? "Talk to Konzu" apparently means "just do bounties for the parts" and Konzu doesn't have any sort of dialog or marker. I honestly thought the quest was bugged until I looked it up. Kinda disappointing that new frames no longer come with a proper quest.

What I would like to see is the enthrall count scale with power strength, yes its a nice crowd control but the fact that they die to all of our weapons and abilities that are always going makes them VERY short lived despite having duration build, like 50 second duration is pointless because nothing lives practically more then a few seconds after being enthralled, especially with like saryn and volt and mag and other nuker frames.

I would also like to see the clouds from 1 provide healing while your standing in them, synergize with 3 in a way that if you use 3 through those clouds you get all of the healing over time done as a burst, so instead of standing in the cloud for 10 seconds to get 1000 health as an example you can burst through them and get 1000 instantly, at the cost of using the ability. That would add some nice synergy.

Or if healing isn't going to be allowed then use 3 to go through them and cause a wide aoe damage burst, but thats iffy because again if they died its because someone or some ability already killed him, and not likely to be any other enemies in the area who you are going to be able to take advantage of the clouds with. 

Maybe have those clouds move like the zephyr's funnel clouds?(Yes I mean with the augment).

3 I would literally like to see it more like woukong's as a channel where you can move it around and with that you could "suck in" the enthral beams of energy and do some synergy that way, it definitely feels out of place pushing this giant square wall in front of you though. I like the idea of it, just not the implementation.

4 I think should increase your armor or shields or something should regenerate you as your doing damage so that if your built right you can sustain longer, as of now against higher level enemies unless you have them cc'd some how you get dropped before you can get a chance to do your elite damage. The thing that does make 4 OP though is the banish from a limbo, because the beams work through the void, so being invulnerable through that makes it OP, especially since your damage type changes to the weakness of the enemy. I don't think 100% invulnerablilty should be a thing but it definetly needs something you can build up to be tankier, which maybe with the healing and the ability synergy described above working while 4 is going you could heal as you go as long as you can micro manage and cast those abilities(1+2) while using 4.

Revenant's 1st ability seems lackluster. Cap of enthralls are too low and easy to be killed. 

I would suggest changing the ability, perhaps making the enemies, that you enthralled, become sentient energy when they die similar to how Vombalysts turn into energy and can only be killed by operator amps. Ofc this gives the enthralls u chose invulnerability and only limited by the duration of the ability. It would be nice to increase the cap and perhaps this could introduce new enemies that can counter sentient energy from the other factions (aside from the lures on plains). 

2 seems okay and don't have a lot of problems with the performance other than the clouds covering the screen too much. This can should be decreased as it blocks visual.

3, I havent touched upon this too much but does seem really rigid in the animations. Not very smooth transitions and keeps the player trapped in one spot momentarily after the ability.

4, nothing much to say but that its strong, should scale with damage and give some dmg reduction while using the ability or invulnerability.

I guess this is a bug, but I am giving it as feedback here. Using the ability 4 seems to disable sprinting much like Mesa's 4 did before it got fixed.

As for the abilities, I played a bit more than 2 hours and I have some general idea how they work and what they do:

1) The first ability is kinda meh to me, especially at the highest level the enemies are not doing anything to each other as was stated earlier in this thread. If I could leave the enemies fight each other for few hours and come back, I don't think they would have been able to kill each other.

2) The second ability was confusing me when I saw 0 charges left and the ability was still grayed out and I could not recast it. What is this, a rounding bug?

3) The third ability was ok in my opinion, good range and all that, combined with fourth ability it felt pretty decent. Maybe the cast time should be reduced a bit?

4) The fourth ability, oh the fourth ability. This one is actually quite fun and effective, but at the same time it seems to cost a lot of energy. I was using 130% efficiency and 152% duration and it was draining energy quite fast. I am not particularly sure if the energy draing should be fine tuned at this time considering how effective the ability is.

The cast times of the abilities should probably be finetuned to be a bit faster.

Mesmer skin needs to be recastable and be affected by clouds and dots

He's way too squishy above level 70 enemies

33 minutes ago, runx0 said:

I guess this is a bug, but I am giving it as feedback here. Using the ability 4 seems to disable sprinting much like Mesa's 4 did before it got fixed.

As for the abilities, I played a bit more than 2 hours and I have some general idea how they work and what they do:

1) The first ability is kinda meh to me, especially at the highest level the enemies are not doing anything to each other as was stated earlier in this thread. If I could leave the enemies fight each other for few hours and come back, I don't think they would have been able to kill each other.

2) The second ability was confusing me when I saw 0 charges left and the ability was still grayed out and I could not recast it. What is this, a rounding bug?

3) The third ability was ok in my opinion, good range and all that, combined with fourth ability it felt pretty decent. Maybe the cast time should be reduced a bit?

4) The fourth ability, oh the fourth ability. This one is actually quite fun and effective, but at the same time it seems to cost a lot of energy. I was using 130% efficiency and 152% duration and it was draining energy quite fast. I am not particularly sure if the energy draing should be fine tuned at this time considering how effective the ability is.

The cast times of the abilities should probably be finetuned to be a bit faster.

Why would you be able to Sprint while spinning like a madman? Or does it disable sprinting after ending it?

4 enthralling is honestly a joke. Another bad warframe. Increase his 1 to 20 units and his 4 to half the current drain. 

He feels kinda sluggish especially with delays on something like reave. This is also my opinion but his thrall ability is extremely useless and a waste of a space, I don't even know where to begin on it. For one thing there's no use with it in public matches because allies wipe them off the map quickly, another is the delay on it, the pillar damage is low and the radius is awful, and don't even get me started on the max amount you can have.

Point blank, you guys effectively made a worse version of Nyx's chaos which to be honest with you I'm glad about because I was worried that Revenant would effectively replace her.

My suggestion on his 1

Could you guys just make his 1 an eidolon howl that summons 4 or more friendly vomvalysts that idk maybe help with crowd control by them reaving and give the bonuses to him or something? Or have some that fire and instead of focusing on damage they instead have a lot of stun, knockback, or status procs?

Literally his whole kit fits the eidolon theme except his thralling. Where did that even come from?

Im having trouble getting the Actual Blueprint because I did the mini quest where you go the white circle, touch the thing but because I am a man child who cant sit still I never saw or knew Reverent was supposed to spawn. I basically only truly heard "Go to Konzu" so I immediately left to Konzu but no BP. One Googling later and I think I may have soft locked myself ;-;

46 minutes ago, Helm said:

Mesmer skin needs to be recastable and be affected by clouds and dots

He's way too squishy above level 70 enemies

I think it needs a faster cast time as well. To me Mesmer Skin could end up being one of his best abilities if fine tuned. It doesn't last as long as tankier abilities like Iron Skin but when you consider everything that attacked you gets stunned and offers free 1 cast it ends up being decently tanky.

So far this frame is interesting, but I'm more curious  on the Frame's ability scaling. You hit the nail on the coffin with Nidus first ability scaling with his stacks. Looking at the numbers, if you put enough Ability Strength Mods, Revenant's 4th does a lot of damage and it was, from what I heard, refereed to Mesa's 4th in terms of damage output. But I don't see such scaling in damage, yet; 225 % ability Strength plus Growing Power. The Energy drain have me questioning his 4th because the amount of energy /s vs dmg. For Revenant's 4th ability channeling, 306% Duration will get you 4.08 Energy / s. 282% Duration & 130% Efficiency will give you Max 3.13 Energy / s. <-- if you took out Narrow Minded, you are stuck at 4.18 Energy / s. This will leave you with some wiggle room to add in damage mods and survivability. Fleeting Expertise wont work well because Duration > Efficiency, to a degree. Rage and Hunter Adrenaline wont work well with Revenant because of Mesmer Skin. So, the best thing to maintain Energy is to equip Rakta Ballistica or a weapon from Reputation that will give you 25% Energy off proc. Not going into depth with his Energy consumption vs Dmg output, but I would like to see how things go in terms of scaling. His 2nd could use more charges and the design needs to be better because it is hard to see the armor through armor. The effects a visible, but the actual armor isn't, so much. 11 charges @ 225% Strength will diminish rather quickly. Why not have Reave refresh say 4-6 charges when Mesmer Skin is active? I think this brings Synergy to his 2/3. 35 Energy spam along with 53 for Reave and 18 Plus 3.15 Energy per with 130% efficiency will hurt this Frame in the long run. I love the idea of his 1st ability and I don't think anything really needs changing. The thralled can be seen and they do their job effectively. Also, I think his energy should be maxed at 700+ not 500+.

Had a group of 4 thralls just turn and start shooting the excavator after no enemies were present. Can anyone else confirm?

vor 10 Minuten schrieb TheAlonedrifter:

Im having trouble getting the Actual Blueprint because I did the mini quest where you go the white circle, touch the thing but because I am a man child who cant sit still I never saw or knew Reverent was supposed to spawn. I basically only truly heard "Go to Konzu" so I immediately left to Konzu but no BP. One Googling later and I think I may have soft locked myself ;-;

I think there are multiple steps to the quest. After you have build one of the parts you get a new part of the quest when returning to the white circle. And after all three you get the bp. That's how I understood it at least. Can not confirm because after 3h farm I only just got one part. Good luck.

17 minutes ago, Terragis said:

He feels kinda sluggish especially with delays on something like reave. This is also my opinion but his thrall ability is extremely useless and a waste of a space, I don't even know where to begin on it. For one thing there's no use with it in public matches because allies wipe them off the map quickly, another is the delay on it, the pillar damage is low and the radius is awful, and don't even get me started on the max amount you can have.

Point blank, you guys effectively made a worse version of Nyx's chaos which to be honest with you I'm glad about because I was worried that Revenant would effectively replace her.

My suggestion on his 1

Could you guys just make his 1 an eidolon howl that summons 4 or more friendly vomvalysts that idk maybe help with crowd control by them reaving and give the bonuses to him or something? Or have some that fire and instead of focusing on damage they instead have a lot of stun, knockback, or status procs?

Literally his whole kit fits the eidolon theme except his thralling. Where did that even come from?

... thralls come from the revenant theme, and the quest even explains it. 

Now, as for the 1 and the cap... it's contagious, far as I can tell, and a form of CC. It also seems to boost their damage. 

2 minutes ago, Shpow said:

... thralls come from the revenant theme, and the quest even explains it. 

Now, as for the 1 and the cap... it's contagious, far as I can tell, and a form of CC. It also seems to boost their damage. 

It is contagious, but by the time I've casted it on something and let it spread, Its usually dead. I don't think it taunts either which would have been a better survivability for late game.