Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

On 2018-08-25 at 5:34 AM, SSI_Seraph said:

Really disappointed overall tbh:

Passive:

- The range is ridiculously low from what I've seen.

Enthrall:

- Why limit the ability to 4 thralls only? As if bumping nyx's mindcontrol from 1 to 4 would make it any better. 4 is not enough to draw enough aggro and just forget the idea of them helping you deal damage because enemy damage on enemies is bad ( void spines (unairu) is a great exemple of why you guys should forget that type of damage mechanic)

- The pillars base range is too low and the damage they deal is meh at best, could use some effect to make up for all their flaws.

- BUG: sometimes thralls just freeze in place as if they've been hit by the mesmer skin effect.

- BUG : delay on the spread even with 1 active thrall. 

Mesmer skin:

- This thing gets destroyed by dots. As soon as parasitic eximi are near you you basicly don't have a two.

- With how many enemies are thrown at us this ability ends up a lot weaker than what you'd think.

- Just give him status immunity when he has this on (even fits with the eidolon proprities) or a grace period between the charges comsumption.

- The cast time is too slow for how important this ability is for him and knowing that it's not recastable.

- Enemies stunned could use some indicator since the time to react and get a free cast of his 1 is kinda short and they're not that visible in a horde.

- The smoke effect can be really annoying.

- BUG: melees ignore your charges completly sometimes.

- BUG: the counter stays locked sometimes at 0 charges or no charges at all while the ability is still **in use** when you tap the button forcing you to take a real hit. to reset it.

- BUG: Please check how this ability interacts with enemies with explosives. It's really hit or miss (Try bombards if you need to reproduce the bug). 

Reave:

- The delay on this is gonna drive me crazy. They all reposition before you even fired the ability.

- The energy cost is a bit too high for it to be worth using as mouvement tbh and there are better ways to heal more efficiently (makes it hard justify that cost). What would make it potentially worth the energy is restoring mesmer skin charges when you go through thralls. 

- Could use better VFX.

Dance macabre:

- The energy consumption is just crazy when holding the LMB.

- This ability is a pain to use when there is any sort of verticality to the map.

- the reflect portion could use a multiplier because enemies EHP scaling >>> their damage scaling.

- please remove  or drasticly lower that counter decay. The fact that he'll will run out of energy/mesmer charges will force him out anyway and makes me question why it's even there.

- BUG: Doesn't seem to go through Mass vitrify.

Overall, he started as this CC afflicting minionmancer  warframe and ended up being kinda messy and not great (or even good) at anything. I hope he'll get some much needed buffs and changes.

On his 4: energy consumption is crazy eh? Is that why I can use the 4 for an entire 15 waves of Hydron without ever disabling it? Use efficiency mods dude. And yes, it does go through mass vitrify

3 - no delay - have had no issue using it effectively

His 2 is great, ok it could be better. 

His 1 - well I don't use it since everyone can kill the thralls. That definitely needs to be changed.

Il y a 3 heures, MrMysticalPotato a dit :

On his 4: energy consumption is crazy eh? Is that why I can use the 4 for an entire 15 waves of Hydron without ever disabling it? Use efficiency mods dude. And yes, it does go through mass vitrify

**when holding the LMB** 

and you can't possibly do that for 15 waves without disabling unless you have a double energize or are leveling him and getting back you whole energy bar each time on the amped form. (Even with max eff it's 6.25 energy per sec )

Plus the fact that max efficiency gimps your duration and takes two mod slots that he needs for natural talent to fix his clunky animations and p str for a decent number of charges. 

MV definitely blocks them. I tried it 3 times on 3 different missions. 

Edited by SSI_Seraph

1 hour ago, MrMysticalPotato said:

3 - no delay - have had no issue using it effectively

The cast time is fine with natural talent but NT shouldn't be mandatory. It's basically similar to tailwind or tidal surge, but those abilities have an instant startup, so there's no reason for the delay on Reave.

6 hours ago, NEUDRIVER101 said:

The reason I went ahead and mentioned how good Reave+Thrall is. Is because of it's potential cripple enemies at higher level where it's no longer easy to kill them. When you Reave through Enthralled enemies they lose a guaranteed 40% of their max health, this is very useful for when you need to take out heavier units at higher levels but wildly unnecessary at lower levels where your thralls will die to anything anyway.

Reaving enthralled enemies does way more damage than it needs to (considering it's not meant to be a dps ability) but heals much less reliably than it should. Really bizarre ability.

Edited by atejas
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Madway7 said:

This would create too many issues with trolling (defense missions taking longer, unable to get power cell, etc)

At best I can maybe agree to them getting a small amount of DR to ally fire and your dmg, but full invul seems bad.

I really like the rest of your suggestions though.

That's a good point..

6 hours ago, Ulex135 said:

Fleeting Allure. (MESMER SKIN AUGMENT)

Enemies hit with REAVE now regenerate stacks of Mesmer Skin. Up to the amount you started with when you cast the ability.

No, this is something that should be part of his base kit and should not require an augment. 

• Like 4

Really disappointed, I was expecting an army of thralls following me, and I'm stuck with 4 dudes, only his boring 4 is useful, the rest is eithr QoL or useless like his one.
Seriously DE, what did you do to him ???

You've turned saryn into a walking virus spreader with no limitations, and an absurd capability to kill every single ennemies in a room, but you can't let a a frame that turn ennemies into allies having more than 4 of them ??? Like WTF, they're not even immune to friendly fire, WHAT'S THE POINT HERE ??

Edited by Maryph

1- Casting animations are entirely too slow, making Revenant feel clunky.

2- Make the passive proc more often, either on every XX% of shields lost or even just XX points of shields, and/or make the knockdown wider ranged, or just give him actual Sentient damage adaptation that decays over time, seeing as he's a shield-based frame

3- Enthrall arguably worse than Nyx's Mind Control, because at least I don't have to worry about teammates, accidentally or otherwise, 1-shotting the targets I just spent time and possibly energy converting. Also, consider giving the damage pillars from slain thralls adaptive damage ala Danse Macabre, and/or giving them better AoE in exchange for damage falloff like explosives (enemies walking through them still take full damage, but enemies passing by won't be nearly as harmed)

4- Mesmer's proc count is way too low. If you need to revise this into something like "XX instead but heavy attacks take up to Y instances of Mesmer", do it.

5- Reave feels clunky and the range seems too short, like the worst parts of Slash Dash and Tidal Surge put together

6- Dance Macbre... I thought we were moving AWAY from Press4ToWin and SpinToWin?

• Like 1

Le 25/08/2018 à 22:53, seprent a dit :

AHH i see i understand now in my head i see as a mini chaos grab 4 thralls and over time a room  converts to your side and you free to refresh yourself from your lesser thrall supply or just grab a new enemy that walked in

and a way i think thought of limiting it if it does happen the 4 main thralls follow him around and only they can make new lesser thralls if space is available the lesser ones either die of out live the duration thinking it be base duration on them and lessers could be killed via normal means thralls could be killed now but your personal thralls cant be killed by ally fire here ill kinda list what i was thinking since ^ is kinda hard to make sense of even to me and i wrote it

• Revenant can now cast enthrall to replace the oldest member of his thralls
  • main thralls can now make lesser versions of themselves via attacking enemies (using base duration of enthrall)
  • lesser thralls can be promoted to main thralls via casting enthrall on them killing the oldest main thrall (maybe for a reduced cost)
  • lesser thralls are capped at 20-15 and move around at random like normal units 
  • main thralls will maintain a constant vigil over their master following him closely (will teleport if they cant catch up in time)

This is actually quite a nice idea to balance his one (Which was the base idea of the frame, having an army, not a "press 4 and AFK" type frame)

I hope he gets at least some attentions like Khora had, she got 2 batches of QoL, "tweaks" and bug fixes and from being utterly garbage after awhile i started to enjoy her ( her 3 needs a significant overhaul AI wise but who knows maybe with the pets rework....)

The lasers needs to do either HEAT or Corrosive dmg to ANCIENTS because gas is totally S#&$ with them around vs infested

sinergies wise he's very lackluster too, no comment on the passive, the range is abysmal it needs tripled at least, as for the rest there's 23 pages of suggestions and feedback so i won't repeat what's been said dozen of times in the other thread lol

Enthrall ability should have 6 enemy limit(at least). Mesmer Skin ability may have interval between charges. I think reave should leech energy from enemies. 4 not bad but can be fixed or altered. Maybe 4th abilty needs to be a short duration high power laser ability in all directions. Enemies those survive from the 4th ability according to their remaining health can be enthralled or can be a energy pool for a short duration.

Is it normal for his 4 to not go through ability walls like Gara's glass ring? (from the inside aiming out)

I'd rather have health orbs instead of overshields but I guess it's meant for his passive. It would be nice to speed up the process a bit; like allowing the use of 1 while channeling.

The cap on Enthralled makes it awkward to control when one scurries off and gets lost.

He needs a Pillar Man deluxe skin from Jojo.

I also kinda wish he just swung his arms to blast things like the Eidolons do or something more realistic than just spinning in a weird pose. Make him feel more like he's actually fighting/casting and not just twirling like a ballerina.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

5 hours ago, Maryph said:

This is actually quite a nice idea to balance his one (Which was the base idea of the frame, having an army, not a "press 4 and AFK" type frame)

thank you  just a thought i had during a survival mission after playing with his 1 it gives him still his 4 thralls and they follow him around while he has a small army of fanatic fighters kinda fits the sentient turning stuff against their owners 

Mesmer Skin

I had an idea to make it more generally viable:

Whenever a charge is lost, the damage immunity could last a brief moment (say, 1 second) before a new charge can be depleted again. This would make it not so useless against rapidfire enemies, but still superior against hardhitting ones.