Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

Il y a 4 heures, MrMysticalPotato a dit :

Holding LMB why? what? I didn't even know that there was a 2nd effect when holding LMB. I just hit 4 and spin and everything dies.

Also, you do not need duration on this frame at all. Unless you care about thralls, which die anyway as your teammates will kill them.

It gives more damage and status chance (the important part) but consumes 25 energy per sec which you need to kill anything thats not hydron level that any decent frame can deal with anyway and should never be an indicator of a frame's power. Hydron = trash that should be instacleared anyway, they barely have any armor. 

And this frame needs duration since the stun on mesmer skin is based off duration. If you gimp your duration you're just gonna lose all your charges to the same enemy when your stun stays at 3sec only. 

The duration of reave (so the distance you can cover is also only affected by duration from what I've seen).

Edited by SSI_Seraph

7 hours ago, Sesaline said:

I own Khora and I know what you mean. She could use a number of improvements still.

Rev really isn't bad. I didn't say he is bad. I said he is dumb. His kit looks nice on paper but when I'm in a mission with one I just feel bad for him. Like I need to make sure I don't accidentally one-tap his thralls or kill stuff around him while he is spinning so he can have some semblance of being useful. But if the Rev is using 4 and not moving around at all then I don't share that same courtesy because obviously that player doesn't care how the mission is completed. 

I don't mind an active Rev. People can play him however they want. The game sets the boundaries, not random players you matchmake with.

His kit looks nice on paper... You're not wrong. 

His 4 needs to be brought up to Mesa lvl, or... Rev needs to be immortal/indestructiblel while in the spin (Danse Macabre)

Or both.

DE really need to sort out what game warframe is.

Is it a power fantasy game?

Is it a shooter with limited powers?

So after playing a bit with Revenant and reading people here. Here's my opinion :

Passive Is it even working ? I never noticed anything when my shield depleted. But even if it worked, it's still pointless. Even worse, this passive doesn't fit revenant power kit at all, since his gameplay revolve around keeping your shields up.

I would suggest that instead, when Revenant shields gets depleted he take a "ghost form" for a few second. The ghost form would be like vomvalyst after their shell is destroyed. In this form Revenant will be immune to all damage except sentients attack. The passive would require to fully replenish the shield before triggering again. 

Enthrall As many have said, 4 thrall just isn't enough. Not only can they be killed very easily, it can also be hard to spot them in the mass of ennemies. I think 8 to 10 thrall would be ideal, more would be too powerful.

Now i see a lot of people missing the way this skilled is supposed to be played. Thrall aren't supposed to be damage dealer, they're supposed to be disposable meatshield. You keep them alive to take enemy fire than you kill them for the light pillar and damage. And while one pillar may seems weak, you can stack lots of pillar in small area to do more damage.  

Mesmer Skin : This skill is actually fine. 

I see a lot of people asking a grace period or the skill to be recastable. But they forget one important thing, Mesmer Skin completely negate the damage, it makes you invulnerable. So being able have it permanently or for too long would create another Wukong problem. If you have problems with rapid fire ennemies, just put more range on your build and the enemy will be stunned on his first shot.        

Reave This skill has two problems.

The first problem is tied to enthrall. It's hard to really hit your thrall with reave because with only 4 thrall, they can be spread out everywhere, or simply die before you even have the chance to reave through them. Having more thrall would make reave more useful. 

The second problem is the same as Zephyr's tailwind. With high duration, you can get stuck against an obstacle and have to wait till the end of the skill to move. For this skill i think the best solution would be to be able to stop the reave by activating it again. This way you would be able to control how far you go.

Danse Macabre This skill is, in my opinion, too powerful. His main strength is its range. Up to more than 60m is insane. The range should be reduced, otherwise, Revenant will become the brand new nuke frame press 4 to win.

The other problem is the animation. It just... doesn't fit revenant at all. heck, i would argue it doesn't fit warframe at all.           

Ran first into Revenant yesterday evening, defense mission on Jupiter / Io for 30 waves.

Revenant used to spin for around 18 consecutive waves with 50 to 60 meters range of destructing EVERYTHING. And people used to complain about Ember. Ability is kinda harsh on the eyes as well, even if that was only light blue color, with something even more flashy it could seriously hurt the eyes of more photosensitive people.

I would strongly suggest a rework of his 4, either with something more in line with the sentients on Lua (spinning disco light) or like the Eidolon skylight beams that split up and seek out enemies, then explode in a set radius.

About Enthrall - I suggest you add vomvalysts to Mesmer Skin that heal your shield and take top priority aggro and turn Enthrall into something else entirely. Perhaps the mag proc scream or ground slam earthquake the eidolons all do?

About Mesmer Skin - You go through charges very fast against fast shooting enemies, forcing me to recast the ability very often. It also forces my attention to the ability bar constantly to check my charges. This intensifies micromanagement of this ability beyond what you would want from a defense buff. Why have Revenant summon some vomvalysts floating around him tether to him with blue beams, with health that take top priority aggro, they heal your shield (and health?) while they are up. With every vomvalyst that dies a quarter of the regen drops.

About Reave - I like this ability. But please fix the visuals. Perhaps make it look more similar to a Vomvalyst's dash?.

About Danse Macabre - This ability stimulates "press 4 and AFK"-play. Please make it cost more energy when you are stationary and less when you are on the move. The spinning also looks ridiculous. 

Also, whenever Radius is mentioned in warframe ability descriptions, the center of the radius is the frame. In the case of Danse Macabre, the center of the radius is the beam. This is unclear and ambiguous. It is also unclear how the thickness of the beam affects the ability. I've used the ability with both 190 range and 34 range. I did the exact same amount of damage over the exact amount of time at the exact same distance.

General playstyle. When I play Revenant I feel no incentive to cast Mesmer Skin or Enthrall. I just gather energy, turn on Danse Macabre. Sometimes I cast Reave.

Edited by Yggdrazzil

1 hour ago, StabbyTentacles said:

DE really need to sort out what game warframe is.

Is it a power fantasy game?

Is it a shooter with limited powers?

You can have both. Case in point: the Borderlands series. That game is definitely a power fantasy (and is a damn good one at that) and yet the actual ability use is limited. The Commando's turret may last through a fight, but if it gets destroyed or it runs out then you're without a turret for a whole minute. The Mechromancer's Deathtrap can last a really long time in combat if set up right, but again if it's killed or the duration runs out, you're without a murder bot for a whole two minutes. While others are on shorter cooldowns, such as the Siren's Phaselock being 13 seconds. Yet the game will have you go through entire enemy bases clearing them out guns blazing, and if you happen to run out of health, just kill someone and you're back in the action. Who needs cover when you have murder?

But here's the kicker: the entire game was built around that level of power, and everything is well tuned (more or less) to be cannon fodder for the players while still posing a challenge. Warframe doesn't have that luxury. It's not built around any fixed level of power, which is an issue because what ends up happening is that power level shifts wildly (usually in a positive direction) and then content is made around that, usually resulting in bringing the power level even higher, and thus enters the loop. Sometimes things are brought back in line, but the fundamental issue still exists: there is no foundation. To solidify the game in one way or another would be to drastically change every single aspect of the game, to the point where it may not even be recognisable as Warframe anymore.

If you look at early gameplay of Warframe, you can clearly see it is a very different game: enemies don't horde as much, energy is more scarce (resulting in fewer abilities cast), much lower levels (level 100 was unheard of, let alone level 60), lower player power etc. Now while this is great, because it means the DEvs are definitely trying new things and experimenting with their game, and a lot of things have improved for the better (shudders at the thought of Nervos), it also points back to that lack of foundation. The only real foundation that's left is "you have cool powers and you shoot stuff" which... isn't much. While I can see that DE are trying to make a power fantasy (and in a lot of respects they've done well) I fear that they may end up creating a god fantasy (for lack of better term), and I'd even argue that's already the case. It is entirely possible to create gear that makes enemies literally unable to do anything to pose a threat; your favourite pet would be more of a threat than the enemies are to your Warframe, and at that point it's not a power fantasy anymore, it's something else entirely.

So of course when you have a frame like Revenant, who's both trying to appeal to those who want just a standard power fantasy and those who want a god fantasy, it's easy to see how it falls flat in both of those areas. Which is why DE need to settle on a fantasy: power fantasy? Or god fantasy?

• Like 1

Enthralled enemies should be put on an indefinite health decay system like Nekros' 4, not a forced countdown timer where the mind control fizzles away once the timer hits 0. Moreso since the minion cap is so tiny.

A health drain mechanic emphasizes expendability of the minions, and should encourage more of their deaths to create hazards on the battlefield.

Revenant is probably one of the most underwhelming and disappointing frame released recently. There is nothing about this frame that is "Eidolon" themed, it's nothing but a copy pasted lazy frame.

The moment you guys decided that the ensnaring/vampire ideas weren't good enough for him, you should've immedietly put them somewhere else for a new frame and go back to the drawing board for Revenant, which you probably didn't.

Revenant's design is boring and uninspired. For something Eidolon/Sentient based, he has nothing linked to them aside color scheme I guess. The most striking element of Sentients and Eidolons is their design, having this uncanny valley mix of organic life and mechanical efficiency. Revenant reflects none of that : he has the most basic body build of the game with the likes of Excalibur, Nidus and Limbo, and aside from basically a missing chunk on his back, he is basic with random energy on his body. You couldn't even make his tendril-covered arm invisible to give the idea his arm is the tendrils, no, but Nidus Deluxe has extra bone arms covered in energy somehow.

Ability wise, he has nothing unique to him and all of his powers are lifted from other frames and while it's fine that some frames have similar abilities, he has NOTHING for himself :

• Passive is a joke passed level 70, it just knocks down enemy but at higher level, you'll be dead before it even procs. Sounds like someone needs shield gating, don't they ?
  • His 1 is "#*!% Nyx" for being basically what Nyx has been waiting for since forever in her hypothetical rework.
  • His 2 is Rhino's Iron Skin but instead of just giving a million health, he just makes him stun everyone for a while as well as "buffing" other moves (like no energy used for 1 if casted on an stunned enemy).
  • His 3 is Hydroid's Tidal Wave but with a gimmick that only fully works against one faction. Passing through enemies steal a small percentage (big percentage if enthralled) from their health and shield. Except if the enemy has no shield, you get nothing either. This means half of the ability doesn't work on anything that isn't corpus and that's #*!%ing moronic, coupled with his useless passive. Supposedly it's like a Vomvalyst but if you consider one a threat as a Sentient, I'm sorry you're so free my dude.
  • His 4 is the only good thing about Revenant (if you ignore the fact the animation is just an edited Inaros Sand Tornado). It does quite the damage and the idea of adapting the damage to every single enemy and redirects any damage to them is good, it's like the only Sentient thing he has (aside from the Vomvalyst dash).

Khora was considered disappointing by most people because she wasn't strong and that's not really a good criticism, I've been playing Oberon a lot for 2 years before he got reworked. But Revenant ? The name may as well refer to how he's just the ghost of the lost potential he had.

One of my friend that also was disappointed with the design and ability choice and here's what he would change in his opinion with reworking the frame as whole :

Citation

1- Revenant fires a laser skywards and small energy missiles seek enemies. They do decent damage and regen shields for revenant on hit.
2- Mesmer Skin, but instead of just charges, each charge consumed gives 0.5 of invulnerability. At least so it doesnt get ultra murdered by multihits.
3- Stomp Knockdown if done still, similar to Rhino Stomp. If done while moving, Vomvalist dash (same as what he has now)
4- The same, maybe move the stomp to the long ass cast animation of his mesmer skin

Honestly, in my opinion, you should've never release him like that. I can't really ask for remaking him now since he got released but I'm already asking for a rework to make him more like an Eidolon than a copy pasted lazy work.

And Rebecca, love you girl but don't #*!%ing mess up my Vampire Frame if you ever make it, I'm watching you now. Hopefully Garuda doesn't suffer the same fate.

Edited by ChipsLight
  • Like 5

Just played a bit of Revenant, here are my considerations: (note that this is my humble opinion)

1) (beside the HUGE dropdown of the devstream with 200 enemies working for me which are actually four) anything i target and controll usually dies with my next melee attack. Make them invulnerable to at least my own attacks (or just rework the ability)

2) feels clunky. often i have 0 charges left but i can't recast anyway, so i can't say if it's bugged or what. Doesn't feel like a good ability anyway

3) so slow i never even bother using it

4) a nice example of the good old "press 4 kill everything and go afk!" (while looking like a joke doing it).I thought we were over with this kind of gameplay (can we call it gameplay) but apparently i was wrong

To conclude: the point of the kit is to force (which is wrong) a synergy with thralls and the other abilities, but how thralls work makes it impossible to combo. rework 1, polish 2 (more uses/recast) greatly rework 3/remove it, 4 i don't know, it's just bad gameplay

• Like 1

(Could have sworn I posted this here)

Enthralled enemies should be have an indefinite health decay much like Nekros' 4, not a countdown timer where the mind control fizzles away once it hits 0. Moreso since the minion cap is so tiny.

A health drain mechanic emphasizes expendability of the minions, and should encourage more of their deaths to create hazards on the battlefield.

Additionally, for such a powerful beam that adapts around damage resistances why can't it destroy containers as well while at it?

Slow cast speeds for 1 2 and 3, 3 does piddling damage to uncontrolled enemies. Synergies feel less fun and more forced to chain. Revenant really could stand to have a gigantic buff overall. I still wish he was themed after the destructive power of an Eidolon, not what feels like a forcibly tacked-on ghost/vampire schtick.

13 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Revenant really could stand to have a gigantic buff overall. 

Well today is usually when they do hotfixes, have to wait and see what they do. (Unless it's going to take longer because they are understaffed atm)

14 minutes ago, RS219 said:

I still wish he was themed after the destructive power of an Eidolon, not what feels like a forcibly tacked-on ghost/vampire schtick.

Same

I want to like this guy, but I cant, not in his current state. I think this is another example of DE not knowing what roll they want this frame to perfrom. He is a walking CC slaughterhouse, or at least, he could have the potential to be.

His 4th needs a multiplier for the refelected damage, in order to keep up with the ever widening gap betwwen enemy strength and armour/health at high levels. Increasing the vertical plain would be good too, cos then he wouldnt be useless when going up hills. Notable hills include the Orokin ramp/river tileset, Kuva Fortress tilesets, and the entire Plains of Eidolon. 

His 3rd need to siphon of shileds from unshielded enemies too, or its useless on Grineer enemies with his low health pool, and tricky to use anyway on Corpus/Corrupted enemies with all those pesky Nullifiers. Right now I use Void dash for the energy and the knockdown, meaning that my Operator has more utility in a basic ability than a sentient-enhanced super soldier. 

His 2nd needs to scale better with the energy investment. Ive had enough of the 'press 2 or 3 for a shield' buff you guys are fond of, and im happy to see a new variation of it, even if it is a ripoff of a pre-existing archwing power, which, incidentally, can also be cast on other players.. (Cough, AMESHA)...(COUGH)...(HINT, HINT COUGH). A comparibly similar ability would also be Nova's 1st, but that is cheaper, has a quicker cast animation, and does damage. If afflicted enemies also counted as sleeping for the purposes of finishers, that would be ace too. 

His 1st.... remove the cap. triple the cap. do somting with the cap. It has 'Horde' in the name, not '4'. He wont be a cheap Nekros if you do, they dont recieve bufs like SotD, and enemy-on-enemy damage needs a second-look anyway from you guys. Me and the rest of this awsome community know they're going to be nothing more than cannon fodder. We werent expecting an unstoppable army, but we were expecting MORE. We were expecting what we saw on the devstream. swap his 2nd and 1st around if you like, to rationalise the boost in power.

Please PLEASE, dont leave him as he is now. 

Please for the love of god remove his BP from the loot table in bounties for so long as you own the frame (this should be the same for gara). It was hard enough to farm the stuff you actually did want from bounties and now you are giving us even more useless junk to sift through in the tedious grind to actually get what we want. Bounties are not that fun that I wanna spend 3 hrs trying to get one item and end up with hundreds of blueprint duplicates.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, chofranc said:

Though you can still move while using Revenant 4, is just like the old WoF, you can go AFK if you want and let it farming while you do other things.

Expect the punchthrought is not infinite and enemies will massacre you because unlike wof there is no CC or anything in the skill what defends you.

6 hours ago, GeoffFromAccounting said:

You can have both. Case in point: the Borderlands series. That game is definitely a power fantasy (and is a damn good one at that) and yet the actual ability use is limited. The Commando's turret may last through a fight, but if it gets destroyed or it runs out then you're without a turret for a whole minute. The Mechromancer's Deathtrap can last a really long time in combat if set up right, but again if it's killed or the duration runs out, you're without a murder bot for a whole two minutes. While others are on shorter cooldowns, such as the Siren's Phaselock being 13 seconds. Yet the game will have you go through entire enemy bases clearing them out guns blazing, and if you happen to run out of health, just kill someone and you're back in the action. Who needs cover when you have murder?

But here's the kicker: the entire game was built around that level of power, and everything is well tuned (more or less) to be cannon fodder for the players while still posing a challenge. Warframe doesn't have that luxury. It's not built around any fixed level of power, which is an issue because what ends up happening is that power level shifts wildly (usually in a positive direction) and then content is made around that, usually resulting in bringing the power level even higher, and thus enters the loop. Sometimes things are brought back in line, but the fundamental issue still exists: there is no foundation. To solidify the game in one way or another would be to drastically change every single aspect of the game, to the point where it may not even be recognisable as Warframe anymore.

If you look at early gameplay of Warframe, you can clearly see it is a very different game: enemies don't horde as much, energy is more scarce (resulting in fewer abilities cast), much lower levels (level 100 was unheard of, let alone level 60), lower player power etc. Now while this is great, because it means the DEvs are definitely trying new things and experimenting with their game, and a lot of things have improved for the better (shudders at the thought of Nervos), it also points back to that lack of foundation. The only real foundation that's left is "you have cool powers and you shoot stuff" which... isn't much. While I can see that DE are trying to make a power fantasy (and in a lot of respects they've done well) I fear that they may end up creating a god fantasy (for lack of better term), and I'd even argue that's already the case. It is entirely possible to create gear that makes enemies literally unable to do anything to pose a threat; your favourite pet would be more of a threat than the enemies are to your Warframe, and at that point it's not a power fantasy anymore, it's something else entirely.

Well thats it, our game is built around power progression but there is no top line for that for an obvious reason.

On 2018-08-28 at 9:00 AM, Volinus7 said:

To take advantage of players' compulsion. 

Warframe monetizes power progression and grinding speed after all. 

Warframe is a casul game, it makes shallow simplified stuffs look convoluted to create illusion of complexity, meta cheeses and mandatory stuffs are the testaments of illusions of choices also. 

Don't expect DE to do 108 phase Asian level boss that requires a space program team with IQ120+ to solve differential equations while fighting. Or new gear balance system that requires calculus skills to optimize in 3D diagram. 

Warframe power progressions never fit together and never fit in difficulties? That's because the point of Warframe is incremental clicking(to create dependence on power progression), if it doesn't pick your attention, it's basically pointless. 

This is from another discussion but hits the nail on the head as why we dont have a cap point. IF we would have a top level and a top amount of damage the game would become extremely stale because as soon as we would get a weapon what reaches that top we would stop using anything else as it would be pointless.

Without having an endgame or cap warframe can thrive on the collectors who are encouraged to try everything and min-maxers who can try to see if the new weapons push the limits further.

Il y a 2 heures, Khaylis a dit :

Please for the love of god remove his BP from the loot table in bounties for so long as you own the frame (this should be the same for gara). It was hard enough to farm the stuff you actually did want from bounties and now you are giving us even more useless junk to sift through in the tedious grind to actually get what we want. Bounties are not that fun that I wanna spend 3 hrs trying to get one item and end up with hundreds of blueprint duplicates.

His BP is not on bounties, you need to craft two parts, then return to the plains at night with the mask equipped, and continue the quest

Seeing as most are saying hes a bad frame and doesn't rly fit the whole eidolon theme here is my idea for him that wont need a lot of changes.

p. i could care what it actually is, there are worse that need more love

1. his first ability is just bad, using it at all is mostly just a waste of energy. Having only 4 thralls is just not enough, maybe bump it up to 8? The other idea would be that it would spread a lot more BUT only 4 would be active at a time, one dies and it jumps to another marked. Or just make that you send out drones and they auto possess the enemy.

2. first, change the animation, he could grab his shoulder or something like that not push air out of his way. Give a period where the stacks decay or make them they regenerate over time not taking damage. Make the tentacles also larger or wrap around your frame, i usually don't even notice they are gone until its to late.

3. no, just no. the animations needs to go away, the casting animation takes waaaaay to long, make it like your Operator ctrl+space, a good jumping ability, could also help you jump around when you are spinning with your 4,and reduce the cost upfront or at least when you are in 4.

4. i don't rly have a lot to say about it, the animation might be a bit strange but i understand its cuz hes not a full eidolon but more of a 50/50. maybe also make that every enemy has a chance to drop over shields and its increased for your thralls. when holding the mouse button maybe change it from simply doing more damage and having more cost/s to a concentrated beam you can somewhat aim.

overall: hes meh at best, seems fun when you start playing with him but becomes a one trick to fast for my liking, probably needs some more drastic changes like a rework for his 1 and maybe 3, he doesn't feel like a eidolon frame but more of a damage dealing Rhino. Maybe keep the something for a REAL vampire frame that has a focus on stealing hp/shields/armor and the thralls are just "snacks" for when he needs it.

• Like 1

I read this somewhere and the 1 would be AMAZING if it turned affected targets into ghosts. Like what happens to vombulysts.

Enthrall, target is afflicted and curses others, target dies and for rest of duration they are a ghost that can be void-shot to cause an explosion or something.

Gotta think out of the box with this guy!

Mesmer skin would also be very interesting if it gave a shield that worked like the sentients adaptive armor instead of a 'negate all damage' button.

I'm fairly sure this would probably have been brought up already but just wanted to emphasize for myself: I'd appreciate a way to manually end/refresh thralls. More than a few times I've been on a survival mission, thralls aren't able to keep up and I'm unable to create new thralls from the enemies around me. A long press of the power button to end control of current enemies so that I can start recasting again would be most welcome and appreciated.

Also, Mesmer Skin is very visually distracting IMO. I've experimented with every color I have, and darkest black seems the most inoffensive way of minimizing the distracting "cloud" effect". Can it be tweaked to take up less screen area? Maybe focus it closer to the ground instead of Revenent's full body?

Edited by DaftMeat

Here are my suggestions.

Mesmer Skin

Upon running out of charges, Mesmer Skin has a 2-second invulnerability period, modded by ability duration, where it continues to protect from damage but without stun.

Danse Macabre + Enthrall

Let's look at this honestly - 50 overshields is nothing. Shields in general significantly lack value compared to health+armour and no teammate is ever going to appreciate picking up 50 overshields. Plus, with the current thrall cap of 4, the most you can get on the field at once is 200 shields restored. This might have had value in content up to level 10, but just the parts you need for Revenant are honestly demanding far more of you than that.

Option 1) Rather than dropping Overshield Pickups when Thralls are killed by Danse Macabre, Thralls should drop Mesmer Skin Overcharges, that are consumed upon casting Mesmer Skin and add additional charges equal to the number of Overcharges collected. As many can be collected as the current Mesmer Skin cap, potentially allowing for up to double as many charges, although that's admittedly unlikely.

Option 2) Rather than Overcharges, Thralls drop Undercharges - up to half the Mesmer Skin cap (2 of 4, 6 if 12) of additional Mesmer Skin charges that shore up Revenant's defences when Mesmer Skin runs out. Mesmer Skin can be cast while running on Undercharges.

Enthrall

Thrall cap raised with Power Strength.

Reave

When cast during Danse Macabre, energy cost reduced by 50%. The ability is overpriced as it is for a glorified Rhino Charge with a little bit of health leech, which you could get better from weapons in most cases. Having it remain at full cost during one of the most expensive channeled abilities in the game is honestly a bit much. I would even go as far as to suggest that its base energy cost be dropped to 50.

Edited by Ardhanarishvara
  • Like 3

Kinda feel like he is not a Sentient at all, change him so he can be more like a sentient.

New Passive: Imunity to Status Procs (all sentient's are imune to status procs)

Entrall: (No longers enthrall's enemies) NEW: Summons a ''Vonvalist'' that regenerate shields. Up to 4 ''Vonvalists'' can be summoned. 1 ''Vonvalist''/cast. (forced shield regeneration). Does NOT grant overshields. ''Vonvalists'' can be killed by enemies (aka don't turn into ghost after destroying his ''shell'').

Edit: Duration of ''Vonvalists'' not affected by Power Duration (They will last until killed).

Edit 2: ''Vonvalists'' hover near you similar to Sentinels (Never forget that Sentinels are sentients!)

Edit 3: Shield Regeneration similar to arcane aegis. (1 ''Vonvalist'' = 15 shields/s. 2 ''Vonvalists'' = 30 shields/s. 3 ''Vonvalists'' = 45 shields/s. 4 ''Vonvalists'' = 60 shields/s.)

Mesmer Skin: (No longer acts as Amesha's Watchful Swarm) NEW: Grants Damage Reduction based on the type of damage Revenant receives (it gets stronger the more damage you take, much like sentients in the wild). No longer charged base. Caps at 85% Damage Reduction, starts at 55%.

Edit: Base duration of 25s (or more!)

Reave: (No longer acts as Hydroid's Tidal Surge) NEW: Does an AoE Magnetic proc and Radial knockdown (radial knockdown repeats itself 5x).

Edit: Proc chance not affected by Power Strength. Proc chance is at 100%. Base range at 18m.

Danse Macabre: Speed up spining animation just a little bit.

Edit: Spining animation speed is affected by casting speed mods!

Edited by --SKZ--Pizza
to better explain my ideas!
  • Like 1

While channeling Revenant's 4th, Danse Macabre, with Mesmer Skin active, one is unable to cast Enthrall on stunned enemies.  This breaks the synergy of his kit, as Danse Macabre has no defensive aspect, meaning that it must be used in conjunction with Mesmer Skin to be most effective.  In addition, during Danse, Revenant gets shields by killing thralls, incentivizing the player to use them up; this makes the inability to smoothly create more all the more irksome.  While it is possible to leave Danse, cast Enthrall while the enemy is still Mesmer-stunned, and return, due to long cast animations for both Enthrall and both entering and leaving Danse, it is seldom feasible, and what more, never worth while due to DPS lost.  Mesmer Skin is also unable to be recast while in Danse, however I understand this decision as it imposes a natural timer on his Danse, and creates moments of tension when the player must leave Danse to recast it.  

My suggestions, ranked in order of preference (not trying to armchair dev, just making my own predilections as a Revenant fan clear)

• Make the Enthrall automatically cast on stunned enemies in range (or those in range and LOS). This has been requested by many in the community, perhaps even a majority of Revenant fans. While I know this would largely obsolete his 1, any usage it would lose would be mere rote button-pressing, not actual gameplay.  This change would be in-line with the streamlining of Nekros's Desecrate, reducing fiddliness while keeping the playstyle largely the same.  
  • Allow Enthrall to be cast on Mesmer-stunned enemies while channeling Danse.  Whether intended or not, Danse is the centerpiece of Revenant's skill-set.  Reducing other abilities' compatibility with it will simply lead players to ignore those abilities in favor of a more one-note playstyle.  
  • Alter Reave so that Reaving Mesmer-stunned enemies while in Danse Enthralls them and Reave costs less while in Danse.  This idea harkens back to an earlier version of Revenant, and would make Reave more useful.  However, it is somewhat cumbersome and energy intensive.

TL;DR: I can't cast Enthrall while using Danse.  This feels bugged and annoying.  DE plz fix.

I wish he could replicate some more of the eidolons abilities, like raising his arm with the glowing energy and  shoot homing plasma like the Theralyst etc do, or create that defensive bubble + the knockdown waves after the enemies are inside the bubble that pushes them against the wall dealing a % dmg ( thus scaling ) based on their health/armor/shields, stuff like that, those spinning lasers gets boring quick beside giving the eyes an A+ brutalization, i find Mesa's peacemaker more fun even if it's nothing too fancy nor complicated ( simple and deadly instead ) with no eyes brutalization when active.

or he could slam the ground sending sentient energy shockwaves that knockdown enemies and heavily dmg them with some form of scaling for end game

or send a dmg wave like the sentients do when you destroy a synovia....

the possibilities are so many to make him more fun to play and watch in action

His 3 needs a total rework or a heavy overhaul, both in terms of funcionality/mechanics and VISUALS....as of now it's one of the most useless, less practical and ugliest thing i've seen regarding abilities.

Like someone said, status immunity would fit better his sentient nature if it was a passive and deal 25% more dmg when applying status procs ( slash/toxin/fire etc )

Edited by arm4geddon-117
  • Like 1

As a frequent Nekros player, Revenant feels as though he is at war with his own abilities - unsure if he wants to be a controller or a damage dealer.

( Revenant should be a controller - we need more controllers ;D )

I'll be covering the 2 abilities I have personal issues with + that need changes in some way indicated with ***.

***(Enthrall)

• The amount of thralls you should have would dynamically scale based on how many players there are in the party. For example - if you have 4 players in your party, you'd have a total max of 4 thralls, 3 players would be 6 thralls, 2 players is 8 thralls and solo will be a max of 10 thralls (kinda like how Nekros can summon 10+ with his 4th depending on which enemies you kill). As a side note, having the thrall count to 4 feels short lived since it caps out so quickly and the thralls don't really help as much as how Nekros has better utility with his summons.

• If the above bullet point cannot be achieved, raising the thrall cap would suffice. (# Scales with Power Strength?)

• Let's say you have thralls in one area and you move to a different area and you need your thralls to be at your current location in an instant. Just like Nekros' 4th ability - pressing and holding Revenant's 1 will recall/teleport your controlled thralls to the area you're in.

(Mesmer Skin) - Ability is fine, although it may need a slight rework - perhaps what @--SKZ--Pizza said:

1 hour ago, --SKZ--Pizza said:

Mesmer Skin: (No longer acts as Amesha's Watchful Swarm) -> change: Grants Damage Reduction based on the type of damage it receives (it gets stronger the more damage you take ~much like sentients in the wild~). No longer charged base. caps at 85% Damage Reduction, starts at 55%.

because of how Revenant gets squishy at times.

(Reave) - This is also a fine ability, but maybe adding a slight radiation proc to have enemies fight each other while you enthrall more enemies?

***(Danse Macabre) - Is fun and all, but I feel like it doesn't fit well with his kit - I feel like it should coexist with the rest of his abilities or modify his 1.

• After reaching the max thrall cap, using Revenants 4 will transform the thralls into a ghostly vomvalyst and fly to nearby/targeted enemy in which they on arrival - detonate dealing damage (based on power strength). Kind of like how his Phantasma shotgun's alternate fire shoots seeking projectiles that detonate on nearby enemies (looks amazing by the way).

(Passive) I agree to what @--SKZ--Pizza said:

1 hour ago, --SKZ--Pizza said:

New Passive: Imunity to Status Procs (all sentient's are imune to status procs)

• Like 1