Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

4 minutes ago, Meicoomon_Prime said:

they just need to remove it now or buff it now, at high levels you get one shotted by far while using 4 easily. they should make it so your immune to all while using four now with this much drain. 

Just now, Meicoomon_Prime said:

his four is still usable, if you have high dur and efficiency, they could have just have it like embers 4 truthfully after 7 secs is starts to buff, but also use as much energy as it does now with this update.  

Exactly. Like.... when using his 4th, he needs some form of resistance, even just like... 40% less damage would be enough, or give him damage adaptibility like the Battalysts and Conculysts.

As for the increasing drain as it goes, yea, that would be good. I mean, the M1 thing is a cool idea and all, and lets us control the energy cost, but it feels like an Augment already built into the power, so instead make it like you said.

Well... Here I am again after a long hiatus.  I had done some number crunching and right now the energy drain on his fourth is not worth it.  I can't say I don't enjoy the frame, conceptually speaking it is intriguing but the execution is overall.. meh..?  I mean, theoretically he should be a competent frame but he just isn't.  His 3rd ability isn't worth the energy use while in dance.  The 1st and 2nd compliment each other well and that is about it, add that in with the 4th while attempting to use 3 to dash around and you get a potato.  I would suggest making his forth perhaps drain from shields that way the 1st and 2nd ability feel resourceful?  While using 1, 2, 3 as energy sinks?  A bit of reworking is in order, definitely, but increasing the drain on the 4th made this frame extremely more lackluster than before.  

• Like 1

Fan F***ing tastic they ignored all the people saying that his 4 was perfectly fine and increased the energy consumption by 60%. and the "Sit and forget" crap is just not true unless the person is running a full set of arcane energize, and max efficiency, just revert the energy drain increase, and just FIX HIS OTHER ABILITIES allow his 1's thrall cap to scale with strength(sill will be bad but at least that would be something), add a 2-3 seconds between the charges of his 2 being consumed, or a minimum ammount of damage, and reduce the energy cost of his 3, or at least replace the visual with something that does not look like a Placeholder

PS. to make the thralls useful at ALL, make them immune to damage from teammates and only killable by other enemeis or the revenant player

PPS. i know this is basicly an angry repeat of my last post to this thread, but still they ignored everybody the first time so everybody should reoeat it untill they finally listin 

Edited by eyf101
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Ok, for 1, it's nice that we get more Thralls, however this still doesn't solve the problem. The problem is that they are still just enemies. We can kill them, they get no buff, no invulnerability, nothing, so we're still constantly going to have to spam 1 to even get the 7 cap.

I both agree and disagree with you. Thralls still taking tenno fire is part of the point, but also why 7 thralls is still likely too few. Nekros doesn't have to worry about friendly fire, and enemy damage vs. EHP scaling means his shadows can last a while. Meanwhile, thralls can spread, and the more thralls we can have, the more likely one will survive to restart the spread again, but with a cap of 7 they're still all probably going to die to allies too quickly to keep the "wave" going. Thing is, if they were to stop taking "friendly" fire, it starts to look like trolling to some players when there are thralls, say, still alive at the end of a defense wave, with no way to kill them.

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

and 2, that energy jump is INSANELY high! I've already sunk 5 Forma into my Revenant which I will now need to change because the energy cost is so drastically high! I'm going to test it a bit, but the fact that if we hold M1, it drains EVEN MORE, which will take the cost to roughly 35-40 energy per second, it's stupidly expensive now.

Yeah, I was against increasing the energy cost, since, without more buffs to other abilities, it becomes either "save all energy for the expensive 4 that's still the best ability" or "abandon frame entirely".

• Like 2

Feedback incoming:

Now danse macabre energy drain is way too much, not even remotely comparable to Mesa's peacemaker and guess which one is much more efficient in killing things? Lower the range and make it scale based on ability range and also limit the energy drain to the Mesa's peacemaker level.

• Like 1

Thrall cap bump does nothing to help them from being useless (instantly nuked) in a team environment.

Just have them spawn time limited ghosts on death like Ballistica Prime so they can keep CCing/spreading while preventing player trolling. 

Edited by Achromatic.

Another post about how Thralls die way to fast to be useful no matter the cap.

Not sure if this idea was brought up before, but how about Thralls go spectral like Vomvalysts when they die?

So they don't count into the cap anymore but are still able to spread Enthrall for a couple of seconds, then the disappear completely.

This would fit his theme and boost the number of Thralls for a limited time, even in kill heavy missions like Onslaught.

You would have your capped thralls at 7 and an unlimited amount in limbo (spectral) for some seconds to fill the count without interference of other players/your own killing spree.

Edited by JustABody

thanks for ruining the only good thing about revenant, thralls are worthless, they die before you can do anything to them either your allies kill them or you do, Danse macabre was his only neat skill and now we can barely use it? do you even want people to play the game? do you even want people to use this frame or would you rather we just put him in the back of our armory like all the other meh frames.

With thralls being useless his 3 becomes worthless his 2 is okay but any debuff still wipes it off of you, now you basically just hit 2 and save energy for a little burst of his 4, honeslty he's just bad now, he went from being okay but needing some tweaks to just garbage. RIP lets pray you guys don't ruin the gore frame too.

Edited by zephyr_infinity
  • Like 4

I feel as if this has made revenant into a frame I would think twice about before even touching. The buff to his 1 is nice, but does not solve the primary problem. That problem being your team tearing them apart like a hot knife through butter. But that's a pre-existing problem, and something that we can wait with.

However, the alterations to his 4 are absolutely meningless, in my opinion it was little more than a watered down version of mesa's 4, which was fine as it was stylistically different. But as it stands his energy consumption is now through the metaphorical roof. 5 energy/s more than Peacemaker. Absolutely disgustang. Out of all the things you COULD have changed, you altered the one thing about Revenant's kit I thoroughly enjoyed. It was in no need of a nerf. At least not without something to back it up. His 1 is not backing it up. Overshields are useless unless you can achieve high levels of it fast, like Harrow. As it stands Revenant is now a worse warframe than when we started, considering how he was SLIGHTLY above mediocre as it was, this is you putting one of his feet in the grave. 

It's a shame, I like a lot about revenant. I like his abilities, I like his design, and I like the concept. The execution is by no means bad, but you've nerfed every aspect of this frame into the ground. Big limitations on his first ability (somewhat solved by patch, but there's no way for it to spread with your allies by you, making it useless in group-play). Actually useful (if not slightly wonky) second ability (I'd try to solve this by perhaps giving Revenant 2-3 seconds of invincibility upon losing a charge, only the enemy who triggered this is put to sleep, and no charges are drained during those 2 seconds). Pointless third ability (gives you a tiny amount of health and shield, I know the amount is increased by thralls, but you got none cause your allies killed them or all of em are spread out thinly like butter). Now you could fix it by just buffing the values, and instead of having your thralls restore more than other enemies, you can have the thralls give you other buffs or overshields and the like. The fourth ability was fantastic. Emphasis on WAS.

But I digress.

• Like 1

Raising the thrall cap, while a nice gesture, doesn't solve their dying far too fast to properly spread the affliction and provide a longer lasting distraction in multiplayer. Address their vulnerability to player damage so their numbers actually matter, then we have an small army to control for more than 5 seconds.

Danse Macabre's new drain is excessively demanding on Ability Efficiency. Never mind the boosted drain that you'll need to stay a strong damage source in endless missions.

Edited by PsiWarp

Thralls just aren't useful enough to bother micromanaging them. The only thing they have going for them is the death ray they create when they die. It would be good if there was some way to enthrall while channelling the dance, otherwise just speccing for aoe nuke is still the goto

I think the change to Dance Macabre could have been better.  The energy drain is so extreme now that even with maxed efficiency, all of your energy is gone after a very short period of using the skill.  This doesn't take into account the fact that the enhanced damage when holding the firing button drastically increases the energy consumption.  If the energy drain had been increased to a lesser number than the update changed it to, the skill would be more balanced.  It went from a too-sustainable energy economy to one that doesn't exist.

• Like 2

"affliction" Augment/Change idea

I think it would be quite cool to have the 1 ability have a similar property to that of saryns (or atleast an augment that allows it). The limit is removed (or heightened even more) but as you get more minions the damage per second that the ability does increases or the duration shortens (obviously for balancing reasons).

This would make the "horde" part of it more viable and would actually allow a different way of building Rev. Right now hes just kinda a frame that deals damage with his 4. Uncapping it but having a falloff/killswitch for when it starts getting out of hand could be a good way of making it better. I wouldn't know how balanced it would be with dps/cc and clearance of rooms but it would still be cool if we could have the minion horde that was shown with the Venus open space.

Sketch_1.png

It also involves the player more. having to kill off minions before the damage they take becomes too much so they can infect others is effectively the interactions that made saryn a better frame. right now Revenant isn't a very "involved" with such a good 4 ability. having a viable 1 ability to help him passively while he actively works with it to how he wants is what I wanted with this frame.

apart from his 1 all the really needs changing about him is his 3. Its pretty lacklustre with no real return. I also honestly have no idea what could make it better either.

Really unhappy with the nerf to Revenant's 4. Now it has the highest energy drain in the game and isn't worth casting. You basically need Arcane Energize to even get use of this ability, and requiring a ~3000 platinum arcane just to comfortably play a frame is absolutely unacceptable. It was fine before, so why nerf it?

Furthermore, why buff his 1? Can he get a new 1 instead? Perhaps make his 3's dash the new 1 and give him a new 3 instead? I don't see the purpose of enthralling enemies, as it seems like just a waste of energy and time. 

Furthermore, his 2 feels like a really bad take on Iron Skin, and enemies at higher levels can melt through the stacks quickly. On top of that, with the 4 now being nerfed and basically useless, his 2 is inadvertently nerfed.

His 3 costs way too much energy and you don't go far enough of a distance. I highly suggest swapping this ability's spot with the 1 and changing the current 1 to be something more synergized with his overall kit and theme. 

I'm incredibly upset that this nerfed happened, as it feels like it did not need to. Please, please look at Revenant again and make him great. Thank you.

• Like 2

Just crossed 3 years of playing WF. Leaving all the real, OP radial AOE cheeze intact while inexplicably nerfing the brand new frame's already inefficient, short range ult is the most boneheaded thing I've seen DE do on a long list of questionable choices.

Did you get trolled by someone who sent you a video like the "AFK maiming strike through walls" one? You couldn't possibly be that gullible.

In a game with Peacemaker, Maim, Discharge, Spores and Miasma on the SAME OP frame, and a host of other spammable, highly energy efficient cheeze, you have truly taken the cake on this.

• Like 2

Please take him out of the game and rework his abilities and keep in mind that he is a warframe with high potential.
I think we tenno deserve a great warframe that has such a cool background (PoE lore).
But instead we get a worse version of Nekros, Nyx and Mesa with a crazy nerf on his 4.
I have no words that can describe how sad this makes me.

• Like 2

Just a general piece of feedback on this line:

In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.

This sounds to me like DE is overvaluing (over)shields. At high levels shields become completely meaningless next to health, armor and lifesteal. Adding to that, Revenant already has a built-in lifesteal in the form of Reave, further devaluing the interaction of Danse and Thralls.

That doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad idea to buff Enthrall and nerf Danse. But if you try to link the two as if one balances out the other I think it can come off as a bit silly at best and at worst as a developer not quite knowing how the mechanics start to scale above level 30 or so. So just in case the community gives you flak about this change and you're confusing why they're ignoring the fact that you almost doubled the amount of potential overshield pickups, maybe my reasoning can shed some light on that.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Nth half assed nerf!

Revenant already has a rather mediocre kit and of all things you could do you go and nuke its arguably best skill? For the love of the Lotus lay off the drugs would you? Not even Mesa's peacemaker or Saryn's ultimate go that high...

Let's see: Danse macabre locks you in place, give no invulnerability, mediocre range plus line of sight mechanics, bad shooting angle that requires enemies to be further inside effect area to actually hit, thus losing more range... what of all this would justify a 60% energy cost increase punishment? ah and it looks like ass to boot!

You needed to improve its entire kit to have better usability, not make the only barely working ability unusable!

There was a very good build for it? Yes, and required all of the endgame mods and arcanes to pull it off! If you need that kind of investment then is more then legit that you pretend a worthwile return!

What you did to Ember was scandalous considering that Equinox' Maim does much worse in a wider range with a final nuke to boot, Saryn "rework" was a goddamned mess and left her the stronghest caster frame of the game, with the biggest energy pool, better armor than most assault frames and so on, now you take a newly released frame that's on the verge of utter mediocrity due to poor ability implementation and nuke it? Those who paid platinum for it should well be in their right to crucify you guys for this travesty... ever considered refunding purchases if you significatively alter a product just after launch? You should!

• Like 2