Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

Pablo has made two frames with solid, strong, and syngergistic kits. Can we all just agree that he should be in charge or at least final say on frame setup? Clearly, revenant is in dire need of some fixing and not just DM.

13 minutes ago, Kidkilla said:

It's a get out of jail ability, not a I'm going to kill everything in the room ability. Rev doesn't need a kit rework, just a clearer picture of what he was meant to be.

Yeah. Those are called Reworks.

Revenant is useless in a group, only his 4 is useful.
His one is not noticeable since they die too fast and not frm the revenant himself, so bye bye buffs
His 3 is more a dash than a heal, and it's actually too dependent of his one, wich is bad because his one is useless.

His 2 need some tweaks, and his 4 should be reviewed (again) as well.

7 thralls is fine, but you can't balance the number based on nekros's 4 because his shadows are MUCH MORE USEFUL than the thralls of the revenant.
The revenant can't benefit from reduced dmg when thalls are active, they're not good at redirecting fire either because 7 when there is 40+ ennemies is really not enough.
And finally they just die too fast.
Pillars are barely noticeable too, and I don't really know if an ennemy died from it yet when I used rev.

For a frame BASED on his thralls, he is not doing well at all.

If you really want to toss the idea of thralls, give us at least some vovmalyst to spawn that give us shield gating and heal to users that come close.

For example, I played an interception T4 in the void right after the "tweak", I was with mesa, equinox, and limbo.
They carried me, my frame was not bad, but it was not noticeable in the fight, it's pointless to play him in a group.

Edited by Maryph

Nerfing an ability which is the literal definition of spin to win because it can be used as a fire and forget is a bit silly tbh - surely this was something that could have been foreseen before releasing it.

That said I really do like the frame design, although I don't think the abilities don't currently work in a way that is really useful

1 Increasing the number of enthralled to 7 is a good start with making Revenant useful, and I will test this again, but historically its not been an ability that has been particulary useful. Perhaps the ability to gain more pillars will improve it but it would help if they did more damage over a wider radius.

2 Mesmer Skin runs out really quickly and if there are enough enemies around you don't stun all of them and you can die really quickly before the animation time allows you to recast it

3 Reave is rarely worth using in practice - perhaps could be improved by also giving it the ability to increase or top up the number of Mesmer skin charges?

4 I'm not a fan of the energy changes to his 4 - It's not like it couldn't have been foreseen that this was a set and forget spin to win ability but with the increased energy cost it's not worth using at all in it's current state apart from a CC knockdown which isn't really a particularly powerful 4th ability in comparison to other options. Perhaps the energy could be focussed in some way to provide a more powerful effect or, given the fact that internal and external terrain moves up and down a lot, give it the ability to be aimed up or down to focus on enemies on a different plain. That in itself isn't going to be good enough to save it for me tbh

Right now this is a bit of a novelty frame for me now - I'll pick it up again later and play with the control aspects of enthral but right now there aren't a set of abilities that work together or apart in any way that previous frames don't do better or in a more interesting way

9 minutes ago, Rankii said:

Pablo has made two frames with solid, strong, and syngergistic kits. Can we all just agree that he should be in charge or at least final say on frame setup? Clearly, revenant is in dire need of some fixing and not just DM.

TBH, He really should.

hace 1 hora, Leqesai dijo:

The solution to thralls seems painfully obvious to me.

Revenant is the sentient/eidolon frame right?

Why do his thralls not function like eidolon vombulysts? 

He should transform enemies into vomvalysts, or outright summon them instead of the poor man's Nyx they gave him.

Honestly, between Khora and Revenant whoever is in charge of making up ability sets is dropping the ball HARD.

I am not happy about you adding only 7 thralls that can be killed by team mates , than making Revenant 4 cost more energy for no reason ? . Ill take my 4 thralls back an have the low cost energy thanks ! You almost double Revenant 4 that is not even right for 7 thralls that are useless because they die to much let alone to mention holding the fire button on Revenant 4 cost so much energy now . Ether scrape this an go back to the original or come up with a new plan this is not how Revenant  should be at all . We need at least 15-20 thralls for his 1 , his 2 needs to be reworked entirely, his 3 im liking some what more than that box you had . Revenant 4 needs energy to cost less .

Thralls need to be immune or resistant to ally's damage. Their primary use is to act as healing stations for Reave, and as sort of a forced Radiation proc to control the amount of enemies that are targetting you and your team. If your team is just killing them as fast as you make them, the only thing you're doing is wasting energy casting it. The ability works fantastically when you're solo because you can actually feel the effects. In a party, my team just slaughters them as I make them, rendering the ability entirely useless.

Mesmer Skin needs to be re-castable, have a faster casting time, or have some sort of self-sustainability, like killing thralls should instead grant you Mesmer Skin stacks instead of overshields. Revenant dies way too quickly without Mesmer Skin, I've been killed during my casting animation from full shields and HP. If you can die during the casting animation, then running away to cast it is also out of the question. Also, remove the decimal point for it's stack count, I very frequently see 0 stacks available for my Mesmer Skin, which effectively counts as the ability not being active, yet prevents me from re-casting it, forcing me to take one unprotected hit before I can re-cast it.

Reave's energy drain is much too high for it's utility. Give it a channelling-like energy cost, where it has a low cost to activate, and consumes energy the longer you travel with it, allowing you to control how much energy you spend if you end up not travelling for it's full duration. Furthermore, allow for more side to side movement even if you're not using it with Danse Macabre.

Danse Macabre's energy drain should be higher than it was on release, but not quite this high. The skill deals good damage while boosted, but not so much when it's not boosted. Lower the non-boosted energy drain to 15 energy per second, and the boosted energy drain to 32 energy per second. The ability otherwise is very good, and I can't really find much fault with it besides the most recent changes.

EDIT: I completely forgot about his passive, just like everyone else because it's absolutely useless. Drastically increase the range on it, and give him a higher shield regeneration rate.

Edited by Kamoedesu
Left out feedback for his passive.

Passive: it's useless. Need rework. For example: Damage over time does not ignore the shield (He has very little life);

Enthrall: It is necessary to increase the damage of controlled monsters. Their subsequent explosion does not have any benefit, because a small range. It can be removed;

Mesmer Skin: Add the ability to use this skill during the duration of Danse Macabre;

Reave: Allow the Revenant to be moved to where the cursor is displayed, not just on the ground;

Danse Macabre: It's good now. Do not change.

P.S. These changes are necessary so that the Revenant can compete with the slide attacks. You need to make it more mobile and endure, since the shield does not have any damage reduction factors.

22 minutes ago, Rankii said:

Yeah. Those are called Reworks.

I couldn't agree with that because Saryn is currently very OP. And that's the irony of today's nerf because Revenant was a well-balanced frame in need of small buffs/rework in a game with MANY ridiculous radial AOE skills and frames in need of significant nerfs.

Make Enthralled enemies killed by your Danse  Macabre drop mesmer skin charges isntead of overshields and give a grace period between each charge that gets used. Lower cost of reave since it coupled with the new energy cost of Danse Macabre is insane. 

Look at Danse Macabre's elevation properties since even a slight difference in elevation can make u unable to ho hit enemies.

Id love if pablo looked at revenant i think the first sentient frame deserves as much.

Edited by Ze4lex

Remove the timer on his one, up the number of thralls to 10, make it spread on death like saryn spores, and make the thralls slowly decays when there's no ennemies around.
Make them immune to friendly fire, but (like the spore of saryn when the rerework firs appear) when you hold 1, all the thralls would die without spreading.

When you kill one thrall, one stack of mesmer skin is added until maximum stacks available is reached again.

Make his two auto enthrall.

Make his 3 insta kill thralls (and also spread it) and regen stack of mesmer skin for the number of thralls you killed.

Make his 4 heal hp/shield for an amount when a thrall is killed by the ability, also, when a thrall is killed, it should confer a buff to the revenant's 4 dmg, stacking at +100 percent damage, this buff can't be refreshed, you need to wait until the end of the buff to activate it again, but the thralls around you would still die from the ability.
Each thralls would confer a 10 percent bonus when killed by the ability.

Passive: Eidolon's will
For each thralls active, you gain a passive amount of hp and shield, also, the regen of your hp and shield is boosted the more thralls are active.

Edited by Maryph

Congrats on proving once again that you don't play your own #*!%ing game, DE. Literally no one with more than two brain cells was complaining that Danse Macabre was too much like Ember's 4. It can't even hit through walls, for #*!%s sake. You CAN'T set it and forget it because it's useless if you do that, you HAVE TO move around. Non idiots were arguing that 1) if you want enthrall to be useful you have to make it not take so much time to cast/become useful, either by decreasing the cast time on it or also making it a 1-handed action, and 2) buff Mesmer skin because I'm sick and tired of having to end Danse Macabre to recast it. It breaks the flow of Revenant's gameplay so much that this, with the nerf, means I've just wanted 5 forma on an umbral build for nothing. Also, 3) Reave would actually be useful if it, I dunno, GAVE YOU ENERGY OR OVERSHIELDS INSTEAD OF REGAINING HEALTH WHEN REVENANT HAS NO EHP ANYWAY, MAKING THE GAINING OF HEALTH AND SHIELDS #*!%ING USELESS? I want my Forma back, DE, because this sure feels like a #*!%ing scam.

Fire whoever made these changes. Clone pablo. Do whatever the #*!% you have to do to get your head out your ass and stop pissing off your players.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it been more sensible to switch the aim and unaiming energy drains? Also thralls, or thrall, still die when a teammate looks in it's general vicinity. Can't it just be single cast and make the initial thrall immune to friendly fire and have it infect normally?

I know that might invalidate nyxs mind control, but honestly shadows of the dead already did that. Ballistica prime too, sorta. Plus I hear she's getting a rework so, you know.

Edited by -Bv-Concarne

i was better before ...

4 nerf made it impossible being the higest energy cost of the game for that ability . 

Entrall is simply broken, works on bosses and your teammates kill them, also using it also bugs missions making enemies not to spawn.

So hearing the community was making his only good ability bad , and the bad broken abilities worse.

works on stalker and g3 too..lol

Edited by .macie2
add on

6 hours ago, Xaranoth said:

Have you seen saryn or nidus?

The sad thing is, those aren’t even “extreme” buffs. Those are just fixes to make revenants abilities actually able to do what their intended purpose is without being stopped short by arbitrary and unnecessary hard caps. I really like your ideas there, hopefully this goes the way of the Oberon and hydroid reworks where they overnerfed and then brought back up to an actually somewhat useful state, but I’m not super hopeful after what happened with khora. Or rather, what didn’t happen with her after she got released.

Each frame has different ability sets, some are basic, 1st is ‘weak’ and 4th is ‘strong’, some have equally useful abilities, like nova for example, and some have them all over the place, like nidus and saryn, were their ‘strongest’ ability isn’t necessarily the 4th.....revenant simply belongs to the former, and there’s nothing wrong with that, thus it shouldn’t be changed 

-More range scaling please: passive, Reave width and maybe minimum distance, Ult /range and punch trough)

-Enthrall pillars on death should afflict enemies (maybe even charm)

-Reave should restore stacks of Mesmer Skin;   maybe more dmg/healing on non-thralls and power strength scaling

!!! Efficiency is mostly a big problem because you dont have to build for strength/range so you can just go for efficiency and spam ult

-when ulting while sliding you stay crouched resulting in the camera staying near the ground and being crouched after exiting it

Edited by SpiritForger

20 minutes ago, Fatal_X said:

Only it needs to be changed because it costs too much energy for damage that's easily topped by Mesa, who does more damage for less energy consumption. 

Saying it's good now is laughable. It's absolutely unacceptable to let these kinds of nerfs slide, and you saying "do not change" is telling DE "hey, let's make all good damage abilities bad". Revenant literally got Ember'd. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fatal_X said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. his 4 was fine enough before they upped the energy consumption making the power basically worthless. The fact you can even say "This is fine" to this change makes me honestly believe the majority of the forums are delusional and don't actually play the same game.

• Enthrall is essentially pointless because Thrall's don't really server any purpose and end up being a waste of energy
  • Mesmer Skin just gets chewed through at most things above level 30-40ish (Honestly what this ability needs is each charge of Mesmer Skin get's gated much like how Inaros's 4 augment works)
  • Reave is probably the most expensive and least useful movement ability out there, but other than the base 75 energy without mods, there's nothing wrong with this ability
  • Dane Macabre as I've said above is not really usable for very long, and the ability is more effective the longer you have it up, so it's counter productive and useless.

Now you can go on about how "Just use max efficiency" or "use prime flow as well" but that still doesn't change that the damage dealing ability relies heavily on being used for long periods of time, and yes you can half the energy a second, but this only applies to not holding down left click to increase the damage output, there's also the issue of not having enough mod space for both primed flow and the two efficiency mods, because on top of all these issues, Revenant is a tank who can't effectively tank, especially because of the problems with his Mesmer Skin.

• Like 3

one the hit to revenants energy drain on his 4 is terrible and doesn't fix anything/ you shouldn't of even gave him his forth if you guys were trying to AVOID the press 4 to win or how you said it in this new update "set it up and done" how this whole thing is playing out is making you guys look like you were baiting us to buy the frame since the 4th ability was so enticing.

two the making revenants 2nd ability relfect status procs might of indecently make the ability worse as i am playing rev and for some reason his mesmer charges are going way too fast then they were before as the whole charges are gone in about 2-3 seconds. thats not going to save rev if he goes into a onslaught.

• Like 2

We are repeating each other and or going completely different paths. I'm trying to list required changes that needs to happen and if we all focus on one answer with upvotes, maybe the devs will finally know what to do to fix the mess called Revenant. I would need feedback on my ideas that you can see at the link below (click red arrow top left corner), what do you guys/girls think of my ideas for a "rework"? 🙂

Edited by VieuxPappy

4 minutes ago, VieuxPappy said:

We are repeating each other and or going completely different paths. I'm trying to list required changes that needs to happen and if we all focus on one answer with upvotes, maybe the devs will finally know what to do to fix the mess called Revenant. I would need feedback on my ideas that you can see at the link below (click red arrow top left corner), what do you guys/girls think of my ideas for a "rework"? 🙂

Yeah that'd be great if we could someone not include people who don't own the frame, because every low-mr turd that's been out damaged will just chime in on whatever kills the frame harder

Ok so someone else here has a great idea of making the enthralled targets more resistant to team mates damage. And that’s like a genius idea. Maybe make them as or 3/4 resistant as synthesis targets.

it both keeps team mates from instantly killing your thralls AND keeps Rev users from trolling in defenses cuz the thralls could be easily taken down with a squad of 4 wailing on it.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301