Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

il y a 1 minute, VPrime96 a dit :

What else can’t kill lvl 150s with Paused AI?

Here, it changes nothing, 1 kinda works like a stun at the beginning , plus it's not "melee damage" so no stealth bonus or something like that

You want a version where ennemies are moving ? 

Edited by Dr_KoV

The first one that can provide you overshield while synergized with your ult, and that can disable dangerous targets from the battlefield, you can even capture bosses ffs.

The second that makes you immortal,  Ancient toxic aura,  infested osprey gas and moa poisonous area  have no effect on you at all, aside from the moa's slow.

The third that can be insta cast while under the ult to cross long distances, but I agree that it's too energy costy, but it makes you invulnerable nonetheless.

Ult that tear apart zergs of enemies, but has more trouble against  heavier enemies due to *their* scaling, not the power itself, but well, you also have primary, secondary and melee weapons, what a bless that you're not stuck with your "useless" powers right ?

• Like 2

il y a 8 minutes, EinheriarJudith a dit :

went to neptune was surrounded by 5 crewmen, shield went down, health went down enough, used reave, and it restored both health and shield so i dont know what you mean by only restores shields when used on corpus.

huh, crewmen are corpus btw -_-
Go in a grineer mission, have your shield go down and then use Reave on grineers. It will not recover your shield, only your health. Same for if you use Reave on infested.
Also, gotta love how from EVERYTHING I said, you decide to ignore 99% of my post and try to argue with me that Reave does work. Nice straw man. 

1 minute ago, VieuxPappy said:

huh, crewmen are corpus btw -_-
Go in a grineer mission, have your shield go down and then use Reave on grineers. It will not recover your shield, only your health. Same for if you use Reave on infested.
Also, gotta love how from EVERYTHING I said, you decide to ignore 99% of my post and try to argue with me that Reave does work. Nice straw man. 

this is what you said " Also, Reave only gives shield if you use it on corpus units " which is false. why would DE make a skill that doesnt do what it says. oh right they dont do that. if the skill doesnt do what it says its bugged. but i do get both health and shield fighting grineer, corpus, infested, corrupted. dont know why it is not working for you.

il y a 9 minutes, EinheriarJudith a dit :

this is what you said " Also, Reave only gives shield if you use it on corpus units " which is false. why would DE make a skill that doesnt do what it says. oh right they dont do that. if the skill doesnt do what it says its bugged. but i do get both health and shield fighting grineer, corpus, infested, corrupted. dont know why it is not working for you.

Are you serious? Load of bs you're saying:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reave#Info

"Does not restore shield points to Revenant if enemies do not possess shields"

• Like 3

Il y a 2 heures, mathuedoi a dit :

It's only as powerful as the level you are playing.

I mean, Limbo's banish is OP DPS at level 15...

At more challenging levels, revenant's 4 is fair to middling DPS relative to other frames. Press 4 to win only works on low level content for the most part.

The 4 was nerfed because of a problem that exists only at low levels, if then. In the past 12 hours I have heard over a hundred better ideas for tweaking the ability that are better than this ham handed, across the board nerf.

Boosted 4 killed sortie 3 enemies easily. Most of the people we saw doing the forger play style are the one Who are doing low level mission and not using his boosted damage because the base damage is enough to kill low enemies .. I brought him to flood mission and litteraly not destroying enemies unless I use my boosted 4 +ztatus. . And even there it is Technically à Worse mesa with higher cost atm .. I love the concept and his 2.. but it just fall flat

And like everyone said his 1 is useless in a team setup .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VieuxPappy said:

Are you serious? Load of bs you're saying:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reave#Info

"Does not restore shield points to Revenant if enemies do not possess shields"

then i misunderstood what you wrote. and i was wrong about it. i also dont have a problem with reave only giving shield from shielded units. just like polarize only decreases shield or only decreases armor, and does nothing to infested.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

il y a 1 minute, EinheriarJudith a dit :

then i misunderstood what you wrote. and i was wrong about it. i also dont have a problem with reave only giving shield from shielded units. just like polarize only decreases shield or only decreases armor.

Armor and shield make up for 2/3 of the factions so polarize is still useful against everything that isn't infested. Also the ability is an easy team shield restore on top of decreasing armor and shield in a huge AoE around mag and leaving shards that increase the damage of Mag's 2. On the other hand, reave deals puny damage to non thralls, works only in a small clunky to use AoE and gives puny hp/shield and only gives shield back if there are corpus units. Pound for pound, polarize is simply better in every single way. 

Considering there's going to be virtually no thrall around because they get instantly decimated by allies and that Rev is centred more around shields (even more so from his overshield drops) than his poor hp/armor and that the ability costs 75 energy, is clunky to use, covers a small AoE and gives a puny 8% hp gain per enemy plus 8% shield ONLY if the enemies are corpus, it's FAR from being enough to warrant using the ability. 

You may not have any problem with the Reave being so bad but you are a minority with this opinion. This brings the discussion back to my earlier post on how to make it so Revenant needs several changes (that I listed earlier) for him to become enjoyable with good synergies in his kit. I don't want Rev to be "mesa 0.5"  (as his pole dancing is worse in every single way, ie: she has better range, better DPS, lower energy cost and and can kill enemies above and under herself). 

I don't have him at the moment hes cooking in the foundry but i have noticed a lot of feedback and i took the time to read his wiki profile and i noticed a few issues that end up making him more clunky then a lot of the other frames.

Issue is over-shields are okay but enemies have so many things to bypass shields that the setup and execution is not worth the reward. You have to kill enthralled enemies with Danse Macabre which is okay on paper but enemy scaling goes very high while Danse Macabre plateaus.Several steps for small payoffs that are instantly gone does not feel enticing at all.

Honestly i think it should be more like how mag can knock pieces of armor off the enemy.

Enthrall and then when you Reave through them it knocks the over-shield orbs off of them for other players to pick up.Enthrall and Reave seem to be a better combo if you wanna give friendlies over-shields i guess otherwise you could just get a mag/volt/trinity and have an easier time.

Other then that i really like his look and the way he works. I just think the idea of his pseudo support doesn't work with his current setup and execution since everyone else seems to mulch everything before you can get going. I really hope for the best.

PS: I really hope this thread doesn't get merged. Merged threads seems more like a death sentence for a lot of feedback that gets mixed in with the ranting and raving. I don't want to be buried in a pile of salt.

4 minutes ago, VieuxPappy said:

Armor and shield make up for 2/3 of the factions so polarize is still useful against everything that isn't infested. Also the ability is an easy team shield restore on top of decreasing armor and shield in a huge AoE around mag and leaving shards that increase the damage of Mag's 2. On the other hand, reave deals puny damage to non thralls, works only in a small clunky to use AoE and gives puny hp/shield and only gives shield back if there are corpus units. Pound for pound, polarize is simply better in every single way. 

Considering there's going to be virtually no thrall around because they get instantly decimated by allies and that Rev is centred more around shields (even more so from his overshield drops) than his poor hp/armor and that the ability costs 75 energy, is clunky to use, covers a small AoE and gives a puny 8% hp gain per enemy plus 8% shield ONLY if the enemies are corpus, it's FAR from being enough to warrant using the ability. 

You may not have any problem with the Reave being so bad but you are a minority with this opinion. This brings the discussion back to my earlier post on how to make it so Revenant needs several changes (that I listed earlier) for him to become enjoyable with good synergies in his kit. I don't want Rev to be "mesa 0.5"  (as his pole dancing is worse in every single way, ie: she has better range, better DPS, lower energy cost and and can kill enemies above and under herself). 

To be honest every Warframe is supposed to be unique. Revs 4th uses the weakness of the enemies affected. Don't forget Mesa is a cowgirl and Revanent is a Vampire.

12 minutes ago, VieuxPappy said:

only Reave still gives you shield/health when fighting corpus and corrupted and health when fighting grineer and infested. 900+ hp is not poor. again polarize is useless on infested. fun is subjective. also mesmer armor can withstand more hits than it shows. and while its active blocks all damage except for its bug. the powers need tweaks but they surely arent useless.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

il y a 1 minute, EinheriarJudith a dit :

only Reave still gives you shield/health when fighting corpus and corrupted and health when fighting grineer and infested. 900+ hp is not poor. again polarize is useless on infested. fun is subjective. also mesmer armor can withstand more damage than it shows. and while its active blocks all damage except for its bug. the powers need tweaks but they surely arent useless.

Where are those 900+ hp you are talking about? With maxed vitality and fiber, he gets to 740 hp with 220 armor. That's quite low versus the 1665 shield he gets with redirection incentified by the possibility of him gaining overshield via killing thralls with his DM. 

Annnnnd you are back at "useless". I think this is going nowhere... if you can't see the issues on how all of his abilities are worse version of abilities already in the game, then IDK what to tell you. There's a reason there's 41 pages (already) of feedback, that's because Rev's abilities and his passive are ALL lackluster. I gave ideas on how to take him from low tier and bring him to high tier without making him the strongest frame in the game but yeah, continue discussing semantics and hammering that straw man.

Over-shields would work if he had some form of damage resistance. I think your feedback will grow once you've played him and understand that all of his abilities are basically useless due to their inability to function with Dance Macabre. 

It's not worth stopping to recast enthrall, it's not worth using more energy to move forward for overshields when Mesmer shield makes him invincible. It's not worth enthralling enemies for...really any reason since the traps aren't useful and they will almost always die by you or an ally.

Sadly, we must all become one with the mega-thread.  it's true that most of the valuable feedback is lost in between those first few/last few pages, but it removes the clutter of 1000 revenant feedback/rework threads. They may need to start making categories for megathreads. 

One for reworks, one for feedback, etc. But that seems like more trouble than it's worth

• Like 1

il y a 20 minutes, TrinimixStudios a dit :

To be honest every Warframe is supposed to be unique. Revs 4th uses the weakness of the enemies affected. Don't forget Mesa is a cowgirl and Revanent is a Vampire.

Rev isn't a vampire, he's a sentient. 

il y a 6 minutes, TrinimixStudios a dit :

What I'd since Rev is based off of a Vampire type creature. Possibly give him health Regen in the shadows and night time.

That would be useless, it would be a completely worse version of Nidus' passive. Just look at Mirage's 3 to see how unreliable having to be in shadows can be.

Edited by VieuxPappy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, VieuxPappy said:

Where are those 900+ hp you are talking about? With maxed vitality and fiber, he gets to 740 hp with 220 armor. That's quite low versus the 1665 shield he gets with redirection incentified by the possibility of him gaining overshield via killing thralls with his DM. 

Annnnnd you are back at "useless". I think this is going nowhere... if you can't see the issues on how all of his abilities are worse version of abilities already in the game, then IDK what to tell you. There's a reason there's 41 pages (already) of feedback, that's because Rev's abilities and his passive are ALL lackluster. I gave ideas on how to take him from low tier and bring him to high tier without making him the strongest frame in the game but yeah, continue discussing semantics and hammering that straw man.

i45G427.jpg

à l’instant, EinheriarJudith a dit :

i45G427.jpg

Having to use not only a primed mod but also vitality in conjunction to make it so Rev has a decent health pool isn't a convincing argument. Pretty much every single warframe can reach that health pool and be as tanky. Hell, just a vitality on Mesa and she's as tanky lol

1 minute ago, VieuxPappy said:

Having to use not only a primed mod but also vitality in conjunction to make it so Rev has a decent health pool isn't a convincing argument. Pretty much every single warframe can reach that health pool and be as tanky. Hell, just a vitality on Mesa and she's as tanky lol

you asked what i was talking about and i showed you. that is all.

• Like 1

Revenant's 4 kills mobs and bosses slower than Mesa's 4. I don't think it deserved the energy drain nerf since the ability was already mediocre and didn't really scale. Yes it applies status effects but it takes too long to do things such as strip armor and revenant's Mesmer skin is stripped way too easily. This makes the 4 not really good unless you're in sub level 80 content because crowds shoot and down you while you're helplessly spinning. By the way, Mesa's 4 can hit enemies above her while revenant's can't... If you nerf revenant then why is aimbot quick killing mostly 4 using Mesa still so much better in content up to even lvl 180.

I understand that y'all increased the drain so players would not rely on the 4 too much but his other abilities are too lacking. His 1 takes too long to make enough allies for it to be very useful. Either you or your team can one shot hordes before enough are allies or useful enough to make a difference. And in high levels, the ally chaining just takes too long for it to save you from death. The allies should have a high aggro feature like khora's 4 or Loki and saryn's decoys or at least give a damage reduction. If ally chaining speed and or aggro  aren't increased then there is not much interest to use anything but 4. He's a low to mid level content frame. Because of these reasons, there's just not much desire to use the other abilities. Because of the damage system in the game, overshields don't matter in the high levels. Enemies can take them down too easily unless you're camping with an ancient healer. 

The energy drain really doesn't fix the situation since players can still use quick killing frames like Mesa, equinox and saryn to kill tons of enemies they never even notice. And for things like defense or  survival, people can still use the "brain dead" Octavia  strategy of using 1+4 combo to auto kill everything up to the levels that most of the community never sees anyway. (Oh and did I forget to mention that Octavia can remain invisible forever and take down nullifiers with her abilities alone?)

Revenant is too lacking in the high content and he can be easily taken down by enemies even if you use his other abilities. Why are barely scaling and mediocre frames being nerfed while well synergizing and much stronger frames like saryn and Octavia remaining the same?

Increasing enthrall to 7 doesn't matter much because the animation is kinda long and it only targets one enemy at a time and the chaining is slow... It's just faster to one shot the hordes with an arca plasmor unless you're in high level content where revenant's kit is too lacking for anyway.