Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

What if pressing the aim button for danse macabre not only boosts it normally, but also focuses the beams by actually aiming them to where you're looking at? The energy nerf could then be reverted and reversed or just reversed. It would give it more incentive on not just casting and forgetting while giving more player input.

Also changing the gas damage into radiation for infested and adding viral for corpus and grineer flesh.

• Like 3

I would like to suggest that the thralls still receive damage from the flame pillars with at least half of the damage. 
And make the duration of the pillars longer. 

Also, can we have a different sound and FX when mesmer skin runs out? It can be the one where the eidolon loses it's shield and glow red and sound like it.
Or at least make the sound louder.

The new FX for dash is cool. Also I like how Revenant can still move his head and look around while dashing!

That's all of my 2 cents :P

• Like 1

Overall, I am enjoying Revenant so far. He is fun to use and his 4 is amazing. The thing is that although I find his other abilities fun, they are not the best and (with the exception of reave) do not fit the sentient themeing.

Here are some ideas for how to make them better.

1. Enthrall: Take this ability away from revenant, remove the energy pillar effect and then give it to Nyx. This would keep Nyx's mind control theme intact, as well as buffing her and making room for Revenant to have an ability more in line with his eidolon/sentient theme.

New ability replacing Enthrall: The new 1st ability should have something to do with the energy pillars or another eidolon based attack. Maybe he could spawn a few pillars or do that one attack the Teralyst does where it shoots the energy ball in the air and the smaller projectiles come out. For the ability they could home in on enemies.

2. Mesmer Skin: There are two ways to fix Mesmer skin. The first would be to give each charge a certain amount of health before being consumed. This would mean it wouldn't be consumed so quickly.

The second way to fix Mesmer skin while also making it more inline with the sentient theme would be to give you a temporary resistance to the damage types you have been hit with the most in the mission so far (similar to a battalyst's damage reduction). Alternatively the first method could be done and a permanent version of the second method could be made into his passive (with a cap on the reduction of course).

3. Reave: Not much wrong with this one, just make it a little faster and it should be fine in my opinion.

4. Danse Macabre: This ability is already very strong, and I don't think it needs any changes.

Conclusion: These were my Revenant ability change suggestions. Do you agree? What are your suggestions? Leave your answers and maybe we can get a good discussion going. 

• Like 1

Break my frame (daddy) DE.

------------------------------------

I suggest you revisiting the story so far if you think mind control isn't in line with sentients.

I really enjoy the 1st ability. My only problem with it is it being too contagious. You enthral a guy or two and in few seconds whole room of enemies are your thralls. You can't damage them with weapons. They don't do anything, cause well everyone is already turned.

Maybe toning down the rate at which ability spreads to enemies, so your thralls can become a better source of damage.

Of course if DE was thinking of them being as batteries instead of small personal squad, I guess that's fine too.

As for 2nd ability, cast time seems to long in comparison to the benefits it gives, at least to me. I haven't been using it much (at all, if you don't count initial tests).

Same issue with 3rd ability, cast time/animation doesn't feel right. It's like you loose control of your frame for few seconds. Personally only use it with 4th ability active or emergencies.

For people complaining about energy costs of 4th ability. It's a pretty strong ability, you need to balance it out. If you really want to use it a lot, mod your frame accordingly. I maxed out efficiency at it costs 5 eps (energy per second), it's more than manageable.

Hi all, after being a long time MR25 lurker I've decided to post some feedback about our lovely Revenant! Thank you DE he's a nice addition to the toy-box! (This Post is already on the Revenant megathread, however as posts get lost in a sea of new posts it would be great to get some feedback about these ideas, also I've split out and added a Augment section). 

I've experimented with him and builds and this is how I would personally change him whilst keeping to the core DE vision of a Ghostly Eidolon Vampire Laser Fiend: 

Enthrall

Enthrall works well at the moment with the buff to 7 thralls being a good number. However where I feel the ability is getting clunky is where we have the two "linked" effects namely the shield drop and dps "pillar of light". The "pillar of light" disintegrate effect has a similar vibe to Oberon's augmented Hallowed Reckoning. Useful, but only when enemies are in close proximity and not reliable as damage due to teammates killing your thralls when spread out. 

1st change: On Kill, a pillar of eidolon energy erupts as normal. However instead of staying, the pillar would erupt for a split second then set enemies in a radius around the thrall alight with a "Eidolon Energy Burn Effect" I think this would work best as a Damage Over Time effect like a fire proc hitting enemies in a radius around the pillar. Good for skill based kills to maximise the DPS effect. Tag an enemy in the middle of the group then kill it to deal damage to enemies around it.  

2nd change: The disintegrate "pillar of fire" would spawn a ghostly vomvalyst projectile that seeks out any enemy survivors and gives them a good punch of dmg, possibly with a knockdown impact proc. This would be beneficial as other players killing thralls would actively contribute to DPS in the area. Also nice and Eidolon themed and Vomvalyst themed, also less eye burn with effect colours! 

Mesmer Skin

Mesmer skin works excellently at the moment, however it could use a minor tweak visually, maybe the "sleeping" enemies could grow ghostly eidolon energy tendrils out of them and if not enthralled they leave a "shield drop" when killed. Therefore this would create an active/passive element to Mesmer Skin to be tactically deployed when low on health/shields. Also for each charge of Mesmer Skin I think Revenant should become more "ghostly" and transparent to give players a visual cue of when the effect is active. 

Reave

Reave works ok, however I have a few tweaks to make it more interesting other than a buff to tweak the shield/health regen. For the visual effect, maybe it could be tweaked into a swarm of Vomvalysts doing their dash attack 🙂

1. "sleeping enemies" would now give double amounts of shield if dashed through. This would give a tactical use for Mesmer Skin providing much needed shields to a damaged Revenant. 

2. Enthralled enemies give the standard increase in shields/health as normal

3. Enemies suffering the "Eidolon Energy Burn" would give the effect of a radial burst of health regen to warframes in range maybe 3 seconds of healing or increased team shield regen. Teamwork effect and a skill base "timing" effect. 🙂 (The heal/shield burst healing comes from the idea of vomvalysts healing the Eidolon's on the PoE fights) 

Danse Macabre

Two minor changes: 

1st change would be that the eidolon lasers would converge and focus onto single enemies when "channelling" to do more DPS and also auto target the closest ground/aerial opponents. I'd also add the damage over time "Eidolon Energy Burn" effect with a change to proc per pulse of the beam. I think this change would work so that a player would choose to hit heavy enemies harder, whilst leaving the "spin beam" to mop up the squishy mob enemies. 

2nd change "sleeping enemies" and enthralled enemies would drop "shield pickups" to increase the amount of shield pickups. This could also be extended to affect Equinox's enemies under "sleep" and Ivara's "sleep arrow".  

Augment Ideas: 

Enthrall: "Enthralling Warden": Enthrall now casts a Vomvalyst ghost that exists for X duration, acting like a sentinel. The vomvalyst shoots enemies turning them into Thralls. 

Reave 1: "Energising Reave": Reave through 4 enthralled enemies and Revenant gains 1 charge back of Mesmer Skin and 25...50 energy (rank up effect). 

Reave 2: "Enthralling Reave" for each charge of Mesmer Skin active Revenant instantly Enthrall's enemies that he Reaves through, depleting the Mesmer skin charges per enemy hit. 

Mesmer Skin: "Mesmerizing Scream": activate Mesmer Skin as normal, when Mesmer Skin is re-cast Revenant lets out a bone chilling Eidolon scream, knocking enemies to the floor in a radius around him, for each charge of Mesmer Skin knocked down enemies take X % more damage for X amount of seconds. Synergy with Danse Macabre or weapons/melee for greater DPS whilst sacrificing survivability. 

Danse Macabre: "Awakening" When casting Danse Macabre Revenant summons a ghostly miniature Eidolon Teralyst that engages and attacks enemies with lasers and a stomp attack knocking them down in a radius around it for X duration (persists after Revenant stops Danse Macabre). Revenant looses the ability to "boost" the Danse Macabre lasers. CC affect for Revenant allowing the Eidolon Teralyst to taunt enemies and knock them prone for swift laser death.

New Passive Idea:

As my ideas above give Revenant new "knock down" effects, I would change the Passive to a new one aptly named...

"Warden of the Plains" for every 675 shields of his shields depleted Revenant summons a Vomvalyst ghost that dashes into enemies detonating and inflicting a radiation proc on them in a radius. 

Please give me your feedback on my ideas, I'd be interested to know if you think these changes could work or if you have a better idea to add to mine 🙂🙂

• Like 1

Il y a 7 heures, SenorClipClop a dit :

I'm a little confused with the Abilities tab at the moment. The cost of Danse Macabre is 20 Energy per second, but putting on just Streamline drops that cost to 10/sec. Last time I checked, 70% of 20 isn't 10. I'm not sure if the value hasn't been changed against modded values with the latest update, or what.

the nerf is not effective, the 4th ability is still at 12.2

Had to abort a solo defence in which I was having fun with his Enthrall because the game got confused as to whether enemies were cleared - they were, it was the tiny Grineer galleon map so there was nowhere one could have spawned that was hiding, but I did end up killing my thralls when I ran out of hostiles so that may have messed up the end-of-wave trigger condition.  This was before the hotfix, though I saw no mention of it in the notes.

I love it tho for me I think enthrall thralls should work like nekros shadows but only you can kill them and they don't count as the staff you have to kill in a defence mission

and for Mesmer skin I think it should have 1 - 2 sec gate where you can't be touched so the it isn't gone in 1 or 2 seconds  

P.S I love the augment Idea

Edited by onlyjokes

His 1&2&3 can all stay the way they are. What really needs to change is Danse Macabre.

1. Spinning all the time is incredibly ineffective in certain terrains
  2. He can't guide his 4th ability
  3. if one turn takes 1sec your basically killing his dps possibilities

Solution:

Make his 4th a guided ability using his left arm (because energy flow) emitting a guided beam (don't change dps values). On LMB use his 2nd arm to emit beams from his fingers and start turning in the process.

Keep his 4 the way it is now and he will be a Fodder Frame

hace 36 minutos, ShadowOptics dijo:

Mesmer Skin: "Mesmerizing Scream": activate Mesmer Skin as normal, when Mesmer Skin is re-cast Revenant lets out a bone chilling Eidolon scream, knocking enemies to the floor in a radius around him, for each charge of Mesmer Skin knocked down enemies take X % more damage for X amount of seconds. Synergy with Danse Macabre or weapons/melee for greater DPS whilst sacrificing survivability. 

Thing is, he has no survivability to sacrifice.  Mesmer skin works great when you have 3-4 enemies around, something that usually doesn't happen. recasting it every 4-5 seconds is not fun.

DE please please please get rid of friend fire for the thralls. Every time i get thralls my squad just kills them. I dont know if its to troll or becasue they dont realise its a thrall and just shoot blindly. They are essentially useless at this point. Also get rid of the time limit. These two things make enthrall pretty useless and i love revenant but only his 4th ability is actually useful to me. Of course the 2nd and 3rd ability are great and i love them too but enthrall needs some work.

As for revenant: Thralls die too quickly to be useful. As long as allies can kill them, they are useless.

Plus, since revenant has no ability that uses shields, unlike harrow, he (unlike harrow) has no use for overshields. Overshields are worthless past lvl 30. Either make purple shields gain at least a 50% dmg reduction, or change that to something else, like mesmer skin charges.

Speaking of mesmer skin, that's a weird mechanic for a horde game. Mesmer skin works exactly the same at lvl 1 than at lvl 1000, true, but it's still a bad ability. A bunch of enemies around you (what a weird ocurrence in this game amirite) can and will deplete it in mere seconds. That, tied to the long ass casting time, makes it a weird ability to use. A quick fix would be give revenant a 90% dmg reduction to shields during 30s after casting mesmer skin, PLUS a set number of charges to stun enemies. That alone gives players a reason to get shields, plus makes mesmer skin work much better than it does now.  To better fit the sentient theme, It should also give status immunity while shields are active.

As for Danse macabre, I almost like it as it is now. Just bump up the damage in accordance with the energy drain increase. You effectively reduced the viability of the ability for the sake of it not being "set and forget". Alright, fair enough. Make it drain hard, but make it hit even harder to compensate the losses.

for the passive, I really don't see it as useful. Too low range and doesn't fit the eidolon theme. Instead, something like getting a 30% resistance against the last type of damage that hits you could be more useful, and way more sentient than a radial fart when your shields go down.

5 minutes ago, -CM-NineFingers said:

Thing is, he has no survivability to sacrifice.  Mesmer skin works great when you have 3-4 enemies around, something that usually doesn't happen. recasting it every 4-5 seconds is not fun.

Thanks for the feedback 🙂 "Mesmerizing Scream" Is a situational augment idea, giving Revenant something akin to Excalibur with "Radial Blind" or "Radial Javelin" when crowded by enemies. The Augment would give a re-cast tactical optional for strong tactical effect when surrounded. You state that 're-casting is not fun' and that's true, look at the original 3 spam for desecrate on Nekros way back in the old days of warframe. Although no one would be forcing you to use it's re-cast benefit all the time 😋 

Also solo survivability is different to team survivability. It might not be a good choice for solo play but in an organised team that's different. Imagine having a Trinity ensuring the survival of the Revenant with timed "Bless" and giving you more "spam" potential against high level mobs by using "energy vampire" now that's where it would be useful and add to the team dynamic. 

hace 2 minutos, ShadowOptics dijo:

Thanks for the feedback 🙂 "Mesmerizing Scream" Is a situational augment idea, giving Revenant something akin to Excalibur with "Radial Blind" or "Radial Javelin" when crowded by enemies. The Augment would give a re-cast tactical optional for strong tactical effect when surrounded. You state that 're-casting is not fun' and that's true, look at the original 3 spam for desecrate on Nekros way back in the old days of warframe. Although no one would be forcing you to use it's re-cast benefit all the time 😋 

Also solo survivability is different to team survivability. It might not be a good choice for solo play but in an organised team that's different. Imagine having a Trinity ensuring the survival of the Revenant with timed "Bless" and giving you more "spam" potential against high level mobs by using "energy vampire" now that's where it would be useful and add to the team dynamic. 

My issue here is that it would require external help to be able to use it properly. Unless they make changes to mesmer skin like adding a flat damage reduction for the shields on a timer (which also gives a reason to gather shields and overshields) and keep the charges to stun enemies as a separate thing ], he already struggles to keep the ability up when there's more than 6-7 enemies around you, at higher levels, or just past 50-60, since he has low health pool and armor,  it would be too risky to use. You can already get oneshotted recasting it normally.

Otherwise I like the augment ideas, and love the reave changes you propose. Mesmer skin, tho... It's a difficult ability to make viable, and I dont think spawning more shields is really useful for anything, since there's no damage reduction or armor on them. Harrow can get away with shield gain abilities because he burns them for one ability, so gathering them is necessary. There's nothing of the likes for revenant.

4 minutes ago, -CM-NineFingers said:

My issue here is that it would require external help to be able to use it properly. Unless they make changes to mesmer skin like adding a flat damage reduction for the shields on a timer (which also gives a reason to gather shields and overshields) and keep the charges to stun enemies as a separate thing ], he already struggles to keep the ability up when there's more than 6-7 enemies around you, at higher levels, or just past 50-60, since he has low health pool and armor,  it would be too risky to use. You can already get oneshotted recasting it normally.

Otherwise I like the augment ideas, and love the reave changes you propose. Mesmer skin, tho... It's a difficult ability to make viable, and I dont think spawning more shields is really useful for anything, since there's no damage reduction or armor on them. Harrow can get away with shield gain abilities because he burns them for one ability, so gathering them is necessary. There's nothing of the likes for revenant.

Nice critique, you have given me an idea, how about a base change to the way Mesmer Skin works. e.g. for each charge of "mesmer skin" depleted, Revenant would gain X seconds of "evasion" giving him a window of opportunity to collect those lovely shield boosts and charge up on shield reducing the chance of him to take gunfire. Think of it working like Zephyr's "Turbulence". 🙂

hace 33 minutos, ShadowOptics dijo:

Nice critique, you have given me an idea, how about a base change to the way Mesmer Skin works. e.g. for each charge of "mesmer skin" depleted, Revenant would gain X seconds of "evasion" giving him a window of opportunity to collect those lovely shield boosts and charge up on shield reducing the chance of him to take gunfire. Think of it working like Zephyr's "Turbulence". 🙂

A grace period of 2-3s after every charge used is what people have been asking for since his release to be honest, It would be good. Still, no point in getting shield boosts, since they go down too quickly and doesn't have any kind of damage reduction. Shields as they are right now are too weak to have any real use, since at 40+ level enemies they can rekt 2k shields in a  couple shots.

So ... Revenant ... A sore subject if i know one! i'm writing here because i start a discussion while lvling it with pu and that was not really the best place to hold a discussion.

The frame is beautiful (i love it, people maybe don't meh i'm here to talk about me) the abilities are beautiful too animation wise (3's rework is good enough for me) that is good!

The abilities ... meh that is a difficult subject, his 4 have really good damage but is not really fun to use, it's like the old mesa's 4, her new one is better because you need to do something for it to work and to balance the weakness it has (immobility and reducing range), here nop, just run toward enemy and they die. Great killing tool, but the fun factor isn't really here either (and while the frame is "dancing" we the player arn't really doing anything so ... meh).

The 3 is a mobility tool, mobility tool are great, mobility tool are like a cherry on a cake, they bring us this extra thing that make the playstyle dynamic with a laut of jump somersault etc etc etc. But like all cherry on a cake, that need a cake ... and here it's barely a cookie! using it with the 4 is great (because like that you spend less energy going toward enemies that just "dancing" toward them). The 3 with the 4 is boosting a little bit the fun factor of the 4 ... a liiiiiiiiiitle bit. But otherwise meh again, regen is good but ... you have a LOT of mean to regen your hp, a LOT and they are superior in usability, the damage isn't too bad but % is % so lvl 1 or lvl 6000 it's 3 cast to kill, that is not really fun either.

the 2 hmm is useable, is powerfull (again life shield / charge shield, life shield = low lvl enemy will never break it but high lvl will os it, charge shield low lvl and high lvl will break it at the same rate) when i finally get the timing right it wasn't that clunky. Anyway, that is powerfull, but not too much, the thing is ... shield ... the fun factor in shield like that is 0!! Gara's shield is fun because you need to work to boost it, then you can rush toward enemies to damage them, but you have to work for that, Nezha's shield is good because it shield but again if you go in melee you can stun too, so you need to adapt your gameplay around that (i like to stun an enemy then one step out of range, then a step in and he is stun again, and again, and again) but here that is not what the player is doing that is using the shield, that is the mobs who, when they achieve the great feat of shooting you ... get stun. And to top it all, in warframe the damage of the mobs aren't really an issu, all of the frame can go fight really high lvl enemies without shield and it all work out! Shield is the type of ability that a frame get when you don't really know what to put in there.

His 1, humm, is great (yeah i know i have a lot to say and i start with great?) the idea isn't bad i think (even if eidolon mind control?) the number is enough (7 is good, 7 is a good number, voldemort made 7 horcrux) the pillar is a great idea and i love them! BUT and there is a but, when you play with other people they get killed, like fast ... like realllllly fast (my top while spaming the 1 during lvling at hydron was 5) and in warframe all mobs die fast. you can argue than at a high lvl they won't die that fast erm, for them to not die slow enough the lvl need to be so high that the pillars (the other part of this ability) will be useless, and then it's also the lvl when the thrall will ALSO be useless, mind control in warframe is a bad idea, because mobs don't do near enough damage to themselve, when you put side by side oberon (because oberon) with umbral fiber and vitality 1062 hp and 534 armor = 2950 ehp a bombard would os our oberon at lvl 178 (ogris damage is neutral on tenno and doing 2961) but at that lvl the bombard top 34 813 658 EHP so if you have 7 of this bombard they would need 1680 hit to kill one bombard (1680 each so 11 758 hit in total) they barely divert aggro on themselve too. So if ennemy is low lvl they get insta kill when thrall, if they are high lvl thrall are useless (and get insta kill by us anyway at lvl 178 that was just an exemple) pillars are fun but you cant have enough for them to be of use.

All in All (yeah that is the END) i love the frame (really do) but i don't have any use of it in group play (thrall die too fast, and there is a lot of frame with damage AND utility not like revenant) and in solo i love to play him during 10 minutes a day more or less, because he is not that fun (spin to win wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)

That was all i had to say i would love to read about your thought on the revenant and on my rant (please no hit, i'm cute and fragile, not a bombard)

good bye, and even if nobody read this that was therapeutic for me

edit : that is a repost of my redit rant

I believe DE would not fix there mistakes with Revenant as they have no time and no other resources to spend on him for more. Fortuna, Garuda, new events are coming and now they would not return to Revenant. They released him, he sucked (shields) and they will forget. Like Atlas. "Who cares? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

• Like 1

The energy consumption is just insane in ulti ... 20 it's really to much ... please come back with 12.5 ... maybe 15 but not 20 ... it's ... really insane ... we have no time to apreciate the ulti ... We have no fun with this frame now... nerf the damage but please come back in 12.5 ... Please... 

I really don't understand people who think that some of his powers are useless.
Revenant has his own style of gameplay, just like every warframe.
This is the very principle of having a variety of warframes, each one has its way of approaching the fights, some are obviously similar, but always nuanced.

As for Revenant, contrary to what I have read several times, his 1 is really not useless.
You can subdue seven enemies to your will ! What do you want more ?
The game will never put you in front of 7 heavy enemies at once.
And even if it happens, let's say that you meet 10 corrupt bombard in the same room. You have your charges of invulnerability, nothing can happen to you, you control a few, and you attack the rest, and everything will be fine, it's obvious.
You may not finish this fight in 3.5 sec, you may take 7 sec, so what ?

Just, I repeat again my wish to see a last change on his 1.
That we could control an enemy even if we already have 7 thralls.
That the 1st controlled be released.

As for the energy cost of his 4, if it can prevent some uses it statically in defense, I'm not against it.
This power is largely powerful enough to deal with all types of enemies.
It is perfectly normal that it is used as an ultimate is supposed to be used.
You see a big crowd of enemies, this is the ideal occasion, in 3 or 4 sec there is nothing left.

For the rest, it is a warframe that must remain mobile to preserve as much as possible its charges of invulnerability.

For this reason, it is true that the Reave activation time should be reworked.

Personally for Reave, I have several different and distinct ideas that would suit me.

1) Move this power to make it his roll, like the Limbo dash.
> It gives the opportunity to design a brand new 3.

2) Reworked activation time, and reworked mid-air use, to avoid being affected by gravity or a change in altitude of the terrain overflown.
(It would be good to change his pose when used in mid-air)

3) Make it slightly slower, and steerable in all directions.

( 4) Make it a spectral mode ability similar to vombalyst.)

For my Revenant, I started by adding a Naramon polarity, for the primed flow, and it seemed very good to me already.
Then, I wanted to make him more dynamic, with the mods Rush, and Natural Talent, so a 2nd foma was needed. And he's perfect, I've never felt so confident in any mission.
I have seen people put a lot more forma to equip umbra mods .. but .. what ?! Why ?! Useless, really, you're suffering from some kind of madness of power abuse..
It's puerile and ridiculous at this level..

il y a 27 minutes, Akayuki22 a dit :

The energy consumption is just insane in ulti ... 20 it's really to much ... please come back with 12.5 ... maybe 15 but not 20 ... it's ... really insane ... we have no time to apreciate the ulti ... We have no fun with this frame now... nerf the damage but please come back in 12.5 ... Please... 

NO, just, NO.
Nerf the damage ?!
Oh, and it's your first message in the forum.. ._.
I can understand to want a cost of 15 instead of 20, if it can please you, but if the feedback causes a damage nerf, the forum will burn ° - °

• Like 1