Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

23 hours ago, onlyjokes said:

I love it tho for me I think enthrall thralls should work like nekros shadows but only you can kill them and they don't count as the staff you have to kill in a defence mission

and for Mesmer skin I think it should have 1 - 2 sec gate where you can't be touched so the it isn't gone in 1 or 2 seconds  

P.S I love the augment Idea

you know, funny thing, that when you enthrall the last few enemies, which is capped at 7, they dont have to be killed, but instead the wave continue onto the next.

I did this in solo mode, so idk how it'll work in public matches.

The new warframe Revenant has an above average amount of shield. I thought, why not use that shield to scale the defensive ability.

-Make the stack of the skin scale with the amount of shield. eg. one stack of skin is 200 shield. 2000 shield is ten stacks.

-the amount of shield cost scale with efficiency. 

-this convert the shield bar into stack bar. eg. 10 stack= (shield)(health) => (----------)(health)

-each damage consume one stack and deal the normal effects

-cost one stack to remove a status proc

-activate the ability again to remove the skin and restore shield ( can be limited by having capping on refill amount eg. 50% shield)

why?

-to make use of the high amount of shield

-make [Redirection] useful 

-so you don't have to build for strength to make a tanky build

-open the frame to more build possibility 

thanks for reading ❤️

I have an idea for Revenant’s other abilities.

1. Make targeted enemy slave. Unlimited slave number.

2. Charge reflecting shield for the number of enemies around. The radius is influenced with ability range. Increased cast speed.

3. Take enemies’ shield and health. Take sone energy from the slaves. Decreased energy cost. (25)

4. No change from now

Edited by rmseka

Didnt read much of the previous comments, just wanted to be vocal about my opinion.

• Passive: similar to novas, a bit better cause you can easily knock melee mobs. Still not very interesting
  • 1st: i dont even know if it does anything at most times. If i and the rest of the squad stand still, than sure, the thralls do something. But in every other case, you cast it, it spreads to like 2-3 more, they die like they usually would and thats it. Interesting skill, but i feel like its on a wrong frame, or its thought out wrong.
  • 2nd: is this the useful one? its okay. again not sure how thematically it all works together, but it lets you use your 1st for free, which is useless, so there is that.
  • 3rd: this thing costs 75 energy to cast, lol the animation does feel a bit long, and it kind of feels useless. It doesnt do any damage, and you have you 2nd on most of the time, so you are either dead or you have mesmer skin on. So the ability has no point in the kit. You dont have any way to intentionally drain hp/shields and you already have 2nd as a good defensive ability.
  • 4th: the rave-enant, it looks cool. Thats it, its not ground breaking, there are plenty of high damaging 4th abilities from other frames, this one is just more flashy and more gimmicky. Cause supposedly killed thralls leave overshield pickups but, by the time you already cast 2nd so you can cast 1st for free and set everything up, everybody else will already be 5 rooms ahead. And gaining shields only works toward your passive, which isnt all that spectacular. 

TL;DR

The idea of a eidolon frame sounds great,it just isnt executed in the best way. There is little connection to the eidolons we fight in the plains and there is little synergy between the abilities themselves. 

If anybody asked for my input on the abilities,

it would require a lot of work with the entire frame.

Passive would be that your hp cant take dmg while you have shields, and the more shields you have the stronger your abilities are.

And than you try and go with the whole overshields pick up thing.

• 1st could be that after the thrall is killed it becomes a ghost, which has limited life span 
  • 2nd if you come in contact with the ghost thrall you gain a charge of mesmer skin, but it no longer stuns the enemy it just blinds him or does something else...i dont know.
  • 3rd thralls that come in contact with you become ghosts, and the ones that arent materialize again.
  • 4th ...stay as it is? 

Hope you like my ideas, or at least someone elses who might have better. Cause i would just love to see the streak of these hybrid frames (khora) be broken.

• Like 2

I don't own the revevant but by the stats what he got I can say he is an avarege warframe. Health wise he is mediocre, he have 105 armor which means he is squishy frame and his shields can be huge with a maxed redirection but we all know how the shields lose their own role when players go higher levels. His first ability is basically nyx chaos but not really the same maount and the thralls cannot reach huge numbers. Mesmer skin is interesting and something similar like iron skin. His third is most of the time seems useless and his ulti is nice and all but that energy cost is too high so it's own point to be attacker is drops because the energy cost reduce it's potential. He is squishy so that damage what his ult does is compensate him

• Like 2

Me again 😄
I have a question..
Why enemies stunned by Mesmer Skin, are not available for a finisher ?
I wanted to test with a dagger and Covert Lethality, and it does not matter, we simply attack the enemy as if he were not stunned ..
Which is very odd because he is as stunned as if he had been touched by the 1 of inaros..
I think people who think mesmer skin is not as good as Iron skin would be happy to see this kind of utility..
And even without think about them, it's just logical, that stunned enemies must be available for finisher. '-'

4 hours ago, LAWD said:

you know, funny thing, that when you enthrall the last few enemies, which is capped at 7, they dont have to be killed, but instead the wave continue onto the next.

I did this in solo mode, so idk how it'll work in public matches.

oh really thinks thats petty handy to know

His cast times needs to be decreased.

Passive

Revenant's shields take 50% less damage.

Enthrall :

Thralls gain 90% damage reduction ( to ally damage ), +100% movement & attack speed.

Movement and Attack Speed buff are affected by Power Strength. 

Pillar radius is also increased to 5 meters.

Mesmer Skin :

Mesmer Skin is applied to health. Works similar to Eidolon synovias , charges can be consumed when Revenant's shields are down. Damage to shields won't consume any charges.

When charges depleted , Revenant screeches like Eidolons and emits a radial blast that stuns all enemies for 3 seconds in 15 meters radius. Stun duration is not affected by duration but stun radius is affected by range.

Reave :

If Reave hits 5 or more enemies / thralls , it grants 2 Mesmer Skin charges and refunds half of spent energy.

Danse Macabre

Energy drain is set to 30 energy per sec but also empowered state becomes Danse Macabre's default function and no longer requires holding left-click.

Synergies ;

Enthrall - Thralls deal 20% of their health as damage in 10 meters radius when they are killed with Danse Macabre and grant Revenant and his allies overshields ( no longer requires grabbing overshield pickups )

Reave - If Reave hits 5 or more enemies / thralls while in Danse of Macabre , it refunds all energy spent on Reave.

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 1

I play Revenant as a support cc with a light splash of damage. I use double arcane enrgize and Danse Macabre to output maximum energy restore for my team while also applying cc by controlling mobs. You can use said mobs to cause splash damage vortexes which do a ton of damage when stacked together. If you killed 30 enemies together it would be equal to around a fully modded pyrana prime (300k dps). Buffing vortex damage would help a lot. Also allowing allies to restore their health or energy when enemies are killed by Danse Macabre sounds cool as well, who needs overshields because so many frames do this already...

i haven't read the whole tread, but a little thing that left me quite dumbfoubded is the spinning animation of revenant's ultimate power: the spinning translation movement reminds me more of a carillon ballerina rather than suggesting the reverence and the fear that eidolons cast upon players, especially when seen on teammates. 

Without altering the power's mechanics, the laser animation could be changed with the radial attacks that the Hydrolist does, while revenant moves freely, or the laser animation could be left untouched but maintaining the warframe in a new static cast animation, like umbra's one for radial blind or one reminding eidolons. 

As it is now, it just feels... kinda silly

17 hours ago, Drakontis said:

Danse Macabre is a great ability as it is, but it has some hiccups. You can't refresh your other abilities while you're using it. DE doesn't want it to be a "set and forget" power. The solution is to cancel both of these things out. Allow both Enthrall and Mesmer skin to be used during the ability. Along with that, because of the energy drain inherent in Danse, cut the ability cost to increase the synergy his abilities have with one another. This will allow you to stay in Danse Macabre while also staying an active part of the game. You'll be able to target dangerous or inconvenient mobs while spinning, such as Parasitic Eximi, Nox's or other such high priority targets. Being able to refresh Mesmer Skin will allow you to stay tanky without necessarily needing to rely on high health or shields.

Not to put too fine-a point on this, but that's the opposite of fixing set-and-forget... That's encouraging set-and-forget.

Being able to refresh the abilities means you don't have to come out of Danse Macabre, as does reducing the cost, and that's exactly what is being discouraged by DE.

DE's point was to stop you from using Danse Macabre constantly, so they make sure you can't refresh abilities and that the drain is enough that you can't stay in it without draining yourself out.

Just now, Thaylien said:

Not to put too fine-a point on this, but that's the opposite of fixing set-and-forget... That's encouraging set-and-forget.

Being able to refresh the abilities means you don't have to come out of Danse Macabre, as does reducing the cost, and that's exactly what is being discouraged by DE.

DE's point was to stop you from using Danse Macabre constantly, so they make sure you can't refresh abilities and that the drain is enough that you can't stay in it without draining yourself out.

Discouraging an inactive playstyle is one of the things DE does very often. Whether it's that Link Trinity exploit, nerfing Ember, or the Maiming meta. However, I think that encouraging an active playstyle while utilizing his abilities is a great way to go. We don't have a lot of warframes whose kits are varied enough that you don't need to use weapons on them. I can only think of a few. Nidus, Excalibur, and maybe Ivara, and even nidus benefits heavily from at least one weapon or using a melee weapon. I'd rather encourage a more active playstyle than nerfing one that still somewhat encourages an inactive one.

I've been playing a lot of Revenant, and one of the things I find myself wanting to do is to use my other abilities while Dansing. My personal playstyle is very very gun heavy, and finding a warframe that clicks and makes me want to use only his abilities is a pretty unique experience for me, but being hamstrung while trying to do that has been kind of frustrating. That's where the whole idea stems from. I want to be an active participant, but I don't want to have to stop spinning to do the things I still need to do as that warframe. 

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Reave needs a major cost reduction. It’s hard for an ability to be fun if you can only cast it like 5 times before running out of energy

yeah I agree I played him, and actually had some really good synergys, but I had to put on streamline to injoy him and, use zenurik, but he is really good , soloed hyron with a rank 15 with only efficiency mods on

Enthrall could be better. You can enthrall max of 7 right now. DE did this to make it fair since Nekros can have 7 shadows, the problem is how Entrall and Shadows of the Dead works and on which DE based it's increased cap.

Shadows of the Dead creates shadows of killed enemies, they are immune to ally damage but slowly lose health over time. Still, you can recast the Shadows of the Dead to restore health of shadows back to 100% and create new shadow if any was lost.

Enthrall thus feels like a joke. You can have max 7 as well, you don't even need to do much, it spreads on its own. Problem is that they are not immune to ally damage. Yes, synergy is nice, but Enthrall still feels lacking when compared with Shadows of the Death. Would be nice if you could actually have more than 7 enthralled enemies, could balance things out. If I remember correctly, dev stream mentioned cap of 20? What's wrong with having a small army of enthralled enemies which are still killable by allies?

Edited by CoreXCZ

5 minutes ago, aspeedninja said:

yeah I agree I played him, and actually had some really good synergys, but I had to put on streamline to injoy him and, use zenurik, but he is really good , soloed hyron with a rank 15 with only efficiency mods on

something they could do, is to make it so that reave gives energy too, so u can keep up your energy better, 

1 hour ago, Mr.Sgura said:

i haven't read the whole tread, but a little thing that left me quite dumbfoubded is the spinning animation of revenant's ultimate power: the spinning translation movement reminds me more of a carillon ballerina rather than suggesting the reverence and the fear that eidolons cast upon players, especially when seen on teammates. 

Without altering the power's mechanics, the laser animation could be changed with the radial attacks that the Hydrolist does, while revenant moves freely, or the laser animation could be left untouched but maintaining the warframe in a new static cast animation, like umbra's one for radial blind or one reminding eidolons. 

As it is now, it just feels... kinda silly

go to lua fight some sentients and you will see them spinning with lazers. its like people have forgotten that lua existed before PoE.

• Like 3

I would also like to see, them make reave more controllable, maybe make it so that u have limited directional control when u use it and make it so that u need to hold the button, and then u can release it earlier befor the set duration on the ability runs out so u can stop it at any time 

26 minutes ago, aspeedninja said:

something they could do, is to make it so that reave gives energy too, so u can keep up your energy better, 

Be nicer if they did it like Nidus' 1 (Virulence) - each enemy hit restoring 25% of the initial energy cost for Reave... Break even at 4, any extras = free energy

12 minutes ago, Khromm said:

Be nicer if they did it like Nidus' 1 (Virulence) - each enemy hit restoring 25% of the initial energy cost for Reave... Break even at 4, any extras = free energy

yeah that would work, but maybe its just a little to powerful, I donno 

Edited by aspeedninja