[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

I do have some feedback for Revenant:

• Increasing the Thrall cap for Enthrall to 10 and also add in a passive ability to where the longer enemies are enthralled then the higher the overshield drop becomes (up to a certain cap). This would promote more use of Enthrall overall and also make it a bit less tempting to kill them early on, and rewards players if they choose to wait with a higher overshield pickup bonus which could be useful in some situations. Also, potentially adding in the ability to charge Enthrall so that it can affect an enemy longer the longer it is charged and affect multiple enemies at once on cast (assuming they are grouped up together)
  • For Mesmer Skin I would love to see a bit more better video and audio cue as to when enemies become affected because in normal gameplay I cannot tell at all and improving on this would be a great help to players playing the frame in general
  • For Reave I would make it so that you can chain it together with parkour movement so that the mobility can be more useful and that depending on what type of enemy you are using Reave on then it will let you recover health (from Infested), shields (from Corpus), and buffs armor (from Grineer) for a short time based on duration. It gives the player more freedom to choose what they want and more variety
  • For Danse Macabre lower the energy cost to 18 /sec but also allow it to synergize with Enthrall pickups in that if you pick up the overshield buff then it will (slowly) convert overshields into sprint / movement speed for Danse Macabre and if you hold down left click then the sprint / movement speed slightly increases even more with also increasing the energy and overshield drain in return. This gives Revenant players a bit more ways to move around faster instead of having to rely on Reave all the time and also gives incentive for players to pickup the overshield buffs
Edited by Trizion
8 hours ago, LULAWS said:

Mesmer Skin

Absolutely any damage that doesn't come directly from an enemy or that comes from an immune enemy (such as Nullifiers) goes through it in full force, meaning Nullifiers and any units inside their bubbles are still able to destroy Revenant through the ability by totally bypassing it. Very inconsistent when compared with other defensive abilities.

Your mistaking two different glitches and thinking they are the same thing. When enemies are shooting you in side a Nullifier bubble they are exposing the issue with the way Mesmer Skin is coded.

When you get hit, you still lose a stack, but the counter will not update unless the damage is reflected back. Since the damage cant make it back, the stack gets whittled away without telling you. 

Edit: Actually the damage counter and the stack itself both update when the damage is reflected. So until they get to a curtain level (about level 105) they can't touch you with Mesmer skin on.  I guess they changed it in the last update. 

When you say '"full force" your getting one shotted right? Well sadly, that is more consistent than you realize. After confirming it with Nullifiers, Ballistas, and Napalms, I can say with 100% confidence, that if you get hit by something that can do single shot damage higher than your combined health and shields; Mesmer Skin will do nothing, regardless of your stack count, and you will instantly die. This mean that the ability will not work at high levels, and it the worst scaling defensive ability in the game. 

If you are playing Revenant past level 100, beware of Ballistas, they will be the first ones to break Mesmer Skin.  

Edited by VioletGoblin
New Info

Revenant's kit just does not work. He's supposed to be a minion frame but he sucks at taking minions and playing him is clunky.

All his skills synergize off killing minions but taking them is too slow. You have to take them one bye one, they die instantly, they spread to slowly, and the animation for it takes too long. Make it a AoE conversion a la Limbo's banish. Raise the minion cap to like 20 or something as Nekros's shadows are a poor measuring stick. Nekros's shadows CANNOT be killed by his teammates, he summons ALL 7 at once, they give him 90% DR and Nekros does not need to sacrifice his minions to have synergies with his other skills. Revenant should be able to take thralls other ways rather than just pressing. If Revenant kills an thrall with Reave or Dance Macabre they should conversion should spread on death a la spore kills by Miasama or a la the Resonnace augment. That would allow Revenant to print thralls while still on the move not having to stop moving and killing. 1 should be for starting the chain or converting enemies at range. This would incur a trickle down buffing all of his other skills.

Unnerf Dance Macabre. It's not even that good, the targeting sucks, you can't hit enemies 1cm above you and it's completely reliant on the tile set giving you a place to spin.The ONLY reason it's used so ad nauseam its because his other skills are are clunky and terrible. To put it simply it's only good because the rest of his skills are terrible with 3-5 second cast animations to do nothing. Revert the channel cost back to it's original number or increase the DMG of dancing to reflect the increased energy consumption.  

His one is a bad Smite from Oberon, his 2 his a bad iron skin, Reave is just tidal surge with a crushing blow gimmick that sucks, and Dance Macabre is a bad Blade Storm/Peace Maker (They all kill things in LoS by spinning your camera around). Reave % HP mechanic is interesting but killed by the clunkyness of his kit. Being able to kill any enemy is a set amount of hits is cool but when you factor in the time it takes to convert a thrall and Reave him 3 times Ash could have Fatal Teleported like 10 guys making Reave completely outclassed by Teleport which only costs 35 energy as opposed to 25(To enthrall) and a whopping 225 energy to Reave 3 times. So Teleport moves you further, does the same gimmick with 1/4 of the button pushes, and is functionally 5 times faster to execute. However if Enthrall was to be reworked to be AoE this would  remove like 75% of time it would take to utilize Reave. Also if Reave is an "escape skill" why does it have a 2 second delay before dashing when not in Dance Macabre? Remove the delay already. 

His Mesmer skin is what I like to call almost good. There just isn't enough synergy. It's current synergy is a poor concept. If I'm in a high level mission I'm not going wait for an enemy to hit me and consume a valuable Mesmer Armor charge especially when Mesmer Armor takes 5 seconds to cast. If I'm going to take a thrall I'm going to do it proactively before he can damage my armor. For the added Synergy increase the amount of Mesmer Armor charges by the amount of thralls you have. This would added some much needed Synergy to Mesmer Armor. Also Mesmer armor could do with a base charge buff, it's just a different flavor of Shatter Shield with the Stagger Shield Augment. Mesa already has a shield that stuns enemies that attack her except hers doesn't break after 6 uses. Granted it does not protect her from melee but still, Mesmer armor could be better considering other similar skills. Perhaps also buff the base charge amount to 10-12.

Lastly on to his passive. I've literally never noticed the proc, it's too small. If you want to keep the passive as is increase the radius. Or alternatively make it something different and more Eidolon-like because Eidolons don't knock you down when their shields break. Like getting proc'd makes you immune to procs of the same nature for 3-5 seconds a la sentient adaptation, turn whoever broke it into a thrall, or summon a Vomalyst on ground pound a la Hydroid's passive. Be creative or just buff the base effect.

TL:DR

1. Enthrall Changes: Cap raised to 10-20 (Maybe effected by power cap), and made AoE a la Banish.

2. Mesmer Armor: Increase the amount of charges by amount of thralls you have. So 6 thralls would be 6+6 for 12 charges.Maybe faster cast time and perhaps a increase of base charges to 10-12. 

3. Reave: Thralls killed by Reave spread their thrall enchantment upon death. Remove charge delay. Maybe allow to dash vertically. 

4: Dance Macabre: Thralls killed by Dance Macabre spread their thrall enchantment upon death. If you want to keep the ultra lame energy cost at least buff Dance Macabre's DMG to compensate. 

Passive: Useless as is, either buff it numerically with a much larger radius or go back to the drawing board. 

All of this should make Revenant more fluid to play by significantly reducing time to take thralls which should compensate for teammates kill them instantly.

PS:

If you've read this thanks for reading this wall of texts and please forgive me if I sound scathing in my review but I actually really like Revenant. You don't just write and essay about a frame you don't care about so kudos for making an enjoyable frame. 😇

I know ppl will hate me for saying this butt i think his 4 is OK.but i think that narrow-minded is a viable option, but at least when you hold charge button on his 4 you should have INCREASED his RANGE also. then people would putt narrow-minded all of us happy. well most of us😎

Edited by PaperKnight_
making bold underline on Charge

Just reporting a bug. Revenant's passive doesn't seem to trigger sometimes while Arcane Aegis is activated. Naturaly I mean after shields are downed and you've clearly taken health damage. I suspect the cause of this may be because a check isn't happening before the shields can be restored by Arcane Aegis. But I don't know what i'm talking about lol. Please investigate this.

1 hour ago, VioletGoblin said:

If you are playing Revenant past level 100, beware of Ballistas, they will be the first ones to break Mesmer Skin.  

She would, if a Hyeeka Master don’t one shot him first with her Fire Grenade.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NEUDRIVER101 said:

Just reporting a bug. Revenant's passive doesn't seem to trigger sometimes while Arcane Aegis is activated. Naturaly I mean after shields are downed and you've clearly taken health damage. I suspect the cause of this may be because a check isn't happening before the shields can be restored by Arcane Aegis. But I don't know what i'm talking about lol. Please investigate this.

Could be that there's a minimum amount of shields that must go down so it can trigger? Or that theres a cooldown?

Idk either way feels bad for the idea and suggestion I had.

But I'm still voting for reduced damage to shields as his passive. 

In addition to the suggestion of Mesmer Skin only applying to health damage, this would bs amazing.

• Like 1

While i was Testing him in the Simulacrum Earlier, i noticed Mesmer Skin’s Stun works on the Ambulas. So it’s possible to just stand there and shoot at a lvl 120 Ambulas until it dies. Not sure if this is going to stay but it’s makes him a frame you want to use if you want to facetank Ambulas. 

Edited by VPrime96

Passive: 

How about... 10-15% damage to shields gets redirected to your Thralls, increased with Power Strength, capping at 90%.

Enthrall: 

Don't let the Thrall cap hold you back from casting it again: if you're at cap, Enthralling further targets will release the oldest ones. 

Mesmer Skin:

Make it auto-Enthrall. The stun is literally worthless. Let this ability be refreshable. 

Reave:

Make its range and percentage figures scale with Power Strength and Range. Have it harvest loot off of struck enemies. Needs casting invulnerability, too. 

Danse Macabre:

Make each damage tick from it compound 2-3% of enemies' max hp on top of current damage figures.

I've gone on lengthy rants earlier expressing precisely why I've proposed these changes. This post just lists the takeaways in a streamlined format in the hopes that it, not being a big scary essay, won't scare away any DE eyes if they happen to read this far back in the thread. 

• Like 1

Everything here is a good suggestion, but I think I have a better idea and solution to the enthralled minions.

Instead of making the enthralled minions invincible, make it so when they die, they leave behind a ghost version of themselves that lasts a percentage of the duration of enthrall, this ghost works exactly like an enthralled minion, except it does not take a slot of enthrall and is immune to ally damage (kinda like nekros shadows of the dead).

The idea behind this is that your thralls dying is inevitable due to teammates, but why reject killing an enemy when you can kill it and get your synergy buffs, WITHOUT sacrificing any of the advantages of having a thrall minion by leaving behind a ghost.

It also lines up with the theme of revenant, its basically like the vomvalysts, if you kill their physical form they turn into their ghost form.

Revenant Rework

Preface:

I know he was just released, but I thought I would put my ideas out there.

My interpretation of Sentients is that they are extremely adaptable to a situation, both offensively and defensively by switching modes.
They also appear to be able to aid one another in a group manner and provide boons to their comrades. 

Goals: 

- Enhance/Maintain the Sentient aesthetic and stay relatively close to the original interpretation.
- Introduce minimally invasive mechanics from an implementation perspective, that scale into "late game".
- Improve Ability/kit cohesion to feel more fluid and non-contentious with teammates.

Current Issues:

- Revenant's mind control mechanic (1) is low impact, low reward, thralls die easily to friendly fire and maintaining them has little impact on encounters themselves
- Revenant provides little to his team other than dps in the form of his 4 (which is fine, but leaves him feeling like a one trick pony)
- Revenant's 2 ability feels uninteractive. The cc is useful for survivability but doesn't feel aesthetically "sentient"
- Revenant's 3 ability doesnt feel like an appropriate way to sustain himself, does not scale well and doesnt inherently feel "sentient"

Proposed Changes/Reworks:

Passive: Sentient Mechanic

For each Sentient under Revenant's control, Revenant's abilites are enhanced as he gathers sentient energy to reform his body (maximum 100).
    Revenant can also change the focus of his sentient energy, protecting himself from damage types, or adapting to his enemies defenses.

Abilites:

- (1) Enthrall: Convert a target into a thrall. Thralls turn on their allies and enthrall other enemies through damage. On death, thralls become vomvalysts
    that continue to attack enemies. (This portion could be converted to a Augment) Nearby vomvalysts heal Revenant over time while he is in Defensive mode.
    Thralls and vomalysts remain under Revenant's spell until this ability runs out.  

- (2) Mesmer Skin: (35s base duration) While in Defensive mode, for each Sentient under Revenant's control, Revenant gains stacking health, shield, and an adaptive % damage reducion buff. Damage reduction increases based on the type of damage recieved and resets upon the ability ending, Note: this could also be simple Armor for easier implementation.
     While in Offensive mode, Revenant gains a stacking adaptive damage type bonus based on the defence of the target he is attacking.
    (stacks scale with power strength)

Conditions:
    (requires a minimum of 1 Sentient under his control to cast)

- (3) Coalescence: (Channel ability) Sentient energy infused in thralls and vomalysts coalesce into a Battalyst that gains health, shields, damage and armor based on the number of infused targets (influenced by power strength, releases thralled targets). In Defensive mode, the battalyst will orbit and stay close to Revenant providing
    damage reduction that is redirected to the battalyst (affected by power strength) and passive shield regeneration up to overshield cap to revenant and nearby allies (affected by range). While in Offense mode, the battalyst will seek targets with extreme prejudice.

This ability maintains the Sentient count of those infused into the Battalyst and are lost upon death or release of the battalyst. This is meant to preserve buffs and provide an incentive for maintaining the sentient count.

Conditions:
    (requires a minimum of 3 sentients under his control to cast)

Pressing this ability again infuses new thralls and vomvalysts into the battalyst while holding it again will deconstruct the battalyst.  

- (4) Reconstruction: Hold to swap between Defensive Configuration and Offensive Configuration. (Channel ability) Pressing this ability in Offense mode activates Danse Macabre with the original implemenation but damage, and range scale with the number of sentients under revenant's control.
     In Defense mode, Revenant cries out for the aid of sentients under his control (like a Teralyst) sending out shockwaves that cause magnetic procs on shielded enemies, corrosive to armored, and disorient/stun enemies for 5 seconds (effected by range)  and give a speed boost, damage reduction, health/shield regen to allies that persist for 20 seconds base (effected by power strength and duration).

Conditions:
    Activating these abilities requires a minimum of 5 sentients under the control of Revenant and consumes 5 sentients upon use.   

If you got to the end, thanks for reading, I'd like some feedback.    🙂

Edited by D1v1ne
Il y a 9 heures, Madway7 a dit :

Just realised that if Mesmer Skin only applied to health he might be the only warframe that makes Arcane Aegis worth using. 

Arcane Aegis is amazing on frame that their %DR is working on shield like Gara.. It is like auto regening so much EHP 

• Like 1

I have an idea for fixing enthrall.

When an enthralled enemy dies, they leave behind a ghost version of themselves that works exactly like an enthralled enemy, except it doesn't take up a thrall slot and is alive for a percentage of the remaining duration. 

This way your enthrall will actually spread even if your teammates kill them all, and it also means your other 3 ability synergies can be actually used without the downside of, "oh I just killed my thralls". So there is actually benefit instead of sacrifice for killing thralls with your abilities.

I have an idea for fixing enthrall.

When an enthralled enemy dies, they leave behind a ghost version of themselves that works exactly like an enthralled enemy, except it doesn't take up a thrall slot and is alive for a percentage of the remaining duration. 

This way your enthrall will actually spread even if your teammates kill them all, and it also means your other 3 ability synergies can be actually used without the downside of, "oh I just killed my thralls". So there is actually benefit instead of sacrifice for killing thralls with your abilities.

This all stems from the idea of vomvalysts, since vomvalysts leave behind their ghost form if you kill their physical form, this idea sticks with the eidolon theme of revenant and would not be out of place at all.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, birdobash said:

Everything here is a good suggestion, but I think I have a better idea and solution to the enthralled minions.

Instead of making the enthralled minions invincible, make it so when they die, they leave behind a ghost version of themselves that lasts a percentage of the duration of enthrall, this ghost works exactly like an enthralled minion, except it does not take a slot of enthrall and is immune to ally damage (kinda like nekros shadows of the dead).

The idea behind this is that your thralls dying is inevitable due to teammates, but why reject killing an enemy when you can kill it and get your synergy buffs, WITHOUT sacrificing any of the advantages of having a thrall minion by leaving behind a ghost.

It also lines up with the theme of revenant, its basically like the vomvalysts, if you kill their physical form they turn into their ghost form.

This would certainly work, as well as having a similar aesthetic to the ghosts that are made by the Ballistica Prime. Would give you the opportunity to consume them with Reave or Danse Macabre. 

Revenant Rework

Preface:

I know he was just released, but I thought I would put my ideas out there.

My interpretation of Sentients is that they are extremely adaptable to a situation, both offensively and defensively by switching modes.
They also appear to be able to aid one another in a group manner and provide boons to their comrades. In this rework I will try to capitalize on that theme.

Goals: 

- Enhance/Maintain the Sentient aesthetic and stay relatively close to the original interpretation.
- Introduce minimally invasive mechanics from an implementation perspective, that scale into "late game".
- Improve Ability/kit cohesion to feel more fluid and non-contentious with teammates.

Current Issues:

- Revenant's mind control mechanic (1) is low impact, low reward, thralls die easily to friendly fire and maintaining them has little impact on encounters themselves
- Revenant provides little to his team other than dps in the form of his 4 (which is fine, but leaves him feeling like a one trick pony)
- Revenant's 2 ability feels uninteractive. The cc is useful for survivability but doesn't feel aesthetically "sentient"
- Revenant's 3 ability doesnt feel like an appropriate way to sustain himself, does not scale well and doesnt inherently feel "sentient"

Proposed Changes/Reworks:

Passive: Sentient Mechanic

For each Sentient under Revenant's control, Revenant's abilites are enhanced as he gathers sentient energy to reform his body (maximum 100).
    Revenant can also change the focus of his sentient energy, protecting himself from damage types, or adapting to his enemies defenses.

Abilites:

- (1) Enthrall: Convert a target into a thrall. Thralls turn on their allies and enthrall other enemies through damage. On death, thralls become vomvalysts
    that continue to attack enemies. (This portion could be converted to a Augment) Nearby vomvalysts heal Revenant over time while he is in Defensive mode.
    Thralls and vomalysts remain under Revenant's spell until this ability runs out.  

- (2) Mesmer Skin: (35s base duration) While in Defensive mode, for each Sentient under Revenant's control, Revenant gains stacking health, shield, and an adaptive % damage reducion buff. Damage reduction increases based on the type of damage recieved and resets upon the ability ending, Note: this could also be simple Armor for easier implementation.
     While in Offensive mode, Revenant gains a stacking adaptive damage type bonus based on the defence of the target he is attacking.
    (stacks scale with power strength)

Conditions:
    (requires a minimum of 1 Sentient under his control to cast)

- (3) Coalescence: (Channel ability) Sentient energy infused in thralls and vomalysts coalesce into a Battalyst that gains health, shields, damage and armor based on the number of infused targets (influenced by power strength, releases thralled targets). In Defensive mode, the battalyst will orbit and stay close to Revenant providing
    damage reduction that is redirected to the battalyst (affected by power strength) and passive shield regeneration up to overshield cap to revenant and nearby allies (affected by range). While in Offense mode, the battalyst will seek targets with extreme prejudice.

This ability maintains the Sentient count of those infused into the Battalyst and are lost upon death or release of the battalyst. This is meant to preserve buffs and provide an incentive for maintaining the sentient count.

Conditions:
    (requires a minimum of 3 sentients under his control to cast)

Pressing this ability again infuses new thralls and vomvalysts into the battalyst while holding it again will deconstruct the battalyst.  

- (4) Reconstruction: Hold to swap between Defensive Configuration and Offensive Configuration. (Channel ability) Pressing this ability in Offense mode activates Danse Macabre with the original implementation but damage, and range scale with the number of sentients under Revenant's control.
     In Defense mode, Revenant cries out for the aid of sentients under his control (like a Teralyst) sending out shockwaves that cause magnetic procs on shielded enemies, corrosive to armored, disorient/stun enemies for 5 seconds (effected by range) and give a speed boost, damage reduction, health/shield regen to allies that persist for 20 seconds base (effected by power strength and duration).

Conditions:
    Activating these abilities requires a minimum of 5 sentients under the control of Revenant and consumes 5 sentients upon use.   

If you got to the end, thanks for reading, I'd like some feedback.   🙂

Edited by D1v1ne

Thralls, vomvalysts, and the battalyst are considered sentients under his control. Each thrall would be 1 sentient, same for vomvalysts, the battalyst could be any number of "sentients" as he is the infused version of several of the aforementioned sentients.

OK, my problem is i have the mask and it's already on my operator face, but when i did Nakak's mini-quest which it suppose to be at night in the Plains of Eidolon i think i did like jus one portion of the quest. You know when you check you map and see there is a pinpoint for you a small white cyrcle that you have to go there and check it out. So for me there is nothing that shows me where to go on the map. idk what's goin on, but iv'e tried like twice and i had to check every lake for nothing. If you would please check on this one i would really appreciate it

thanx,

DaWitcheR.

Edited by DaWitcheR

My only continuing issue is that the frame has 0 damage capability when an enemy is simply standing up a set of stairs, why? Danse macabre is a very poorly thought out gimmick of an ability, sure it does decent damage but most of the time enemies aren't completely surrounding me so it's a waste of energy and I can't simply aim upwards.

imo it needs a drastic change especially with more open world environments where enemies are spread out over different terrain heights and not tightly grouped - it's generally ineffective.

Edited by Droopsie
clarification

Personally I think danse macabre massively suffers when enemies are at different heights, especially on the hills in the plains where enemies are dotted all over the place which is slightly concerning since we are getting more open world focused, any thoughts on this? It also looks like in the last update it sweeps a wider vertical angle, which just makes it even harder to hit my intended target when i'm not surrounded by enemies at the same height.

After testing him in different situation, I find Revenant not team-friendly, and not that attractive compared to other frames (kind of underwhelming). My suggestions to make him shine:

-----1) Enthralled enemies should just clearly take the aggro in a radius (the enemy treat them as a superior threat), and enemies attacking them get contaminated this way.

-----2) Mesmer Skin should be castable on allies if aimed.

-----3) Reave should heal health & regen energy (instead of shield that only Corpus have), because Revenant is a energy hole. It should also allow to dash above the ground (similarly to Excalibur's Dash).

-----4) Danse Macabre limitations & energy cost are not fair. Either we need an efficient way to generate energy (see suggestion above for Reave), or the cost should be reduced a lot. The power itself doesn't justify such drain. It doesn't protect us from damage, has 0 crowd-control, cannot hit enemies above and not in line of sight, and is outdone by many DPS powers of other frames. We should also be able to vaguely direct the rays up and down with our aim. Maintain the button should not increase damage, but rather the rotation speed, and make us fly off vertically, slowly (epic!). This would be waaaay more fun and interesting gameplay-wise than a DPS boost.

That's all for me. Thank you for your consideration. ;)

Edited by Yaerion