[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

17 hours ago, Drakontis said:

Danse Macabre is a great ability as it is, but it has some hiccups. You can't refresh your other abilities while you're using it. DE doesn't want it to be a "set and forget" power. The solution is to cancel both of these things out. Allow both Enthrall and Mesmer skin to be used during the ability. Along with that, because of the energy drain inherent in Danse, cut the ability cost to increase the synergy his abilities have with one another. This will allow you to stay in Danse Macabre while also staying an active part of the game. You'll be able to target dangerous or inconvenient mobs while spinning, such as Parasitic Eximi, Nox's or other such high priority targets. Being able to refresh Mesmer Skin will allow you to stay tanky without necessarily needing to rely on high health or shields.

Not to put too fine-a point on this, but that's the opposite of fixing set-and-forget... That's encouraging set-and-forget.

Being able to refresh the abilities means you don't have to come out of Danse Macabre, as does reducing the cost, and that's exactly what is being discouraged by DE.

DE's point was to stop you from using Danse Macabre constantly, so they make sure you can't refresh abilities and that the drain is enough that you can't stay in it without draining yourself out.

Just now, Thaylien said:

Not to put too fine-a point on this, but that's the opposite of fixing set-and-forget... That's encouraging set-and-forget.

Being able to refresh the abilities means you don't have to come out of Danse Macabre, as does reducing the cost, and that's exactly what is being discouraged by DE.

DE's point was to stop you from using Danse Macabre constantly, so they make sure you can't refresh abilities and that the drain is enough that you can't stay in it without draining yourself out.

Discouraging an inactive playstyle is one of the things DE does very often. Whether it's that Link Trinity exploit, nerfing Ember, or the Maiming meta. However, I think that encouraging an active playstyle while utilizing his abilities is a great way to go. We don't have a lot of warframes whose kits are varied enough that you don't need to use weapons on them. I can only think of a few. Nidus, Excalibur, and maybe Ivara, and even nidus benefits heavily from at least one weapon or using a melee weapon. I'd rather encourage a more active playstyle than nerfing one that still somewhat encourages an inactive one.

I've been playing a lot of Revenant, and one of the things I find myself wanting to do is to use my other abilities while Dansing. My personal playstyle is very very gun heavy, and finding a warframe that clicks and makes me want to use only his abilities is a pretty unique experience for me, but being hamstrung while trying to do that has been kind of frustrating. That's where the whole idea stems from. I want to be an active participant, but I don't want to have to stop spinning to do the things I still need to do as that warframe. 

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Reave needs a major cost reduction. It’s hard for an ability to be fun if you can only cast it like 5 times before running out of energy

yeah I agree I played him, and actually had some really good synergys, but I had to put on streamline to injoy him and, use zenurik, but he is really good , soloed hyron with a rank 15 with only efficiency mods on

Enthrall could be better. You can enthrall max of 7 right now. DE did this to make it fair since Nekros can have 7 shadows, the problem is how Entrall and Shadows of the Dead works and on which DE based it's increased cap.

Shadows of the Dead creates shadows of killed enemies, they are immune to ally damage but slowly lose health over time. Still, you can recast the Shadows of the Dead to restore health of shadows back to 100% and create new shadow if any was lost.

Enthrall thus feels like a joke. You can have max 7 as well, you don't even need to do much, it spreads on its own. Problem is that they are not immune to ally damage. Yes, synergy is nice, but Enthrall still feels lacking when compared with Shadows of the Death. Would be nice if you could actually have more than 7 enthralled enemies, could balance things out. If I remember correctly, dev stream mentioned cap of 20? What's wrong with having a small army of enthralled enemies which are still killable by allies?

Edited by CoreXCZ
5 minutes ago, aspeedninja said:

yeah I agree I played him, and actually had some really good synergys, but I had to put on streamline to injoy him and, use zenurik, but he is really good , soloed hyron with a rank 15 with only efficiency mods on

something they could do, is to make it so that reave gives energy too, so u can keep up your energy better, 

1 hour ago, Mr.Sgura said:

i haven't read the whole tread, but a little thing that left me quite dumbfoubded is the spinning animation of revenant's ultimate power: the spinning translation movement reminds me more of a carillon ballerina rather than suggesting the reverence and the fear that eidolons cast upon players, especially when seen on teammates. 

Without altering the power's mechanics, the laser animation could be changed with the radial attacks that the Hydrolist does, while revenant moves freely, or the laser animation could be left untouched but maintaining the warframe in a new static cast animation, like umbra's one for radial blind or one reminding eidolons. 

As it is now, it just feels... kinda silly

go to lua fight some sentients and you will see them spinning with lazers. its like people have forgotten that lua existed before PoE.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

go to lua fight some sentients and you will see them spinning with lazers. its like people have forgotten that lua existed before PoE.

Or maybe the Sentients in Lua gets killed before they see the Animation.

I would also like to see, them make reave more controllable, maybe make it so that u have limited directional control when u use it and make it so that u need to hold the button, and then u can release it earlier befor the set duration on the ability runs out so u can stop it at any time 

26 minutes ago, aspeedninja said:

something they could do, is to make it so that reave gives energy too, so u can keep up your energy better, 

Be nicer if they did it like Nidus' 1 (Virulence) - each enemy hit restoring 25% of the initial energy cost for Reave... Break even at 4, any extras = free energy

12 minutes ago, Khromm said:

Be nicer if they did it like Nidus' 1 (Virulence) - each enemy hit restoring 25% of the initial energy cost for Reave... Break even at 4, any extras = free energy

yeah that would work, but maybe its just a little to powerful, I donno 

Edited by aspeedninja
2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

This is true, Sentient Battlelyst spin but they have no lasers while Conculyst lock down their bodies and cause their Sentient core to spin releasing lasers in an imitation of Mirage's Disco Ball. Course, neither of those are Eidolons which are specifically the creature type that Revenant draws from, and in fact are Hunhow Shards. None of the Eidolons show abilities directly similar to Revenant, the Eidolon warframe's abilities in fact. Its important to note that while the Eidolons are still Sentient, alive or undead so to speak, they are not their original Sentient, and in fact that entity is very dead; mind annihilated by that Void Bomb Gara decoyed into the giant Sentient's core. On top of that, neither original Sentient or Eidolons have showed any ability to mind control organics or even Technocyte as Revenant seems focused around.

• Like 1

I know people are upset about how expensive the 4 is, but for my 2 pennies, I'm ok with it not being a fire and forget ability. That said, I think some level of compromise might be it starting less expensive then growing in cost per second. Overrun and need to clear some enemies? Dance a little jig and clear the room. But also ditch the ability to turn it on and take a nap. 

My bigger things right now are the passive and the dash. 

If we're moving away from the vampire thing, could the passive move closer to the sentient adaptability thing? Even just a small resistance towards most recent incoming elemental damage types would be fun and useful.  Or do the color thing and get a resistance to an element based on the color of your energy.

As the dash interacts with the thralls, any chance we could take it a step further? Maybe when you ghost through an enemy that is stunned from the shield ability could be enthralled to help get and maintain thralls? They get eaten alive pretty quickly, would be nice to have another way to help maintain those numbers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Urlan said:

This is true, Sentient Battlelyst spin but they have no lasers while Conculyst lock down their bodies and cause their Sentient core to spin releasing lasers in an imitation of Mirage's Disco Ball. Course, neither of those are Eidolons which are specifically the creature type that Revenant draws from, and in fact are Hunhow Shards. None of the Eidolons show abilities directly similar to Revenant, the Eidolon warframe's abilities in fact. Its important to note that while the Eidolons are still Sentient, alive or undead so to speak, they are not their original Sentient, and in fact that entity is very dead; mind annihilated by that Void Bomb Gara decoyed into the giant Sentient's core. On top of that, neither original Sentient or Eidolons have showed any ability to mind control organics or even Technocyte as Revenant seems focused around.

other way around on the names and what they do 

side note Theme for Revenant was Vampire + Sentient 

Anyways some changes I hope to see effect rev 

1st ablity be able to either entrall more at once or have more resistance to Non rev players (Preferred if enthralls get the same effect as Nyx's MC target where damage is accumlated from FF rather than done at moment) 

Mesmar skin simply needs a time gate (Like 2-3 seconds,maybe effected by mods)

Reave simply need sped up on the animation (So it's more akin to Hydroid's in terms of beginning to end) 

Dance of death simply needs more damage due to the energy cost increase and maybe something else

27 minutes ago, robby2074 said:

other way around on the names and what they do 

side note Theme for Revenant was Vampire + Sentient 

Anyways some changes I hope to see effect rev 

1st ablity be able to either entrall more at once or have more resistance to Non rev players (Preferred if enthralls get the same effect as Nyx's MC target where damage is accumlated from FF rather than done at moment) 

Mesmar skin simply needs a time gate (Like 2-3 seconds,maybe effected by mods)

Reave simply need sped up on the animation (So it's more akin to Hydroid's in terms of beginning to end) 

Dance of death simply needs more damage due to the energy cost increase and maybe something else

Lmao time gate of even 2s means minimum of like 20s pure invincibility. Not sure how I feel about that.

Maybe 0.5s gate time would be more balanced.

Revenant's Thralls die way to easily. It takes a few seconds for Entrall to turn an enemy into a Thrall often resulting in the enemy dying before Entrall takes effect. Though this isn't the main problem.

The main problem is that Thralls don't restore health once they become Thralls and allies can't tell the difference enough to not attack them (heck, people still try to attack Nekros' Shadows of the Dead). This causes Thralls to die by ally hands before the Thrall can do anything over 90% of the time (unless you're in a completely separate room). I'm not saying make the Thralls invincible, but having it where only the Revenant that is controlling them can kill them prematurely would be much appreciated. It gets really annoying spamming Entrall just to watch your ally, who's going on a melee killing spree with a polearm, kill the Thrall a half-second later.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToonDude X99 said:

this might be a dumb idea but what if instead of its passive knocking down enemies on shield depletion it turns revenant into a wisp like figure like the little sentients on the plains and in doing so makes him immune for a short while allowing him to have more survivability?...

Ravenant is already pretty darn tanky because of mesmer skin. 

Enthrall: it needs to go, its way too similar to nyx's 1 and teammates still can kill the thralls, replace it with a geyser that spawns some kind of vomvalyst 

Mesmer: it needs to be changed, it is way too annoying to use and isnt viable at all. Could have a aoe around Revenant that causes magnetic but also boosts teammates shields 

Reave: needs to go faster and have less energy cost plus if dashing through enemies give a boost to damage while keeping the health steal

Danse Macabre: keep it but change it so you can control the lazers with left or right click, causing it to go up and down at no cost (seriously, its terrible when enemies are above you and you have to take a stair case to go to them without canceling 4)  

Edited by Becson

after the nerf tweak to the new warframe, I found the problem lies in the thralls.

the thralls are useless in public because they can be easily killed by teammates. 

the second and third ability can be improved. but the thralls is the real problem.

the skin should be recastable. let it be a QoL change or in an augment. or make it scale with shield instead with power strength. this allow flexibility in builds.

Reave need visual change ASAP. the wall of mist is unimpressive and 'blocky'. Aside from horrible visual and long animation, the ability serves as filler and abit of healing.

(by filler I mean it's just there to complete the set of abilities and not totally useful *cough* *cough* *nyx's physic bolt* *cough*)

I have no problem with the ultimate. it looks good. deal damage. if you want to use it, build for it.

I understand the dev-team is working hard to bring us Fortuna but giving us a half-arse frame, saddens me. the Mask of the Revenant should've been released when it is completely thought through. preferably release along the Odachi and Melee 3.0.

love

tenno

2 hours ago, (XB1)ToonDude X99 said:

this might be a dumb idea but what if instead of its passive knocking down enemies on shield depletion it turns revenant into a wisp like figure like the little sentients on the plains and in doing so makes him immune for a short while allowing him to have more survivability?...

I was thinking make it so that when you are downed your frame is lying there waiting to be revived but you become an invulnerable wisp like the vomvolyst for some time. you can move around and shoot laser at enemies. 

Edited by trigon360
forgot to include the last sentance
Il y a 2 heures, Leqesai a dit :

Lmao time gate of even 2s means minimum of like 20s pure invincibility. Not sure how I feel about that.

Maybe 0.5s gate time would be more balanced.

Rhino's 2, Mesa's 3, Zephyr's 3 and Gara's 2 would like a word with you. If we put aside rhino and talk strickly from the other 3's perspective, their defensive buffs all give them essentially invincibility for 20+ sec at base duration. Also, unlike with the frames I listed, nullifiers' weapons ignore Mesmer Skin completely. Also, the ability gives a puny amount of 6 charges to Rev, even at 3sec of timegate per charge, that's only 18 sec of defense. Nothing OP about it.

il y a 59 minutes, Leqesai a dit :

Ravenant is already pretty darn tanky because of mesmer skin. 

Until you get attacked by burst/high fire rate weapons from multiples enemies at once which essentially happens ALL the time in a horde shooter game such as WF. 

Edited by VieuxPappy
  • Like 2