Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

1 minute ago, MarrikBroom said:

A. Sorry. It looked like you weren't. My bad. 

Looks-wise I like revenant. I love his shotgun. He has a lot of potential and he'sfun in bursts, but i just see how you could make his kit better. I mean... thoughts n my balance idea of his 4 to avoid top spin nuke everywhere all map?

I had a different thought process on his 4. To encourage moving around instead of map sweeping by remaining in place, he has his lasers locked to a shield bubble like the Gantulyst. In exchange for the now loss of range, he uses the shield to reduce incoming damage from outside the bubble. This makes it a support ability by shielding allies, but also encourages actual moving play by making sure you have to stay mobile if you want to kill everything with it.

Just now, MarrikBroom said:

I like that. Make the shield dome have something like the combined health of all the enemies inside of it. 

I like it but that would encourage 'press 4 to win' behavior as the devs call it. Which is weird given they made the ability in the first place and now act all sneery/disgusted players use it. wat?

Well that's the thing. High damage and Damage reduction from far off enemies but keep the channeling rate high so it costs a lot for mobility. As it stands currently, even with the increased cost and a heavily reduced range build, you can still sweep an entire room from one spot. The idea of this ability is to correct that to a small field of death with high cost but many uses tactically.

The ability design is a bit weird in the first place, but I do like the idea.

19 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

A. Sorry. It looked like you weren't. My bad. 

Looks-wise I like revenant. I love his shotgun. He has a lot of potential and he'sfun in bursts, but i just see how you could make his kit better. I mean... thoughts n my balance idea of his 4 to avoid top spin nuke everywhere all map?

*facepalm* 

Agree about Revenants potential.

making one of the thralls invulnerable to ally damage would greatly improve the power (doesn't matter if you increase the thrall cap if allies can kill them all before it can spread)

giving him tools to restore mesmer skin charges would be nice, EG stand in a thrall's death fire to consume it to add to mesmer skin and reave thralls thralls to restore charges
and would make for a better synergy than mesmer skin making enthrall cost nothing

reducing some of the cast times would smooth out his gameplay

Edited by crashapple12

7 hours ago, (PS4)TheRallykiller said:

I think in Titan Quest, your permanent summons ate up a % of your total mana.  So if you had summons up, you crippled your mana pool.

What if Thralls were immune to friendly fire, but each Thrall ate up X or X% of your total energy.

Most #1 abilities are meant for cheap direct damage and/or an easy introduction to a full kit; thralls just seem out of place on the ability hierarchy.

I'd have to inquire about the back-end code side of the ability, but it just seems incredibly complicated and code intensive vs. smite/decoy/landslide/etc. in terms of end results.

No, permanent summons only cost alot of mana and have a long cooldown. It doesn't cap your energy. Capping comes from permanent toggle buffs, like the "add fire damage to weapon" sort of skill.

Please, PLEASE do not just give revenant the announced buffs for next patch and leave it at that. He has an obscene amount of issues remaining.

-Mesmer Skin and Reave are very slow to cast:
--Even allowing Reave to steal buffs from allies, by the time Revenant finishes posing into his charge pose an ally could have already bullet jumped or ran away, missing the buff and wasting energy. Good luck trying to copy the speed buff from a running Volt! Or a flying Titania for that matter.
--Without a place to run away and hide Revenant will simply die mid-cast in a sortie trying to get back his Mesmer Skin.

-Speaking of which: Without Mesmer Skin on Revenant has terrible durability. High shields do not compensate for low health and armour on sorties for a frame designed based on the indestructible Eidolons.

-Modding for shields makes his passive next to impossible to activate on star chart content!

-Without efficiency mods holding down LMB on Danse Macabre raises the energy cost to FORTY energy per sec. This is obscenely high. In attempting to make it "not a set it and forget it" skill the nerf just obliviated it into "Don't even bother trying to use." without Fleeting Expertise crutching.
--For that matter Reave has no cost discount while Danse Macabre is active! That's a 75 energy cost on top of 20 energy/seconds or 40 energy/seconds with LMB held down. Using both Reave and Danse Macabre together drains 188 to 0 in less than 4 seconds!

-To make the above point worse, for all his theme as a caster frame Revenant barely gets an increase to his energy pool. 188 energy is unfeasible without rage/zenurik/flow/arcane energize crutches to sustain his ability casting.

-Making enemies enthralled on a timer-based duration feels like a cheap cop-out. Please expand on his "vampiric" nature, or the "expendable" nature of the thralls and give them duration-scaling health decay instead. And 7 still feels too small for enemies who are simply co-opted from the current spawn pool instead of being forcibly generated (Nekros' ult), raise it further to 8~10 please?

-And lastly, it's not just death pillars that should be getting a tweak, it's the fact that allies can still just memespin or arca plasmor or ignis wraith or tigris prime away your efforts to build a thrall armypack!

As it is Revenant is heavily stunted and needs band-aid modding for cast speed, armour, health, efficiency and energy!

The rest of him has energy bits flowing all over the place, and his alt helmet has energy coming out of it, but his default helmet only has it coming out of the front, and it looks kind of odd. There's even a space on the back of the helmet that LOOKS like it's designed to be covered in that sentient energy stuff, as it's cut away and exposed.

Y'know what I mean?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I have to wonder who was in charge of this warframe, in particular, I honestly don't even have any hope at all for garuda if this is what warframe has to offer in 2018 which doesn't seem to be good, I think your putting to much focus into fortuna and putting to less focus into the warframes themselves what's the point of having new content if you cannot even enjoy the frames, the excitement, and hype for this frame and future ones have diminished greatly when and if they ever come to console I hope they have the needed changes that the community have suggested to you and hope you listen for now and the future.

• Like 1

Even I play Revenant with 3r arcane energize, the total energy cost still gives me pressure, compare to other warframes with channeling ability.

I heard that you make it consumes such crazy energy, cause the synergy of rage or hunter adrenaline mod + 3 ability reave. Well, so is the best way? Really? Don”t you think that making impossible to use reave when toggle danse is better way?

Actullay the reave’s restore amount is not so plenty, so I use that skill just for moving when toggle 4. But this also affraid me for the lack of energy, even I use arcane energize.

This is not the problem of ‘how much I can continue this skill.’ The biggest problem is ‘how much time need to restore energy to use ability again.’

Example, based on full effeciancy modding with zenurik energizing dash, the exalted blade’s restore time per cost is 0.12. It means, If I use this for 1 second, I can restore it’s cost in 0.12 second.

World on fire, 0.15 sec

Hysteria, 0.126 ~ 0.75 sec

Razorwing, 0.25 sec

Peacemaker, 0.75 sec

Danse macabre, 1.0 ~ 2.0 sec

Yes, if I use danse for 5 sec, I have to wait for 5~10 sec to use again. Of course we can find the energy orbs, but orbs are don’t appear every time. We have to depend on oper’s energizing dash in most of cases.

Regardless of ability’s perfomance, this waiting time is the biggest factor against to exciting and pleasent playing. And the case of channeling abilities, this waiting time is just painfull, cause we can’t restore energy during toggle time.

Do you believe you can tell us the Revenant’s other abillities are so much exciting? Excalibur and Ember can be told, but still others are not. But the case of Revenant, that painfull time is tooooo long for the using time.

To solve this problem, you have to roll back the energy cost, or add the energy restoring way on the skill set.

The idea, when dash to thralls with reave, revenanat can restore his energy, instead of more sheild and health.

This way makes us turn off the danse to use entrall, and we don’t have to wait useless restore time.

Someone could said like this, ‘just ues your weapons!’ Then, what’s the difference of Warframe, with Destiny?

Revenant is completely the dealing caster, like Saryn, Atlas, Ember, Mag, and so on. Do they fight with weapons just spend for energy restoring time?? Well, actually Mesa do, but she can easily turn on and off her peacemaker with awesome parkour. But Revenant can’t.

Edited by rmseka

I would like to give a feedback on Revenant in the perspective of scaling.

Low-Mid missions:

In matter of fact, in low-mid missions, he can clear well with his 4th, so put on his 2nd, do kill separate enemies with gun, kill group of enemies with 4th. The problem is, you dont really need his 1st or 3rd. Low-mid level u easily can kill the with your 4th, why would you need to thrall them? For some pillar damage you dont even need? It takes time and luck to use it, so you wont, just outhright kill them with 4th and gun.

High level mission (80-100+):

So, here is the thing, Revenant does not scale well. In high level mission, enemies can kill you rather easily if u dont move and/or cc them. So what you can do?

1st ability: Enthrall them: It is useable. I did not find information on their threat level, but they should be on the #1 threat level of the enemies, so they dont prioritize you, but the thralls (like with Nyx"s abilities).

2nd: It is usable well if u dont try outhright tank the enemies, just dodging and using cc, this can save your life in the case, an enemy decides to shoot you instead of the thralls, or dont care about other cc [it happens more thank you think, not one time happenes to me, that for example with octavia, a heavy gunner eximus did not care about mallett, about radiation zenistar, about anything, just ran straight to my face, like he did not see anything else]. So this ability can save your life in some cases, if not used to face-tank, just to failsafe yourself.

3rd: So....in high levels, you dont really tank with Revenant, u just dont, cause you will die quickly. So if you lose shield and health (cause your 2nd did not save you), there is a preatty big chance you die quicker than you can use any ability. So, is this good for any other thing, then restore yourself? Maybe steal enemis armors (the highest scaling enemy defense?), or shield, or health? No, just a little portion of it (and not even armor). So is it usable in any means in high levels? No, it is not. Maybe if it gets some invulnerability while casting, it can be a very expensive movement ability in high missions. Nothing else.

4th: So...little maneuverability in high missions means you die...This ability make you barely move, you are an easy target. Maybe usable, if you enthrall enough enemis, so they dont shoot you, and even is 1 or 2 enemy shot you, your 2nd save you right? Maybe for a time, not long. Status chance is too low to "quickly" (3-5 second, you just dont have more time in hight mission to stay in place) to strip armor/strip shield/intoxicate. And the damage does not scale too. And it is very expensive energy wise. So not very useful on high enemies.

So, summarizing it:

1st: low-mid level -> not really needed; high levels, Usable, useful if have highest threat level.

2nd: Nice in low-mid-high missions.

3rd: Not needed in low-mid levels, unsuseable in high mission types. Just drop this (change it to something other).

4th: Nice clear in low-mid mission, but badly scaling, not enough statu chance. Maybe scale the status chance up more, not the damage, it can save it maybe, with stripping armor/shield in higher levels better.

3rd REWORK:

So, what Revenant really needs? Some high scaling ability, that makes him useable in high levels. He has a cc (1st), has a (little?) failsafe (2nd), what he laks is damage/stripping ability. So what he REALLY needs, instead of the needles 3rd he has right now, is some damage buff. He would need a damage(?) buff like Saryn's 3rd. But it would make him more strong OP in low missions, if he gets and outright damage buff. BUT!, maybe not much damage, but as a Sentinel frame, that can adjust, a STATUS buff. Harrow has a crit booster ability, Revanant could have a Status booster ability. It could make him scale more in higher levels, dont need outright damage buff, so not too OP on lower levels. He just gets a status buff. And it could work like his 4th, adjust to the enemies, he shoots.

"Energy beams autonomously adapt their damage type to the attributes of the enemies they hit: Corrosive b Corrosive against armored enemies, Magnetic b Magnetic against shielded enemies, and Gas b Gas against enemies with infested flesh."

It would make him scale, AND it would enable him able to use MORE weapon type in high missions, make him more adored to high-end gameplayes, increasing versatility.

That is what i suggest, to rework him this way, so every one in every content can find him useful [maybe not for spy 🙂 but]. you get what i mean.

• Like 1

Okay DE, this post is directed at you: if the upcoming change to Pillars is not one that makes enemies more accessible to them or allows them to effectively reach more enemies, then no matter how much you boost them they're still gonna feel bad. There is just no way to have a stationary trap with tiny range that players have very only partial control over their placement can feel good and not like we're wasting a ton of potential, without a CC ability like Ensnare/Larva/Vortex to go with it (which I'm not saying you should add). At the very least, and I don't know how expensive the pathing script for it is especially at high amounts, but at the very least have them seek enemies in a way similar to Zephyr's Tornadoes, like some sort of will-o-the-wisps controlled by remnants of the Enthralled enemy. I think the Pillars are a very visually pleasing part of Revenants design and it'd be a shame if they were to continue receiving buffs without an actual tweak to make them more usable.

No comments on the Reave change, I honestly think the rest of his kit is in a decent place (at least better than the conflicting incentives Enthrall gives the player).

Rev's 4th ability really needs the cost reset back to the original cost and he could do with more base energy. Why you ever thought that needed a nerf when Saryn still exists in her current form I don't know.

Rev's 4th doesn't pass through Gara's glass wall.

Rev's 4th can't hit enemies above him.

Rev's 2nd ability the "smoke" is too much, could it be toned down a little?

Thralls are still useless and cannot/should not be compared to Nekros' shadows in any way for balance purposes. They are usually instantly killed by team mates or yourself.

Edited by Akimbo
  • Like 4

Just give revenant a kamehameha instead of this disco crap and make it actually do peace maker levels of damage like you guys said it would. Maybe let us mod it with secondary mods (like as a gammacor type weapon).

It would also help if the thrills got a damga buff so rmthet can at least tickle other mobs before they died. I also don't like the most recent changes discussed because it seems like rev is suited for solo play at the moment but your trying to pull wool over our eyes with this team buff garbage. Also for a warframe that has a lot of benefits with getting shot, he has no bulk at all. I also can't understand how his little back story about killing eidolons true. Have you guys killed any with him. He offers nothing to those hunts and probably couldn't survive two seconds with that weak kit. Please get real guys. These frames recently have been garbage 

P.S. Nezha rework please. There are great ideas on other threads regarding that.

32 minutes ago, jalen961 said:

Just give revenant a kamehameha instead of this disco crap and make it actually do peace maker levels of damage like you guys said it would. Maybe let us mod it with secondary mods (like as a gammacor type weapon).

It would also help if the thrills got a damga buff so rmthet can at least tickle other mobs before they died. I also don't like the most recent changes discussed because it seems like rev is suited for solo play at the moment but your trying to pull wool over our eyes with this team buff garbage. Also for a warframe that has a lot of benefits with getting shot, he has no bulk at all. I also can't understand how his little back story about killing eidolons true. Have you guys killed any with him. He offers nothing to those hunts and probably couldn't survive two seconds with that weak kit. Please get real guys. These frames recently have been garbage 

P.S. Nezha rework please. There are great ideas on other threads regarding that.

you must not have noticed but pets/allies arent DPS skills they are utility skills. revenants only DPS skill(in terms of killing power) is danse macabre. 1 utility skill, 2 defense skills, 1 damage skill.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I don't know if this is too late, but I just thought I'd share my ideas. These ideas are all aimed at pushing the Eidolon theme further into his kit and, more importantly, making his abilities more fun and useful in terms of his lore/purpose of killing Eidolons. In essence, I want Revenant to be the frame he was meant to be - the Eidolon themed Eidolon hunter. 

Numbers are rough ideas.

Passive

On top of the radial knockdown on shield depletion:
- add an invulnerability phase (similar to the Eidolon phases) for like 3 seconds after shield depletion. Give this passive perhaps a 5 or 10 second cooldown.
- or add an innate resistance to magnetic procs (more thematic and makes killing Eidolons easier) 

Skill 1: Enthrall

It'd probably make sense to have the thralls act similarly to Vomvalysts. Once they reach a quarter of their total health and shield pool, thralls enter a spectral form where they cannot be damaged, will seek out nearby enemies, and begin decaying health. After about 5 seconds, the thralls will explode dealing damage. If the thrall cap is not reached, enemies affected by the explosion will become thralls. 

Skill 2: Mesmer Skin

This has a lot of potential.

Instead of having charges, make it grant Revenant overshields equal to 100% of his base shields (affected by power strength). Revenant will receive status immunity and damage resistance (affected by power strength) to the last damage source he took damage from. (sentient adaptation to damage - also useful in Eidolon fights). Mesmer skin will be recastable, granting the normal amount of overshields - not stacking with previous casts.

Also, Mesmer Coat: Applies the effects of Mesmer Skin onto allies. Easy augment idea 🙂

Skill 3: Reave

Reave is probably the most awkward and least useful part of his kit.

To carry the theme of reaving/stealing something, I'd suggest make the ability steal a percentage of armour/shields or resistances from an enemy that you damage (effective in Eidolon hunts, makes them take more damage). Make it a toggle with increasing drain for each enemy affected. Once an affected enemy dies, the drain is removed. The actual duration of the buff duration will be separate and be affected by duration mods and will cap on the enemy with the most resistances/armour stolen i.e. if you shoot a lancer with this ability toggled, then you shoot a bombard you would get the benefit of the bombard since it has more armour/resistances.
Perhaps give the shot some type of Eidolon energy effect. 

However, if they don't want to remove it or rework it, at least let us choose where to go instead of it being a straight line. 

Skill 4: Danse Macabre

I mean it's kinda like the spin attack that the Teralyst does that shoots out projectiles but it's still pretty meh overall. Of course there's a portion of the community that thinks it looks a little silly. 

2 ideas. First idea, they could probably just make it a one time cast instead of a drain ability that mimics one of the three Eidolons major attacks. OR make it a combination. For example, cast the ability and you shoot projectiles into the sky/above you. Once they rain down they damage enemies and also mark those areas. Shortly afterwards the beams of light will appear for a duration (affected by ability duration). Obviously they should rename the ability.

Second idea (my favourite one), make it a toggle ability that turns Revenant into an Eidolon form and grants him a sentient/Eidolon exalted 'cannon' (visually, it doesn't have to be tangible, it can be energy based or just not have a complicated model at all). Fires projectiles similar to the projectiles from the Teralyst's gun that explode on impact in a 2 meter radius. Has the effect of his current ultimate where hitting an armoured target will make it deal corrosive damage, a shielded target will take magnetic damage and infested flesh will take gas damage. This can damage thralls even in spectral form, and the projectiles will shoot through spectral thralls. Killing a thrall with this ability will also grant him overshields and do all the normal things that killing a thrall would do. 

While in this form, Revenant also periodically shoots out seeking projectiles from above his head (like the Eidolon seeking bullets).

In conclusion, I really hope DE takes into consideration my ideas as well as all of the feedback the community has offered to make Revenant a better frame. Thanks for reading!

Yeah, his passive is completely useless. Any player using Revenant shouldn't be regularly running out of shields. Even if they do happen to run out of shields, the effects go unnoticed, as the radius is extremely small.

I personally think his first ability should have summoned vomvalysts in some way or form. Its icon is a vomvalyst's face, after all. Even if his third was replaced with your suggestion, (which I actually kind of like, by the way) the first ability replacement you suggested is garbage.

Before I go into ability 1... his shields. They shouldn't be decreased at all; he's now the best shield frame. Those of you without Fast Deflection and Arcane Aegis on might not know this, but Revenant is a pretty dang good tank with those on. Almost can't run out of shields, unless you're going into something way in over your head. It's important to convert a few enemies to allies first before any confrontation, as they pull tons of aggro to themselves. In the event you do run out, your sentinel can refill your shields, provided you equipped that mod on it.

When thinking about ability design, you need to consider how it interacts with builds. As Revenant is right now, there is basically one optimal build-- that's it.

86%-ish duration, 175%+ efficiency (over-capped so 5/sec drain on 4 regardless of duration)

130% ~ 145% range, and 200%-ish strength.

Danse Macabre's energy drain is why the above build is optimal. Without power efficiency, you basically can't use it for more than a couple seconds, and are stuck with the other 3 abilities and or no energy. It's an extremely powerful ability and doesn't really need much done to it, save for its vertical range, even though I think that's its balancing point.

Your design for ability 1 is not any better than the original. A base duration of 5 seconds has basically no synergy or build diversity. You'd have to go for 150~200% duration, and that would take an utter crap on your other 3 abilities in order to make his 1 useful for more than 5 seconds. The current base duration of 30 seconds is fine, nothing less would be viable. Not amping up the damage with mods is a recipe for disaster. We've seen that in weapons already and abilities concurrent and in the past. They're useless past level 5 enemies, basically. We don't need to be balancing anything around low-level stuff, we need to balance around the mid-high range, level 50+. This game doesn't stop growing and neither should Warframes, so good scaling of abilities into higher-end content is important.

The damage-on-death based on HP of an enemy has already been done by weapon mods, like for the Sobek. They're only good when their base damage can be scaled by things like Rhino's Roar, and even that falls flat when enemy armor or high HP comes into play. If nothing dies, no chain reaction can occur, so the mods are essentially a waste of a slot, and so would that part of the ability being suggested.

I think simply allowing multiple targets to be affected at once by his first ability as it is would be okay, (AoE on cast) and maybe making the enemies a bit more aggressive. Maybe more than 7 thralls? PIllar radius could be bigger, maybe the pillars could move towards enemies? Something like that. There's also an issue with the pillars not appearing the moment an enemy that you cast the ability on dies, as it currently has to be active on them for a second.

His second ability is actually really good. Its only real problem is that you can still get one-shot past it by melee enemies like the ones holding Pyrus Essence sometimes. Anything that exceeds your shields/health will kill you instantly past the barrier. Supposedly having Sacrifice on your Sentinel can solve this issue, but likely at the loss of your sentinel instead as intended. I wouldn't do much to this ability other than slightly increase its base stacks, and make it so damage doesn't bypass it. Might be OP like that, but who cares?

Edited by Tommyrocket

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you must not have noticed but pets/allies arent DPS skills they are utility skills. revenants only DPS skill(in terms of killing power) is danse macabre. 1 utility skill, 2 defense skills, 1 damage skill.

"Damage skill" ight. Damage falls off pretty quickly. Also Octavia disproves this point heavily. But I do agree that the zombies dont have to do damage. It was a miniscule point to begin with. I even like that  the zombies are kill able my main issue is with his fourth ability and meaner skin.

Considering that we have Saryn in game, the 2nd most broken frame after octavia, would it be asking too much for Revenat's #1 Thralls to behave like Saryn's sphores?

No time limit, no number limit, but the enthralled enemies remain fully wulnerable to any source of damage... and recasting the ability burns up all the remaining thralls regardless of remaining life.

At least this way they'l create enough of a distraction, their selfpropagation capability would get some mileage instead of wasting each cast due to Saryn and other @#§§ nukers passing near (also you guys brutalized Ember's kit but Equinox maimpocalipse is fine?  Ok you need to practically farm 2 full frames but still!? dublestandard muc? idem about Saryn whose 1st power kills entire maps!!!)

i was thinking about how to fix revinat and theas are my ideas

sorry for bad spelling as English isent my firs  language

passive ability

t is a cool one for sure but it is not that useful as you dont want to be that close to enemies if your shields drop. my idea is to make his third ability his passive in such a way that parkour moves such as bullet jump and rolls are relapsed with a multi directional reave and it still steals health but not as much as before 

first ability  

the biggest problem that i see with this ability is that your squad mate kill your thralls too often to make them useful but remember the fact that they leave pillars of energy behind when they die, well what if instead of damaging new enemies they turn them into thralls if your thrall cap isnt full

second ability

keep it as it is. Fix the bugs

third ability

since the the passive replaces the ability here my suggestion for is new third ability. you eidelon hunters now the fact that if you damage and eidelon enough it will let out a magnetic burst as well as call nearby vomvalists to it heal it, well now that is third. of course there a slite differences, the will not me a magnetic procs but it will stager all enemies it hits but if it hit a thrall that thrall will be teleported to revenant which will then give revenant an energy regeneration buff for each thrall teleported  to him (this is to represent the vomvalist healing the eidelon )

fourth ability

when revenant activates this ability he will slowly do more damage but all damage delt to him is doubled and the energy cost increases over time (yes DE that how you fix an ability not just increase its energy cost)

if you have any other ideas or ways to improve mine then comment away

(thanks for spieling correction)

Edited by Kleinman16
spieling correction