The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

15 minutes ago, jalen961 said:

"Damage skill" ight. Damage falls off pretty quickly. Also Octavia disproves this point heavily. But I do agree that the zombies dont have to do damage. It was a miniscule point to begin with. I even like that  the zombies are kill able my main issue is with his fourth ability and meaner skin.

And, there's no reason Thralls couldn't be a damage skill—like exploding zombie dogs from D3's Witch Doctor or mobile corpse explosions <-- that could be really interesting with the damaging pillar after effect.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jalen961 said:

"Damage skill" ight. Damage falls off pretty quickly. Also Octavia disproves this point heavily. But I do agree that the zombies dont have to do damage. It was a miniscule point to begin with. I even like that  the zombies are kill able my main issue is with his fourth ability and meaner skin.

octavia's damage is based off of mallet. go ahead and show me resonator by itself doing mallets damage and remember resonator is octavia's only pet/ally.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

8 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

octavia's damage is based off of mallet. go ahead and show me resonator by itself doing mallets damage and remember resonator is octavia's only pet/ally.

^ I agree.

Thematically and conceptually, Octavia exists in alignment with her original design/concept (I think so at least)...

Whereas Revenant is in a purgatory between reality and concept which (in my opinion) is why there's a lot of strong and passionate feedback on the frame, from what appears to be, a fair representation of the Warframe community in breadth and veterancy.

FIXED THE GRAMMAR PROBLEMS MADE BY OP: 

it is a cool one for sure but it is not that useful as you dont want to be that close to enemies if your shields drop. my idea is to make his third ability his passive in such a way that parkour moves such as bullet jump and rolls are relapsed with a multi directional revive and it still steals health but not as much as before 

first ability  

the biggest problem that i see with this ability is that your squad mate kill your thralls too often to make them useful but remember the fact that they leave piles of energy behind when they die, well what if instead of damaging new enemies they turn them into thralls if your thrall cap isnt full

second ability

keep it as it is. Fix the bugs

third ability

since the the passive replaces the ability here my suggestion for is new third ability. you eidelon hunters now the fact that if you damage and eidelon enough it will let out a magnetic burst as well as call nearby vomvalists to it heal it, well now that is third. of course there a slite differences, the will not me a magnetic procs but it will stager all enemies it hits but if it hit a thrall that thrall will be teleported to revenant which will then give revenant an energy regeneration buff for each thrall teleported  to him (this is to represent the vomvalist healing the eidelon )

fourth ability

when revenant activates this ability he will slowly do more damage but all damage delt to him is doubled and the energy cost increases over time (yes DE that how you fix an ability not just increase its energy cost)

if you have any other ideas or ways to improve mine then comment away

And if you had to ask me:

Passive: Replace it, Just Terrible

First Ability: Increase Thrall limit to 10-15, Id like something Viable to work with, I could get my own thralls by using a range/choas build on Nyx

Second Ability: When activated, All thralls explode dealing damage.

Third Ability: Get a better animation for this, the 2D Scratch Smoke Sprite is an eyesore, and decrease the god damn energy cost on this thing, its just a dash...

Fourth Ability: Increase Damage over time, Damage reduction, Decrease energy cost to 22/sec

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Wolfou_Jams said:

FIXED THE GRAMMAR PROBLEMS MADE BY OP: 

it is a cool one for sure but it is not that useful as you dont want to be that close to enemies if your shields drop. my idea is to make his third ability his passive in such a way that parkour moves such as bullet jump and rolls are relapsed with a multi directional revive and it still steals health but not as much as before 

first ability  

the biggest problem that i see with this ability is that your squad mate kill your thralls too often to make them useful but remember the fact that they leave piles of energy behind when they die, well what if instead of damaging new enemies they turn them into thralls if your thrall cap isnt full

second ability

keep it as it is. Fix the bugs

third ability

since the the passive replaces the ability here my suggestion for is new third ability. you eidelon hunters now the fact that if you damage and eidelon enough it will let out a magnetic burst as well as call nearby vomvalists to it heal it, well now that is third. of course there a slite differences, the will not me a magnetic procs but it will stager all enemies it hits but if it hit a thrall that thrall will be teleported to revenant which will then give revenant an energy regeneration buff for each thrall teleported  to him (this is to represent the vomvalist healing the eidelon )

fourth ability

when revenant activates this ability he will slowly do more damage but all damage delt to him is doubled and the energy cost increases over time (yes DE that how you fix an ability not just increase its energy cost)

if you have any other ideas or ways to improve mine then comment away

And if you had to ask me:

Passive: Replace it, Just Terrible

First Ability: Increase Thrall limit to 10-15, Id like something Viable to work with, I could get my own thralls by using a range/choas build on Nyx

Second Ability: When activated, All thralls explode dealing damage.

Third Ability: Get a better animation for this, the 2D Scratch Smoke Sprite is an eyesore, and decrease the god damn energy cost on this thing, its just a dash...

Fourth Ability: Increase Damage over time, Damage reduction, Decrease energy cost to 22/sec 

Passive: Pretty sure OP meant Reave, not revive.

Otherwise, thank you for making it readable.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Resonator has access to damage with synergy... I don't see the difference

Just now, jalen961 said:

Resonator has access to damage with synergy... I don't see the difference

as i said pet/ally arent DPS skills, but are utility skills. resonator is every bit of a utility skill people dont use resonator to do damage they use it to move mallet around since that is one of its purposes like any utility skill.

mind controll is not used to make 1 enemy kill its used to make one enemy the target of attention, and to remove a dangerous enemy from play.

shadows of the dead is not used to kill enemies. it used to provide away to protect necros and the team by providing targets for the enemies to concentrate on.

enthrall isnt used to deal damage it is used to distract or remove dangerous enemies.

same with devour sand clone, same with effigy, pretty much same with all pet/allies.

On 2018-09-04 at 11:56 AM, EinheriarJudith said:

an upgraded excalibur that is strong against sentients? thats what we got. excaliber was the only frame that needed an upgraded version of some kind but couldnt get one because of the exclusive excal prime. what exactly were you expecting?

Oh wow he is not strong against sentients(which are 1% of the enemies we met) his mods are. Also, why just change his stance in Exalted Blade to a nikana or IDK change something, I liked the howl how he was before the buff, simple but useful, yea strong against sentients but all operators do the same thing. Exca Umbra just takes Exca to trash lvl because, WHY WOULD YOU HAVE THE 2?

Waiting Mag Umbra so Mag prime will be just mastery fodder.<<<<<Thats my complain.
Khora and Revenant = Mastery Fodder

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, operational said:

Oh wow he is not strong against sentients(which are 1% of the enemies we met) his mods are. Also, why just change his stance in Exalted Blade to a nikana or IDK change something, I liked the howl how he was before the buff, simple but useful, yea strong against sentients but all operators do the same thing. Exca Umbra just takes Exca to trash lvl because, WHY WOULD YOU HAVE THE 2?

Waiting Mag Umbra so Mag prime will be just mastery fodder.<<<<<Thats my complain.
Khora and Revenant = Mastery Fodder

radial howl resets their resistance. he currently is the only frame to have slots whose polarity fit those mods because he was designed to use them and they make him...... strong against sentients. how much of the game sentients take up is irrelevant. stronger stats than excal, radial howl resets resistance, while in operator mode can do things on his own. that is an upgraded excaliber. so again my question is (since you havent answered it) what were you expecting it to be?

i dont share your opinion about khora or revenant but aint nothing wrong with that.

Revenant feels like it's doing things it's not supposed to do. This new Eidolon better do the Mutalist Alad V thing and cause us to attack each other or i'm gonna be mad.

Revenant is "based off" the eidolon... so how about making him based off the eidolon? (i know! such a concept).

How about we revamp Revenant entirely, because lets face it, the only thing he does that makes you think "EIDOLON" is when he presses 4.

PASSIVE: Gains 5 Overshield per second

1st ability: Moa stomp; cause a shockwave with a 360 radius effected by duration similar to Nova's MP and range effects how far the enemies are tossed, enemies take damage based on how far they went, and if they hit a wall, objects are destroyed when an enemy hits any. OR just make it similar to Banshee's 1 but a 360 radius that only effects enemies touching the ground.

SECOND ability: Teleport; Not Teleport as in Ash's teleport, more of a phasing type teleport. Effected by range this ability will send you a random direction however far your power range is onto a "solid" part of the map, including up or down as long as players are meant to be there.

3rd ability: WHALE!!! Revenant sends out 3 bursts (increases with duration, effected by range) which magnetize the area, each enemy hit restores 20% of his health and if health is full starts giving shields and oversheilds. (eventually there would be an augment so this ability strips enemy armor).

4th abilty: Lasers of doom, stays what it is right now.

Edited by MageSkeleton

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

as i said pet/ally arent DPS skills, but are utility skills. resonator is every bit of a utility skill people dont use resonator to do damage they use it to move mallet around since that is one of its purposes like any utility skill.

mind controll is not used to make 1 enemy kill its used to make one enemy the target of attention, and to remove a dangerous enemy from play.

shadows of the dead is not used to kill enemies. it used to provide away to protect necros and the team by providing targets for the enemies to concentrate on.

enthrall isnt used to deal damage it is used to distract or remove dangerous enemies.

same with devour sand clone, same with effigy, pretty much same with all pet/allies.

The mallet does significantly more damage with the roller. This synergy between moves is the reason why Octavia is the dominate endgame frame. The mallet is the resonators weapon in a way so this bleed over of damage makes her shine. This is the kind of thinking that would increase the effectiveness of every other frame. Not really here to debate whether his zombies should do damage because that's not what this forum is about but either way if you can't get damage right with a single ability maybe it isnt a bad idea to incorporate another ability into the mix instead of just following this formula you've pointed out.

4 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

also I appreciate your debate btw seeing how people look at the state of this frame has refined my argument. I'd also urge you to answer Rallythekillers questions regarding why the zombies can't do damage. People don't feel that mesmer skin or the zombies are providing enough utility or damage mitigation so maybe they can be redeamed by adding another function like damage. Also if I'm not mistaken khoras cat have a damage mode (I dont have her so excuse me if I'm wrong).

On 2018-09-02 at 7:51 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

go to lua fight some sentients and you will see them spinning with lazers. its like people have forgotten that lua existed before PoE.

they have a dedicated, static spinning animation that is not ridicolous. The thing i dislike is the warframe's body animation, not the power mechanic or light effect

6 minutes ago, jalen961 said:

also I appreciate your debate btw seeing how people look at the state of this frame has refined my argument. I'd also urge you to answer Rallythekillers questions regarding why the zombies can't do damage. People don't feel that mesmer skin or the zombies are providing enough utility or damage mitigation so maybe they can be redeamed by adding another function like damage. Also if I'm not mistaken khoras cat have a damage mode (I dont have her so excuse me if I'm wrong).

i was reading what i wrote and thought to myself while these abilities are great at distraction they are kind of bland in that. ive been playing warframe for too long lol. some spice could be added. i think not having shadows of the dead deal killing type damage makes it so people dont rely on it. a problem ive seen steadily increase with time is that people have become to reliant on powers.

Edit: one thing i actually like about destiny 2 is that you cannot rely on the guardian powers. thats where it ends though. gameplay is good but everything else is bad lol

7 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

radial howl resets their resistance. he currently is the only frame to have slots whose polarity fit those mods because he was designed to use them and they make him...... strong against sentients. how much of the game sentients take up is irrelevant. stronger stats than excal, radial howl resets resistance, while in operator mode can do things on his own. that is an upgraded excaliber. so again my question is (since you havent answered it) what were you expecting it to be?

i dont share your opinion about khora or revenant but aint nothing wrong with that.

why just change his stance in Exalted Blade to a nikana or IDK change something

He is Design to use the mods but EVERY WARFRAME CAN do it, as you said, improved exca, I dont like that, He is a great character overall I do like Exca, but in a cold review, he is just an upgrade not a entire new warframe or concept. I did put my suggestions to fix this design issue I ll summarize for you:

*Different Stance on Exalted Blade.
*Delay on Howl was for the best.
*Similar 1 and 3 but not equal.(1 = a big swing in front of him; 3 = Crowd Control Repeling enemies[just ideas])

My tough is that Umbra and Normal Exca should be a little different, Im just thinking, WHY someone who bought Excal Prime is feeling now because his Prime is worthless.

About Khora: She has a great design but lackluster skills, her pet shouldnt be a skill, he just need to have special moves too, her 4 is just.... baaad. She is a cat themed warframe why making her a tank/control? why not just give more mobility skills, maaaaaybe a transformation. (Check for Bayonetta Panther Moves)

About Revenant: He has nothing special and the only good skill of his set is just boring. For a sentient themed warframe i was thinking about Ethereal Form(not tidal wave like he is now), Lasers, much more lasers, but at a righter cost and charge time for a big SHOoPDAWhOOP in front of him. His 2 is just, meh, could be better for a defensive hability and his mind control is buggy, i would like better if he summons specters of dead enemies like nekros. Overall, Revenant isnt a Sentient warframe nor a vampire, Inaros is the true vampire.

Sorry dude I dont wanna bother you anymore with my opinion is because I lov this game and I want to make it better and better so my negatives are for the best, I am a player and if I dont like to play anymore Im just not being useful for DE, and I love DE Staff and how good the community are.

I just got in to check what's in the update to find out there are still no changes to Revenant. And to add insult to injury, the supposed tweaks/fixes they announced via Twitter have nothing to do with improving Danse Macabre again. I'm so pissed off at how they laughed at every people who took the time to post in this thread the past week... 

Edited by PraetorGix

24 minutes ago, --Chubbs-- said:

Revenant can be killed by toxic ancients while mesmer skin is active when they do their one shot kill "roar" attack. Seems like a bug so I'm posting it here.

That is probably one of those enemies that can damage him over his EHP while having Mesmer Skin on. Ballistas and Hyeeka Masters can do the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PraetorGix said:

I just got in to check what's in he update to find out there are still no changes to Revenant, and to add insult to injury, the supposed tweaks/fixes they announced have nothing to do with improving Danse Macabre again. I'm so pissed off at how they laughed at every people who took the time to post in this thread the past week. 

To me it means they are taking more time to think about the changes and actually consider what was said here rather than just gloss over everything once and make some changes as soon as possible.

The first changes were done in between some devs being on vacation and them preparing for PAX. So that was likely a rush job.

What we get next will likely either be the last set or pre last set of changes Revenant will get, unless there is massive outcry for further changes that is.

• Like 1

I think Revenant is in an overall bad spot right now

My complaints are listed first and then I will list my Ideas to solve the issues will be next(keep in mind I am NOT a game designer, but I have put in as of this comment nearly 945 hours on record)

Enthrall: It suffers from the same problem every minion ability suffers from, which would be the lack of aggro pulling and lack luster utility or damage

Mesmer Skin: Its lack of gating and ability to be eaten through nearly immediately leaves this ability on the cusp of being useless for large hordes, which is the overwhelming majority of the games content.

Reave: Its too expensive to be a movement ability and its ability to drain Health and Shields is utterly useless in the fact that if you are using Mesmer skin and it runs out at higher levels the minuscule amount of health and shields it supplies it not going to save you.

Danse macabre: I have few issues with this ability other than the over-shields you get from thralls you kill suffer from the same problems Reaves shield replenishing ability has(being useless at higher levels that is)

Now for my suggestions for solving some of these issues

Enthrall:Make killing them with Danse macabre restore a fraction of a charge for Mesmer skin

Mesmer Skin: Give a few seconds of Invulnerability in between each charge so they aren't used up too quickly

Reave: I would suggest giving this ability a cost reduction and trade Hp and Shield leech for restoration of charges for Mesmer skin

If anyone from DE reads this. Thank you for the stellar game and I do Implore you to listen to some of my suggestions.

6 hours ago, --Chubbs-- said:

Revenant can be killed by toxic ancients while mesmer skin is active when they do their one shot kill "roar" attack. Seems like a bug so I'm posting it here.

Mesmer doesnt defend against anything what is not directly attacking a player.

Grenades, flame patches, stomps, whatever unless its directly aimed at you with no aoe part it wont save you.

• Like 1