Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

1 hour ago, VPrime96 said:

With Mesmer Skin, it is.

Even without Mesmer skin it is useless. 

50 overshields per pickup is completely useless. Given the general complexity of how this generates overshields compared to literally any other frame that generates overshields it is -completely- useless.

Other frames can give max overshields without any thought. Revenant gives a measely 50 per pickup through a 'synergy' combo with his abilities. A combo that has another synergy that completely undermines the overshields altogether (mesmer skin making enthrall free, but getting overshields out of this is pointless).

I'm not sure who the mastermind was behind his kit but it is a serious case of "works well on paper but is an absolute mess in reality"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

Even without Mesmer skin it is useless. 

50 overshields per pickup is completely useless. Given the general complexity of how this generates overshields compared to literally any other frame that generates overshields it is -completely- useless.

Other frames can give max overshields without any thought. Revenant gives a measely 50 per pickup through a 'synergy' combo with his abilities. A combo that has another synergy that completely undermines the overshields altogether (mesmer skin making enthrall free, but getting overshields out of this is pointless).

I'm not sure who the mastermind was behind his kit but it is a serious case of "works well on paper but is an absolute mess in reality"

My idea for it made it better, but in general I'm confused as to why DE hasn't realised that without DR shields (and overshields) are worse than health.

My idea was passive changed to damage reduction to shields and Mesmer Skin only applies to health damage. Current passive triggers when Mesmer Skin runs out of charges.

But I guess we'll have to see what DE does to him this week.

Mesmer skin needs to instant cast or the cast needs to be faster. The smoke effect it has on it needs to be toned down A LOT or an aura effect needs to be put in place for it. The current smoke aura it has right now for it or whatever you want to call it make's it hard to see where I'm shooting or even going.

I like the enthrall it's a cool idea. But the enthrall itself in group play isent as effective. Like if controling areas or certain points or higher level enemies yes it does it's job but not for very long. The after damage pillar it brings with it isent that big and dosent do a whole lot of damage unless you build for it and even then it's not that great. It's good but not great.

What would be nice to change for enthrall is make the first enemy you enthrall let's call it the main host or whatever. Make that one immune to your damage and ally damage specifically till the times up. This way you can get more thralls going with more damage pillars out there till the times up. The damage pillars should get a lil more love. The damage should be increased lil more since it's last ability got smacked hard and has a large cost. The range of it should be a smidge bigger and there should be anexplosion chance or synergy with it to enthrall more. Or perhaps even take the Shield drops from the 4th ability and put it on a chance drop when enemies are killed by the pillars.

The 3rd ability needs to be faster. And perhaps leave and sentient field behind where you traveled. Potentially enthralling or sapping health from enemies walking through it. It also needs to be tad wider. I also saw some thing about Mesmer skin being applied to allies with this ability? If you've passed through them they could possibly get benefit of a certain % through the sentient field idea to gain hp back. 

The last ability. I'm sorry but I laugh every time I see the spinning rave top. It's a cool idea. But it could be changed to a more focused laser ability or maybe have it active turn on and off button to shoot lasers at incoming enemies at X amount of energy cost.. or change it to the teralyst scream or whatever it does when you make it mad to 1 shot everybody lol. Just a nuke skill. Either that make it a teralyst cry where those lil sentients follow you around doing damage for you.

The frame itself is "okay" right now but the synergy between skills and fixes to how they work and how the work in group play would really change it. I can see it being a cc dps frame. It just needs more synergy. Without it being awkward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madway7 said:

My idea for it made it better, but in general I'm confused as to why DE hasn't realised that without DR shields (and overshields) are worse than health.

My idea was passive changed to damage reduction to shields and Mesmer Skin only applies to health damage. Current passive triggers when Mesmer Skin runs out of charges.

But I guess we'll have to see what DE does to him this week.

Meaner skin working when taking health damage is genius and actually makes his whole kit more relevant without changing much of the original moveset. 

But overshields pickups still would need some kind of buff. To 100 per pickup would be a lot better with the scenario you presented.

• Like 1

Maybe DE won't do any drastic changes to Revenant's kit but I will share my ideas anyways.

I tried making his thralling process easier , giving him a more thematic passive and making him respective to his lore.

Spoiler

I also love Infamous 1 / 2 / Second Son and noticed that Cole & Delvin's abilities have similarities with Revenant & Eidolons' ( Dashes , draining enemies , homing projectiles , lasers , explosions etc ). So I used some ability GIFs to visually explain abilities.

He might be OP but numbers etc can be tweaked and balanced.

PASSIVE

Spoiler

" Hardened Shields "

• Revenant's shields take 50% less damage , including his overshields.

" Warden's Burden "

• Revenant acts like an Eidolon Lure, can link to 2 destroyed Eidolon synovias in affinity range to prevent them from teleporting away.

ENTHRALL

Spoiler

Cast Energy = 25

• Revenant releases his Sentient energy onto an enemy target within a range of 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 meters, converting it into a Thrall that is forced to fight for the Tenno cause for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds ( can be used for single-handedly getting rid of special enemies ).

Hold Energy = 50

• Revenant summons a bloom on targeted location ( similar to Hydrolyst's Vomvalyst Blooms ) for 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 seconds and has 9 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters radius. Bloom turns closest 6 / 7 / 8 / 10 enemies into Thralls for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds . If a thrall dies, another enemy in bloom's radius will take its place.

Thralls take 90% less damage from teammates.

Thralls leave damaging pillars that deal 250 / 500 / 750 / 1000 Puncture b Puncture + 3% of their max health damage per sec on death. Pillars last for 10 sec and have 2 / 3 / 3 / 4 meters radius.

Synergy ;

• Thralls killed by Danse Macabre grant 100 overshields to Revenant and his allies.
  • Essence Reaver 's leech / restore percentages increase to 15 / 20 / 25 / 30% against Thralls.

MESMER SKIN

Spoiler

" Abyssal Shroud "

Cost = 50 energy

• Revenant shrouds himself with protective sentient energy, blocking 3 / 4 / 5 / 6  attacks to his health and stunning the attackers for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds. When charges depleted , Revenant screeches and emits a radial energy wave that stuns enemies for 3 sec in 15 meters radius.

REAVE

Spoiler

Cast Energy = 50

• Revenant transforms into a torrent of Sentient energy, dashing forward to aim reticule for 0.25 / 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 second while enveloped in an energy current with a width of 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters. Enemies passing through the current are drained 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% of their maximum shields and health, while Revenant restores 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% of his maximum shields and health from each enemy leeched.
  • Drained enemies are slowed down by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30% for 10 seconds.
  • Revenant is immune to damage during dash.

( Dash visual can be similar to GIF below , current one kinda looks ugly )

giphy.gif

Possible augment ;

Essence Reaver - 

• Revenant leeches 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% of his enemies' maximum shields and health while restoring his 2% / 4% / 6% / 8% of his maximum shields and health from each enemy leeched in 5 / 6  / 8 / 10 meters radius.
  • Drained enemies take 10 / 12 / 15 / 20% more damage from all allies for 8 seconds.
  • Revenant is immune to damage during 1 sec cast animation.
  • Casting ability again refreshes vulnerability debuff on affected enemies.

( Basically we exchange mobility & slow debuff for increased AoE & vulnerability debuff )

( Similar to GIF below )

giphy-downsized.gif

DANSE MACABRE

Spoiler

Cast Energy = 25

Energy Drain = 10 energy per sec

// Note - Revenant can cast other abilities while Danse Macabre is active.

Revenant unleashes the might of the Eidolon essence emanating from his body, levitates himself and devastates his enemies with sentient powers.

While active ;

• Revenant is immune to all status effects.
  • All damage received by Revenant is stored into a total damage pool, then transferred to his homing projectiles and charged beam as additional damage. Stored damage decays overtime by 10% each second.

( Dance Macabre looks similar to GIF below while active )

giphy.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holding fire button ( L-click ) makes Revenant shoot 8 homing projectiles every seconds that target enemies randomly in 10 / 12 / 15 / 18 meters radius. Each projectile inflicts 500 / 600 / 700 / 800 damage with a 25% status chance ( similar to Eidolons' Seeking Bullets ability ). Damaged stored in pool is divided among projectiles.

• Holding fire button increased energy drain to 20 e/s.
  • Projectiles can damage Thralls  and execute them if they are under 25% health.
  • Enemies / Thralls close to Revenant are prioritized.
  • Can not be used simultaneously with charged beam.

( Similar to GIF below but with homing projectiles coming out of Revenant's body ).

giphy.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holding the zoom button ( R-click ) makes Revenant to charge and fire a destructive beam with his eldritch arm that deals 5,500 / 6.000 / 6,500 / 7,000 damage with 50% status chance. Transfered damage doesn't increase ( by taking damage ) or decrease ( by decay ) when beam is charged up.

• Charged beam deals 2x damage to Eidolons and their synovias. ( to make him useful against Eidolons and maybe Flyodolons as well ? )
  • Charged beam has 30 meters range and 5 meters punch through.
  • Charged beam has 2 sec charge time.
  • Can be hold indefinitely.
  • Costs 75 energy when fired.
  • Can not be used simultaneously with homing projectiles.
  • Casting other abilities does not cancel charged up beam.

( Similar to GIF below but imagine him shooting with an opticor-like beam from his arm )

giphy-downsized.gif

Danse Macabre's projectiles and charged beam autonomously adapt their damage type to the attributes of the enemies they hit: Corrosive b Corrosive against armored enemies, Magnetic b Magnetic against shielded enemies, Gas b Gas against enemies with infested flesh, Radiation b Radiation against Eidolons.

Edited by Aeon94
  • Like 3

You need to fix a Major problem with mesmer skin : HITS or sources of dmg taken which have a dmg value HIGHER than REV's TOTAL EHP will IGNORE ALL the STACKS = 1 shotted even with full stacks.

Nullifiers LANKA SHOTS also completely ignore mesmer skin and i don't see why they should since they don't ignore Iron Skin nor any other forms of protective abilities unless you jump inside the bubble.It's not only Nullies, Ballistas do too and anything that can blow a hit more dmg'ing than his total EHP...

Until this major problem is fixed, REV is just a piece of wet paper puppet because he'll get oneshotted as soon as the dmg starts to become interesting, so much for his Mesmer skin which will be completely ignored even if you manage to get 15 stacks.

Add the injury to the joke

ALSO Mesmer skin needs to negate TRULY all kind of dmg which includes AOE toxin/heat etc procs.

ALL KINDS of DAMAGE. Period

Thx for reading

PS: Mesmer Skin needs a more fluid and FASTER casting speed, it's utterly abysmal as of now.

no matter what you did to him, he doesn't feel any sentient/eidolon themed at all, Reave is a gimmick useless ability that should just go and be re-designed into something else.

Still a boring frame with nothing unique which has nothing to offer that other frames can't do better, or at least offer some kind of similar effectiveness into a role for the sake of variety. ( UNLIKE Nidus which is the best frame design wise, fun and synergies still ) and basically a one and half trick pony

MR fodder at its best, all those useless tweaks to basically redundant skills turned him from an EPIC fail into just a FAIL.

The pillars are still an unreliable useless gimmick by the way, no comment on the Thralls, Mesmer Skin working at 50% since AOE explosions totally Ignore the stacks as well as LANKA SHOTS etc.

his 4 is pure eye cancer.

I wonder what kinda feedback the developers have been reading, because for what i had the pleasure to read on this feedback thread, the redundant gimmicky changes he got ( save for the mesmer skin recastable, too bad it's still broken/bugged ) are far from matching the community suggestions and ideas that were clearly, easily and elegantly displayed in here.

Edited by arm4geddon-117

I tested him in the Simulacrum after his Changes and his changes are nice. He can still get one shot through his Mesmer Skin from a Hyeeka Master’s Grenade and Nullifier’s Lanka but Ballistas don’t one shot him anymore which is a small Improvement. Als Enthralled enemies gives him more health than non - Enthralled enemies while Enthralled enemies are Tankier now compare to a unthralled enemy.  Did notice his seeking Particle with his Pillars when you kill a enthralled enemy but to me, it’s like a Visual Changes. So he’s in a better place but not perfect still.

• Like 2

Even with the new changes out, he STILL needs the issues fixed

1.Enthral:
⦁    Thrall targets are immune to friendly fire, though the friendly damage dealt with them while the ability is active will be accumulated and then dealt with them once the ability ends 
⦁    Holding down the key will Auto-Kill the Thralls, setting up the traps they leave when they die as normal.
⦁    SFX Tweak: Has more spectral Eidolon Vomvalyst mask and orbiting around them, to help distinguished from other enemies even better. 

2. Mesmer Skin: 
⦁    Casting the ability again will add more charges that cost no energy to cast & no longer interrupts grounded movement and other actions.
⦁    Each charge can only be lost every 2-3-5s, upon losing a charge Revenant emits an AoE stun for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds (On top of being stunned when attacked) 
⦁    SFX Tweak: Stunned enemies have a ghostly eidolon energy tendrils around them. To help distinguished who is stunned by who.
⦁    SFX Tweak: Revenant has much more eidolon energy tendrils and has a ghostly appearance. To help distinguished he has MS on.

• Like 1

The new pillar projectiles are a good addition, but they don't really fix the problem of thralls not spreading as much as they could. Maybe adding a chance for the projectiles to turn enemies into thralls could balance that out.

Also have a suggestion for danse macabre having trouble hitting enemies in different height levels and not being as good for single, tanky enemies while also adding more player interaction; make the boost function focus the beams together and allow aiming of the beams.

12 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

I tested him in the Simulacrum after his Changes and his changes are nice. He can still get one shot through his Mesmer Skin from a Hyeeka Master’s Grenade and Nullifier’s Lanka but Ballistas don’t one shot him anymore which is a small Improvement. 

Tested this and no, he still gets 1 shot through Mesmer skin on all fronts

7 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Tested this and no, he still gets 1 shot through Mesmer skin on all fronts

When i tested him against a lvl 120 Ballista with 20 Charges, she shot him and went to sleep. I guess you found a bug.

Edited by VPrime96

I'm not sure how to feel about this frame anymore. 

The change to his pillars seem ok. Think the projectiles do impact damage which is some cc there, but yeah. I think I lost hope of Rev becoming good (or worth using over other frames) in my eyes.

He's not horrible or unusable, I just don't really feel like using him anymore even if they fix Mesmer Skin at this point. (Which is prob the only thing they'll do now)

I guess I just like the looks of the frame more than how the abilities turned out or are likely to pan out from now on.

My hype prob just died out. I just don't see myself using him anymore, you guys are free to keep giving feedback, but I think I'm done.

Comparing his changes to the Nezha revisit just makes me sad.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

I'm not sure how to feel about this frame anymore. 

The change to his pillars seem ok. Think the projectiles do impact damage which is some cc there, but yeah. I think I lost hope of Rev becoming good (or worth using over other frames) in my eyes.

He's not horrible or unusable, I just don't really feel like using him anymore even if they fix Mesmer Skin at this point. (Which is prob the only thing they'll do now)

I guess I just like the looks of the frame more than how the abilities turned out or are likely to pan out from now on.

My hype prob just died out. I just don't see myself using him anymore, you guys are free to keep giving feedback, but I think I'm done.

This makes the 2 of us....you could have not said it any better...such a pity for a Theme ( sentient/eidolon thing ) that could give us a stellar frame just like Nidus was when they released him ( all useful abilities, real synergies not dependancy, unique mechanics, badass look, an all round frames capable of CC's, DMG dealing, Boosting, and Tanky to the extreme )

• Like 3

hace 18 minutos, Madway7 dijo:

We already gave feedback, and the single most mentioned problem wasn't even addressed. I would say the best we could ALL do is stop giving useless feedback. I really wanted to like Revenant and I was happy just using his 4 even if his other abilities sucked. Now? After the slap on the face this update was I'm not even playing the game for a few days. That's how pissed off I am.

• Like 4

The passive is still completely useless. This needs to be either vastly improved or completely replaced.

Thralls are still useless on their own in parties, they can't survive for long while both you and your teammates are wailing on them. The homing projectiles don't do much, if anything at all, and the explosion from hitting the pillar with Danse Macabre isn't useful at all. They need to be immune to ally damage, and more obvious that they're enthralled. Also, single target enthrallment takes forever, "spreading" enthrallment isn't that good of a mechanic since it only works as well as the enemy you enthrall, in my opinion. I suggest removing the spreading mechanic and making Enthrall a targetted AoE ability similar to Equinox's Pacify and Provoke ability, or a centralized AoE that enthralls enemies close to Revenant without needing to target or aim the ability, and make Thralls completely immune to ally damage until the duration has run out. Pressing and holding the ability key ends Enthrall on all targets, allowing them to be attacked again.

Being able to re-cast Mesmer Skin while it's active is the biggest improvement, in my opinion. This definitely prevents a lot of unneeded deaths in higher level content, despite the casting animation being one of the longest in the game. If we can get an animation time that matches or is a bit shorter than Rhino's Iron Skin, we'll be totally fine. The only tweak besides that would be a buffer for large amounts of incoming damage, like high level Nullifier shots or Ballista grenades to not oneshot you through all of your Mesmer Skin stacks.

The added synergy between Reave and Enthrall looks good on paper, but it doesn't do anything for you unless you're soloing because allies just kill your thralls too quickly. Soloing, it's fantastic. You can keep Mesmer Skin active without needing to pause to re-cast it, which is nice. The synergy issues between Enthrall and Reave would be fixed purely with the proposed fixes to Enthrall. The Reave changes on their own are good. Reduced energy cost and vertical movement make the skill a lot more fun to use. I'd still like to see a bit of range functionality with the fog wall itself, even if it's a little bit. Being invulnerable for it's duration also drastically improves it's use as an escape tool, improving Revenant's survivability even more.

Danse Macabre could use a slight damage buff to justify the nerf to it's energy cost. As it stands right now, the ability has the highest drain per second in the game, and nothing else to show for it besides a decent damage output. It doesn't need anything outrageous, but I could stand to see it's base damage increased a little, and the boosted damage increased a bit more to make boosting the ability worth the energy cost.

• Like 5

Just tried him properly after the recent changes in 23.8.0.... here's my feedback. 

Seems ok overall for a 'quick fix', nothing ground breaking but it's better than before.

Enthrawl  Changes still don't fix the issue of them dying too quickly or before they change to a thrawl, seems like our energy is taken if they die during cast too so can we at least get the ash bladestorm treatment where we only get charged if they fully turn.  Would still like a period of time where allies can't kill them too...

Mesmer Skin I haven't seen the 'one shot bug' for mesmer skin but I haven't specifically been looking for it either.

The changes still haven't changed mesmer skin charges to integers rather than decimal point values, why have a decimal value when it only takes a full charge per use?  Wouldn't be suprised if this has something to do with the 'one shot bug' being mentioned.

Ability to recast is nice but the animation makes it feel clunky because we just grind to a halt of need to do the 'run and jump' like we used to do with loki until it got changed to an animation that didn't break the flow...

Reave Wouldn't say no to a way to 'stop it' when it's in movement or even a way to control it's direction a little, I've had numerous occasions where it's got stuck against something and I'm stuck there until it's duration has finished.

EDIT : Originally thought this was a mesmer skin bug but it's actually a reave issue.  After triggering reave the graphics remain on the screen but in white giving the effect of a 'full screen fog'.  This makes it REALLY hard to see where we're going etc.

Dance Macabre  Still too expensive, still has issues with the smallest of steps, still has issues with the attack being too horizontal and not enough vertical variation. 

Passive  Stills feel like he doesn't actually have a passive, think this needs a rethink in all honesty. 

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2

So I have a quite a few issues with how Revenant works still, and am quite disappointed to still be echoing the needs for changes to his kit while watching a forgotten frame being seriously buffed at the same time.

• Issues with Enthrall:
    • Allies can kill my thralls (why is this still a thing, it makes his 1 useless in any competent team you know this)
    • Thralls are only localized (This is a fast paced game, by the time I can build up 7 thralls to turn into overshields my team is already a few tiles away or killed them)
    • Suggestions: 
      • Make Enthrall a AOE ability
      • Make thralls unable to be damaged by allies
      • Make thralls follow you when not being shot (It seems they are now really slow and don't even attempt to come to you unless the whole map is nuked)
  • Issues with Mesmer Skin:
    • Too much fog (There are spots in his fog that makes aiming with the default white reticle slightly difficult)
  • Issues with Reave:
    • Difficult to use (75 energy to be locked into going in a straight line and stealing health on a warframe with very little health... Why?)
    • No reason to use (Revenant has a big pool for shields not health, yet only 1 faction has shields to steal from, making this useless for a lot of situations)
    • Suggestions:
      • Make direction unlocked as a constant push in the direction we are facing (This lets us go around corners and increases our accuracy in this mode)
      • Turn a small portion of health stolen into shields (so I have a reason other than "oh no imma die" to use this ability)
      • Give us small chance (10%?) to get Mesmer skin charges (this alone would be amazing and would give a real reason to use)
  • Issues with Danse Macabre:
    • Damage is still blocked by Mass vitrify (Ya you didn't actually fix it, I'm unsure if you forgot to add this change or if the joke of you not testing is true...)
    • Range is a useless modifier and confuses people (RANGE ONLY AFFECTS BEAM WIDTH, WHY EVEN INCLUDE THIS???)
    • Suggestions:
      • Remove the range modifier and just lock the beam width
      • Periodically have homing projectiles get shot from his left arm, so it actually has a purpose and gives this ability more range
  • Issue with Passive:
    • Another useless passive, and I would know since I love playing Nova. Seriously you know we hate her passive, why did you put it on ANOTHER frame. What is worse is that with his entire kit/theme it's obvious what his passive should have been from the beginning... MAKE ALL DAMAGE APPLIED TO HIS SHIELDS FIRST, LIKE AN EIDOLON SMH. /rant

I just want to reiterate that it is incredibly frustrating to see such insignificant and overengineered changes to a frame that is constantly being critiqued, as you completely rework a forgotten frame. When will DE learn to stop releasing underpowered/unfun/incomplete frames, because at this rate I'm not even looking forward for Garuda.

• Like 4